A new City Hunter film was just announced and there is not a single thread about it which speaks volumes about this...

A new City Hunter film was just announced and there is not a single thread about it which speaks volumes about this board. Kino is back on the menu.

youtu.be/4-2wjpnDogY

Attached: City Hunter new film.jpg (1472x828, 129.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G-hOPyicPzU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>sexual predator with a gun

It's worse actually, the last thread just got archived before reaching 20 replies

Shitty Hantah
Za mubi
youtube.com/watch?v=G-hOPyicPzU

Well, it's not like City Hunter movies have ever been great. And that includes the latest one.

It works best as an episodic comedy with a new dame every week kind of formula but the movies are fun

shinjuku private eye was kinda bad, but overall I enjoyed because i'm a massive City Hunter fag

Well there's not much else to look forward to so yeah, sure, hype

Sorry, I don't like shounen James Bond.

>Kino
Die, trash.

let's hope it's better than the last one
also, get wild still slaps hard

>Kino
Kill yourself.

are we going to see another bait cameo

Attached: DwlXQ-5X0AMkExe.jpg (1920x1080, 157.9K)

Attached: city hunter comparison.jpg (2586x828, 436.87K)

Give me the fucking manga with an official US release for once. Manga was more serious to my liking....but the TV anime is good enough for casual watching......

SOVL vs soulless

thats what happens when you still cant fuck teasing master Saeko

Attached: a1f6cf42d87932cfd531f8ca16f908a2.gif (500x363, 1.93M)

Yeah, I like it too

Top 5 best series of the 80s

Attached: City Hunter TV.jpg (3550x2694, 3.79M)

why is he not eating sushi or ramen?

He's a chad, not some generic pussy schoolboy

I wish it could adapt the arc with Mick and Kaibara. I don’t think the anime should really remain open ended, and you can still do stuff beyond it if they want to.
With any luck, the new Coamix translation will get a print release like Ragnarok and Fist of the North Star.

Angel Heart is a good story but not a good City Hunter story

90% or more of the board has never heard of it, let alone watched/read the originals

why are you surprised nobody is talkign about it? this is the kind of discussion more likely to happen latenight anyway, when oldfags are off work

Why is Get Wild such a good song?

I feel like they never stopped releasing City Hunter shit. Kind of hard to still care.

>It's hard to care about good content that rarely gets new animations

Well it's been spaced apart buy this is the closest between 2 different releases since the 90s.

>nobody cares about my 30+ year old shonenshit bawww

Ryo is cooler than any modern shounen lead.

lies

Attached: anime character designs.jpg (2859x1080, 1.6M)

Eren clears of Ryo

Sorry but it's a fact.

Attached: 1630794709079.jpg (640x1924, 222.59K)

Agreed. All the nods and callbacks were cool but the only really decent part was the novelty of having Ryo in CURRENT YEAR. Otherwise I don't think it's anywhere near the best. The new movie would have to actually blow me away.

Akira Kamiya is like 75 years old so I always wonder if his voice is okay.

I wonder if a straight up reboot of City Hunter would work.

The only people in the west who still give a shit about this series are only 50+ year old Generation X french frogs, who know it by the name Nicky Larson.

So why are you posting in this thread?

I'm a 75+ year old French babyboomer.
Hon hon hon hon hon.

>this is the kind of discussion more likely to happen latenight anyway, when oldfags are off work
Accurate, I just got off work and this is the first I've heard of it.

I'm a burger, but I'll gladly admit their live action movie was surprisingly decent.

city hunter has always been trash and the last movie in 2019 was boring as hell

The new style looks interesting. I think Bandai is ramping up anime production because of the success of elden ring

I give a shit. I finished the original tv series through '91 earlier this year, and it's become one of my all time favorites.

Attached: City Hunter 2 - 29 (BDRip 1440x1080p x265 HEVC FLAC 2.0)[sxales] (00_16_10.178) 0014.png (1440x1080, 1.17M)

>city hunter has always been trash
wouldn't be Yea Forums without contrarians but I do like my shitposts to be humorous at least instead of just blatant fishing for (You)s

When are we getting a live action korean drama of RASH ???

Attached: RASH.jpg (1508x1200, 377.89K)

> even for drawing a gun they had to rotoscope off a 3d model
It actually doesn't look too bad here, but it just goes to show that anime cannot exist without 3d now. Sad.

Attached: 1649362608606m.jpg (1024x576, 52.97K)

>I wonder if a straight up reboot of City Hunter would work.
No.

Most of City Hunter's opening and ending themes are good. They really perfectly encapsulate the late 80s and early 90s period of Japanese popular music.

I thought the first series was good but it peaked with the second series. Everything after that was just good fun but never the same level of quality as season 2.

Attached: City Hunter 2 NSFW - Copy.jpg (3500x2636, 2.84M)

I read 5 of the volumes in JP since the EN TL was horribly after 2 volumes or so. It was enjoyable and deserves its popularity. But I ended up dropping it because the stories get a bit samey. Does it stick to the one story per volume kind of thing or do we end up getting the shonen big organizations, squads, etc.? Does it get better?

Attached: 1649289246395.jpg (970x545, 67.76K)

The fade in to Get Wild is amazing but I'd be lying If I didn't say I didn't fall in love with Super Girl.

You do, especially when Ryo's past catches up with him. And while it can be samey, I chalk it up for being what it is at heart: a detective story. It's Magnum P.I./Spencer for Hire except the lead is a perv with a Spunky tomboy for a partner.

The ending was really bad. I remember reading spoilers and thinking it would end okay and then the translation came out and I literally went wtf that's it?
I hope Angel Heart isn't as disappointing.

Uhhh, yeah about that.

Crossover when?

Attached: Lupin and Ryo.png (368x490, 322.04K)

>kino
post discarded

I like seasons 1 through 3 about equally. I think '91 is the clear weakest season. Also is that topless Saeko an edit? There wasn't any actual nudity in the release that I watched. If it isn't, then I need to know where to find it uncensored.

Attached: City Hunter 2 - 17 (BDRip 1440x1080p x265 HEVC FLAC 2.0)[sxales] (00_05_36.503) 0005.png (1440x1080, 746.99K)

How to spot a newfag

>Also is that topless Saeko an edit?
no
>There wasn't any actual nudity in the release that I watched
There was and it goes by quick

I just checked and damn. It really does go by quick. It's only a couple frames. As one mokkori lover to another, are there any other moments I may have missed?

>Umibozu vs. Goemon
>Blowing shit up & traps vs. Insane swordsmanship

that's about it

Realistically Umibozu would die in seconds since Goemon is OP

It's the Get Wild show!

Umibozu and Jigen should be old mercenary pals.