>can multiply itself
>can teleport anywhere
>can move as a reflection
>you can't pursue it without getting injured/killed
>you can't THINK of pursuing it without geting injured/killed
>is basically invulnerable, unless your power is called Go Beyond
>its user is also invulnerable
>probably is the most powerful Stand in the series

So who is the user of this nonsensical beast?

>random Rock Human who wants money

JoJolion sucks.

Attached: Wonder of U.png (750x750, 171.23K)

At the very least he should have been the doctor for real, that way his objective would have been about revolutionizing medicine no matter who he trampled on to achieve it, rather than lmao dosh.

>>can be seen by non-Stand users
I think that's only in its doctor form.

>>can seemingly possess/steal the appearance of any human
Never elaborated on, we only saw it taking on the appearance of the head doctor. How it does that when it has nothing to do with its power was never wexplained.

>>has its own personnality
Like many long-range stands. But he's just an extension of Tohru (at least until his death, I don't know what the fuck that was).

>>is basically invulnerable, unless your power is called Go Beyond
Presumably Tusk Act 4, Ball Breaker, and even Cream could defeat it because they also have extradimensional properties.

Other points are valid. Being immune to chasing was more than enough, giving it the abilty to also be in several places at once and each clone also having immunity was overkill. Not to mention how Kaato defeated them when Rai trying the same shit failed.
Tohru was also a shit villain with unclear motivations.

I think the shapeshifting can mostly be handwaved away. If being a visible entity is part of the main ability (there needs to be something to pursue in the first place before the flow of calamity begins), then it seems reasonable that "projecting a person to pursue" is a necessary part of the ability, and from there it's just a matter of choosing the shape, in this case the head doctor.

Softo an Wetto!

How will araki outdo wonder of you in part 9 , bros?

Attached: 1648306286053.png (540x540, 377.7K)

Couldn't Killer Queen defeat him? It's not pursuing if Wonder of U just happens to touch a doorknob that's become a bomb.

Makes more sense than Whitesnake being able to cum on people on top of the discs

Attached: 1552199746809.jpg (129x177, 4.86K)

I think it's pretty clear that Araki is beginning to suffer in his old age. I hope that JoJoLands is better but I'm not holding my breath.

If the intent was to trap Wonder of U, then Kira would have been hit by a Calamity.

He can't outdo "If you think about me, you die: The Stand".

and how is it beaten?
>go beyond!
what's that?
>... go beyond!

Man I fucking hated the whole ending stretch of Jojolion, how did it go so wrong?

Attached: 9420a5556e152b3cea627eae522d526b.jpg (750x1043, 456.07K)

Araki lost interest.

>JoJolion sucks.
Feels like this is the only place where that's not an unpopular opinion. Everywhere else I go, I see Tooru and Josuke avatars writing novels about how Jojolion is the best part by far and all the problems are actually good things.
Did the japs like it?

I don't think it was senility, I think Araki didn't exactly know what he was setting up with Jojolion, or did but changed his mind. And it got to a point where he got sick of writing this shit and just wanted to get it over with some Disney sequel tier BLEH I AM GREEDY I WANT MONEY I WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO GET MONEY that he came up with on the spot and pretended was the root cause of everything that happened, plus some killer guardrail shit at the end, probably from some idea for a fight or a Rohan story that he had scrapped beforehand and repurposed it.
Jojolion extended its welcome in his mind, so he got rid of it as smoothly as he could while trying to not piss people off with a rushed ending, which wasn't smooth at all.

God the Tooru dicksucking is unreal, what the fuck do people see in such a nothingburger character? It's like Diavolo if he wasn't built up as a threat, you just learn Passione has a boss right at the colosseum and he shows up and punches Polnareff. Wow what an amazing villain.

I like what Tooru does for the story.
> Why do people enjoy a nothingburger character?
Because that's the whole point of the character? It's similar to Valentine, he isn't this "unbelievably malicious evil", he is just some person that got entangled into Josuke's and the Higashikata's whole dilemma, struggle, and thus, resolve.

Then there's this whole leitmotif throughout of "how do you write about a character that nobody is supposed to even know about?", which I think Araki succeeded in. Especially his character opposed to Jobin's mother, with the "there's a rock on that hill" left quite an impression on me. I think people just didn't like, that Tooru himself, as a character, is supposed to be very contradicting and flawed? I think that's the most important aspect about Tooru in comparison to Valentine, but most readers just overlooked it?

Attached: JOJOLIONDreamsandMemories.png (896x1400, 271.27K)

>still there after its user dies
>attack Norisuke for no reason
>turns out Calamity is a "natural law that can never go away"
Okay, how does this "natural law" works, exactly? Why does it exists?
>...
LOOK! Josuke's coming!
>one shot the "head doctor" with one of those invisible bubbles that couldn't be controlled two chapters ago
>"head doctor" dies
B-but, I thought it was a "natural law that can never go aw.."
LOOK! Lucy Steel and alternate Joseph!

So he's good because he has no personality?
Yeah this isn't it. Araki wasn't trying to write a nothing character. This was not his goal. He simply did a very bad job at creating a compelling and interesting villain. There is a reason he gets the hate. I see how you could really dig deep into the text and maybe pull out SOME kind of things to like about Tooru, but it's reaching.

Is it just me or did it just feel like he didn't like part 8 and just wanted to bail? Feels like he had a shitton of stuff in mind but either ran into a wall creatively or just couldn't really figure out how integrate that stuff he had planned so he got frustrated and said fuck it

WoU is unironically the strongest thing in seinen history. Someone prove me wrong

Attached: wonder of u (the miracle of your LOVE).jpg (1080x1039, 114.27K)

You missed some important story details. Tooru was able to use "Calamity", that's a natural law.
> Why does "Calamity" exist?
Duhh, because it just does? Just like Fortune, there is Misfortune, you follow me? Now in the case of JOJOLION, at the end it got explained, that Tooru was only able to manipulate Calamity/Misfortune to his advantages. That's why very often, when somebody attacked him, he went "Uhhm...alright...you attacked/pursued me....NO CLUE what's about to happen, but you are gonna get fucked my guy. By what? Not sure, but it's COMING!"
> Josuke & his bubbles
Good you ask this. I think everybody can agree that Josuke's bubbles are "out of this world." They aren't just special, they are a unity that's not bound to what one may call "Calamity". They aren't bound to any natural law, makes sense, doesn't it?
> How come Josuke's bubbles aren't bound to Calamity?
This, I am not certain of. Actually, I don't think anybody is certain about the "why" here. I have some theories though. One theory, and my less favourite one, would be, due to Locacaca grafting Josuke is seen as a phenomenon not created by this world, since he is pretty much 2 people in one.

The second theory I have is more plausible. Think about this shit for a second user. We have seen those exact same "out of this world"-powers in Steel Ball Run. Tusk Act 4 and Ballbreaker. Now I tried to consider..."what in the FUCK do both Steel Ball Run characters who can pull this off and Jojolion characters have in common?", and I think I found the answer.
"Bloodlines". Remember how in Part 6's ending the whole dimension we know got nuked? What's the only thing that stayed afterwards? Bloodlines. The "Jojo-Bloodline" to be exact. That's what makes Josuke so special, he is a Jojo. And if you consider the history of this whole series, this theory is even more convincing imo.

Attached: JOJOLIONBubble.png (1672x2400, 3.43M)

Yeah, I feel like this is the most likely explanation.

> So he's good because he has no personality?
Yes, unironically. I mean, I won't be here trying to change your tastes, you do have your points user, but think what this series got popular with. The very cunning and charismatic, Dio Brando.
> Araki wasn't trying to write a nothing character. This was not his goal.
The guy was literally introduced as "Oh, this is just some random dude I knew from the past, never mind." Like come on, literally the first 10 chapters he was introduced he kept coming up, but for no particular reason. As in, he himself had nothing to do with the freaking story. Josuke even mentioned it with a "hey, we keep looking for this Doctor guy, but we keep running into you instead, what the FUCK is your deal? What's going on here?"
^See what I described here? I don't think this is me ass-pulling at all. Maybe I shouldn't say "he has no personality", maybe I should rather say "Tooru is a character that plays with the themes of having no personality, and most importantly, not being known about." Having no personality isn't the right word. Tooru is uncanny. And that's what I love about him.

Attached: JOJOLIONCalamity.png (554x1400, 1.58M)

Attached: JoJo Lion.jpg (638x450, 109.83K)

>has its own personnality
Retardbro, I...

I thought the rock Tooru was referring to was going to revelaed to be a petrified Kars.

It'd be cool if he appeared in the manga earlier than WoU arc and more often in general. It'd be a cool twist like in Bakugan anime

People hyped up Jojolion for years and were too prideful to admit that it was bad once it ended. They basically decided that it was good before they read it, and now they are left grasping at straws to justify that decision.

Attached: 1636039606094.png (991x1416, 520.71K)

Yes yes, but we all know we still have the most important question left unanswered.
Was he really 89 years old?

Attached: JOSUKE.png (314x297, 49.21K)

Attached: 00023.jpg (1520x1200, 1.32M)

It's sad because I was enjoying JJL until Blue Hawaii and then I just couldn't give a shit anymore, it's like I saw the writing on the wall but didn't realize it.

Wait, was Tooru actually 89 years old?

Probably older.

I dropped Jojolion halfway through and only got back into it 3 years later and I genuinely liked the idea behind Wonder of U, even if it was kinda badly executed
the idea of a Stand that's basically a concept that just goes on automatically and that the users benefits from passively is a nice way to make a automatic stand, which always felt like the most underused type of stands

89?
89 years old?

Attached: THE EGGS JOSUKE.jpg (209x455, 68.62K)

As long as JojoLands central plot isn't a mystery, I think we'll be good. And Crazy Demonic Heartbreak is good. So far.

I felt the opposite. It's a power where the user doesn't have to do anything, and nobody can do anything against it. That's probably the worst possible way to write a story.

Whats the point of this character unironically? He showed up too late to become a jobro or to evolve or utilize his stand more

Holy shit, retard, the answer is simply the Spin. Tusk Act 4, Ball Breaker and S&WGB all harness the power of the Spin to transcend dimensions.

I'm not gonna argue that Araki did it well because he definitely was lacking however
I don't think a passive force as the opponent makes by definition for a bad story, the protagonists being forced into a reactionnary role can make for good story, it just need to be properly thought through and through

>>turns out Calamity is a "natural law that can never go away"
No to mention that this bombshell was dropped by Yasuho, out of the blue.
How did she deduce that? Who cares.

"JoJolion..." it's... a "stoo~~~ry" about breaking... a "cuu~~~rse..."

Araki isn't involved in Crazy Diamond Heartbreak.

Right? lole, I remember asking the exact same question, "why is Josuke so damn special that he can fight Calamity itself?", with nobody in the threads being able to answer. So I had to think about this shit for months lol, it does sound plausible though, the tl;dr is
> The "Jojo Bloodline" is important because it transcends other worlds (Tusk Act 4 looping Valentine to eternal death; the phenomenon we saw with Soft & Wet and WoU)
> This is not confirmed, but it might be possible that the "Higashikata"- and "Zeppeli"-Bloodlines share the same specialty (since these have been prevalent after Part 6 too)
Coming to think of it...did any Higashikata even get to fight Tooru? Did they deal damage to him?...I think Caato did, didn't she? Well, and the Higashikata curse obviously did lol
kek
This...is true. I 100% agree, would've been an even better build up. I guess he kinda tried to go for that in the O MY GUARDRAIL chapter with the one Tooru panel, but it doesn't have the same impact as seeing him randomly walk by in like JOJOLION chapter 5 or smth. Maybe the Anime, whenever it comes out, could do that.

Attached: 1634957971317.png (583x451, 56.4K)

The problem is that it forced the protagonists to be passive as well.

I thought the spin in Jojolion was going to revealed that it was something of an orbit, like how ripple was to meant to mimic ultraviolet rays, hence a connection to "gravity". Something like, not even the "flow" of calamity can prevent things being drawn by gravity.

Okay then retard, how come the spin is so special?
> inb4 muh golden rectangle autism
How was Josuke supposed to find out how to fucking spin it then, RETOOORD? I accept your concession

>how come the spin is so special
>How was Josuke supposed to find out how to fucking spin it then
Bad writing.

I know that. I'm just saying it's an okay spin-off, far as we seen.

Wouldn't automatic stands that don't transfer damage to the users like B.I.G and Black Sabbath and or indiscriminate stands like Sun and Grateful Dead be able to beat Wonder of U?
Hell, with enough luck, it seems even Kraft Work and 21st Century Boy can negate WoU's calamities with enough defense.

user... don't you know ?
It's a miracle.
Josuke himself... is a miracle.

so what type of movie do you guys want to see Araki take inspiration from for Jojolands? I hope he does medieval fantasy

Any half decent punchghost could negate the calamities. We really haven't seen WoU do anything that impressive.

Attached: Taoka.png (900x1400, 229.31K)

you mean except making literally anything able to gravely hurt you? even rain was enough to fuck them up, the only stands that could dampen the damage were shit that allow to change a part of your real body into stuff like the steel cable guy

This is the work of the fruit's power.
You think that stands can't deflect rain?

>Leave Wonder of U to me

Attached: Highway_Star.png (570x748, 618.48K)

Attached: Green, Green Grass of Home.png (515x662, 900.81K)

Wonder of U is extremely strong. Except for very few stands that don't need to pursue him like Cream and Super Fly he is impossible to defeat(and in those cases he still has the rock bugs). Even Golden Experience Requiem could do nothing to it since the Calamity is a natural phenomenon and has no "intent" or "action".

Does anybody know where the claim comes from that JOJOLANDS will be playing in feudal japan? Is there any source to this, or did anons just theorize on it?

For me, personally, I think it'd be cool if you'd just do a world trip in general. South-Antarctica, Africa, America, Europe, maybe continue Josuke's quest to collect Locacacas there (or at least give us a short fast forward, to where his search for them still mattered to the story)? And maybe on every different continent/country, he finds another Jojo, hence the "JOJOLANDS". Why have 1 Jojo, if you could have 3 or 4 at a time? Definitely hope the L-O-R-E gets expanded

would Boy II Man be able to steal part of Wonder of U?

I don't get why people obsess over the settings so much. At the end of the day it's just going to be houses and trees in the background, IF Araki feels like drawing one.

>This is the work of the fruit's power.
No, reread the chapter, this is a Calamity.
The whole scene with the Head Doctor is a build up to that.
Equivalent exchange only changes parts of your body into stone, it's not supposed to kill you.

Attached: Pursue me.png (900x1400, 227.98K)

That would only work if Toorutried to approach the Green Baby.

FUCK meant Antarctica and South-Africa, it's getting late..
Nah it's not an obsession for me, just an idea. Every setting is welcome desu (even though I do think seeing more fights around Snow or shit like rain forests could be cool af).

I always wanted some SAW-ish, Thriller-setting with Jojo, but JOJOLION kinda delivered on the whole "who am I, what's going on?"-idea, I'm satisfied on that now lol

I don't mean you particularly, but just the general attitude the fanbase seems to have.

do you think Araki picked Morioh again just because he found his folder with all the references used during part4 in a drawer while thinking about the setting of Part 8

GER can negate all actions, nature or not.
The user of Boy2man would have to approach Tooru first to play some rock paper scissors. If he yoinked enough stand abilities to protect himself maybe.
Objects also shrink when they approach the stand. They will never reach the user. Unless calamity can cause some gas attack which I doubt GGGH can block.

We don't know anything about JoJolands. Not even its true title (if there is one).
The feudal japan claim comes from a fake leak that used one of Araki's artwork unrelated to JoJo.

Boy2Man is such a broken stand that was passed as a one off garbage stand

That's exactly why it's an asspull you fucking retard, all of sudden he realises that his bubbles are spinning threads and immediately knows how to use a power that took Johnny months of training.

Uh, no. You're the one who needs to reread the chapter. He 100% died from an equivalent exchange. The only thing the calamity did was cause the fruit's juices to get into his body. The Head Doctor says this himself in the same scene you're trying to use as evidence. The man's pimples were cured in exchange for taking his neck.

It's discussed in the Dr. Wu arc that the equivalent exchange is random, and that there's a chance that you could die from exchanging your vital organs in exchange for curing something minor. In this case, WoU's calamity only made sure that the equivalent exchange would be fatal. It doesn't have the power to randomly turn someone's neck into stone for no reason.

Attached: 32.jpg (900x1400, 242.95K)

>It's discussed in the Dr. Wu arc that the equivalent exchange is random, and that there's a chance that you could die from exchanging your vital organs in exchange for curing something minor.
the calamity is what enables the trade of something vital for something minor, it's a colossal stroke of bad luck that just happened to someone who 'pursued' the doctor
something one would call a calamity

It's literally reliant on it's user not being a shit RPS player and the opponent agreeing to not shank the user during the match. It has the shittiest activation requirements even for a jojo ability.

Attached: 8692583512471.png (335x331, 135.22K)

What do these weird random emphasized words look like in the raws? Always wondered.

Attached: 1623493309770.png (782x366, 300.08K)

Calamity influenced the equivalent exchange into a deadly one. Taoka pursued the Head Doctor, Calamity was bound to happen.
Simple as that.
The neck breaking is the result of a Calamity.

that's literally the only downside for a stand that can potentially stack multiple stolen stand abilities
imagine if someone with Star Platinum forced you to play RPS against him