Who is the best public intellectual of the 21st century and why is it the Hitch?

Who is the best public intellectual of the 21st century and why is it the Hitch?

Attached: 1A9253A2-1799-4AC9-BF69-8645AF8C78FA.png (307x409, 184.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/taOBFURZvcA?t=2440
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You called?

Attached: 37806210-9129667-With_the_welcome_support_of_many_readers_I_have_tried_since_Marc-m-64_1610224151255.jpg (634x492, 70.19K)

Vidal.

>le thinking man's Boris Johnson

So far BAP.

This image is so reddit

Is it a Red Label??
I dropped.

But user, whisky is a big tough man thing, just like smoking. Consider what a complex fellow he must be

He justified drinking red label because no matter what shithole country he was in, he could always find it. If you get too used to decent scotch, you'll struggle to find bottles on your travels and you'll miss it more. Obviously at home he had the good stuff

We need more Hitch threads on Yea Forums

Attached: Hitchens_CROP.jpg (1224x681, 616.62K)

If i keep drinking am i gonna get esophageal cancer like him too?

bayo akomolafe

It's funny (and sad) how completely forggotten he is nowadays.

Translation: Who is the best at feeding me what I want to hear and stroking my ego?

>Obviously at home he had the good stuff
Like what?
What should I be drinking? :)

what's a good whisky brand?

One of the biggest pseuds, right along with Dawkins
Just because you are loud doesn't mean that you are good, nobody in academia takes him seriously and rightfully so. The "horsemen" of ateism rocketboosted the intellectual decay of the world, philosophy is now creating strawmen to attack, misinterpreting anything you dislike, all while avoiding actual philosophy

You dumdum, Red Label is entry-level whisky. No "complex fellow" would drink anything other than single malt.

Black label is fine, Red label is designed to be mixed with soda

My favourite is the peaty boys from Islay. Lagavulin is delicious, or caol Ila which is my personal favourite. Laphroaig if you really like the medicinal taste, but if not just go with Caol ila. I think it's the perfect balance of smoke and richness. If you don't want to go too mental, cost wise just get a Glenfiddich. It's the old faithful

I was a Christian before listening to Christopher Hitchens. In fact, I didn't like him at all at first, but by actually listening to his arguments, his conception of living a dignified life free from illusion won me over. Now that I'm older, I see that his arguments, while still solid, aren't the best ever devised, his forceful oration is second to none

Thinking single malt is superior is reddit le sophisticated gentlemen tier. Plenty of blends are just as good

who cares

Blendedcope. I'm all for letting people drink what they enjoy, but come on. Blends don't come close to single malts

Taleb is the best we got, unfortunately

Mad christcuck? The guy had a whole career before he started debating christians.

It was the smoking which done him in you retard, not the smokey whisky's

>Blends don't come close to single malts
The good ones do, and are sometimes even better. Just because it's got a number on the bottle doesn't mean shit. It's all marketing

>Blendedcope. I'm all for letting people drink what they enjoy, but come on. Blends don't come close to single malts
What are the best bang for you buck single malts?

Amerilet detected

I read his article on why women aren't funny about once a year

Attached: 9226F431-83CD-4178-B29A-793DB0826B86.jpg (1125x1459, 749.33K)

Whatever they're doing in Islay it's working pretty well. Hope you like peat

Attached: islay.png (1125x738, 80.13K)

cringe
based

>tfw this thread is making me wish I was drunk.

both hitchens suck literally arse for different reasons

I do drink blends. I quite like monkey shoulder and Johnny walker black is the breakfast of champions, but the Islay single malts just blow them away.

I don't know what the prices are like in the US for decent scotch, but I can imagine it's more than I pay in England as you're importing it. My favourite are the Islay malts, I'm a big fan of the peaty smokey flavour. So I'll always go with a Caol Ila, Lagavulin or Laphroaig

you need to be 18 to post here

Based

Imagine being dumb enough to be swayed by hitchens or any other kosher public "intellectual"
sort yourself out user

>no one's opinion is valid - except for MINE
You're a 'chan agoraphobe. Your already impotent reach starts and ends here.

Imagine not being able to take in different view points and adjust your belief system as you grow and acquire more information.

Black Label was his favourite I think. In any case, people only pretend to like the taste of whiskey.

>In any case, people only pretend to like the taste of whiskey.
What do you mean?
I like it, just no the first sip. I drink it with ice too (I know, a 'sin').

>In any case, people only pretend to like the taste of whiskey
What a profoundly stupid fucking statement. Got any empirical data to back up that ludicrous claim, retard?

Also, when I drink bad liquor I feel the taste of alcohol and get an immediate headache while with good enough whiskey, I don't.

Does anyone know what he smoked? I’m partial to Marlboro Reds myself. What brand is /lit approved?

Attached: 321597A9-9B4D-4F6E-9CEA-EACC474AE59F.jpg (500x500, 46.62K)

>his forceful oration is second to none
Oration and speaking mannerisms shouldn't matter when it comes to the deep questions of life or looking inward. You're acting shallow.
I'm wiser and a better thinker than idiots like Hitchens, but I'm not the best public speaker.

Have fun dilating in hell

No fuck him too

>I'm wiser and a better thinker than idiots like Hitchens
Prove it. Now I'm curious. :)

Attached: TC_J89656_ET029788_0.jpg (1000x1000, 76.54K)

>In any case, people only pretend to like the taste of whiskey.
First of all, Johnny Walker is scotch.

>First of all, Johnny Walker is scotch.
Tell me the difference.

Aisles in the store.
It also tastes like grass

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f-189048061.jpg (800x713, 85.02K)

Water

Parliaments and Newports are cheaper and we're all poor, so probably Parliaments because Newports are for black people

for me also its Marlboro reds, the cowboy killer

>we're all poor
>Implying I'm not a billionaire living in front of my darling watching a green light (or something in these lines).

How did he manage to be so prolific while drinking everyday? I can barely think straight the day after a night out.

>How did he manage to be so prolific while drinking everyday?
The same could be said about Stephen King.

he didnt actually say anything of substance, he was more of a poet then an atheologian. he didnt convert anybody that already beleived what he preached.

>angry god-hating alcoholic pervert
living (dead actually lol) proof that being an intellectual holds no moral weight, and at best means you could talk interesting talk to, at worst, fellow perverts.

No idea. Similar to Churchill.

youtu.be/taOBFURZvcA?t=2440

this. he gets respect for being intelligent, but he was basically a high functioning comedian