Why was this shit so boring?

Why was this shit so boring?

Attached: 71tJ6dPGiuL._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 235.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VsP6EIIcaLY
youtube.com/watch?v=1k0rtYPVrEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

One of the first bad guys super awesome and amazing superpower was the ability to trip people. That should have told you all you needed to know about the series.

WHR and other run-of-the-mill Sunrise originals of that era were merely test sites for Code Geass.
This is your brain on anime.

the 2000s had a handful of these weird anime that were super moody, slow and looked like shit because of digital. they all aged really poorly and i dunno why people romanticize them, probably nostalgia.

I don't remember that just all the fucking scenes with them drinking coffee

i just remember her character design because look at it. it's a white woman culturally appropriating asian culture, which is stupid, AND it's ugly

Zoomers are mistake
Can not appreciate classics

>classic

I really wasn't a fan of them at the time. It feels like anime eventually changed to suit my ADHD tastes more which is nice for me but not so nice for people who like variety.

checked but this show is trash
i watched it on toonami back in the day

I remember when it first aired at 12:30 EST

This show was on the anime block that got me into the medium when I was 12-13.
It would come on after Inuyasha and put me to sleep within 2 minutes.
Which gives it a weird mystique.

2010 was 40 years ago

I remember Adult Swim had an April fools thing where they put sombreros and mustaches on the characters and on a crow, too, I think. I thought it was the funniest thing.

it just was. I was a retard who bought the first dvd because I thought the title sounded cool and for some reason I thought the mc looked cute (how retarded was I?) and I dropped it after one episode

oh yeah
holy shit that was forever ago. i wanna go back

Unironically the style of the time. I'm glad these slow paced, washed out, dark colored, dull series more or less died out with Darker Than Black because they all sucked.

Digits are wasted on u boomer bro

God tier OP and ED though.
youtube.com/watch?v=VsP6EIIcaLY
youtube.com/watch?v=1k0rtYPVrEA

Bionix on YTV?

Exactly.

Show was fucking boring as hell to the point where that and magic cancelation thing interrupting a witch's spell close range where the guy's clothes all go flying backwards then snap back to calmly at his sides are about it. I think it tried too hard to be artsy.

Dunno I had to go to bed before it aired. Same exact shit with .Hack//Sign

2deep4u

Can't argue with trips. FUCK zoomies

I don't even recall the plot of this thing at all. Why did any of these people have powers?

Not enough pointless fight scenes and fanservice to keep your attention I assume

It's partially nostalgia, but I still think that was a pretty good time for anime.
We got a lot of weird and cool shows out of it.
And a lot of them aged a lot better than you give them credit for.
Like FMA 03 and Last Exile.
E7 in particular still looks amazing.
The only downside is the weird bloom effect you see on some of those older anime. Last Exile is a good example of that, though it's not the most offensive case.

Attached: Eureka Seven Episode 1.jpg (4000x3000, 1.06M)

there was a goth girl in high school that I had a crush on and sorta looked like her so I would watch this show for that reason

A FUCKING leaf

>Coming up tonight on Bionix

Attached: hqdefault 1.jpg (480x360, 15.44K)

She did look cute for the most part in actual animation.

The plot kind of fell apart in the second half so nothing really got answered.

last exile didn't age well at all. it like many gonzo anime fell victim to that awful cgi because they thought they were being cute and cutting edge.

Want boring? Watch Noir.

I did.
It was great.

Attached: [Tsundere] Noir - 19 [BDRip h264 1280x720 10bit FLAC][5F9DCB76].mkv_snapshot_20.39_[2022.04.04_18.08.48].jpg (1280x720, 455.66K)

Early 2000s they were still trying to figure out how best to do digital.
If you look at 1999-2003 everything looks like they just did digital paint and copied the colours from scanned cels with their old paints on them.
2003-2006 Early digital effects, with usually bad looks to them because of how primative they are, such as blooms, darkened corners, CG vehicles and robots, scanlines
2006-2010 was switch to HD and competent animation styles emerging to take advantage of digital animation
2010-2015 caused many more abstract or digital only styles to emerge such as what you see in Ping Pong, girls und panzer, Mr. Osomatsu
2016-2020 saw better tools allow artists to recreate some effects of much older traditional animation styles much better, such as the line work in Attack on Titan Final Season, and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

I've been watching it recently, the CG is pretty rough, but I think for the time and compared to even a lot of stuff now it isn't the worst.
I think it works in some shots, but can be jarring in others.

I ended up rewatching FMA, Last Exile, Wolf's Rain, Boogiepop Phantom, Gunslinger Girl and Gungrave in the past couple of weeks since I haven't really watched these in a long time, all of them hold up surprisingly well.

The story sucks and the characters are uninteresting but I liked it anyway. No nostalgia, I only discovered it a few years ago. The comparison with .hack//sign is exactly right, it's packed with low energy conversation and the plot is stretched thin to fit two cours; you need to be enjoying it for the atmosphere primarily before you can start caring about any of it.

Yeah from what I remember they hunt witches, which is never explained exactly why. Nor how they have powers. Robin is an exception for some reason??? Then there's a prophecy and the agency hunting witches turns on Robin cause she is the SUPER WITCH and for that reason alone.. despite her being loyal?

And then she just sort of gets away?

I honestly don't remember fuck all about this show except I like the way the fire power worked and was portrayed.

digital effects were being experimented with way earlier than 2003.
I remember seeing them in Escaflowne, Turn A Gundam, and Infinite Ryvius.
GitS and Noiseman used them too iirc.

I mean things like shaders, not 3DCG.

It's so weird how many shows in that era did the super slow burn direction style. Tons of lingering shots and only a handful of climaxes in a season.
And now we kinda seem to have the complete opposite.
Most shows will try to end on a wild cliffhanger every episode like a soap opera and have tons of things going on.

you can thank chode gayass for that

I'm not familliar with the use of "shaders" in this context, what is the difference?

Post more shitty 00's anime that don't deserve to be nostalgia'd over.

Attached: 70202752.jpg (426x607, 73.42K)

You know in the back of my mind I was thinking that. I forget how big geass was back in the day.
But I don't think Geass is solely responsible.
I think another possible culprit is the rise in manga adaptations. Manga have used that kind of cliffhanger hook way longer than anime has.

I have wildly strong - but meaningless memories of this series. I was around 10-13 I'd imagine and on a family trip to california. Because california was 2 hours earlier than my timezone in texas I got to see this come on around 9pm.

I must have seen something vaguely sexual because it instantly enthralled me and all i cared about was trying to sneak and watch this show without my parents knowing. I doubt I ever saw more than 10-20 minutes of the show but it's such an important memory.

It's the only show I've ever watched, anime or not, where I saw the first episode and the last episode and missed nothing.

This looks vaguely familiar

What are the good turn of the century slowburn shows?

I don't know one who wever talks about WHR or that

It was kinda like watching an edgy modern-day version of Mushishi. Nothing much happens but the setting and characters was just entertaining enough to keep me from dropping it.

The only thing other thing I can really remember is hoping Robin would succeed in hooking up with the dark brooding dude whose name I can't remember.

Attached: ttgl.png (600x852, 920.16K)

Gungrave was pure kino

Isn't the games story the canon story?

Turn A Gundam is a favorite of mine.
It's like a Victorian Pastoral fiction period piece with streamline moderne/art deco retrofuturism creeping into setting through the sci-fi and industrial elements.
Or for the layman it's like a 50 episode Ghibli style iyahiskei Gundam series set in the "1920s".

Attached: yande.re 499961 sample dianna_soriel dress guin_sard_rhineford gundam kihel_heim loran_cehack mecha sochie_heim turn_a_gundam umbrella yasuda_akira.jpg (1053x1500, 380.32K)

Maybe, I never played the games, just heard they were kinda meh but had good stories

I just finished this a few weeks ago. The soundtrack is one of the best I've ever heard. Been listening to it nonstop since

What the hell? This show is so goddamn memorable. It was part of that weird Bee Train yuri gun thing they were doing back in the day. This, Noir and Madlax all stick out in my head.

El Cazador was pretty great, it starts out as a western but then you get all sorts of weird worldbuilding, psychic powers, odd side characters and strange plot digressions. I really enjoyed it and definitely remember it fondly.

Tokyo Majin Gakuen

It's one of my favorite soundtracks as well.
The song "Moon" is one of my favorite songs of all time and arguably Yoko Kano's magnum opus.
The scenes it plays in during the first and final episodes were elevated so much by that song. Just so much raw emotion I can't even do justice with my words.

Based quads

honestly yeah