Physicalfriends only

How's that library looking, Yea Forums?

Attached: animu.jpg (1820x1716, 1.66M)

I stopped collecting DVD/BDs ages ago. Pretty much all I have is EVA 1.11/2.22, Kimi no Na Wa and the first Love Live movie. I collect manga and LNs now.

Let's see 'em.

Oh nice, I took a new picture earlier! In usual fashion, I'll get the first Sono Bisque volume and keep the rest on my hard drive.

Attached: Manga collection 04092022.jpg (2500x3400, 3.1M)

>How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?
That title BLEEDS modern animu/mango series where the entire plot is summarized in the title. Sounds interesting, though.

It is, like other Anons it got me to get up off my ass, buy a used treadmill and danberus, and acquire a Fitbit (although that was also to encourage me since I'm constantly on my feet at my job /blog). Great service shots too, especially since gyarus are my fetish!

I don't have a dvd player. I still bought 2 dvd's for series I thought I'd need a sort of memorial of. or pay something back to the industry or whatever. Divergence Eve and Expelled from Paradise. like I mainly collect manga and light novels. my most prized possessions are all three monogatari box sets which I all bought on release, The bunch of volumes of No Game no Life and whatever I managed to scoop off for Gunslinger Girl which is so hard to come by it's not even funny.

I have my movies somewhere else, but I put them here for the pics. Not pictured: random volumes like the first volume of Danmachi, Maou-sama, NGNL, etc., and some Neptunia JP manga and LNs I can't actually read.

Attached: webebweb.jpg (1910x1278, 978.09K)

Not pictured: Shaman King 22-24 and CSM 10

Attached: 20220327_152924.jpg (2588x2707, 2.08M)

I had to sell mine for rent. One of them being that rare Haganai blu-ray.

Attached: IMG_20220118_224011.jpg (3120x4160, 2.67M)

Hi friend, still collecting

>Machikado Mazoku
My man.

Nice. I still need to finish Gunslinger Girl. Are Monogatari series any good? I keep hearing they're boring and only good for the OP songs.

They're pretty hit and miss, it all depends on the specific arc. Kizumonogatari is solid, for example, but Sodachi is absolute trash.

>that fat spice & wolf collection
damn. I heard it's kinda shit to read because it's so small but definitely seems like a nice collectors item. Also nice boogiepop omnibus. I started reading it but I'm too stupid for it; Decapitation was really really good.
I'm a big fan of the franchise and the books are quite good. Kizumonogatari is a nice standalone one for example. but the others I really can't recommend reading them without having watched the show. It's difficult to keep track of what's even going on sometimes.

You heard right. You either read it on a table, like it's a Bible, or you do what I did and buy it because it looks cool but you're not actually planning on actually reading the novels this way.

Attached: fat.jpg (959x1279, 257.72K)

On a somewhat related note, it wasn't until recently that I found out half of the characters in Chunibyo were created for the animu, including Dekomori, and weren't present in the LNs.

Attached: photo_2022-04-10_01-15-14.jpg (342x193, 11.5K)

Jesus fucking Christ, what's with that format?

Not sure why Shami's manga is so expensive. 18 maple leafs a pop.

They had to fit 20 volumes in 1000 pages, user. This was the only way. On the bright side, the illustrations are full pages.

Makes sense, I guess.

Lovely collection user! Are those JP tankobans of UY on the bottom shelf?

Indeed they are! Got ‘em several Secret Santas ago.

>picrel
retard me didn't buy a proper shelf yet so I have to take them out. New ngnl volume is coming out next month after a 4 year hiatus btw. pretty hyped.
WHAT. dekomori is my favourite character. I'd have never guessed that.

Attached: stuff.jpg (2000x1125, 1.34M)

>Zeroth Maria
I am so sorry, user.

Dekomori is indeed best girl.
Is NGNL good? I watched the first episode but it didn't hook me. Does it get better later on? I see a lot of Yea Forumsnons with it in their collections.

I'd say yeah it gets better. the games get super high stakes pretty much straight away with a nice climax on episode 3. Then it keeps going more extreme. Episode 6 is my single favourite anime episode ever. For the light novel I enjoyed them but the translations are pretty bad. it's decent until volume 6 but 7 and 8 were straight up incomprehensible. The best arc in the series is in volumes 4 and 5 though and the anime only goes to volume 3.

I'll probably just start with the animu, I'm an embarrassingly slow reader, I have a habit of needing to read a sentence 2 or 3 times, and if you say it gets incomprehensible I'm sure I'd have trouble with it. Probably have a bad case of the spergs.

Anyone here bought that one Alice in Wonderland edition by Seven Seas that had plenty of cute anime illustrations?

Attached: arisu.jpg (474x664, 100.72K)

Yeah, it's great.

No, but I love how Alice is popular over there.

Not really up to date but whatever.

Attached: Manga Collection (1 of 2).png (2196x954, 3.76M)

Only picked up a bunch of random single volumes for the most part only exception being the first 4 volumes of call of the night since taking these pictures.

Attached: Manga Collection (2 of 2).png (2548x822, 3.62M)

Got the Nadia DVDs during the current easter sale for like 20 euors.

Attached: Anime Collection.jpg (2708x2072, 1.33M)

>Slayers
Based. Didn't know that collection existed.
(OP here)

Was only recently released in germany. I think they already released the movies on multiple DVDs but that was like 20 years ago.

>Gohan is standing right next to Gal Gohan
Makes sense

Do you guys actually watch your BDs and read your manga or are they simply shelf ornaments?

Eventually yes.

Yeah.

How is the History of Hentai Manga?

Anyone have experience with 3-in-1 omnibus manga? I'm thinking about buying some since they're cheaper than the individual volumes but it looks like it'd be a pain to read

Attached: ubaz0dr701t71.png (640x1042, 864.43K)

They are as enjoyable to read as the individual volumes in my opinion.

Why would you ever fucking buy ones and zeroes?

I watch 2 episodes from my DVDs a day, so it takes me a week to get through single cour series and two weeks to get through a two cour. Right now, it's Tsukuyomi I'm slowly making my way through, with Hayate the Combat Butler (the series to the right of it on the top shelf) is my "I'm bored and already watched my 2 episodes, but still wanna sit on my ass watching anime" series. I usually use my 52+ episode shows for that.

Attached: IMG_20220408_171512.jpg (1728x3072, 960.85K)

Hosoda is shit
>Noein
oh god it's terminal

Having Dubs and Subs in my countrys language is pretty nice espacially since some of my friends don't really speak english that well.

In 3 days the last volumes of a series arrive and I'll have my first complete collection of a series.
I'm very happy lads.

Bluray bitrate is way higher than the streaming rips that get uploaded.

Hosoda is shit but Okudera is good.

There was an older one released in region 1, too. It's fuck-expensive these days, though.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (225x300, 16.87K)

Gotta love unintentional title placements.

Haven't picked it up yet, but it's a pretty fascinating retrospective of how it and hentai tropes have evolved.

yes

Attached: ANM-DVDbox.jpg (4608x2400, 3.24M)

Alright, thanks for the answer.

Ah, you again. I ended up buying My-Hime and Psychic Squad after seeing them in your collection a few months ago. My-Hime's box is amazing. The show itself was hit and miss, though.

What's the rarest/most valuable piece of media you own?

Pic related is mine. I still can't believe I only paid $8 for Neo Tokyo at a Fry's Electronics years ago considering what it goes for now.

Attached: IMG_20220409_225702135.jpg (2004x1503, 789.83K)

Does anybody here have anything collection-wise that isnt... you know, official?
I lost all my bootlegs years ago in a move i know i wasnt the only person buying them.

And that's not counting my ecchi and hentai hard drive.

Attached: Capture.jpg (479x617, 35.59K)

I've sometimes been tempted to buy bootleg copies of Monogatari just to spite Aniplex.

I gave away most of my physical library and only kept my favorite series and movies. I quit buying stuff when it was faster and easier to just download something than it was to get out of bed, grab what I wanted to watch, and wait for it to boot/get past unskippable ads.

Attached: 1512319555029.jpg (1280x720, 157.63K)