The most exciting and original anime of the season. I mean wow...

The most exciting and original anime of the season. I mean wow, who could have come up with a romantic comedy taking place in a high school setting where the guy is dull and mediocre at everything while his girlfriend is cute, cool, and naturally excels at anything she tries. The creativity and ingenuity of Japanese media never ceases to amaze me.

Attached: 121695.jpg (225x319, 44.79K)

You've been really upset since this aired. Don't bother replying.

Just watch something else, you don't have to cry and whine about every inconvenience like a toddler.

This is the first post I've made about the show schizo
>nooo dont criticize things just let people enjoy things
this is why the anime industry will (continue to) go to shit

Didn't even know it was an original. I just saw the generic synopsis and shitty MC and ignored it.
Don't really get why anybody would even risk making an original only to do run-of-the-mill shit like this or Ryman.

boring show
you should watch more content so you filter this shit anime

I understand this is a shit post, it just really bums me out Yea Forums seems to hate this series so much. It's so gentle and optimistic, the way the cast comes together to support people who are struggling is really nice. Izumi is not the most unique MC, but he does have a personality and also we learn how he has changed over time. He and Shikimori fit together in an interesting way, too.
And seeing them go through high school life, obviously that's very common in high school series but it shows the passage of time in a strong way.
Maybe it means more to me becauseI've experienced that passage of time myself.

Attached: shikimorisan_anime_001.jpg (750x1064, 193.01K)

Are you implying other anons aren't aging?

Man I wish it was at least like Final Destination. All segments centered around Shitkamori covertly averting MC's death in increasingly absurd scenarios. Would at least be watchable I think. Why do good character designs have to be wasted on vapid bullshit? It's not fair bros ;_;

No, I'm implying I've experienced Japanese high school life and perhaps that's why the big events of the series occurring at the big events of the high school calendar year stand out more to me.
People complain a lot that nothing happens in the series, but time is obviously moving forward and the characters are directly responding to those changes and rising to meet the challenges they bring.

What's the matter OP? Hit too close to home?

Ah now I get it.
Not OP but my problem is that I have and always had zero connection to school. It was just symbol of boredom at best to me so if anything I can relate wanting to go back to be a teen again because motivation dies once I hit the 25s for some reason but I would prefer it without school that did nothing but steal my mornings and made me angry everyday.

Yes, I have a cute and cool gf that excels at anything she tries.

The general feeling for school is pretty different in Japan, If the students I worked with are any indication at all. They were aware of what lay ahead in life, and determined to cherish their memories of high school and make the most of their time. That's why the start of a new school year in the manga, deciding what they'll do after graduation, all that stuff has more impact compared to the US school system where a lot of people can't wait to get the fuck out of it.

It isn't, go and learn what irony means

That makes sense. I am not even from the US so school was even less relevant here. Nobody knew what they wanted to do or become when they were already in the last year of school and I and most of my friends just slept during classes or drew comics and there school isn't supposed to be some social life here so no clubs thankfully. You get in at 8am and leave at 2pm at worst and meet with friends and have fun and nobody but some sheltered girls with rich parents gave a shit about grades.

The industry doesnt give a shit about gaikokujin opinions

>Are you implying other anons aren't aging?
Yes, I am. They aren't mentally aging.

the 3 side characters are unironically kino, the main two are boring as fuck

>They aren't mentally aging.
Unironically me. I will be 14 forever, before puberty started.

I read some of the manga and dropped it. Let me explain why I dislike it.
It suffers from all the drawbacks and cliché of wish fulfillment. It's not good because it cannot be, the MC cannot be anything other than a shell that you fill with your incel fantasies.
Despite Yea Forums acting like nobody likes wish fulfillment, it seems to attract people like flies to shit here.
You may watch it for the girls while completely ignoring the MC which I believe is the only correct way of enjoying stuff like this.
It feels like something used to sedate desperate people, which it obviously is. This genre wouldn't exist without the massive social problems that Japan has.
And then it loops back around and feels like a complete mockery. It props up impossible scenarios, entire social dynamics are skewed and twisted.
It's like a distorting mirror. This is how ridiculously the world would have to work so the average viewer gets what he wants.

Attached: file.png (832x654, 265.92K)

That why is called "escapism" the good thing about fiction is that you can do things the exact way you desire why would you jeopardize this?

wish fulfillment can be done believably
it doesn't have to be bizzaro world where MC is as dumb and bland as anyone else but just happens to have hot bitches on him

>the guy already has a gf
Unironically a new thing in high school romcoms lately.

I disagree with you completely, but that's fine. If you think it is wish fulfillment I won't be able to change your mind. But I think the idea that the MC is nothing more than a shell is something people who ignore the MC say.

I never understood the shitty MCs either.
I get wish-fulfillment, but this is exactly WHY the MC should be more like my ideal self, not an even more boring, even shittier version of my real self.

The thing that makes this unique is that they're already dating so there's no typical romcom bullshit

Yea Forums really is quality these days huh

all fields

Okay your heartfelt reply urge me to give the manga a chance

Then I've succeeded. The manga starts as very short romance related gags, but around chapter 25 it begins going into longer chapters and expands the cast to include the main couple's friends, and from there to high school events and helping students they interact with.
It isn't action packed, there aren't any earth shattering events, but it's about how these characters go through high school life together. And I think that's enough to be good.

That's such a massive cope, holy fuck.

Do you mean me or the students? Because either way: maybe.

Suddenly, Final Destination

Attached: Shikimori_s Not Just a Cutie - Ch.0003 Vol.0001 Pg.0004.png (1400x2048, 1019.22K)

Izumi having bad luck or being clumsy, sure.
But how is Shikimori so strong on defense? Could it really be from martial arts that she hasn't even practiced since middle school?

Why is this series even attracting the romcom shitposters, this isn't really the same kind of series as sonobi or nagatoro, this is a cute couple doing cute couple things series like Ore Monogatari or Momokuri. Anyone remember Momokuri? That was a good show.

>It's so gentle and optimistic
It's rare to see a seasonal romcom feature a cast this friendly and openly affectionate. It's nothing special, but for that reason it does stand out. And of course positivity is like sunlight to a vampire for the average romcom watcher, so the threads are like this and people dreaming up NTR scenarios. It's very sad.

I want a spin-off about the other girls

My theory is Yea Forums hates Izumi. Either he is a blank slate for pathetic self inserters or he's too girly for pathetic beta self inserters.

Attached: 01_08.jpg (750x422, 42.43K)

Why does this show make normalfags seethe so much? Just fuck off already.

This show is normalfag bait. What the fuck are you talking about?

No its not? Normalfags fucking hate self-inserts.

Ironically lots of girls love Izumi, they think he's very cute

Jfl since when? My dress up darling was just a much better version of this show and normies ate that shit up. Gojo is basically a glorified self instert MC who's a little more realistic than the rest

Yeah because he looks like a girl. Zoomer foids love prettyboys

Gojo still had a reason to be liked. He was tall and had some autistic hobby that made him likeable. Izumi, like most self-inserts, don't really have anything going for them. Normalfags hate this type of shit because its a "pretty girl falls for nobody loser" trope. Any show that has obvious otaku pandering like this is always going to piss normalfags off. Which is good, because I like this show and the fact the threads won't be cancer shit like Kaguya is a good thing.

This is why I read teens' love instead
I'm reading Moon and Maple Syrup now:
>Male lead is full of character and starts the story as a popular playboy
>Female lead is the school's most popular teacher but secretly hides being unprofessional, childish, and an organizational mess
>No chapter ever ends on a stātus quō ante; every chapter progresses the plot
>Kiss in the first chapter
>Actual drama
>THEY AREN'T FUCKING DATING FOR A YEAR WITHOUT EVER EVEN HAVING KISSED
This self-insert crap is retarded.

>Actually defending this in any way.

Attached: virgin_Shounen_chad_shoujo.jpg (1500x800, 365.39K)

>He was tall
This is why you're an incel who's forever lonely. I can't even that you people continue to think this matters so much.
Shit man, 150 cm Hanako was the most popular character with female viewers by far.

Attached: the_chad_shotaman.jpg (1280x720, 93.84K)

>Gojo still had a reason to be liked. He was tall

BLACKPILLED AGAIN

Attached: 2ac.jpg (600x608, 22.69K)

>shoujoushit
>full of melodrama, rape and cheating
>shounen romcom
>cute couple in love
I know which one I’d rather watch, if you want more “realistic” romance go watch western shit.

... You completely missed my point you fucking retard. Gojo being "tall" was one of his marketted good points, not only that but also his weird hobby. This created a "reason" for the main girl to fall in love with him. Normalfaggots need this REASON because otherwise you have self insert characters like Izumi, where there is NO REASON, the main girl just falls in love because of the purpose for self inserting. This is fine though, because most otakus self insert anyway. The only people who have a problem with it are normalfags, like the reard one post above yours.

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-vI1z2FsbknvuL.jpg (679x1504, 408.11K)

>thinking this clusterfuck of drama is realistic.
It's not realistic; it's actually entertaining and has a well-written plot opposed to noting but retarded wish fullfilment for extravirgins.

Not him but you should go back to twitter.

I lack to see the problem, sounds like a pretty good show plus this is Dogakobo which means it have extra SOUL.

It's hilarious that self-inserters always seem to think that Yea Forums is their safe haven or something.
Reddit and twitter are overrun with self-inserters; Yea Forums is the last place where people still call them out on their terminal bad taste and extravrginity.

This sounds awful, you might not like Op show but you have the worst shit taste ever and should kill yourself.

>Normalfags hate this type of shit because its a "pretty girl falls for nobody loser" trope. Any show that has obvious otaku pandering like this is always going to piss normalfags off

This show is one of the most popular from this season so I doubt that there's that much backlash from casuals over this

At the end of the day, some normies have a problem with self instert MCs and some don't even care or know what that is. You can't group everybody into one box

>virgin
>virgin
>virgin
>incel
>incel
>incel
Why are people still replying to this dude.

Dude you're using "virgin" as an insult on Yea Forums of all places. Fuck off newfag.

My bad its just really sad seeing how shitty Yea Forums is when retards like this are running around. Its also the only Shikimori san thread I saw so whatever.

See this is your weird perception of Twitter.
Twitter has more virgins than Yea Forums and Reddit even more.
Christ you should look at r/manga. They read nothing but self-insrert harems there.

Izumi 100% get's pegged and I'm on board with that. That's why I like this anime. /cm/ protag gets mommydommed and girlbossed by his confident gf in a sweet and gentle way. This is an experience I'll probably never get so is it so wrong to indulge in mid tier bullshit like this?

Attached: 1649877599811.jpg (1920x1080, 731.57K)

Give me an example of a well written one?

kakkoi shikimori san...!

Like I said. Moon and Maple Syrup

Also, Netuzou trap had some patrician drama.

That's kinda hot and unironically way more interesting than the actual show. I would've actually liked this if it was a hentai instead

>is it wrong
I seethe and hate self-inserters because of the market they create
These titles do not have a dynamic between the characters. The self-insert barely has an existence and only gives lowest-common-denominator replies simply to keep self-inserters happy.
It would be much better if there were actually a dynamic and interaction between them.

Attached: image_09464c2f.png (1920x2160, 2.59M)

well said

You aren't going to read the manga and you don't give a shit and that's fine, but I want you to know your fixation on this is making you look fucking stupid. The series has Izumi and Shikimori as it's focal point, everything that happens is connected to them and they absolutely do have a dynamic and interaction.
You just sound like you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about because you are focused on a version of the series that doesn't exist.