Overrated manga thread

Post overrated manga in this thread

Attached: IMG-50160706.jpg (1234x1000, 389.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/topmanga.php
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=50
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=100
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=150
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=200
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=250
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=300
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=350
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=400
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=450
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=500
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

K, you first

Attached: images (6).jpg (482x482, 41.18K)

GUUUUUUUUYs I DONT LIKE POPULAR THING

I haven't even heard about last one how is it overrated?

The first part of Vinland Saga up until Askeladd dies is amazing and the farm part is good. Lost interest after that. Vagabond's art is the best part of it to me. I didn't connect with the story or characters.

Steel Ball run is the only one there that's actually overrated

myanimelist.net/topmanga.php
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=50
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=100
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=150
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=200
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=250
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=300
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=350
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=400
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=450
myanimelist.net/topmanga.php?limit=500

These are all good, they're just popular among semi-serious manga fans lol. Does overrated just mean being good while having appeal to a relatively wide audience?

Attached: fma.png (831x468, 871.32K)

magic knight rayearth...but i admit the art is really awesome.

Oh boy its the hot take thread

woah ANOTHER bait thread that's gonna reach bump limit

no, no, NO, not even a big fan of the story, but I admit Berserk should be the best overall manga in history

OP here, forgot to include this pile of trash

Attached: HunterxHunter.jpg (220x354, 30.15K)

Those are all actually good actually, great even i would say

I see contrarian anons are hard at work this week

REAL is the superior Inoue Takehiko manga. I still like Vagabond though.

Araki and Inoue are actually great mangaka though.

Remove SBR and Vagabond and you're actually right. But I'm 99.9% sure that you're just baiting and that you love literal shitshonen masquerading as seinen (Berserk, Vinland Saga, probably CSM).

Shikomori

man don't tell me that; I just picked up the manga after dropping the anime.
every fucking time I try to get into CLAMP it doesn't work out, yet I still always want to.

Attached: rayearth 4a.jpg (1448x2048, 1.03M)

vagabond would be good if it had a fucking ending

Attached: put your Grasses on Inoue.jpg (800x1193, 270.23K)

this, only vinland saga is debatable

>chainsaw
its alright
>berserk
good couple of arcs, rest is a slog and carried by the artwork
>rest
horrible garbage, especially punpun and vinland

Holyland

Attached: 1622184989585.png (1096x2127, 3.93M)

wow, thanks for the recc chart, i'll check these out for sure

Thanks for the recommendations

Nice "I'm a butthurt shonenfag so I'm going to just throw dozens of noteworthy yet otherwise unrelated manga onto a chart and insinuate that they're all bad" chart.

rate my readings

Attached: hfiguewufwhfrew.jpg (1096x2127, 2.92M)

>I haven't even heard about last one

Attached: 1633499734488.jpg (1087x720, 72.83K)

>I haven't even heard about last one
God I wish that were me. Punpun was so fucking bad.

>so fucking bad
how?

Only the middle ones are overrated.

Vinland saga and Chainsaw man are the only overrated mangas here lmao. Oyasumi Pun Pun is btw the master of all mangas, too sad that normies and e-girls steal It.

Attached: [email protected] (903x610, 174.34K)

Me

Or, as I like to call it, the basedcore

The only ones on that image that are objectively overrated are berserk and chainsaw man, the others are actually good.

Besides Chainsaw man and Vinland, they are at least worth checking out

This, so much of this

I somehow was convinced that Berserk was a rare thing and that most manga get finished, especially the one's that everyone hypes up to being the best ones. Manga is fucking gay

It does.
>I somehow was convinced that Berserk was a rare thing and that most manga get finished
That is what usually happens, yes.

>and that most manga get finished
They do

Yea Forums seems to hone in on the handful of manga that are notorious for being unfinished and on break for forever. I think it's because of the lure of theorizing what might have happened if the manga did continue, so you can fantasize that it would be some masterpiece and will be safe in thinking that because it will never continue.

Meanwhile manga that do end, and have decent to good endings, don't get noticed by Yea Forums because they're not interesting in that regard.

>objectively

Attached: 1643060799056.png (802x801, 374.29K)

Close.
Finished stuff is finished. Once the people who want to talk about it do so, there's nothing else to say.
Ongoing or unfinished stuff has either speculation or new content, and that creates potential for discussion.
It's why most of this board's threads are seasonals and ongoing manga.

I-IT JUST WAS OKAY

Yeah but ongoing manga still finish all the time but you rarely see threads about those while at the same time people continuing to cry about Berserk and HXH and acting like they're representative of all manga. I don't read it but Golden Kamuy is ending in a few chapters I'm pretty sure.

it's not bad. i just thought it was a bit overrated since it's considered a classic. but i'm not crazy about magical girl stuff either so i'm not the best judge. the art is pretty epic.

Everything on the highest tiers of popularity are always overrated to some degree. Overrated does not imply that it's bad or not good.

99% of discussions on Yea Forums are shit. The same goes for the rest of the internet for that matter. I've had much better discussions with myself or with close friends on series that I actually care about than I ever have with with random internet idiots who usually end up pissing me off with horrible takes.

Yes, csm is shit.

The thing I'm noticing most about this image is the large number of manga with horribly written endings. Why are the nips so bad at it?

Attached: 1635212685684.jpg (900x900, 160.9K)

Since there is no objective standard for manga, the idea of "overrated" doesn't really make sense. Overrated... relative to what? You're own opinion? It's just as valid to say it's underrated if that is the benchmark

>You're

wow, CSM confirmed for being almost as good as My Hero Academia

Attached: MHA_Harvey_Awards_2019_Best_Manga.jpg (1024x1024, 209.09K)

What the fuck is the Harvey Awards? Pipe smokers are like the fedoras of literature what is this garbage haha

Reddit

are you retarded

Reddit x Reddit
>Reddit
Reddit

Steel Ball Run is overhyped by newfags to Jojo and manga in general because they never cared to read parts 1-6 and skipped straight to 7. SBR is alright but Stone Ocean and Jojolion were leagues better

I don't get how manga like Dorohedoro, Dungeon Meshi, and Golden Kamuy are suppose to radiate that feeling. They aren't really trying to be artsy or philosophical at all. Are they just on just because they're somewhat different than stuff ran in WSJ?

Jojolion had a lot of great ideas but is the single worst Jojo part in terms of execution.

>lmao
you're the normie

>normie
Fuck off normalfags.

no, i just felt it was underwhelming and samey when i read it

>SBR fans skipped everything
Nobody started reading JoJo at Part 7 you fucking retard

You'd be surprised, there are a lot of people who have only read Part 7.

thank you!