Hey Gundam scientists, here's an idea!

Instead of making a fuckhuge robot with a giant ass hitbox, lets just stick beam weapons onto actual space ships that are much smaller and harder to hit, not to mention more maneuverable, and just stick to using tanks on planets.

Attached: gundamfail.gif (407x300, 2.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FWMvtReA4Ws
gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Gundanium_Alloy
gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Luna_Titanium_Alloy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But then they wont be able to sell toys
To answer your question though, in universe their nuclear fusion reactors generate a bunch of particles which cause beams weapons to disperse and be ineffective beyond a certain range so mobile suits were developed to get weapons in close. Yes, it would be easier to have jets instead of mechs or maybe even kinetic projectiles but they got to sell toys

No.

Attached: smolmech.jpg (1354x762, 79.43K)

Feddies win again

Attached: file.png (369x428, 121.15K)

Just make a gun you can control remotely.
Oh wait, that ruined combat in the franchise permanently.

WHEN THE BIG ZAM IS MASS PRODUCED......

Attached: big zam.jpg (850x1234, 143.96K)

That's basically what mobile armors are, more or less just weapon systems with thrusters and they were consistently the most powerful machines in the series.

>smaller = better

Except on ground combat where they got wrecked by tanks.

And for some reason all their space ships are literal immobile barges instead of being fast zippy manned funnels that would assrape mobile suits in space.

Yes, mechs are stupid if you think about it, but they look cool

But if we don't use humanoid robots, how will we make outrageously racist caricatures for our Annual "Who gets to rule outer space" tournaments?

Attached: zebragundam.png (1366x768, 1.09M)

I like racist caricatures.
One of my favorite characters in anime/mana is one of them

Attached: file.png (279x443, 138.72K)

“What are Minovsky particles?” You motherfucker.

>Except on ground combat where they got wrecked by tanks.
Source please.

If you actually watch any gundam you'll know that's been done before in every series. Pleb.

From Zeta onwards there's a lot of mobile armors that can transform between humanoid and sort of jet-like shapes to be more useful at different times. If you actually watched Gundam too you would know that at least in the first series there were tank-like vehicles. I don't remember if they existed much in later entries though. The core fighters, which are jets, also played a large part in 0079 and were made to be used with the Gundam.

I don't understand the obsession with shitting on mechs.

You obviously didn't see Gato delete an entire fleet with a nuke

wrong, mechas are the most maneuverable possible vehicle.

>zebras are racist

>I don't understand the obsession with shitting on mechs.
I believe it's sort of a /k/ meme at this point

A realist, hard-sf JPL engineer and US Navy technical advisor was teaching a class on Intro to Mechatronics, with a prerequisites of Physics 201 and Math 151.

"Before the class begins, you must recite Ke = (1/2) m v^2 and accept that the M4 Sherman Tank was the best combat vehicle ever designed, even greater than the Turn X!"

At this moment, a brave, newtype contolist ace pilot who had served at A Baoa Qu and UNDERSTOOD peace stood up and pointed out the window.

"How is the Earth piloted?"

The arrogant professor turned his head (with minimal energy expenditure for in-atmosphere maneuvering) and smugly replied "It follows Kepler's equation, you stupid weeb."

"Wrong. It’s controlled by the hot blood and fighting spirit of everyone on it. If it were weighed down by gravity, and the square-cube law were real, as you say... it should have fallen over and snapped in half by now." The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Fundamentals of Astrodynamics. He stormed out of the room crying those fake, tank-lover tears. The students applauded and used the rest of lecture to rewatch Giant Robo. An elven space princess arrived through a warp funnel and told everyone that the black hole which would have swallowed the galaxy in 12,000 years had been destroyed. The pilot's armor transformed into a robot with 200x the mass, and his hot-blooded yells broke the microphone.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. His space suit was hit by a meteor, and the depressurization caused him to instantly explode.

You will see the tears of time.

Attached: GundamCharSpeaking.jpg (960x720, 240.91K)

To say nothing of them losing to a single INFANTRY WITH A ROCKET LAUNCHER.

Attached: zaku-tanks.gif (252x194, 3.64M)

I cant believe one of the earliest MS can get destroyed by tanks! It'd be pretty crazy if they made any newer MSs that can not only withstand tanks but also wield shields that can eat a beam huh

Attached: artworks-000028546019-p8rvf3-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 44.12K)

Regular tanks move at a snail's pace. They are useless unless hidden inside other machines blind spot. Even drones cuck them hard.

TOOK like 15 of them to barely take out a single MS. By surprise no less. Sad.

How convenient that they stopped making more advanced tanks around the time that mobile suits came out, instead of making high tech tanks.

>Snail's pace
>still far faster than the non-super prototype flying mechs

Tanks can actually use cover and the environment to be unseen unlike mobile suits that need a literal skyscraper for cover; saying they have to be hidden when that's one of the big benefits of tanks is that they COULD be hidden is insane.

They just need to add funnels on everything, funnels on ships, funnels on zakus, funnels on humans

>funnels on humans
I forget, didn't they basically do that with powered armor at one point?

>funnels on humans
>titsfunnels go
I bet those are installed on breast.

None can convince me we didn't grow up with peak children's entertainment. Neo Holland was a fucking windmill.

>How convenient that they stopped making more advanced tanks around the time that mobile suits came out, instead of making high tech tanks.
They didn't. They also started using other shapes too.

"Tanks can actually use cover and the environment to be unseen unlike mobile suits that need a literal skyscraper for cover; saying they have to be hidden when that's one of the big benefits of tanks is that they COULD be hidden is insane."
Not great when any other machine could just fly over or around or just blow the cover to bits not to mention how long it takes for said tanks to even move under cover in time.

>still far faster than the non-super prototype flying mechs
Not true in the slightest. A jet or any flying animal shaped machine would be a better fit.

that's what they did, and then they added some legs for extra flexibility

MSs can lose limbs without significant degradation so the hit profile is a moot point

>jets instead of mechs or maybe even kinetic projectiles
They do have these, but jets don't work in space and kinetic projectiles are less powerful than beams. Mobile Suits actually are the most useful general purpose weapon in the setting.

didn't it used to be a major plotpoint that mobile suits were shit in atmosphere but they just made do with them purely because the majority of the fighting was done in space?

The issue is that laser weapons are like batteries are for smaetphones right now, they need to be of a certain size to be effective and a big ass flying machine os barely any different from any mecha.

Retards.

Yeah I think there was one episode when Kamille or Amuro, I can't remember, fought like shit in space cause they were launched without calibration. And on Earth they had to use the core fighters cause the gundams weren't as agile on earth or something

Yeah, this is common when they use a more "real" robot style (like in the 8th MS team where their vehicles handle like the sluggish giant ass vehicles you'd expect them to handle.

But the series tends to go super robot series HARD and just throw all physics out the window so Machines are flash stepping around like its a naruto episode even on earth because that sells better with 8 year olds who buy merch.

>funnels
Those needs Newtypes. Even Cyber ones are rare enough

>t. zamlet

>lasers
>calling beam weapons "Lasers"
tell me you've never watched gundam without telling me you've never watched gundam. A beam is a laser as much as mayonaise is a milkshake because they're both a white liquid.

You gotta wonder how things really WOULD have gone if they'd mass produced those things.
I mean, they didn't exactly churn them out later, they skipped to "more advanced" mobile suits, so you gotta think the big Zam was actually a shit robot that cost way too much or had too many design flaws that could be exploited if the enemy actually knew how to fight it.

Javelin claims another, rest in peppers green man.

Nice guntank, shame if something were to happen to it.

Attached: file.png (474x659, 474.05K)

The 8th team used the absolute most fucktarded tactics in that scene, its like they WANTED their assets to get killed.

>completely fucking useless in the hands of OZ
>OP as fuck when used by the wing boys
ENTER

Attached: 1648191890939.jpg (834x1112, 470.56K)

>How convenient that they stopped making more advanced tanks around the time that mobile suits came out, instead of making high tech tanks.
I'd say it's very inconvenient because imagine how much more a MS costs compared to a tank. But what's the alternative? A single MS does a fly-by at mach speed and deletes your entire armored infantry and there's nothing you can do about it? Go watch 92 and you'll see that despite tanks being able to pierce MS armor they have no place in the battlefield anymore. An MS can play the part of a tank division, plane formation and infantry all at once.

The reason we don't do giant robots or mega armored vehicles is that for one the cost is absurd and for two it's not cost efficient as there is nothing a super armored tank can do that 2 or more lighter ones can't. Also physics

Attached: 1620174049782.png (680x533, 287.47K)

Zeon's wunderwaffen like the Big Zam, Zeong, etc - my guess is that they were a combination of too expensive and the fall of Zeon made it impossible to produce any more. Wunderwaffen weren't even isolated to Zeon either, as companies were constantly producing prototypes for all sides along with the mass produced units.

>Physics in a giant robot series

Gundam is my favorite series.

>that chest
KEK

Mobile suites were originally giant robots to work on the colonies. Zeon figured out how to make them into weapons and turns out that they were really effective.

I used to be a fan of mecha and mini mecha. I then became disenfranchised with the whole concept and even Space Opera as a whole. We are never going to get this...and I thank God for that.

Attached: TOM1.jpg (2000x1587, 370.85K)

8th MS Team came close

I'm aware. I have a HG Bagu on my shelf at home.

>8th MS Team came close
I think after the original Gundam, Tomino and crew rethought the way that MS should behave on land. No more kicks, picking up Zakus and throwing them, etc. A big focus on space fights and keeping the robots in zero gravity where they can maneuver more freely.

>Instead of making a fuckhuge robot with a giant ass hitbox, lets just stick beam weapons onto actual space ships that are much smaller and harder to hit, not to mention more maneuverable, and just stick to using tanks on planets.

Ships can't use Melee weapons retard and with the dense particle field good luck getting shots to land.

Annoying burger asswipes who have hate boner because the west can't design mechs.

People also seem to forget that in Gundam they were built to fight in space

Based pasta

Retarded tank fag

I fucking loooooooooove Mini Mecha and plan to build one myself. Regular Mechas/ Super Robots are fun to watch but there's no reason for them to be that large IRL save for cool factor

Attached: 1648427678058.jpg (620x413, 136.87K)

You say that like a tank wouldn't also be destroyed by that barrage.

We will never be able to get this user. But best of luck.

Attached: SA15.jpg (2000x841, 268.16K)

>also wield shields that can eat a beam huh
I know this isn't an original point, but why don't they make the gundams from the same material as the shields that eat beams like they are nothing?

An African built gundam would be more like this
youtube.com/watch?v=FWMvtReA4Ws

It is. Shields aren't that resilient. They get destroyed pretty quickly.
gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Gundanium_Alloy

I think it's more so a matter of scope of warfare in the Gundam universe. They had already established that ground piloting was a completely different animal compared to space, so much so that people like Gouf (afaik) were legendary for pulling off complete horseshit in actual gravity, which nobody has really been trained for. But the majority of engagements aren't really going to be happening on colonies or Earth, as that would be when one side pretty much lost the conflict and is on its last stand, but rather it's going to happen in space as fleets cross each other's paths and whatnot. In space, especially with magic infinite fuel, you can get away with some fucking bullshit, so for the most part UC Gundam dips into both sluggish robot combat when in land and super robot fights when in space.

At least that's how I see it, and it's why there's such a discrepancy in fights

The Leo is an amazing MS. Super versatile too.

My bad, linked the wrong one. This is what they use.
gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Luna_Titanium_Alloy

What user said It's not that the shields can tank beams like it's nothing, they can take one and then you throw them out. That is already insane by itself, and I'd even venture to say that just carrying a shield instead of making your whole MS out of gundanium is a massive advantage when you think of the cost of production

I'll do my best, if not me than some body else will perfect it all across the world people are racing towards this dream

Attached: 1649041537294.png (914x589, 893.88K)

Zulu gundam was cool.

This is the closest any african nation has to a mech, shame later on they ruined the design

Attached: congo bot.jpg (7019x4685, 1.15M)

Still makes no sense than Germany had a ninja for a gundam instead of Japan having a ninja gundam.

There are so many German military stereotypes you could use for a german gundam.

You got awhile. Always thought mini mecha was the ideal size for Gundams anyhow.

Attached: TOM30.jpg (2000x1320, 462.58K)

I'm curious, did anyone else enjoy Iron-Blooded Orphans precisely because the Gundam power levels were turned way down to something akin to actual military equipment? It just creates much more tension in space battles when nobody has insane plot armor that makes them demi-gods.

>nobody has insane plot armor
This is bait but I kinda feel like biting? One of my biggest complaints about IBO was that the protagonists weren't really allowed to lose an overall mecha battle due to enemy mecha. Whenever they had to lose the dainsleifs came out and railroaded everything.
I bring this up because while I liked the lower power scaling of everything the dainsleifs threw a wrench in that. Everyone was pretty much always going to be okay unless the dainsleifs came out.