ITT: We post Shonen Asspulls

A new standard in Shonen Asspulls has been reached

Attached: 0032-014.jpg (1067x1600, 263.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangasee123.com/manga/Shaman-King-The-Super-Star
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The user accesses the Great Spirit and projects duplicates of themselves in their immediate surroundings. These duplicates each carry the same total Furyoku as the original, thus multiplying the amount that the original can utilize.[1] Skilled users can create a copy of someone else in order to utilize that person's particular skills.

Learned from Anna I, Tamao can display the "Cloud" technique by "casting a precious aside" and enhance to a level that even Shiva Sahasranama is amused. With the technique, she can access the Great Spirit's data and either summon or connect with herself from 26 different dimensions, and temporary increased her Furyoku up to 11,070,000, though Shiva noted that if her power increases even more, it would be a "disaster".

For contrast: Hao's Furyoku was 1,250,000 in the original series and he trained 1000 years in hell for it and here comes Anna I(a fucking plot device) who teaches Takei's shitty Anna-clone Waifu a technique which increases her Furyoku by 10x of what Hao had.

Attached: 0032-015.jpg (1067x1600, 288.86K)

As a bonus:
The Godaseirei(The Grand Elemental Spirits) in the original series had 330,000 Reiryoku each.
Here comes Shiva out of nowhere with 120 million Furyoku.

Takei has completely lost his marble. This is the worst power level escalation I've ever seen in my life.

Attached: 0031-002.jpg (2133x1600, 780.46K)

Attached: O.png (848x459, 199.59K)

t. wanpisser

Attached: df2bg27-885b847d-7cd2-4863-a1c5-ff0367a31318.png (2433x2160, 3.08M)

>With the technique, she can access the Great Spirit's data and either summon or connect with herself from 26 different dimensions, and temporary increased her Furyoku up to 11,070,000
That is so dumb
Glad I stopped reading long time ago

Rent free

This is Shaman King sequel right? Isn't it dropped?

Attached: 1638918972538.png (540x795, 204.98K)

what is this from? where can i read it?

Yes
Shaman King The Super Star

>Dropped
What do you mean?
It's on hiatus but it isn't canceled if that's what you mean

don't know the c0ntext but it looks cool

obsessed pisstard

O, MY SLAVE-EDGE

Attached: 1647121099791.png (3056x2400, 1.93M)

I really wouldn't recommend it but here you go
mangasee123.com/manga/Shaman-King-The-Super-Star

Even as a Shaman King fan who has read the original and the previous sequel(Shaman King Flowers which was also bullshit as well as his first ever series Butsu Zone and Yahabe and Death Zero oneshots which he mixed together in this new series) it's convoluted bullshit of epic proportions with insane plotholes that make the flaws of the original series seem minor in comparison.

If you just want to turn off your brain and read some bullshit with pretty art though the last 2 volumes of Super Star have some pretty good art for the first time in years.

Attached: 0027-025.jpg (2133x1600, 905.7K)

wew

Okay, serious question, is there a single battle shonen that doesn't have an asspull in it? I can't think of any.

Kill la Kill

Attached: 1631406933396.jpg (1067x1600, 356.89K)

How do you define asspull?
Beyond "thing I don't like"

That's good actually, I guess that show didn't have any.

Something that was never foreshadowed or clearly planned and seems to come out of nowhere just for the convenience of the story. Like Alluka, Sage of Six paths shit, all the Bleach transformations, etc

It's funny when you think about it Dragon Ball has the least offensive asspulls besides RoSAT and stupid ass Z Sword/Elder Kai Dance.

t. pisstard

Attached: ol6jciqdqjx31.png (2048x1536, 1.55M)

Kill la Kill isn't a battle shonen

Bleach is absolutely riddled with asspulls. I'll never understand why people keep referring to this. This one had a background setup and answered why his Father lost his powers.

Because it was plot-convenient bullshit

World Trigger

I'll take a powerup that has some plot relevance vs. "I just remembered that I can swing a sword with two hands. "

Alluka is really the only legit asspull in HxH but it's so obnoxiously bad that it's probably one of the worst asspulls ever

I mean that makes actual sense.

Also Kenpachi was revealed to release limiters on his powrr whem mear death layer on anyway.

>No born powerful MC
>No asspull fights
the more I hear about this series...

Attached: 1647627188923.jpg (146x144, 4.67K)

I haven't read hunter x hunter, and I probably never will
why were people upset about this

Except it didn't since Isshin never used the technique and then Kubo had to pull even more shit out of his ass to justify FGT to begin with by revealing Ichigo's mother was a quincy and having her implanted with "White" by Aizen and that supposedly because of that Isshin couldn't use his powers since he was suppressing "White" within Ichigo all this time.
It's so dumb.

FGT was an asspull that he had to use to beat Aizen because he cornered himself. It was such a bad asspull that he spent a whole other arc trying to justify it.

What the fuck would you call it? It's shonen with an emphasis on fights.

>Hype up Hisoka vs Chrollo duel to the death for years upon years
>Hisoka dies
>Hisoka asspulls himself out of Death because Toagshi changed his mind
>Fans lost their collective shit after years of waiting for it
>Hunter Fans who had always been smug pricks and bragged about their manga having no asspulls suddenly had one of the worst asspulls ever

I see
that is a little bit of an asspull

>manga having no asspulls
I wonder why every other nen user when they are about to die didn't do the same thing Gon did.

It's a magical girl anime not nekketsu
The manga also was published on a seinen mag

Gon getting healed was an even bigger asspull before that, huntertards were always just coping

Air Ge—
*coughs*
Sorry, uh. Air Gear.

It's ok when villains do it though.

Attached: cell.jpg (1828x1144, 349.86K)

Zenkai boost is a long established thing. Vegeta even tried to game the system with Krillen in Namek.

Unironically, yes. It's more acceptable for an antagonist to get an asspull powerup. Still not good, but way better than the protagonist doing it.

Cell's whole return is the asspull, the zenkai was just a part of it.

7 quirks

moar fruit

kaoken times a gorrilion

constant evolution of the fox cloak

his dad was a shinigami and his mom was a quincy and he has a sword that throws a projectile attack and is a half hollow and human with power but most of all hes the character who rose from the fucking dead to kill a bad guy then turned back into a normal human and some how this is continued for no reason

bleach coming back is a ass pull. you cant refute the obvious

Actually that isn't an asspull since he clearly says it's because of the Saiyan genes. Zenkai boost was a thing since Namek saga so it's consistent with that.
You can criticize Cell saga for many things but not this. Like RoSaT was the big asspull of that arc.

I don't know what you people are talking about. FGT was an asspull. It had nothing to do with Isshin losing his powers, nor did it have anything to do with Ichigo's later reveal. We knew Ichigo had immense potential from the start and we knew there was something up with Ichigo's dad, this was long before FGT was ever a thing. The quincy hints were also there. That's what was addressed in the 'everything but the rain' flashback. FGT was something seperate, why don't know why Isshin knew about it and it wasn't the reason Isshin lost his powers.

And yes, it was worse than 'two hands'. If you weren't a speedreading retard you would know that Kenpachi doesn't fight to win, he fights for fun. But because he's so strong he limits himself. He has an eyepatch made so that he can limit his power, and he uses one hand to further nerf himself. The stronger his opponent, the more limiters he releases. This was further explained in detail in the TYBW, though Kubo had already revealed it in the SAFWY novel after praising Narita for seeing the foreshadowing.

This is my problem with the bleach 'critics', there are legit flaws like FGT being an asspull but you instead criticise the things that aren't because you're speedreaders

>Cell's whole return is the asspull
Not really since Cell didn't die. As long as the Brain is intact he can regenerate thanks to the Namekian genes and also he learns the Shunkan Idou by observing Goku.

This is so funny

Attached: Arachnid - Vol.12 Chapter 57 _ Since It Came To This - 5.jpg (1110x1600, 585.28K)

Every fight in Arachnid is like that. There is no way you were taken out at that point.

>7 quirks
You obviously weren't paying attention to OFA's description right? Or Deku's vision?

His genes do make such a ridiculous feat possible, but your brain surviving your own self destruction is still a bit much.

That's explained in the manga. Togashi just assumes you aren't a retarded pisstard.

Agreed but this one in particular made me kek for a good time
This and the big brain reveal at the end of Himenospia

Because not everyone is 1 in 10 million prodigy who was strong enough to rival veteran hunters with decades of experience despite being a child who has only known about nen for about a year. Pitou straight up states that the only reason it was possible is because how insanely talented Gon is

Calm down grumpy. The 5+ years of hiatus has my memory a big foggy. Hard to remember all of those one page encylopedia dumps Togashi liked to do. Seeing as you hump the story like a bible how about you enlighten me?

But Gon wasn't dying, he voluntarily gave his future for a momentary power up. If you're going to die anyways the condition of death wouldn't do that much.

I think we can agree that every unforeseen twist in storytelling is an asspull.

You're forgetting that he had Freeza's and King Cold's genes as well so yes it's possible that he survived his own self-destruction considering that Freeza literally survived Namek's explosion for a long time in outer space with like 5% of his remaining body.

So if I'm understanding well, anyone who criticizes HxH is an OPfag, and anyone who critizes One Piece is a hunterfag?

>he can regenerate thanks to the Namekian genes
No way in hell Piccolo would be able to regenerate from that

>had one of the worst asspulls ever
O My Rubber Nen is not on the level of genuine asspulls like Same Type of Stand, GER or Reiner sending his consciousness into his ass from AOT.

People still read Shaman King?

IMO not even an asspull. Shitty fake-out death but it follows the rules of nen.

It's stated in canon that Namekians can regenerate as long as the brain is unharmed.
Plus mix that with Freeza's insane survival genes and the Saiyan's insane zenkai boost genes which Cell had all of them and you have an insane recipe right there.

Attached: 656835796.jpg (830x629, 78.15K)

Don't listen to those fucking retards. What hisoka did fits the rules of nen established beforehand and he is not even the first character to do it in the fucking manga. Is only a meme because of the phrase "oh my rubber nen"

yes