Live action remakes

Why are these so fucking bad and why do normies love them so much?

Attached: trashvsgoat.jpg (1920x1080, 253.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lfmLhXr8rm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cowboy bebop netflix got cancelled because normies hated it so much

Nobody except paid shitposters liked the live action series. There was like an outrage.

Most people don’t even like them. Streaming services just have to pump out content to keep their subscription model afloat. Anime is very popular and has a bunch of already well-known IPs that are ripe for adaptation. They never turn out good, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that there is always new stuff coming out so people don’t cancel sub.

I heard normies hate them too but they also watch it because they have urge to consoom. Real question, japs are great at art, crafting, music, videogames, amimation and they place so much effort in to those. Why they suck at movies and live action.

Nobody likes these things you fucking retarded faggot. Go back

I’ve seen literally no normies say they like the Netflix adaptation.

All of my normie friends like live action remakes and so do my boomer parents, I don't watch the shit I just want to know why normies love it. You go back.

>normies
Kill yourself normalfag

>normies
Fuck off normalfag.

You first.

They made gren a tranny. There are other things but that sums it up. Ruining the character and plot to push the cool new politics thing. Cowboy bebop is timeless. The adaptation was written by people who can imagine a different place and time than LA in the 2020s

Take a look at the people giving the live action remake high ratings.

*can't

Like all television, the business model encourages producers to pocket most of the money and hire a bunch of subcontractors while making a minimum viable product. Greed is after all a mortal sin. When your inner circle is compromised, either because it wants to steal or because it wants to earn political points, it's hard to make a good product. They literally don't care about people who financed the show or people who are going to watch it, they only care about their own goals.

Attached: spike jet money.jpg (960x720, 98.46K)

Paid shills? Do they matter?

>normies
It’s normalfag, normalfag.

Not everything is done by paid shills, people are just stupid.

I'm too autistic to be a normalfag.

They matter for actually producing a series or movie. If the studio's marketing team is looking at feedback and most of that feedback came from itself, from your own paid advertising and people brownnosing, you've got a huge problem.

>normies

Go back to Yea Forums

My friends and family wouldn't shut up about this shit when it first came out, there are shills promoting this sort of stuff but people are also just stupid so they love stupid shit like this.

>most of that feedback came from itself, from your own paid advertising and people brownnosing, you've got a huge problem.
Ah the Nuka Cola Dark incident. So nostalgic.

1. The people producing the shows generally don't care about the source material, but it's hard to get anything approved if it's a completely original product, so a lot of times people just want the skin of an existing IP to pour their own ideas in to get it produced.

2. Can't confirm this, but I remember hearing that writers only get their names on the credits if they make some kind of addition to the script. You can be handed the most immaculate work of art in the world, but if you don't put your hand on it in some noticeable way then you're basically wasting your time reading it. So writers are pressured to make changes even if the changes aren't necessarily needed and if you can squeeze your own political feelings into the work while making those changes well at least it was something that interested you.

Attached: 1647369376889.jpg (1079x740, 171.67K)

>Not everything is done by paid shills, people are just stupid.
True, but Netflix Bebop was just paid shills and voluntary shills dick sucking a company to waste more money producing a second season just to "own the trolls".
It wasn't normies who started a petition to renew the show, normies forgot about it in a week.

Look at how many executive producers this fucking show had and none of them could make anything worthwhile.

Attached: execs.png (219x257, 7.09K)

>normies
It's called "normalfags", normalfag.
And literally no one loves live action adaptations, especially not Netflix ones.

/thread

I'm an autist I can't even be a normalfag if I tried, but the normie-- I'm sorry NORMALFAG friends I know loved this.

>to pour their own ideas in to get it produced.
Funny how it's always the same ideas and the same additions.

We all know who's writing it and why, I wonder how long they'll keep it up.

I've been waiting for it to go out of fashion since forever. I remember being a kid in high school some time around 9/11, reading an article about political correctness in a physical copy of Time and thinking this will never catch on.

>90s Ghost in the shell movie has nipples.
>American live action does not.
Why are Americans so okay with gore, torture and violence but incredibly afraid of boobs?

Attached: 987656.jpg (1280x5040, 423.26K)

Americans are so obsessed with sex they have it in advertisements but they won't put nipples in movies, odd. I won't ever watch that remake even if it did have nipples.

If there's anything I've learned from modern television, it's that sex doesn't sell. What sells is people looking into the camera smiling or laughing, usually prancing around like elves in a shakespeare, or showing the customer a completely abstract, mathematical space with the product or sign spinning around in it.

There is no good live action anime.

Attached: anime acting.webm (712x400, 2.49M)

This is based and you know it.

Go back.

Japanese live action movies are made on Bollywood-tier budgets, so the only good ones are made by extremely skilled directors with creative techniques. And then even those don’t even show in theaters outside Japan, allowing Hollywood to do a remake that everyone agrees is shittier than the Japanese original but still makes more money through sheer market size and advertising. This is really not just Japan but the fate of cinema in all non-English speaking countries because reading scares Americans. So I guess they just see there’s no money in it and don’t bother trying

This post reminded me of Ring and Jo-On: Grudge.

Weirdly enough I feel like a lot of the reasons why people like Speed Racer is that it's aimed at a younger audience but also has a lot of similarities to live action anime adaptations from Japan in a way. The absurdity and the complete detachment while still being live action helped it. Bebop's tone I feel was going to be impossible to nail down properly, and GitS would've never worked in live action either. They didn't even try and make it relatively grounded in the same aspect the anime was.
Animation medium is honestly super impressive with tone.

Attached: Family_shot.jpg (1920x819, 373.06K)

So how was that French version of City Hunter?

It was pretty french.

Because they say fuck the fans and your sexist for like hot girls or boys.

Samurai X was ok

It's sexist to like a girl?

I think you mean why do "journalists" say people like them. which is a self answering question.

According to the left yes you can't say hi or look at her without her permission or it's rape I shit you not.

Yeah, but people I know IRL like it then again they blindly listen to journalists and critics.

Speed Racer was so good that it got John Goodman out of drugs. No joke.

Ironic considering the film is like a drug trip.

>"normies"
Reminder that anyone using this word is a normie himself, because he doesn't know the actual Yea Forums lingo for it.
Not that any of the newfags in this bait thread would know or care, including OP.

>why do normies love them so much?
They don't. They hate them too.

Faye was awful. Gone was the cool beauty who seduced scumbag men to take advantage of them instead she became a bratty teen who hasnt mastered cursing yet. Also, they went full retard with Edward.

I say both normie and normalfag whenever I want, I've also been here since 2008 so fuck off.

All of the normies I know IRL like most of them though.

>from 2008
>still a newfag
You're a lost cause.

>normies
Spot the normalfag

Fine with that.

I'm too autistic to be a normalfag.

Alita Battle Angel
Speed Racer
All you need is Kill (Edge of TOmorrow)

Because normies in west believe in inferiority of animation as medium compared to live action and view it as less adult thing

And if I see copies as inferior to the original what does that make me?

>japanese authors make stories about white people who are an inexistent minority in japan
>racist americans complain about live action adaptations having white people in it
can't make this shit up
americans are cunts

>not normies AND normies hate it
Yeah, it was THAT bad. Death Note level.

Somebody still as part of problem if you do not see animation as superior to live action

This had nothing to do with the post you replied to.
Why do all live-action threads have terrible discussion like this?

youtu.be/lfmLhXr8rm4
Aoi Honoo is the only exception.

the one piece live action is going to be abysmal, isnt it bros... i can just feel it. i can already imagine the netflix normies eating it up and not even knowing theres a manga or anime

Attached: 3242532.jpg (1280x720, 80.37K)

>according to the jews*
FTFY.

>Alita
Absolute dogshit