Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury Teaser Theme Song "Last Breath" by J.T Peterson

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury Teaser Theme Song "Last Breath" by J.T Peterson

youtu.be/G5EiauIuKVA

Attached: 1648531751971.webm (1280x720, 2.51M)

Any Tomino involvement or timeline announcements? He's busy with his 5 part movie series so he probably won't be involved.

I've never watched Gundam, is this likely to be an ok place to start? Looks pretty cool.

Gundam is so broad and extended at this point that the best place to get into Gundam is where it excites you.

So yes.

No.

Mobile Suit Gundam
Zeta
ZZ
Char's counterattack

If you don't like it after watching these 4, don't bother with the other series.

Yes

Theres plenty of fun to be had in non UC gundam, go back to /m/

>Gundam is so broad and extended at this point that the best place to get into Gundam is where it excites you.
Great to hear, I don't think I'd ever catch up if I went from the beginning
Looks like I've got half a year to catch up so I'll check these out. I'm almost done with what I'm watching now so this saves me the trouble of deciding what to watch next, thanks user

I don't have high hopes for this after the hot garbage that was IBO.

yeah.
these types of gundam shows are made for newcomers

Just start whenever. Classic advice is to stick to production order, but Gundam's a huge franchise. Plus the Universal Century timeline's fucked since it's the only one with staying power.

If you're watching anything from UC you should watch the original Mobile Suit Gundam, or at least the movie trilogy. It'll give you good backstory for the setting and the neverending Federation/Zeon conflict. Unicorn was a really big OVA series that's sort of set the tone for modern UC entries, so that's probably important. for Witch from Mercury.

Also even if you don't like Tomino's core Gundam entries of MSG/Z/ZZ/CCA one of the alternate universes might appeal to you. G Gundam is hot-blooded robot martial arts tournament, 00 is one of the newer entries with story/beats "closer" to contemporary views/ideas, and Build Fighters (only the first one) a giant love letter to the franchise that literally anyone can get into.

Thanks user. Downloading picrel at the moment but I'll see if I can find G Gundam and 00 too.

Attached: file.png (539x156, 20.12K)

The 0079 compilation movies are worth a watch too, they clean up most of the bits where they ran out of the money and Tomino really came into his full as a director there.
Also be sure to watch War in the Pocket at some point, it's fantastic.

Attached: gundum.jpg (640x480, 63.02K)

What if I just like watching giant robots going pew pew?
Can I still enjoy this without knowing the plot?

I do not understand why f91 and victory are UC. they're so far removed faction wise from the the other like 8/10ths of UC gundams

We still have no idea if it'll tie into one of the preexisting timelines or not, so I can't give you an answer.

Attached: kamille PTSD.gif (500x373, 328.94K)

Instead of watching the original series, you are better off watching its movies instead.

pretty sure this one is mean to be a completely new show.
not tied to anything

They're about the decline of the Federation. Not everything's gotta be Zeon, despite Fukuda's insistence otherwise.

Attached: victorygundam.jpg (1024x762, 187.41K)

IBO had some great ideas like the focus on blunt force and conventional rounds. S2 was definitely a mistake though, if only because it was a disaster by committee.

Eh, both have their merits. You miss out on a lot of the worldbuilding and the side cast getting developed if you stick with the movies. You also don't get to see this goofy motherfucker.

Attached: zakrello_1.jpg (455x363, 175.8K)

They only happen because some organization went to Mars during the UC timeline, they weren't really mentioned in any of the mainstream UC anime and only got added in manga, LN.
Another famous theory is that Usso, main character of Victory is Char's grandkid.

they depict the federation at its weakest, showing how the colonies being independent won't actually bring peace and how earth is slowly healing

>Char's grandkid
That would imply char got laid tho

He was clearly banging Lalah and Nanai. Char has gone around quite a bit.

Sure. Sunrise likes to flex their animation talent whenever they do anything in the Universal Century, so there's definitely going to be some pretty robot pew pew. Plus good robot fights really get the kids'/otaku attention to help sell merch.

I like F91 and Victory being so far removed, since CCA really capped off that part of history in a nice way and so F91/V could move forward the timeline while being their own thing. Early UC sidestories being so popular ended up muddying the timeline with so many conflicts happening in such short timeframe that it's a wonder Zeon ever lost or how the Federation managed to keep everything together for so long.

Plus the late UC grunt designs are great.

IBO has a bunch of god tier MS designs for gunpla though.

Char and Nanai fucked.

Attached: tomino pussy.jpg (1192x559, 222.26K)

Not many of those worldbuilding got any significant development if you miss out on them though. I confess i never watch the original series, timeline wise Z is my first but i am still able to understand most of the UC stuffs up until Hathaway

>Sunrise likes to flex their animation talent whenever they do anything in the Universal Century
is this confirmed UC?

the bane of makoto shinkai fans

its not uc, doanz island is the big uc project
mercury is the new au

speaking of timelines, what was that thing tomino said about g-reco's position in a timeline that made everyone think he was senile?

being place after turn a iirc

>Mars
Zanscare was from Side 2, and Cosmo Babylonia was Side 4 being occupied by Jupiter scum. Mars Zeon was distracting the feddies during F91, but that's more of a side note than anything and is pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of things given that they get their shit kicked in.

Tomino, the absolute unit

Is it UC? What the fuck is it?

How can one man be so based?

Attached: tomino shinkai.jpg (1200x984, 162.61K)

I should watch more of Shinkai's movies just so I can agree more with Tomino

He's honestly not wrong.

Attached: Tomino SNK.png (644x99, 6.13K)

Definitely not UC, Gundam design looks like IBO's but the other mech looks like it is from Reconguista.
Also, i never remember Mercury related stuffs in UC timelime.

We failed as a culture when we made Miyazaki the referent to anime instead of Tomino

Ippei Gyoubu did a bunch of of IBO designs, but he's also done some Moon Gundam (UC) designs and G-Reco designs.

Why are modern Gundam designs so complex? A lot of the detail seems superfluous.

I will be legitimately sad when Tomino's time does come.

>Moon Gundam
>Let's put a gundam head onto proto Sazabi
It is the most stupid shit ever, maybe not as worse as Z with Zaku head.

To be fair, that sounds like something Moon Moon would do.

What makes a Gundam Gundam? Is it the body structure? The material? The head shape? Or because it is a Gundam because somebody said so?

Mostly because someone said so, but some sort of V-fin on the head is almost always present. Though occasionally it's a moustache instead.

Attached: Turn A.png (309x532, 61.09K)

So, is zeta with zaku head not a gundam? Those Zeta A1, C1 got V-fin but not classified as Gundam.

Nah, they're still Gundams.
Hell, if we go by G Gundam standards, just about anything can be a Gundam.

Attached: g gundam neo-denmark.jpg (1200x900, 270.25K)

Because someone said so and based on timeline i guess. I remember there is some mobile suit called Gundam head in UC, basically MS with a gundam head but not called Gundam. There is also the case of Moon Gundam, a Sazabi with Gundam head.
In Wing, Gundam are those that were made from Gundamalloy but in the LN, Tallgeese were also made from the same material but not called Gundam.
In Seed, well, any MS that spells GUNDAM in its operating system is a gundam.
In 00, kinda hard for this one but probably it is the name for MS created by CB. But in season 1, both sides called GN-X a gundam.

00 and AGE are your best bet

What does the success of elden ring mean for the future of Bandai Namco? Will they start doing cowboy bebop esc stuff again?

There's another Armored Core in the works now, so they'll at least be making some cool model kits.
An AC anime could actually be pretty interesting now that I think about it, though actually seeing the pilots might ruin some of the magic.

Imagine an Electrosphere anime. You'd have to get Konaka and Abe on board for that, I don't know if anyone else still in the industry could properly deliver the atmosphere.

Are we getting 50 eps like IBO or 26 like G-Reco?

You need to remember at the time, the idea of another universe/reboot was pretty out their
and if Tomino got to make his full f91 series i imagine old man Juda would have shown up like in Crossbone since that uses his ideas he had left over from F91

This

Wrong AC, but that'd be cool too.

Char has banged multiply bitches & lalah was his first.

Attached: 1626490001920.jpg (1280x921, 397.76K)

i know right. Tomino was right about iseyama from the start, tomino saw right right through his bullshit seeing as he was going to fuck up own his series at some point.

Attached: Hajime's.jpg (1080x1096, 148.86K)

Tomono low key warned us.