Why do modern anime have to look so soft?

Why do modern anime have to look so soft?

Attached: 12568915012.png (1264x2096, 3.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/playlist/6KZ29gLri6x7STfkxAT3WM?si=ycb310mpRQKxbO23LMqDuw&utm_source=copy-link
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I still don't like Naruto's whiskers on his kids.

Toei has been experimenting with line filters for the last few years in series like Dragonball and One Piece. They look alright

Attached: tigermask.jpg (1000x428, 69.91K)

Watch better anime.

You're not old enough to notice styles change every 15 or so years huh

I don't know if it's because of digital animation or trends, but I've realised most modern anime never use true black. It's always a dark shade of gray or other color.
The contrast with black is what makes the colors pop, and may explain the drab color scheme.

Attached: Orphen_Eyecatcher_(1998).png (640x480, 292.52K)

Attached: 39b54744b7f7536a54f2a558f1563fc81574688898_full.png (640x359, 285.81K)

My god Pokemon really became soulless during these last few years.

anime used to be an art form. Now is just a japanese cartoon thanks to moeshit

Attached: 1650266392387[1].png (992x2304, 1.63M)

Mass production for children

He doesn’t even try to be a Pokémon master anymore.

Literally soul vs. soulless

right looks way better here

Didn't ash got 2nd place in pokemon league at one point?

Left one looks like each scene has like 30 spot lights pointed at.

Now watch Yea Forums vehemently deny this and call you a Redditor.

you sound like a white guy that thinks he understands rap better than black people

Maybe, but the story isn’t even about that anymore in the anime or the games.

What if he does?
open.spotify.com/playlist/6KZ29gLri6x7STfkxAT3WM?si=ycb310mpRQKxbO23LMqDuw&utm_source=copy-link

Attached: 1649944768307.gif (800x449, 822.05K)

That's how the subsequent generations have changed in real life.
Evolution has been selecting against men and in favor of creepy perma-child elven zoomer girls (male).

Ash won against the champion last season. He is currently competing in World Championship and is now in top 9.
You didn't watch the anime. Don't talk about shit you don't know.

>Approximately three-fourths of Mauritania is desert or semidesert. As a result of extended, severe drought, the desert has been expanding since the mid-1960s. The plateaus gradually descend toward the northeast to the barren El Djouf, or "Empty Quarter," a vast region of large sand dunes that merges into the Sahara Desert. To the west, between the ocean and the plateaus, are alternating areas of clayey plains (regs) and sand dunes (ergs), some of which shift from place to place, gradually moved by high winds. The dunes generally increase in size and mobility toward the north.

The past two season of Pokemon unironically has more fluid animation than any of its older seasons combined.

The stories went from beating normal trainers and catching them all to meeting Pokemon God and saving the world. You don’t think so?

when did the first movie come out?

Mewtwo wasn’t God, just a powerful Pokémon so I don’t see where you’re going with this.

Well that's still the extent of the series now.
Unless you're talking about the ONE movie where they met arceus over a decade ago.

There are plenty of old series that look soft.

Attached: MV5BOGEzNDFkZWEtOWRiZi00NmI1LWE4NzctOWQwZmYyYjZhMGIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR0,47,500,281_.jpg (500x281, 14.72K)

Excluding movies, you might be right about the anime but I still think I’m right about the games.

So what you're saying is that we're headed for a trap world?

Because of the shotahunters

Attached: file.png (847x1200, 1.01M)

sauce?

damnn playa that shi't is tight as fuck, b

Attached: file.png (596x448, 469.23K)

wow... I really don't give a shit. The artstyle looks gay as fuck and there's no intensity anymore.
>muh fluidity
doesn't mean shit of the characters look like they're from fucking Steven Universe. Especially for a damn 20-second sakuga scene

No one is training to draw the left anymore.

The point being, Pokemon is just a bad example. During battles they often didn't even have any actual scenery in the backgrounds and Pokemon would use their attacks in place with flashing lights on the background. Now Pokemon move around and actually fight. The fact digital coloring is still kinda shit doesn't change this.

Overall lower skill levels + streamlined digital animation. The older stuff was either cel or early digital that had some old techniques carried over. Plus everything is just gayer and lamer now

When you say still kinda shit do you mean still relative to old Pokémon or relative to new anime?

>do you mean still relative to old Pokémon or relative to new anime?
Old Pokemon/old anime and its deeper colors. The original Mewtwo Strikes Back is gorgeous and atmospheric especially compared to any new Pokemon movie. But the choreography of the battles in new Pokemon even on television still beats it.

I’ve never met someone I disagree with more, but I guess it answers the question since I assume you’re younger than me and you’re indicative of what the kids think these days.

I mean have you actually watched new Pokemon battles compared to the old series? I actually completely agree with that poster, the sakuga on some of them blow the original series out of the water in terms of animation alone

>I assume you’re younger than me and you’re indicative of what the kids think these days.
What the fuck are you even on about? I am siding with pre-digital anime here for the most part. But you think the simplistic battles of old Pokemon where they just spammed attacks back and forth is better than the new seasons where they try and frame it is a real battle with strategy involved? Aren't you just really stuck on nostalgia that you can't compare and contrast these things without your bias showing?

Yeah, but I agree with the other guy that the new stuff is sterile and not appealing. No. I think it’s gotten worse in nearly every aspect starting with the first Gen/Season.

Old yugioh pokemon and naruto targeted the shonen demographic so like 13 year olds

Nu-yugioh, pokemon, and boruto are unitonically targeting 5 year olds. Which is why they have the rounder shapes because 5 years have trouble comprehending that sharp edges aren't scary.

The only reason the new yugioh format that the anime is based on exists is because the main game literally got too complicated for children and not even the anime could dumb it down for the kodomos

Attached: 1647007546218.png (1079x790, 1.28M)

Is top right even yugioh? Looks more like Spike from Ape Escape.

It takes less effort and therefore is cheaper as you can get Takeshi the intern or some random Indian dude to do it for you

Attached: idk-loli.gif (640x412, 657.28K)

Looking back at Pokemon, the Gen 4 - 6 artwork seemed like a nice middle ground.

Attached: Sinnoh.jpg (684x384, 59.67K)

>source material vs adaptation
not an anime comparison retard

>his brain doesn't automatically correct the shading
you probably complain that books don't have good enough pictures

>2 variants of picture with drinking girls are the same but with less clohes
I doubt it's anime on the right

Also, designs on the right are just worse

should stylized stills be compared to animation?

You could copy those characters and paste them into almost anything from the past 10 years and they wouldn't look out of place.
These artists are homogenized and replaceable.

Attached: 1628604997928.png (1280x720, 705.11K)

The reason why japanese animators and illustrators freak the fuck out online about shit like tracing any parts of artwork to such an exaggerated degree is because they all know they make the same moe shit and they all have the same skills. None of them really stand out beyond how quickly they finish their work and meet job deadlines.

to trick fujos.

Attached: father.png (1280x720, 870.34K)

Half of these are PC-98 games, you nonce. Not anime. Still cool but

Attached: 22964381_p0.jpg (400x400, 69.64K)

Of course they're not, they've never watched an anime from before 2000.

Non-Jinchuuriki shouldn't have them. Naruto shouldn't even have them anymore

>cherrypicking

I know the one on the left is a game, but I miss anime girls actually having noses.

>Yu-Gi-Oh
Who cares, worthless since Z*xal
>Pokémon
I was going to say something about how Pokémon was the worst offender here because Ash should be in his 40s or something, but as far as Pokémon biology goes it makes perfect sense for him to stay the same physical age so long as he doesn't evolve. And as far as Nu-Pokémon goes, better soft than soulless.
>Naruto
Boruto is meant to resemble Hinata but they also imbued him with some of her femininity.
That and Boruto is a baby boomer who doesn't know the horrors of war.

Attached: 1616897427826.jpg (2859x1080, 1.6M)