He hasn't watched the original cutie honey anime

>he hasn't watched the original cutie honey anime
Explain yourself.

Attached: d6njpkh-43d53b4b-68bf-441d-8397-8d313965af6a.jpg (500x375, 55.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jCX77Je16fk
youtube.com/watch?v=3fkQlpcMDEw
youtube.com/watch?v=PCLm6UNm2Gs
redirect.invidious.io/watch?v=3fkQlpcMDEw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have.
It was okay.

Not yet but I’ve seen the 1994 ova

it has better animation than 90% of isekai

No one on Yea Forums was born when this premiered. None of Yea Forums's parents were born when this premiered.
Seriously, anyone who saw this on TV probably saw the moon landing.

Why would I watch the anime instead of reading the manga?

The only Honey anime I haven't seen was all of Flash

Why would you not do both?

It improves on the story of the manga and has some trippy 70's visuals, but it's still pretty inconclusive.

Why would I do both?

>robot
sorry i'm only interested in real girls

They're enjoyable.

Queermo.

Cutie Honey is an overrated ecchi with garbage source material, why would I waste my time?
all the adaptations have great OPs and Re: has a great OST. thank god it was only 3 episodes.

Attached: d5c.jpg (625x626, 56.82K)

not even baiting.
if I wanted a watchable adaption of shitty Go Nagai source material I'd put on Crybaby.

>watching 70s toei adaptions
>especially go nagai and adjacent ones

my mom was born in 1961

It's actually good, so naturally Yea Forums won't watch it
youtu.be/jCX77Je16fk

Attached: 1649908665717.jpg (1200x799, 255.87K)

>6.43 on MAL
Yeah no, faggot.

Attached: Elfen_Lied_Bando.jpg (225x226, 30.73K)

>my judgement of an anime is based entirely on an arbitrary score.
Hang yourself zoomer scum.

>old badly produced anime good
Hipster.

u r dooen it wong
youtube.com/watch?v=3fkQlpcMDEw

don't feed the trolls

Look at that action, dummy.
youtube.com/watch?v=PCLm6UNm2Gs

Imagine not giving random anime a chance.
Imagine trying to argue with people whose minds were already made up

I watched the first episode. It was really boring, but Honey's hot, at least.

Urgh, you can use
redirect.invidious.io/watch?v=3fkQlpcMDEw
Some of the servers have been updated with new age restriction bypass, but you have to wait for overloaded proxy to transfer the file.

If you stopped because it was never subbed fully, it was finally completed about a year or two ago.

How young do you think the people here are?

I've watched all of them except Flash cause I heard they turned it into a mahou shoujo for little girls or something. I think the manga is the superior version.

OG anime had the best characters out of all the iterations, but it's episodic and you kinda lose your interest from a point on. Even the animators didn't seem to care towards the end as they were breaking the 4th wall etc.

The 90s OVAs were gorgeous looking and I was kinda digging the cyberpunk Cutey Honey but the story lost its focus midway, turned into episodic and was left incomplete.

Re is fine because it doesn't last longer than it needs to and the story is focused from beginning to end but... it just doesn't feel like Cutey Honey. The zany and over the top style of Gainax doesn't fit the dark/violent/edgy/erotic nature of Go Nagai. And the characters were terrible. WHERE'S MY NAT-CHAN?!

And Universe... I liked the relationship between Honey and Nat-chan but there were many unnecessary elements and melodrama and the ending was terrible when they brought dead back to life.

So yeah, og manga is my pick. Short, focused, characters are presented well and it has the Go Nagai schlocky style.

Just because you're too young to be here doesn't mean everyone is.

>he
Who?

I read the manga instead, it was fun

mostly twelve year olds that heard about this place from screencaps acted out on ticktok

It's the universal "he." There are no women on Yea Forums. Sorry, there are no REAL women on Yea Forums.

Even to my surprise I actually have. Comfy as hell

>It's the universal "he."
In that case, it's outright wrong. Many people here have seen Cutie Honey.

>Mal
Faggot

that's Yea Forums

>cause I heard they turned it into a mahou shoujo for little girls or something
They just applied the Sailor Moon formula. The intended audience was Nagai fans and Sailor Moon fans. It made sense because Sailor Moon was heavily inspired by Cutie Honey in the first place.
>it's episodic and you kinda lose your interest from a point on.
I assume you refer to the second half stalling time while the manga took longer to develop the story. Not uncommon at the time at all, with manga chapters being monthly and anime airing weekly. Something that continued into the early 2000s and only ended when anime opted to only ever commit to 12-episode seasons with breaks inbetween.
Cutie Honey had it good in that regard. The Devilman anime the year prior went much further astray.
>the story lost its focus midway
It shifted focus. While it can be debated whether introducing Zora as a final boss in Dolmek's place (instead of Jill as a more direct antagonist to Honey) was a good idea, I don't think trying to return to the old conflict with Panther Claw was what sank it. It being produced with an 80s OVA mindset in the 90s, with non of the 80s OVA budget, is what doomed it and left it unfinished.
>it just doesn't feel like Cutey Honey.
While I agree, and I think it very much missed what Cutie Honey is about, it becomes much more enjoyable once you accept that Anno was just being Anno and his wacky clumsy Honey is just a product of the time. (As is the lesbian cliché that is not-Natsuko.)
>there were many unnecessary elements and melodrama
I disagree. I don't think any of those were unnecessary if you want to retell the story in a more serious fashion, as Universe did. You cannot just kill of Nat-chan and a whole school and not have it have consequences on the characters, and all the subtleties of the manga (like Honey's resolution to act, Tarantula doubting Jill, Natsuko's feelings) deserved to be explored further after almost 50 years. But, yeah, the manga is more concise.

I know that it's something I'll really like, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet.

Both of my Parents were were like 12 when it came out, so kys.

No.

based OP, so much this, preach it

Attached: 1641821950299.jpg (676x733, 343.09K)

Attached: CuteyHoneyTV-08-4.jpg (640x480, 35.37K)

Attached: honey robo.jpg (719x1069, 395.76K)

mine too, and she watched anime as a teen

I miss when anime girls were sexy. moeshit forever ruined anime.

Attached: shincutiehoney.jfif.jpg (1440x1080, 163.79K)

Dumbest post ITT. You know very little about the history of anime.

hot

I tried. Apart from the OP it was awful.

This

>moeshit forever ruined anime.
oh no, it's retarded

Isn't it great when your subjective opinion always correlates with the mainstream one?

That's the best version of CH, also they hate you because you're dropping a pretty heavy truth bomb

Samefagging won't help you, user.

I've watched the stage plays, does that count?

rent free

Isekai forever ruined anime.

>the stage plays
As far as I know, the only stage play that's ever been recorded was Cutie Honey Emotional in 2020. And that DVD hasn't any torrents available.
Any other stage performances must have happened as far back as the 1990s and not recorded. How would you have seen any of them unless you were alive and in Japan at the time?

>80s OVA budget
80s anime looks like shit even by 1989.

No, it does not.

I have the original manga lying around at home. I should really get around to reading it already.

All three cutie honey stage shows were streamed

Attached: cutie honey emotional.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)