No It's not wrong to ask for translation money!!!

No It's not wrong to ask for translation money!!!

Shikimori's Not Just A Cutie

Attached: kjx3rocuo9u81.jpg (720x1034, 167.4K)

>I buy my own raws so I'm just gonna call out every scanlation group
Actual retard

i dunno man they are providing a service
i wouldn't be able to read it in english if it wasn't for them
i think its fair that they can receive money

I don't care about this autism. Where can I find raws of manga? I've DJT'd enough that I'm ready to give non-translated stuff a shot.

It is fine if you have a few bucks to spare. I don't mind donating to the group doing manga i like.
And yes, i did donate once to sickmom.

It is fine to ask for a tip. But it is annoying that after every chapter there is a full page of
>PLEASE GIVE US MONEY FOR SCANS WE WILL DIE AND THE WORLD WILL COLLAPSE
Tip jar policy's get more donations than begging for cash.

He is autistic but he is also right.

giant autistic wall of text more interesting than the shikimori manga itself

heh

Attached: Shikimori3.jpg (906x592, 136.94K)

1. translation is some random faggot's interpretation of what the japanese raws are saying
2. there is always some loss of context, nuance, and meaning in scanlation, no matter how great of a translator you think you are.
3. series get dropped and picked up by other groups, get redone, or are simply abandoned because the group is bored with the series.

The Only Solution:
Liberate yourself by learning nip. Read raw manga. Watch raw anime. read raw Web Novels and Light Novels.

>there is always some loss of context, nuance, and meaning in scanlation, no matter how great of a translator you think you are.
People accept that, it is the obnoxious fags who try to "fix" stuff out of misplaced ass pain about American politics is the problem. Just sayin.

>encounter Nip's permanent misuse of loan words.
I hate it.

Attached: 022_022_A7.png (880x660, 715.07K)

>13dl that provides zipped files of complete magazines and complete volumes in respectable quality
Complete bullshit.

Nothing wrong with that, I mean It's your fault if you give them money when they ask for it. I've myself gave money to two translators in the past when they asked for it, they both translate unusual manga that I like, so I didn't see a problem with giving them a few bucks. I myself know that scanlating is free except for teams like HnG, Illuminati, or HappyScans that has to buy and scan books because there is no raws, but that's a few people and they aren't even the one asking for money.

Attached: a72.jpg (1000x1000, 311.79K)

so true!

Autistic but correct.

Retards scantl readers will donate to SEA monkeys google translating mangas but nothing to the actual mangaka, it's retarded.

Indeed user

Attached: 35a2dc0f-9b1d-418f-b0ce-580b9b10b07a.png (1700x3125, 1020.12K)

oh is that the ugly gremlin series? not even pedos would like that shit so no wonder it died.

Translators asking for money deserve a crudely done sniping.

kirei cake needs to get arrested

That's correct. It's the mangaka's work, you should be paying them, not some retard feeding their work through MTL.

Lhscans is long gone, seriously, where do people go for raws now? I learned japanese and now no one has the chapters until they're translated anyway

>learning nip
That's an impossible task. I speak Spanish, Italian and English, and i can understand some Portuguese, but languages like Japanese are impossible to learn due the fact they have 3 alphabets, east asian languages are not designed to be easily learned unless you live in gookland.

manga1001 is dead
other raw sites are slow, incomplete or dead
it's hard being a raw reader when you're a dirtpoor third worlder with no money.

Unfathomably based. Its actually disgusting how many braindead newfags are defending this shit.

>You're better off spending that money on official release for people that make a living out of it.
How? To get censored, slow releases with low quality?
At least when the person working on it is doing it (mostly) free, you can somewhat excuse worse quality on the fact that it's not literally their job.

I mean It's not that I don't agree but I question why even do it at all if you can't afford too and have no love of it.

>Electricity costs
>Internet bill
Not only does the latter tell me they live in a shithole on price alone, but this is clearly implying that if they weren't scanlating, these costs wouldn't exist. There is no shot that this asshole would live without a computer and internet for a fucking moment.
At that point you might as well start listing your food expenses as something necessary for scanlation

>Buy the Japanese product so the series doesn't get cancelled so it gets an overseas release you won't buy because you already have our illegal product

HOLY FUCKING BASED

I'm buying manga. I have more than 1000 volumes, but this is fucking retarded.
I started learning Japanese because manga translations in my country (Poland) are fucking retarded. Imagine something like viz, but 3x worse. Censorship, heavy localization, replacing references, changing character names, inserting retarded local memes, censorship, redrawing sounds etc.
US manga publishers are mostly okay (Yen Press, Sven Seas, Kodansha) but they are expensive as hell from my perspective. Importing original Japanese volumes is like 10x cheaper.

But even if I have big collection like this, I think that everything written on this image is a bullshit.

They doing scanlation to get money for their sick mother. Please understand

What do you take offense at?
The "respectable quality"? It's straight from the e-book store, you can't really get much better than 13dl unless there are big differences between various stores and they rip from a bad one.
Oh wait, that's right, some old physical scans are in absolute crap quality.

Is 13dl the best place for raws if nyaa does not have it or at 0 seeds?

If you can't find it, pay the idiot tax by buying it.

>group drops a manga
>another group picks it up
>nooooo you can't do that

>NOT THE HECKING SNIPERINO!

the OP answers your question you speedreading retard

I like that they never actually address the "sniping for attention" part, merely the money stuff. It goes without saying that the only reason you snipe a popular series is for attention unless the translation is just ultra slow or beyond shit.

He's also a redrawer, which is the kind of irrelevant autism job nobody really cares about except the other group members.

The only fags that actually spend a lot of money on scanlation are the groups paying some nip crook to steal copies of Weekly Shonen Jump from the delivery truck a week before street date, and I think Manga Plus killed them all at this point.

>HnG
Almost everything they translate is garbage in the sense that they're bad series almost as bad as the shit JUM picks up and I'm fairly certain they lied about why they dropped Kengan. Why support them?

The only based translators are the ones whose 'donation' button just links to a digital raw seller website

Damn I didn't know Poland was like that. I also buy a lot, but I live in France, so I don't really feel like I need to learn japanese to read more, I get more than enough manga to read in english and french. And yeah english manga are stupidly expensive when you import them, the price is so high and the quality so bad, It's the same price that manga published by very small publishers in France
I like the type of manga they are translating, I'm into old school stuff that's why I support them. I don't really care about the true reason why they stopped translating Kengan, but you should be thanksfull that they didn't let the Wild Fang Project fucker snipe the series.

Attached: 20220410_070350 - Copie.jpg (3004x2565, 1.9M)

>You want the series to keep going? Then buy the manga. Then wait for official translations shittier than the translations already out there
Great marketing move!

I'm just saying that they dropped it stating they were told their translation was just too good for it to get licensed and immediately after it shows up on Comikey. So for whatever reason they seem to have tried to hide that Comikey got it and since fuck Comikey, fuck HnG by association.

Who cares. If I wasn't so lazy and learned enough moon to make a decent scanlation, I would snipe any series I enjoyed and not give two shits what other groups though. Typesetting is not hard. Redrawing can be depending on the panel but if I can clone tool I can do a bad job. Translating though is not something I can do so I don't bother.

I'm not sure how a handful of wapanese pedos would have helped if nobody in Japan gave a fuck.

Lots of third worlders are actually able to make a living off scanlation donations, it's why so many of them do it and why your average scanlation is of such ass quality.

>group is behind on raws and hasnt uploaded in months
>new group "snipes" and uploads a new chapter
>noooo my sick mom
>old group immediately uploads new chapters that they were sitting on
many such cases

>old group immediately uploads new chapters that they were sitting on
Apparently they're waiting on comments on mangadex or some other retarded reason. Lots of groups with finished stuff they just don't release, it's ridiculous.

People should buy raws if they want to support somebody, and supporting the author is much more important, since low sales might axe the series. Scanlators don't matter, another group will pick up if they drop.

Its hard to want to support a series if I cant read the damn thing. And if current translators quit, its not very likely someone else will pick it up. Such a shit situation man

Buy Japanese volumes.

Read scanlations or learn moon runes.

F.U.C.K. American translations.

Attached: 1650274355932.webm (480x480, 451.04K)

>das
Why would he throw this guy under the bus like that

>>old group immediately uploads new chapters that they were sitting on
>Lots of groups with finished stuff they just don't release
Why do they do this

That's a lot of text but he's right. Besides, if someone has the skills to do a decent scanlation, they're probably already putting them to use in their real jobs (though e.g. I work in IT, so it ended up being an absolutely perpendicular set of skills for me, except for writing manga rippers). I get the point that since you're doing illegal stuff already, asking money for it wouldn't make it even more illegal than it already is, but I guess I've got old school "this fansub is not for sale or rent" morals.

>F.U.C.K. American translations.
You really don't know what bad translation means (okay, Viz, Udon and Vertical are pretty shit, but literally everything other have good, not localized and censored translations).

Attached: scan drama.png (1125x642, 618.36K)

Then again maybe I'm an odd case, as my career is in IT so I have a stable, even if europoor, income stream, and I'm used to soloing half of what I translate, and mostly soloing half of the rest, so I wouldn't know how groups operate. I once translated a bloody PSP game where I had to do everything from coding an unpacker/repacker to translating and editing images... I wish I was better at life choices and spent my time on something more useful.

>official translations shittier than the translations already out there
Found the delusional EOP.

I really wish underage people would just stop getting involved in the community as group managers. I've known a couple of very level-headed ones with an excellent grasp of Japanese, but most of the time you get shit like this where they just provoke drama. I'm not particularly level-headed myself, I'm an attention whore in my thirties, but this is just shameful.

I've worked with an indonesian fan translator group and they're one of the most entitled crybabies I've ever seen. They act like they own the title, going around scolding people who re-hosted their shit. Also loved to shit on other group's translations even though they aren't better themselves.

Jati, if you see this fuck you and I hope you get cancer.

wkwkwk

>both sides in an argument are retarded faggots

Attached: 1444371453211.jpg (302x225, 8.71K)

>underage people
These are people mostly in their twenties desu.
I remember a Vietnamese trans group that had a hegemony over the Iruma manga. Any time somebody would upload a chapter instead of them they'd literally band together to harass and chase them away. This went on for a few years.

can't tell if shill, newfag, or retard
officials are worse than fanTLs more often than not

Oh yeah, the typesetter in my group also loved to sit on translated chapters for weeks. Then the editor sat on it again until people starts begging.
Their ego genuinely made me sick. It wasn't even their own creation. Lazy cunts.

fucking based, subhuman groups who beg for money get the rope

>Why do they do this
Probably to slack off because they know no one else is gonna translate anyways

Its true. Would you rather read official translations or one made by fans?
8/10 times I go with fans.