JoJolion

JoJolion defenders, explain why Go Beyond was a good idea and not a terrible asspull.

Attached: Go Beyond.png (932x932, 952.6K)

I dunno if it was a good idea but it definitely was not an asspull. Rai said the bubbles were actually spinning lines during the urban guerilla fight and unless you skipped part 7 you already knew that the spin is broken.

The idea of a miracle overcoming a curse is not bad in of itself, just handled poorly. JJL clearly had issues by the end and had to rush through its ending. Remember when Rai said Go Beyond can cure Holly and Josuke didn't even try?

I can't, let's talk about how good the part was before Vitamin C instead

I really like Gappy as the protagonist. I hope he appears in part 9.

It wasn't that great either. Kei does nothing after her fight and explanation of the wall eyes, Norisuke's plot to keep Josuke from getting his memories back never shows up again, flash back man was retconned shortly after his introduction, the bookshop marking at the home meaning nothing, Josuke abandoning his plundering ability. A lot better than the second half for sure but not some masterpiece some claim it was.

A part can still be really good despite a shit climax.
Golden Kamuy sped through and booked down most of their cast for the ending with a little bit of pottery but doesn't take away that it's a 8 to 9/10 manga.
Jojolion is amazing up to Vitamin C and was great up untill end of Dr. Wu with a flop of an ending. The tonal shift in the halfway point of a part feels normal for Araki, I always felt part 5 had a hard change halfway or so into it. Part 4 and 6 have it for obvious reasons.

How did Rai know about the Spin?
What does the Spin has to do with Josuke/JoJolion's story?
Why did he take so long to explain to Josuke that his bubbles were spinning strings that could overcome Calamity? Many deaths could have been avoided.
How does he talk to Josuke after his death?

>Rai said the bubbles were actually spinning lines
he was saying that for months, lol

He was working with nature a lot so he eventually sees the golden ratio. I also believed a big reveal was that he would be a Zeppeli descendant. Something about his hair in that funeral flashback reminded me of Gyro's dad.

Nothing really, other than Araki tying it to the previous part more. Plus spin is Bullshit Asspull: the power so is needed to overcome a calamity.

Bad writing

Same way Joseph talks to Jotaro, its just a weird thing in JoJo.

>He was working with nature a lot so he eventually sees the golden ratio.
Where was this explained in the manga?
>Same way Joseph talks to Jotaro, its just a weird thing in JoJo.
Joseph talked as a spirit.
Where was Rai's spirit?

>Where was Rai's spirit?
In our hearts

It's stupid but I like it and if it's not technically an asspull it feels like one. But I don't care obviously.

>Remember when Rai said Go Beyond can cure Holly and Josuke didn't even try?
He probably did it offscreen, which is even worse. It really feels like Araki was rushed into finishing it early. Even one or two more chapters to tie up loose ends would have improved the part immensely.

>It really feels like Araki was rushed into finishing it early.
Yet he wasted two chapters on a pointless flashback.

It was good but Wonder U stand made me sleep really hard.

This character should be forgotten.
Part 9 doesn't need to drag JoJolion's mistakes.

Attached: Josuke.png (268x246, 131.82K)

>part 9 is mentioned in this months issue
We fucking won jojochads

Source?

Go Beyond isn't the miracle. The miracle is that Yasuho and Josuke working together through the phone bridged the gap from Josuke to Tooru. That's why the alternate name of the arc is "The miracle of your love."

I hope you don't seriously believe in that "miracle" bullshit.
And there's no way Araki had this already planned when he began the arc.

I keep trying to come up with excuses for how the end of Jojolion was handled but all I can say is I think it could've been done better. But I don't dislike it anymore. Its very flawed but still very interesting.
I love Wonder of U. It has a fantastic design and I enjoy the idea of a character who is basically guarded by Providence itself to be unable to be stopped, yet Josuke continues to throw himself at it for the sake of his goal.
I think the biggest mistake of the whole manga is how Jobin dies. I'm NOT saying he needed to be a bigger villain than WoU, but his death didn't feel earned. The Head Doctor being under his bedsheet was fucking nonsense. I genuinely don't understand what Araki was thinking.
Re-reading chapter 95, where Norisuke confronts Jobin, and it's a fucking masterpiece. So much tension, emotion and drama. The chapter feels so important and pivotal to the course of the story. But none of it really matters when things become absolute nonsense in 96 as seen in pic related.
I suppose Araki comes back to this idea with the Head Doctor living independently from Tooru, but it's still so strange. There's even a point made in 96 and earlier that Jobin never actually sees the Head Doctor. He's always a moment late in looking where Mitsuba sees it. But he dies to a fatal calamity from attacking the bedsheet.
Once Jobin dies, his wife and Tsurugi and everyone else in the house stop mattering, except Joshu, who becomes a literal walking rape joke during the climax of the manga. It's like Jobin was holding all the characters and plot threads together, and when he dies, 95% of it disintegrates with him.

Attached: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 - JoJolion (Official Colored) - Vol.24 Ch.96 - Just Don't Move - 40.png (900x1400, 1.9M)

It was hinted at since the beginning, no it's not an asspull, you're just upset because Tooru is the main antagonist and not Jobin

What's also absolutely crazy is that when the pot first gets revealed again, we see that four fruits have grown. Two have fallen off, and while it's true that Jobin makes a big deal about waiting to sunset for them to be fully ripened, in reality Yasuho consumes one of them like 8 minutes after this series of events. And considering the tree sap was enough to conduct an exchange, these should ABSOLUTELY be viable New Rokakakas based on everything else that happens from this point forward. Yet they're forgotten about. This has to be as conclusive an "Araki forgot" moment as it gets. Right here on this page is a fruit to save Holly.

Attached: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 - JoJolion (Official Colored) - Vol.23 Ch.94 - The Wonder of You (The Miracle of Your Love), Part 11 - 35.png (900x1400, 1.8M)

>It was hinted at since the beginning, no it's not an asspull
The spinning bubbles were hinted. The idea of them being able to go beyond the logic and reason of Calamity came out of nowhere.

>you're just upset because Tooru is the main antagonist and not Jobin
I wouldn't be upset if this was the only issue with JoJolion.

Jojobros, this universe is shit. When we are going back to Josuke/Giorno universe kino???

WHY DID IT MATTER THAT TOORU WAS A ROCK HUMAN?
Why did Rock Humans need to exist except for Araki to get to do a bizarre reveal in the Yotsuya fight that would have cascading consequences for the rest of the manga?
It's not like you need to be a parasite person to greedily covet the new rokakaka, fuckin Jobin exists already not to mention Ojiro.

Holly doesn't have a curse. She was administered d the rokakaka by rock humans and its sideffects replicates the symptoms of the Higashikata illness, that's it

The manga is not specific enough about what happened to make this conclusion. The Higashikata illness manifested in very different ways between Jobin and Tsurugi.

If that stupid whore Yasuho didn't run her fat lipped mouth, Tooru would've just actually called for a fucking ambulance and came to pick her up.

The fact that every Jojo part is self contained doesn't make it an iron rule. Uo until part 7 it was self contained, part 8 instead connects directly to part 9. Jojo is still one manga, if Holly's plotline is resolved at volume 15 of Jojoland instead of volume 27 of Jojolion, I don't see the problem.
Take the ace attorney series. Every game has its own self contained story with only few connections from game to game.
Great Ace Attorney 1 instead ends with many unresolved plot elements who were resolved in the sequel.

It's plain written that Holly was administered the rokakaka and doesn't have a curse (the chapter where Josuke drink the rokakaka 6251).
The fact her symptoms are similar to the curse is seen when Josuke listen to Johnny's legend after the shakedown road arc

>The fact her symptoms are similar to the curse is seen when Josuke listen to Johnny's legend after the shakedown road arc
Dude Araki completely rewrote Holly after that. That shit doesn't matter.

Actually it makes sense, also because Yoshikage never had the disease. The fact that Holly hadn't a curse but someone experimented on her was hinted already in the first volumes

I'm not talking about the literal disease the Higashikatas had, I'm saying that the idea that Holly's illness was supposed to replicate the Higashikata disease is pure speculation and not supported by the plot

Part 9 resolving Part 8's plotlines wouldn't feel natural at all.
They were usually resolved within their own Parts for a reason. When JoJolion suddenly breaks this "rule", it's fair to think Araki did a fuck up with the story.
As Part 9 will probably be the last, it would be a shame to waste some chapters because of past mistakes.

Josuke notices Rina symptoms were similar to Holly 's.

Urban Guerilla briefly mentioned that their goal was to rise above the human species. This was never elaborated on, as Tooru only talked about making money with the fruit.

What a disaster

Attached: EsInKAsWMAEZvHI.png (508x499, 62.68K)

Why even call it ''Go Beyond''? It doesn't fit any naming convention, it would be like Soft and Wet ''Evolved''.
I can't even say it's something Araki came up with on the spot because he comes up with a lot of shit on the fly but still makes them look cool and sound good, but not this.

>explain why Go Beyond was a good idea and not a terrible asspull
Was Jojolion your first JoJo part or something? This is asspull: the manga. Has been since 1987. Literally the entire fun of the manga is seeing how our protagonists will get out of impossible situations with ridiculously unpredictable asspulls.

>The idea of them being able to go beyond the logic and reason of Calamity came out of nowhere.
To be fair the Spin was shown to be miraculous in and of itself and also go through other miraculous abilities before this. If Johnny could use horse legs and fingernails to beat a guy blessed by Jesus Christ, Jousuke beating bad luck doesn't seem too far fetched from that.

Actually Tooru, aside from money, also talks about the balance in power that will change thanks to the new rokakaka, but speedreaders are speedreaders

And Tooru mentioned wanting to be remembered as someone who did great things. He thought the fruits would be his fast track towards this. All of the rock humans had a different end goal for the rokokaka, which makes sense when you read the biographical stuff Araki wrote for them - they typically never work in groups because they're all self-centered, and even when they do it's just a collective of people who happen to be working towards the same goal for different reasons.

Holy cope, he says that in the same breath as he speculates that the likes of Bill Gates will buy them. It's clear in the context that he's talking about rokakaka as a revolutionary medical product, not as something for rock humans to use to rule the world or whatever.

Attached: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 - JoJolion (Official Colored) - Vol.25 Ch.102 - The Wonder of You (The Miracle of Your Love), Part 19 - 17.jpg (1773x1400, 3.37M)

>To be fair the Spin was shown to be miraculous in and of itself and also go through other miraculous abilities before this.
Then why didn't everybody predict the resolution of this fight, if Josuke's spinning bubbles were obviously "miraculous" since the beginning?

Only Morioh in this universe is shit so far

JoJo has asspulls but they're intentional hidden from readers and they're consistent with the powers and abilities of the cast, usuallly. Go Beyond is dull and boring, Josuke had the ultimate power all along but didn't know how to use it. This is worse in a series that often does away with shounen tropes of power ups and digging deep to overcome a foe during battle. Instead it focuses on hard limits to powers and puzzle fights, chess moves of planning ahead. Its why I dislike spin, its just bullshit power than can do whatever Araki wants or needs it to do in the moment.

SBR Morioh >>> PB Morioh by miles.

SBR Morioh is boring. Both have bizarre elements to them but new ones are lame. Plus the people of SBR Morioh are all so robotic and lacking

Holy analphabetism, he talks about power and he is a rock human. 2+2=5

If you read part 7 you know that the spin is overpowered as fuck

the stone ocean ending ruined the series

Araki cannot be trusted to write jojob anymor

Before the "invisible bubbles that goes beyond logic" were revealed, we had no idea that the Spin would reappear in this Part.
JoJolion originally had nothing to do with this concept. That's why I said this outcome came out of nowhere.

Irene will return in Jojolands

I hate Morioh like you wouldn‘t believe

Stone Ocean ending was the best thing to happen to this series, it gave us Steel Ball Run the best JoJo part

2/2
And even if you think that the Spin was properly hinted, it doesn't make the resolution of the fight any better, because it's basically a rehash of Part 7's last fight.
"Spin beats the main villain's ability because it's very strong"
In any case, it's not well written.