Why is the modern big 3 so much more commercially successful and popular than the traditional big 3?

Why is the modern big 3 so much more commercially successful and popular than the traditional big 3?

Attached: Best-Seller-Manga.jpg (980x550, 125.11K)

I hate Yea Forums so goddamn much.

The dollar buys a nickel's worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be.

We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.'
Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. (shouting) You've got to say: 'I'm a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!

Attached: minorus-rage-1.jpg (704x396, 38.67K)

because the manga audience exploded thanks to the previous big three

>CSM

Please stop it.

it pisses Yea Forums off but these 3 series are way better than the original big

But big 3: DS, JJK, BNHA

All bleach inspired, what shows were inspired by Naruto and one piece ther have been extremely successful?

In my opinion, Mairimashita! Iruma-kun is better than the three series in the OP.

kill all shonenshitters

That’s the actual new big 3. We need CSM to have its anime first and see what the sales are like before we call it a member of the new big 3

Early one piece is really really good
I've never read far enough to see if it goes downhill but I like it more than JJK (incredible tedious "the protagonist is a retard and gradually learns to be a bit less stupid" progression), DS (felt generic) and CSM (like it but it's almost a genre pastiche, it doesn't work if you aren't overly familiar with what it's playing off of )

Same for bleach actually, that's real strong early

That is factually untrue

Modern Big 3 includes Hero and Black Clover, not a meme without an anime.

hero academia, but it's true that jjk is probably heavily inspired by bleach

>All bleach inspired
no wonder they are so boring

>BC

It literally can’t even sell 150K anymore. MHA rightfully deserves the nod but BC kek

what's even the point of calling demons slayer and csm big three? dm already ended, and csm is a short manga, the second part will probably be even shorter than the first one

>CSM (like it but it's almost a genre pastiche, it doesn't work if you aren't overly familiar with what it's playing off
the fuck does this even mean? csm does nothing new and borrows from very popular series like devilman and hxh

>it doesn't work if you aren't overly familiar with what it's playing off of
why?

OP, MHA and JJK.

>modern big 3
literally none of these has hundreds of episodes so idk wtf you're talking about, the closest thing to modern big three would be probably
>boku no hero academia
>black clover
>*empty space*

this works more, but even jjk and mha will end pretty soon

Goddamn bleachcucks are so delusional and pathetic.

The old big 3 had to deal with a western comic market that hadn't become a complete laughing stock yet

Not BC. You have to at least be successful

even this is true, a lot of capeshit readers turned more to manga in the meanwhile

Kinnikuman, Dragon Ball and Fist of the North Star still mogs all of these

>bleach inspired
>CHAINSAW MAN and demon slayer
Nah bruh

Based reference

Then why is JJK in the original image
>b-b-but fujos like it!

nta but to be fair jjk sells a lot

It's 2022, animation now is much better and anime in general is much more popular than it was in early 00s when we didn't have Crunchyroll, Funimation and japanese comics were somewhat unheard, at least in the Americas.

Attached: q5z0kt1nuao11.jpg (1200x1707, 283.5K)

In my opinion,You are sol retard

Chainsaw Man I don't really see it, but Koyoharu Gotouge (Demon Slayer mangaka) has already cited Bleach as a influence.

Nobody cares about Bleach. MHA and TR sell more copies per volume

Why isn't Saint Seiya part of the Big 3 of the 80s?
Also, wasn't City Hunter really huge at that time?

Well, it's getting a new anime with a top-tier director coming in Fall, and it's gacha game is very sucessful worldwide.
My Hero Academia and Tokyo Revengers outselled One Piece last year, does that mean that One Piece is irrelevant now too?

Attached: 0ce4851e8188529f2c2626c14c5fdabd.jpg (704x1000, 133.04K)

Perhaps.

Attached: jesus_holding_yotsuba.jpg (720x960, 240.02K)

Chainsaw Man is destroying everything else once the anime (+Part 2) drops, buddy.

I guess but I think those three were the most relevant when it comes to shaping the battle shounen genre as we know today

Yes,
First big 3
seiya, Hunter and Dragonball

The Big 3 refers to the new serializations that saved Shounen Jump from dying in the late 99s/early00s
It doesn't mean anything else
It's not about the most popular or profitable manga nor is it the manga you like

>csm does nothing new and borrows from very popular series
why did you reply if you don't know what pastiche means

>Nobody cares about Bleach
what are you talking about, a lot of mangaka were inspired by it, and how impressive sales are also depends on the context

this, it's fun, biut it doesn't really make sense to try to categorize jump pre and post op/naruto/bleach with that framework, especially considering series are on average much shorter now

They beat a crippled OP.

Gen Y big 3
SS, City Hunter Dragonball
Millennial big 3
Naruto, Bleach, one Piece

Gen Z big 3
Demon Slayer, JJK and CSM

Kek.

Haven't bothered to read chainsawman because the art sucks, but how can you not see the Bleach influences in kimetsu? They're as plain as day

>generational categorization
begone amerishart, we're talking japan here

Who's the director? Iirc there's like no staff announced.

No we're not you moron. The big 3 is a western concept

Shiro Sagisu is back in soundtrack. That's all I really care about, can't remember the rest

is that why you mentioned series from the '80s no american cared about?

Attached: 1645635272701.jpg (512x374, 23.92K)

Tomohisa Taguchi, directed Akudama Drive, and Persona 4 anime/movies.

Attached: eb010c5efc2550478889040ace097fa41404850653_full.jpg (640x960, 320.22K)

It kinda goes downhill after the timeskip, but it's still pretty decent imho.

Anime becoming more mainstream, duh.

Attached: prettymuch.jpg (588x492, 129.21K)

I would add kenshiro to the first raw and make it a quadrille

They stopped trying to copy the big three. Look at the last "era" of shonen shit. Boku no Stakes Academia, Black Clover, and Doctor Flop. The demand for good shonen was there. The mangaka and editors just sucked ass

>Boku no Stakes Academia
kek
but about doctror stone wasn't it doing good in his niche?

Next "era" people will say the same thing about these three new series. None of JJK, CM or KnY have been more hyped than HeroAca.