Yu-Gi-Oh!

I think, it's time... for some KINO

Attached: f9077b55c6d388fd5b05de0b12e0f787.jpg (587x768, 80.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

natalie.mu/comic/column/472314
ygorganization.com/summary-of-natalies-interview-with-mr-hikokubo-masahiro/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based Yugibro

Attached: a9f.jpg (640x369, 72.6K)

>Hunter x Hunter
>Death Note
>Code Geass
>Steins;Gate
>No Game No Life
>Promised Neverland
>Dr Stone
>any of these other mentalist shonen
All derived from Yu-Gi-Oh

In a way Kaz was ahead of his time yet still far behind... to this day doesn't get the recognition he deserves by mangaka or Jump readers despite predating the wave of shonen to come in the 00s... instead hacks like Togashi, Kishimoto, Kubo, or Oda are celebrated to high heavens. Boggles the mind.

ancient egyptians were japanese

Also don't forget Sword Art Online
Yu-Gi-Oh was one of the first to tackle VR seriously and SAO the novel came around the time DM and Hack were reigning strong.

No, Yugi just has those Egyptian genes thanks to his grandpa while Kaiba was adopted by a wealthy Japanese dude and his original family came from who knows where.

Have you considered that people may have immigrated from egypt to japan over several generations in those 3000 years?

When would you say the og Yu-Gi-Oh series went to shit bros?

After s0?
After DK?
After BC?
After DOMA?

MW was butchered in the anime on a shoehorned budget while it was a rushjob in the manga so that one is a no brainer and I never found it satisfying in portraying the so called answers build up during the entire series, and neither did Kaz.

Steins;Gate and No Game No Life aren't shounen.

Takahashi is just too old to have missed the modern era. He finished Duel monsters and fucked off from the public eye before the internet era exploded into a place where manga was shared constantly and mangakas were hyped up like they are now. Now Yugioh's just remembered as an old fad that died more than a decade ago, and the newer anime series are just blatant advertisements that dont have a fraction of the lightning in a bottle that Duel Monsters had 25 years ago.

Attached: 1645590178766.gif (800x800, 1.41M)

Attached: 1448997096174.jpg (960x540, 84.82K)

>Now Yugioh's just remembered as an old fad that died more than a decade ago
People still buy the damn cards and a lot of them.
>fraction of the lightning in a bottle that Duel Monsters had 25 years ago.
But yugioh took inspiration from other card games. Also yugioh was built off all kinds of previously established shonen ideas. It was like hokuto no ken and jojo but without the absurd amount of violence.

Basically this, the world wasn't ready for YGO to blow up even more than it did. Still pretty big, but other things get too much recognition nowadays.

And YGO derived from Kaiji, the true king of games series

It went to shit when you watched the anime.

MW wasn't bad. Most of the answers were good, we only missed an actual fight between the pharaoh and priest Seto and the meat of the BEWD romance.

>People still buy the damn cards and a lot of them.
Yes but most of the people are into the card game don't watch the anime anymore and a good chunk of them never have. That disconnect is the main reason they moved over to Rush for the anime since the card game can move sales on its own.

>lightning in a bottle
I like Yugioh a lot, but let's be realistic here. The original manga and Season 0 weren't even that successful. It wasn't until Konami got a hold of the series and spammed the card game everywhere that it became super successful.

the cardgame barely has anything to do with the anime anymore, and absolutely nothing to do with what Takahashi made for like 2 decades now, besides the yearly nostalgia support. In fact Sevens is now its whole other format to its own divorced from Takahashis game. Doesnt help that Takahashi got lazy and did literally nothing after Yugioh, theres nothing else for him to promote his name besides his copyright in the corner of every card.
>But yugioh took inspiration from other card games. Also yugioh was built off all kinds of previously established shonen ideas. It was like hokuto no ken and jojo but without the absurd amount of violence.
Thats why it was so popular. Takahashi mixed Jojos dramatic cliffhangers and occultic imagery with the mass collectathon hype wave of the 90s. It was a perfect storm.

It was absolutely the cardgame that made it popular but it was only enhanced with Takahashis writing style. Takahashi took Moncolle and MTG, added some ancient egyptian magic and eccentric characters, and created a comic book and television franchise out of it which got it popularized to the world.

And Kaiji derived from Pen-chan.

The manga was very successful before MW. Konami got a hold of the series because people REALLY wanted to play this card game that didn't exist yet. Plus I'd argue "lightning in a bottle" refers more to the quality of the manga than it's commercial success, and it's indeed great

>That disconnect is the main reason they moved over to Rush
Sort of, but not exactly. Yugioh anime merchandise sales were still good even to this day. Card sales hit a bit of a snag in the link era (not exactly related to the anime but rule changes) and the animation production had been going south for awhile. Not to mention NAS, the merchandiser for yugioh anime was restructured by AkatsuDK. Those were the real push.
>Takahashi mixed Jojos dramatic cliffhangers and occultic imagery
they hardly cared about that shit.

Attached: yuamu ohdo.png (1280x720, 1.37M)

Mon Colle Knights? Didn't that come after Yugioh?

Same creator, doesn't count

The mon colle cardgame came out in 97, long before the yugioh real life cardgame and knights.

But the Yugioh manga came out in 1996.
Although since you seem to know a lot about that time era, tell me: Is Yugi's hair style unique to Yugioh and a lot of series copied it, or did that hair style predate Yugioh?

>But the Yugioh manga came out in 1996.
It did, but the actual (official) Yugioh cardgame wasnt made until 1999 (though the Bandai cardgame was made in 1998). The cardgame in the original manga was probably more inspired by MTG however.
>Although since you seem to know a lot about that time era, tell me: Is Yugi's hair style unique to Yugioh and a lot of series copied it, or did that hair style predate Yugioh?
takahashi said he made yugis hair deliberately crazy so he would stand out and be easily identifiable. I guess it worked.

>Is Yugi's hair style unique to Yugioh and a lot of series copied it, or did that hair style predate Yugioh?
It's inspired by japanese rock artists. Yugioh popularized that sort of trend though.

I like pretty much every YGO (and yes, rush) except for arc-v and vrains however I do like the premise and setting of vrains and always wanted it at some point but they fucked it up

>I do like the premise and setting of vrains
well good because you're getting more of it.

Attached: bluetooth burst dragon.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

How anyone could like Sevens and Go Rush more than ARC-V and Vrains is beyond my comprehension. Sevens is the worst Yugioh of all time, and Go Rush just got started and is too early to judge.

Attached: [PoS] Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V 133 [720p].mkv_snapshot_22.17_[2016.11.28_01.33.20].jpg (1280x720, 86.6K)

>KINO
Kill yourself.

This. Zawa zawa...

Arc-v going to shit when the entered the synchro dimension and crow/5Ds nostalgia shilling really killed it for me, I didn't mind standard but late synchro onwards to the trainwreck we got at the end really fucking soured it for me. I'm more willing to rewatch VRAINS than arc v

Thank you.

I think, it's time... to check this 5

Attached: 5555.jpg (555x555, 54.83K)

>rewatch
Do people actually rewatch these series? I just watch them once and that's it. Maybe I'll watch a clip or two from an old episode, but marathoning an entire series I've already watched once before? No.

Attached: [PoS] Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V 106 [720p].mp4_snapshot_21.19_[2016.05.24_18.51.20].jpg (1280x720, 357.71K)

Yuzuposting is not something that can ever be recreated. You were either there for it, or you weren't. Simple as that.

Attached: 1460319800802.jpg (1280x720, 81.84K)

Occasionally whenever I feel like I'm in nostalgia mode and want to kill time

For me it was hitotsu ni posting

Too bad yuya is an example of what not to do.

Attached: 1497157641992.png (640x479, 389.76K)

natalie.mu/comic/column/472314
ygorganization.com/summary-of-natalies-interview-with-mr-hikokubo-masahiro/
Hikokubo Interview bits
• Hikokubo was involved in GX later in the pre-production stages, and suggested that for GX, they should focus on using Fusion Summons for the GX Era. He explains Polymerization and Fusion Summoning were rarely used during DM’s era, and he felt it was an underutilized but interesting mechanic unique to Yu-Gi-Oh! Takahashi Kazuki-sensei was extremely enthused by the idea.
• Hikokubo explains GX having Fusion Summons wasn’t a Konami demand, it was all him and the staff. The cards and stories were developed by the anime’s production team, and KONAMI’s Official Card Game staff would consider cards based on the TV show.

>kino
thread ruined

>Off by one
Watch this

Attached: 1639696037437.png (500x500, 98.83K)

So you sayin the Japanese were Kingz and shit,?

>Doesnt help that Takahashi got lazy
Lazy? Kaz ended up in the hospital due to stress issues during Millennium World, and later managed GX's Satorius storyline.

my favorite characters.

Attached: 1532925554849.png (653x599, 129.27K)

>I just watch them once and that's it
Same

The eternal siscons.

Arc-V is amazing because it's the first time an update to the game's mechanics made people dislike it based on the anime.

Attached: 1629438844721.png (1280x720, 485.92K)

Why does Sartorius feel like a Dartz rip-off?

Revolver did nothing wrong

Attached: 1513829741890.jpg (722x683, 85.35K)

Attached: 1499714466251.jpg (854x854, 137.01K)

But yugi is the king.

Still the best love story ever told in YGO

Attached: Screenshot_20190421_000015.jpg (1924x1080, 416.32K)

Jaden is asexual or gay.

>fucks his dad
ohonononononono

He just likes them young

Attached: 123456547599.png (1280x720, 669.34K)

Attached: 1644278012574.jpg (7212x4257, 2.95M)

cardsexual