Why aren't nu-shonen able to replicate the powerful zeitgeist of these behemoths?

Why aren't nu-shonen able to replicate the powerful zeitgeist of these behemoths?

Attached: kneelcryku.jpg (1497x2048, 552.74K)

KINO

T-T-TRANSFORMATIONS

Man, what shonens don't even have transformations for the protags?

Probably because shounen as a whole has fallen off

Depends on what you count as a battle shounen probably
It is kinda weird how they all transform instead of just learning new techniques though
I think Kenichi never transformed?

nushonen aren't long running. that's a big one. nowadays everyone cucks to the seasonal model. cartoon channels aren't as big anymore either so there aren't places that are as big as toonami or cartoon network in their prime to air dubs on. ppl dont want to admit it but all the normies that get into these shows get into them via dubs. the world economy isn't as strong either so there aren't that many dubs going around. back in the day you got things like mazinger, tiger mask, and yugioh dubbed in arabic of all things. there was a big dubbing scene in those days. there simply isn't as much interest these days for any number of reasons. strife, lack of economic incentives, declining influence of TV, a big fansub scene, etc. you get similar stories elsewhere.
the classics like hokuto no ken.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112.01K)

Goku isn't from the same era as these four.

Attached: hhj.jpg (1240x972, 607.13K)

>white hair luffy
What the fuck have I missed?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 28.94K)

perfection.

Attached: 1639869447501.jpg (679x375, 42.4K)

>nowadays everyone cucks to the seasonal model
Is that really a bad thing tho?
This way we won't have to deal with hundreds of episodes of filler that we skip over anyways
As for dubs, yeah i agree that those were the reason alot of normies got introduced to anime, so anime popularity might just decline with the newer generations. And japan itself is facing population decline and all that
Anime really seems like a doomed medium
I hope other ppl learn from the success of anime and realise that animation can appeal to a broader audience than just 10 year olds. Western animations like castlevania or arcane could be the successor to anime in the future

Attached: lkjh5C7.jpg (1200x675, 80.57K)

A very very divisive development, which I personally love. I think it's just filtered out the midwits really

Is Fairy Tale any actual use or is just generic fightshit with no real substance

It's the same as every other shounen, i.e. the latter
Girls aren't any good either
Some of the powers are ok

HITO HITO NO MI
MODEL: HAPLOID

Attached: nutluffy.jpg (1328x852, 140.9K)

EZ>Rave>FT, so don't bother with it

>Is that really a bad thing tho?
I can see the argument in favor of it but I'm personally not a fan. I believe stories should be as long as they need to be to develop the characters and progress the narrative competently. the seasonal model basically forces animation studios to schedule their works ahead of time so you can't really have proper stories with proper payoffs delivered over any meaningful amount of time. of course, there's there argument that anyone can tell a good story in about 12 or 24 episodes or so but not every good story can be told in that timeframe. do you see where I'm getting it?

Attached: 1585763754717.png (680x665, 656.12K)

>K I N O K I N O K I N O K I N O K I N O K I N O

Attached: SOVL.png (973x614, 566.73K)

>I believe stories should be as long as they need to be to develop the characters and progress the narrative competently.
How many chapters do you need to tell the story of a braindead rubber retard finding some treasure?

Attached: One_Piece_Logo.svg.png (800x292, 81.02K)

>Girls aren't any good either

Attached: 1618596882186.webm (1920x1080, 2.87M)

Erza is wasted potential the character, she's decent on her own but she's trapped in a story that's garbage and has to interact with cunts

>I believe stories should be as long as they need to be to develop the characters and progress the narrative competently.
Problem with that is, with long runners, you always have fillers and by the time you remove what's filler, you won't have a long runner. Even episodes that are plot relevant and have development oft have unnecessary padding.

>I believe stories should be as long as they need to be to develop the characters and progress the narrative competently
This only works with actual stories where you have the IRL time to plan out long stories, hell fucking light novels work with this logic better.
Most shounen are weekly and to finish 20 pages on a weekly basis you basically have no time for real storyboarding once you're past 100 chapters and the original story you planned runs out completely, and the longer a show is the more bullshit you need to stuff in just to buy yourself time to think about what you're going to do.

>I believe stories should be as long as they need to be to develop the characters and progress the narrative competently
the seasonal model doesn't prevent that tho, look at attack on titan for example
A story could be told over the course of multiple seasons
Obviously tho shows that aren't popular won't get multiple seasons and are effectively just advertisements for the manga

well 1's good enough for that init?

>implying SnK is good

Despite its divisive ending, it was overall an entertaining show to watch

>the classics like hokuto no ken.
One of the first techniques introduced was Ken powering up and ripping his shirt. The anime initially even treated it as a weekly transformation with stock footage.

SnK was an incredible experience as it was coming out that was horribly sullied at the end. As much as I detest the ending I can't say I hate the series just because of how much I was loving it at the time

Funny that fairy tale is up there when it's popularity tanked as it ran on way to long

Should've been Eren imo. Or even JJK since Ichigo counts here.

Isn't it the same for Bleach though

SnK is from a different generation as those shounen

but it's not really a transformation. it's just ken flexing. like Schwarzenegger.

Loved the premise but once they threaded the "mystery" I immediately lost all interest
Just give me kino not the rabbit demons long con

Goku isn't as well. Thought it's UI so it's from Super so I can concede that it counts somewhat.

Goku is older than the others, the pic is clearly representing the "old boys" of shounen

HxH If you dont count Gon San as it is very temporary and cost a lot

SnK has been on the air for 9 years and came out during the hayday of all those main characters in OPs image

Something something old good new bad.

Attached: OniDekopin.gif (190x108, 3.22M)

I don't really see your point
>came out during the heyday
I hope you realize Naruto ended 8 years ago.

It was a shame we never saw more of isshin fighting

>Using honorifics as a non-japanese

Attached: 1635515631536.jpg (570x587, 43.5K)

Sheeeeeeeeeesh

Attached: 1646468730001.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

One Piece's hayday was in 2005 when 'Water 7' arc was happening.

One Punch Man

the worst part about this post is that I don't know if you're trolling or not
well done user

OP's heyday is right now

Yeah and it's heyday was when it ended
One piece just hit its heyday with luffy joining the pantheon of transformed Shonen protags

yes, most shonen nowadays aren't just basic stories dragged forever solely to sell toys anymore
but don't worry, the trashy ones still do that

Attached: Funko-Pop-Infinite-Deku-with-Eri--620da69ac0038.jpg (500x500, 61.3K)

>Yeah and it's heyday was when it ended
The problem is that the people who were following nardo were following it for ten years while the people who picked up SnK were following it for maybe a few months when Nardo ended
They're from different generations m8 I don't see how this is fucking controversial

newfag

you zoomers don't know how hot Gear second was.

Attached: one-piece.gif (400x224, 474.85K)

That's a great funko!
I need to pick one up from my local GameStop!!

forgot the ( ) but otherwise good job

>fairy tail
Does it even popular outside japan? O mean latino loves dbz, others naruto and one piece.
Hell fairy tail should replace by demon slayer in that shit

different eras, retard

OPs image specifically has dad Naruto from his spinoff Boruto, so it really isn't a different generation

>Does it even popular outside japan?

Attached: in-France-Macron-meets-Katsuhiro-Otomo-and-Hiro-Mashima.jpg (1024x1011, 120.57K)

Attached: intredasting-63207471.png (500x513, 152.64K)

Attached: int.jpg (663x837, 56.15K)

still iconic !

Attached: One-Piece-Tokio-2020.jpg (1200x893, 150.69K)

Try again, in English this time

Attached: 561d2dc3ebdae43c1bd05cdda678d006--goku-dragon-ball-z.jpg (474x352, 31.56K)

What manga character has the best transformations?

Attached: detycu9-c6187d95-1ecb-4d25-89a7-99daddf79efe.jpg (1280x720, 159.45K)

>What manga character has the best transformations?

Tsuna from hitman reborn.