"Believe it" or "ya know?" Which is the patrician translation?

"Believe it" or "ya know?" Which is the patrician translation?

Attached: 0f2dfe9d92cb2366688dd7cf16aaef4743cc4318_hq.jpg (498x449, 50.17K)

Kumalski

I like believe it because it's a unique catchphrase in english too

Kill yoursef

There was some obscure translation that just translated it to "Bet"
It's always been the one true translation for me even though it's completely off

How are some typical shonen protagonists so fucking annoying(Naruto, Asta) while other seemingly similar characters aren't?(Gon, Luffy)

Personal preference. I find them all annoying.

I'd actually watch Naruto if he said "Kill yourself" at the end of every sentence.

Best translations if it include "Swag", "Yeah", and "No Cap"
"Bet" is pretty decent too

>Sasuke! I'm going to bring you back! Kill yourself!
>I'm going to become the Hokage! Kill yourself!
>Hinata, I love you. Kill yourself.
It still works!

Its a shit translation. "muhfugga!" would have been more accurate.

Just don't translate it, having him say that shit every fucking time is already enough torture, I don't need to read it too

Delete it

>Sasuke, Orochimaru is low key finna kill you no cap

Attached: ngl.jpg (579x976, 91.34K)

that's way it should be kept as "dattebayo" since there's no equivalent to it in English

improved

You mean "believe it" was a mistranslation?

>"Swag"
That actually kind of works.

There's no such thing as mistranslations. All translating is opinion based and there are no exact meanings for any expression that 100% of linguists will agree on.

De veras!

"Believe it" is more iconic but "ya know?" actually feels like a verbal tic someone would have

not true

Habeeb it!

HABEEB IT

Habeebmind

TWINKIE HOUSE

for me, it's YEEAAH BRUTHEER

Believe it.

de veras

There's one context where translations have exact "right" answers which is constructed / artificial languages like Esperanto.
Notice though that every constructed language ever attempted has been a complete failure. Languages people actually adopt and use for real world purposes on a regular basis naturally evolve and aren't planned or defined in advance. Any meanings you think are "right" were worked out after the fact based on opinions and speculation. Some opinions are easier to defend than others e.g. bacon and eggs are a good combination, while other opinions like mayo on french fries are more likely to invite dissent. But they're still opinions because nobody sat down and created an official list of every word and its one true translation in every language in existence. If someone did do that then those languages would be dead toy linguistic experiments like Esperanto.

>...Is what I say!
or
>...I'm telling you!
HULK HOGAN
ホガン・フーク

There is no patrician choice because Naruto as an entire series is complete shit.

It's a mandatory mistranslation since it literally mean nothing. It's a made-up way of punctuating sentences, which is something you *can* do in jap-speak if you really intend to set yourself apart from other people - although unless you get a nat20 on your charisma roll you will only look like a retarded braggart.
Translators are basically fucked with shit like this: whatever they replace it with will look retarded and simply removing it is on the same level than changing how polite/educated/fancy a character speak.

Personally I would have just used a basic interjection like "Yeah".
It's enough to make the reader understand that he has a weird speech habit and that he kinda sound like a moron.

Believe it is an actual catchphrase, ya know is like a verbal tic

IF YOU BELIEVE IT

sasookay, he's really cool

That's one that's actually a feasible tic

The secret is that they're all fucking annoying

No cap. Fr fr.

“dattebayo” is a sentence ender just like “desu” or “wa” which is something exclusive to japanese. usually used to emphasize sentences or express yourself in different ways, it can’t be literally translated so “believe it” is a localization.

English doesn't have that yo?

I used to hate "believe it" but on rewatch it grew on me and "ya know" or "gutsy" was even more annoying.

How about "Buh-Lee Dat!"?

Make him Canadian and translate it as "eh?"

Bully that.
I can dig it.

It's actually a VERY good translation, because most of the other suggestions I've seen don't capture how in-your-face it sounds.

Should have been "bad-bing-boom"

Autocorrect can suck a turd.
You know what I meant.

I have no idea what you meatn.

Is “believe it” a dub thing? I’ve never seen anything other than “ya know” in subs.

"Believe it" was from early on in the dub. They changed it to "ya know" sometime around konoha crush.

I understood it
Bada Bing Bada-Boom
I always liked
Capisce more

Thanks for the laugh.

"Mother-fucker"

"Even I can't believe it....."

DE VERAS

The brazillian one,he says "i'm right" at the end of every sentence and is unironically very fitting in some talk no jutsu moments.

Yes, 100% true actually. This is why the term "literal translation" exists as it tries to translate word for word as literally as possible which destroys all meaning of the sentence.

De maravilla, mi estimado.

There's no equivalent to in in Japanese, it's just a string of retarded affirmations a 3 ear old who started talking yesterday would say.

For the kind of character Naruto is, I think Believe it works quite well. It's the kind of thing some orphan kid who gets shunned, who probably been knocked down alot would say. It's just childish enough to make sense but it also works as his catchphrase. Since he can use it in various ways and convey different things.

What I disliked was how they tried to spin it into a verbal tick by having Kushina have her own similar phrase. Like Kushina was so irrelevant to the overall story and yet now you're gonna try and spin his stupid phrase into some deeper connection?