Ghost Stories

AUGHEUAHUAAWGHUEIAHA

Attached: keiichirou-miyanoshita-1.jpg (350x490, 40.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hY3A5I7m060?t=603
archive.org/details/laketexarkanagamera
nyaa.si/view/1080920
youtu.be/wVkYediuSuw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we'll never get something so good like that ever again

og bojji

too much fun was had.

AUGHAI AU AU AUGH AAAH

Attached: ed72b80edd21265e86e36f8efaa1f751.jpg (600x800, 84.71K)

Sadly Comedy isn't allowed any more
only way we might get some thing like that is on a Fan Dub
and with how faggy these companies are they wouldn't let you have it up for long

Attached: 45664.gif (400x250, 541.12K)

TFS most likely died from legal action instead of their self-proclaimed "we were bummed out..." excuse, what with Toei going on a warpath, so that possibility isn't too far-fetched.

What are the Japanese comedy dubs? I'm only remembering tweaks like pretending Lisa is the main Simpson and they rewrite occidental Transformers a lot, but that's more like 4kids editing a show for 7 year olds out of a show for foreign 9 year olds.

>Sadly Comedy isn't allowed any more
Keep my waifu's name out your fucking mouth!

Blame imposed nigger and faggot worship by kikes.

Is Sadly Comedy a horsegirl from that Cygames anime?

Is this show genuinely good in Japanese? Has anybody here seen it in Japanese? I refuse to watch the dub
>BRO DUDE YOU'RE MISSING OUT-
I know, and I ask in full acknowledgement of that fact.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: aotScream.png (180x179, 69.68K)

If they made Ghost Stories today you faggots would be first in line to complain.
>woketard SJW localizers ruin another anime! they made fun of Christians and Republicans, this is literally white genocide!

You can't understate how much Toei disliked them. Entire DBZ events were told to cancel if even one person from TFS tried to show up.

If by TFS you mean Team4* then their time had already come, engagement 2 their work was steadily dropping & they were leaning towards making their own dub rather than a parody towards midpoint of cell saga. There was all sorts of bullshit about "muh feels muh epic speeches of friendship" being peddled unironically, rather than how it was prior i.e Vegeta's "you're not dealing with the avg. saiyan warrior" which was always the butt of a joke.

>Keep my waifu's name out your fucking mouth!
but not my cock.

Attached: 6b3.png (742x768, 556.68K)

Right you are, Ken.

>IMAGINE THERE'S A BLACK GUY CHASING YOU!
>The Internet was a blessing from Lord Jesus
>Not because you're a rabbit, but because you're black!
I miss this shit

It made fun of everyone, retard, like all good comedy does. Remember the Jew jokes? The lesbian mom thing?

They made fun of Christians and republicans in the first one you fuckin retard
GTFO you Normie faggot
You obviously never saw it and dont belong here

Attached: Ghost-stories.png (467x334, 168.07K)

Found it:
youtu.be/hY3A5I7m060?t=603

JUST FILL THE HOLE, HOLE FILLER!

X the Y, Y Xer is the best joke

seven?

Ahead of it's time

Comedy has been dead for years. No new jokes come all just rehashes.

You'd call it Reddit the second it would appear

Attached: ghost-stories-3.png (384x287, 137.03K)

Think of a big black man chasing you!

You know what I hear?
I hear the sound of you shutting the fuck up.

>Entire DBZ events were told to cancel if even one person from TFS tried to show up.
How? Why? They didn't like the fan interruptions? TFS was great but they can't steal the spotlight.

You'll never get a redneck dub of a Kaiju film ever again...
archive.org/details/laketexarkanagamera

>TFS was great
No they weren't. They were a bunch of cancerous faggots who did nothing but spread memes.

I know the dub is great, but the original anime wasn't that bad desu

Yes, because people keep demanding translations have to be as literal as possible

The original being bad or flop was a meme anyway. It did fine in Japan, but just didn't have much of an appeal in the west and the rightholders bought the anime as part of a bulk deal so they didn't really care. That's my understanding at least

The dub is literally the only reason the show hasn't been forgotten.
Does 2ch ever have Ghost Stories threads?
I bet they don't.

It's remember fondly by spics

>republicans
>white
haha, very funny schlomo

If every american voice actor worked as Rob Mungle, I would watch dubs without a problem.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13.59K)

WOW THANKS YOU WATCHED A YOUTUBE VIDEO

I mean who knows how many hidden dub blooper reels there are with stuff along the lines as this.

yeah bro, all those offended republicans on Yea Forums, bunch of complainers.
how out of touch can you be?

Taking it too seriously is the death of abridged series. These things got popular as silly little low brow jokes but for some reason they started trying to actually tell the story properly as well.
The fact that yugioh abridged still isn't done is fucking absurd. How does voicing some silly lines over footage take several times longer than actually making the original show did?

I love the Ghost Stories dub but it really shouldn't be repeated. Half the humour is simply the shear increduality you have over the fact the this is the official dub, which wouldn't last if this became a regular thing.

Yea Forums dubs something is a feasible project

A racist anime would be enough.

I enjoyed the original and the dub

worked pretty well the last time
nyaa.si/view/1080920

also check'd

Ghost Stories made fun of protestants, Republicans, Jews, lesbians, blacks, the poor, the rich, pedophiles and Christians, but it never made fun of Christians

What was with all the references to Lost? It wan't that good, was it?

No. It's not. It's bland, dull, and painfully generic. That's why the dub was made in the first place - since it didn't do well they were given a free pass to do whatever they wanted as long as the main plot points were kept. That's why it exists. It would be a shame if this sort of dubbing happened to a good show, and then the dub overshadowed a genuinely good series, but thankfully it's not the case here.

Yeah, you put it well. There are some recent dubs that take too many liberties because "it's a comedy anime, we have to make everyone assholes even in scenes when they weren't originally because COMEDY" and frankly they suck. Ghost Stories was the true exception. Nowadays it comes off as far too cynical.

How did we even get it the first time around?
The series flopped harder than anything in decades in japan if I remember right, so they just said fuck it do whatever with the dub.
But still, the whole political correctness thing was huge at the time. How was Ghost Stories able to fly under the radar for years as a cult classic?

There was one rule, which was to keep the plot elements. That's why it isn't an incoherent mess.

The worst part is that some of the VAs that did the Ghost Stories dub are now all about being politically correct and woke. Fucking hypocrites.

NO CORRE IN THE HOSPITAL, CABRONES!

It was the Game of Thrones of that era in that it was super popular and had a million things to resolve. Then eventually it fell apart and had a shit ending. Mainly due to writing themselves into a corner though, unlike Game of Thrones which was just director faggotry and trying to rush the ending to work on nu-StarWars, which they didnt get to do since Game of Thrones ended so shit.

youtu.be/wVkYediuSuw

Mercury Falcon made a video on this. The rumor was that the show flopped in Japan and the studio told ADV they could do whatever they wanted to it to make it sell, but it's not true. Ghost Stories actually did very well in Japan, only underperforming in other SEA markets. But the show itself was only created to fill time in a programming block, so the studio didn't really care about it and drew up a really loosely-worded contract for it when selling the distribution rights. The writer and producer behind the Ghost Stories dub both had a long history of screwing with localizations just because they felt like it, and either the writer had misinterpreted or the producer outright lied about what they were allowed to get away with and we have the Ghost Stories that we have today.

I saw a few of the more acclaimed episodes in Japanese, and it's really not worth watching. It's too toothless and watered down for a younger audience to effectively work as a horror series, and the serial format combined with how dull and one-dimensional the characters are means it's awful as a mystery or character drama. It's just boring. It was a lot more popular in Japan than the rumors would have you believe, but it was coasting on the success of the books it was adapted from, and I'm pretty sure it came on right before One Piece or some other huge series.