Why don't Ainu get more representation in anime and manga?

Why don't Ainu get more representation in anime and manga?

Attached: file.png (1400x1400, 2.06M)

Because they don't have a beautiful tropical island for tourism like Okinawa.

Not enough cute Ainu girls.

>why don't burgers make more movies about redskins

Racism.

Golden Kamuy

Too irrelevant. Knowing that they exist is more than enough.

They remind the colonizers of their smol pp

A ton of them were made in the 90s when they were a popular virtue signaling cause. Now burgers moved on to blacks and trannies with a little latinx mixed in.

They did. Westerns are full of them

some ainu look balkan (serb, bulgarian, romanian)

That's a flawed comparison since Americans do actually avoid depictions of natives (to avoid fucking up, to avoid dealing with cultural advisors, etc.).
Compared to that, Ainu simply never got a popular genre/setting where they'd get a prominent spot. Thus, somewhat ironically, Japan made a lot of shows and games with Injuns despite them being completely alien to it.

Attached: Two samurai, an Injun kid and a tomboy Chinese girl meet in a bar.jpg (1280x720, 231.4K)

They are ultimately irrelevant

Genocided by subhuman gooks, Japan's genepool is ruined.

japan is waiting for them to die out in a generation or two first

they have some representation
most obviously the aterui anime
but that part in saikano stands out the most for me

Because the creators don't want to fuck it up and be politically incorrect.

I think they do alright- first time I saw ainu rep in manga was Shaman king with Horohoro like way way back when first shamanking anime was airing. While Usei wasn't the MC, his design was like the most memorable to me a tween, and all in all I liked how he was written in the OG manga.
To be fair I didn't have as much access to western comics then, but there definitly wasn't an equivalent at the time for what i did look at.

Attached: Vol10.jpg (1020x1581, 259.53K)

Genuine racism. The Ainu hardly get representation in anything in Japan.

People on here complain all the time about a lack of ''x'' in manga, when in reality ''x'' just isn't present in the tiny percentage of manga that Yea Forums is actively aware of. Try searching mangaupdates if you're actually curious, and not just shitposting.

I don't blame you for forgetting this.

Attached: zafaync.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

>Dancing with wolves
>Last of the mohicans
>Bone Tomahawk
>Apocalypto
>Wind River
Any other redskin kino I'm missing?

Golden Kamuy has enough for all of them

what part are you talking about

They're fucking everyone in our media man.

Japan is not obsessed with minorities like americans are to the point of sticking them into every media as much as possible.

Attached: chiseiswheretheheartis.jpg (728x1122, 243.07K)

There's something about Ainu genetics that just begs them to be raped and bred into extinction.

Attached: 1461529316946.jpg (1280x720, 102.31K)

Is the girl even supposed to be Ainu? I don't even remember her heritage being a big part of the show.

Cultural genocide to match the demographic one.

Racism mostly

Japs even like to pretend that Koreans who grew up in Japan and speak perfect japanese are completely different from them despite being genetically identical.

>Why don't Ainu get more representation in anime and manga?

Any BARA manga are full of Ainus.

One of the few modern series to have Ainu has a jewish Ainu as a protagonist

typical japanese racism.

>jewish Ainu
????

what's the name?

She's not, but it's an influence in the area where she lives.
The show's not worth watching, though. Almost everyone in the show except her gaslights and manipulates her into giving up on her dreams.

reminder that Ainu language is now irreversibly altered because of the japanese syllabary system not fit for representing other languages. Imagine if english was being read and spoken through japanese kana. That is how ainu is like now.
But it's the ainu fault for not makijg their own writing system. Actually a bunch of uncivilized brainlets, but that doesn't matter because they look cool.

The Ainu were an influence for the Ishvalans in Fullmetal Alchemist, but because of the time period it released in (and 03's director) everybody thought they were supposed to be Middle Eastern.

Pronunciations get fucked over from generation to generation anyway

>Korean
You will never be japanese

It is worth watching, they only dropped the ball in the last episode it was good up until then.

Why does people feel like everything needs to be represented in anime?

Ultraman Jack

You will never be east asian.

Because everything is being represented in everything else these days and it will never be enough for them.

Thank god
Jap diaspora are almost none existent in the U.S., whereas chink and gook diaspora is everywhere in the anglosphere. Couple that with tranny politics, and twatter virtue signalling, and that will give you the insight on the eternal butthurt of tranny localizers about everything Japanese. Most translators and localizers of Japanese to English are east Asian or South East Asian diaspora, and they inherited their eternal butthurt and inferiority complex about Japan from their place of origins. They're also just generally butthurt about japs in general, because everyone views them as the gold standard for being Asia, wheres the rest of Asians are basically viewed as third worlders.

You will never be a woman.

>cooks rice with rice cooker
>east asian
Fuck off, barbarian, you will never be japanese

Ken-samas, you need to stop pretending japs are anything special. They are just as rodent-like in appearance and weak willed in their groupthink behavior as any other east asian. You only like their entertainment products so put them above the rest.

I wonder why

Attached: image.jpg (729x753, 185.08K)

guessing Golden Kamuy where the dad is actually a Russian commie that tried to blow up the tsar

I mean I can see why people do that, China is basically a third world country with good marketing (go outside Shanghai and Beijing) and Koreans are just westaboos, having sold out the majority of their culture to emulate the west.
most other countries in Asia people know about got pretty bad reps like Thailand for it's prostitution

Attached: 1279561.jpg (1240x1240, 158.95K)

>you need to stop pretending japs are anything special.
They are special. They're the only ones in East Asia so far to have the social cohesion, discipline and organization to make it to where they are now. Everyone else has been lagging behind them for centuries now, at best copying Japan's notes, and they know it. As a result they have a huge inferiority complex towards Japan. Doesn't mean I want to be Japanese. That would be awful. There's a reason the West conquered everyone and not Japan. Japan is just America's horny adopted imouto.

Yayoi trickery

>Harry potter glasses
Post some Japanese girls please user.

>post korean girl while saying this
Americans really can't see the difference between asians huh.

Attached: 1648678159834.jpg (159x164, 8.12K)

The massive glasses were the first giveaway. Most likely she's Chinese. Japanese would never wear glasses like that.

Because they are different.

I had a feeling she was korean but it was from an article about Japanese girls not being allowed to wear glasses at work so I figured she might be half und half or something

Attached: idol glasses.jpg (582x605, 109.74K)

Because anime and manga isn't made out of twitter ideas of "representation" but out of genuine interest of the people making it.

Koreans are genetically manchu aka mongols.
Both of those girls are not mongol which means they are either han or japanese but not korean.
People always forgetbthe amount of japanese born in Korea as well during the occupation last century.

East Asians in general have plenty of social cohesion. Collectivism is literally built into the structure of Chinese language, philosophy, and culture. Japan was given western aid and development following the second world war and decided to emulate certain positive aspects of western culture while maintaining their own, unlike the Chinese who remained relatively isolated and then proceeded to decimate their own culture during the cultural revolution with nothing to replace it with. I doubt many Chinese today even know what it means to be Chinese aside from having Han ancestry.

Should've known it was that damn Yayoi again.

Attached: 1595838292398.jpg (800x893, 275.9K)

the more flat the face looks the more gook

Attached: 1621971905331.png (1984x997, 2.53M)

>representation
fucking amerimutts i swear