Therapist says I ultimately have a "spiritual problem", anything reading suggestions...

Therapist says I ultimately have a "spiritual problem", anything reading suggestions? Maybe I should just read the Bible anons...

Attached: spongebob_1.jpg (667x622, 117.64K)

unironically actually read the Bible.
don't let the therapist try to tell you what it means though. add onto that reading some theology.
i'd recommend reading Mere Christianity aswell.
If you might like an order, do Matthew Mark, Luke, Acts, John, Epistles, Revelation, OT in order.
and, i know how this sounds, but here's the rule of thumb: if something seems like it doesn't make sense, you didn't understand, and it would be nice to search about it (in a proper source, not ask here). a lot of people warp Scripture to try to justify staying away from it.

*Matthew, Mark...
forgot the comma.

Read Martin Heidegger. Do not arbitrarily submit to dogma, that is to embrace Nihilism. Contemplate the reality of your own morality, embrace the anxiety and dread that follows and dwell before the openness of death. Then you will truly be able to have a sense of the "spirit" that is lacking in your life.

What is a 'spiritual problem'? Why would reading the Bible (or anything for that matter) help resolve it?

Spiritual problems are difficult and often very unique to the person who has them since we can't really know their extend.
I believe that there isn't a good answer to find in just a few specific books to read because you will have to find them yourself.
Maybe you will find them in one of the passages of the Bible but maybe you will have to search elsewhere first before you can return back to scripture with a different outlook.

I had a somewhat similar problem where I found the world to be abandoned by meaning and magic and it made me quite discontent.
I found it again in unusual ways which are probably not so much use to others because as mentioned I think it is a personal undertaking without real guides to, but nevertheless I did.
Keep searching and reading user I'm sure one day you will find it again that spark

Gravity's Rainbow

Attached: tempFileForShare_20220219-133639.jpg (1032x265, 87.97K)

Seize the power.

Attached: revolt.jpg (540x720, 113.27K)

thats part of the problem. I'm not sure what the problem is?
I feel like I lack a core or an "inner fire" and I contemplate this a lot. Sometimes I think I've failed to enter the world of the masculine. Idk.

Jung

Addicted to Sissy Hypnosis, many such cases.

I appreciate this advice. I feel like I'm empty of most spirituality right now. However, I keep thinking about Lao Tzu's comment that the emptiness is what gives a bowl it's value.

I've always been a fan of St. Augustine, so I suppose I just have to walk the Path and find out.

she's a real female, not a tranny

unironically read Evola. He addresses these issues and helps to resolve them. Worked for me quite well, plus you'll actually start understanding these enigmatic esoteric quotes if you go down the rabbit hole far enough.

I have a history of anxiety/panic attacks. Sometimes I'm worried if I read this esoteric stuff it'll make me wacko.

Read Gilgamesh. It's better than all of the other shite suggested here so far

Ah ok, I don't know then. Evola writings helped me find a center within myself, more of a reason for being. Maybe some myths from your ancient ancestors? I find meaning in old Celtic and Irish legends for example, but at the same time it makes me sad, since the world is so gay now. I want to wield a sword and roam the countryside, on a quest.

>jew shit

I'm of heavy Irish descent and I often think back to Cú Chulainn dying on his feet and wondering if I could have that courage. Also Medb seems like a total babe.ATVMJ

find Christ. disregard everything else said here. it's rubbish.
along with Augustine, give entry level theology a go. i think you'll enjoy the Confessions if you like him.
it's gonna be worse than that if you do. esoteric shit is made up nonsense.
>irish mythology
>the eastern philosophy quote
as said, nonsense. drop all of that trash if you truly want the answer.

>world of the masculineand whatever other junk concepts
i didn't even read that the first time.
refer to the last paragraph

>christian knows nothing about spirituality and thinks he knows everything
no surprise here

I had a longing for the divine when I was younger. What helped me were the following books:
• Orthodoxy by Chesterton
• Mere Christianity by Lewis
• Plato’s metaphysical works (Phaedo, Parmenides etc)
• Aristotle’s logic (for strong proof based support for divine belief)
• Enneads of Plotinus
• Augustine, everything he wrote. The culmination of the ancient Hellenistic tradition in the Christian faith
• Scripture in the ESV (Read the Psalms and Revelation for what they are, man attempting to explain seeing the infinite in the finite, lean into the mystical nature of the texts)
• Hero with a Thousand Faces by Campbell (a guidebook to the universal spiritual journey of humanity, also helps to see the divine in all our stories and lives)

Hopefully this helps you, OP. It helped me.

The Yoga Vasistha

The actual experience of God surpasses all attempts to explain, believe, whatever about him. Our mystical journey to find Him is more valuable than any proofs, readings, or rote sayings that people may trot out.

Augustine, when Jerome passed into His embrace, heard Jerome say “you might as soon enclose the ocean in a small vessel, as soon clasp the whole earth in his fist, as soon halt the movement of the heavens as describe the beatitude of the saints without having experienced it.”

christianity has no initiatic tradition, it is a spiritual castration

What? Almost all the sacraments are initiatory.

Baptism, Eucharist, confirmation, orders, all initiatory

fpbp and checked

>Read Martin Heidegger. Do not arbitrarily submit to dogma, that is to embrace Nihilism.
>A few months before his death, he met with Bernhard Welte, a Catholic priest, Freiburg University professor and earlier correspondent. The exact nature of their conversation is not known, but what is known is that it included talk of Heidegger's relationship to the Catholic Church and subsequent Christian burial at which the priest officiated.[62][63][64]:10

You do not have a spiritual problem and your therapist is obviously retarded. Read Positive Disintegration by Dabrowski

>therapist
Hahaha Yea Forums, read a book

Read the Bible, either as said or follow the Bible in a Year podcast which will structure things for you. That said, the first Gospel doesn't get read until day 100, so I'd actually recommend reading Matthew, Mark, Luke, Acts, and John first on your own, and then do BIAY. Reading the OT completely in order is an easy way to get confused once the prophets start appearing disconnected from their corresponding historical book, hence why a reading plan could help.

This user has very good advice, OP.

Remember to also shed your preconceptions about the text. Try and read Scripture not as “that thing grandma quoted about the gays” and more as “a 2000 year old account of divinity that men have died to preserve.”

there's no chemical solution to a spiritual problem, that much i can tell you!

What do I do if I've read Chesterton, Lewis, Plato, Augustine, Campbell, and Scripture, but could not relate to any of it?

I am sorry, but I have a hard time picturing a therapist talking about spiritual issues to their patient. Their entire discipline is deeply rooter in physicalism. In fact, spiritual struggle is a prerequisite to be in therapy, if you were spirituality awakened, you would stop going.

Deeply rooted*
Spiritually awakened*
Sorry, my phone keeps adding mistakes.

Same here, I'm beginning to wonder whether this thread was started by some raging Christcuck and whether most of the replies aren't just him trying to simulate actual popularity of his shit worldview.

Larptianity and insincerity go hand in hand after all

Go to Sunday Mass, or whatever name you call it. Talk to the pastor (obviously a male pastor). Pray by walking, to butcher that old phrase.

And I’m completely serious when I say that you should use psychedelics, or at the very least, alcohol. Religion and mysticism is easier to grasp when you have an altered mental state. It allows you to perceive what is beyond, rather than what is immediate.

Barring that, know that St John of the Cross, and Jung for that matter, discussed a dark night of the soul, full of doubt, fear, and mental suffering. It is part of your journey to the divine, and the great minds of the last 2000 years were absolutely not immune to it. Take solace in that and have faith.

Sounds like you're being contrarian tbqh. Chesterton's Orthodoxy has a wit to it that I'd assume even non-Christians could get a sensible chuckle from.

A simple order I often recommend is Genesis, Matthew and Luke. Genesis is foundational and should not be ignored, especially as Christ points to paradise as correct order. Which is precisely what a spiritual problem requires. I do recommend seeing a priest and going to liturgy, but everything in good order.

Attached: 1630609371230.png (869x800, 398.4K)

Chesterton is fun to read and always good for a sensible chuckle. That doesn't mean I agree with his conclusions (or even his premises).

I wouldn't know where to find psychedelics, and while alcohol is enjoyable, it has never lead me to any insights.

Religion and mysticism just seem to be completely unrelated to the world I live in.

Attached: christophah_moltisanti.jpg (1280x720, 50.43K)

I went to therapy for anxiety/panic attacks that seem to come out of nowhere. I've done the breathing and meditation exercises and its seemed to alleviate my panic but my therapist says the general anxiety is coming from a spiritual problem. I'm not trying to "start shit" here just trying to find an answer in an actual place of learning.

Also any reading for those of us that have a sudden fear of dropping dead whenever they're in a position to participate in self-expression?

She?

Consider the question mark as a holy symbol. There is no freedom of the will, only freedom FROM the will, and that freedom is granted by our ability to question our experiences and follow the resulting lines of inquiry to new possibilities that can be selected from. Consciousness is an evolutionary process: while choice is the selective operation, questioning is the mutagenic. Relate this to "becoming" in the philosophical sense.

Sit down and just start asking yourself questions, and question your questions, and see where it leads.

Attached: 123201833-gold-question-mark-isolated-on-white-background-with-shadow-3d-rendering.jpg (1299x1300, 64.34K)

Also find a new therapist, yours is a quack.

mimetic theory

What does that even mean? Is "spiritual problem" a psychopathological diagnosis?

>and see where it leads.
Already done that for the past ten years, my conclusion is that it leads virtually nowhere except pretension.

It means the therapist is pushing their religious views in therapy, which is a BIG no-no.

>I am sorry, but I have a hard time picturing a therapist talking about spiritual issues to their patient.
It happened to me. I ended up finding out that my therapist was interested in Jung, this was before I'd read anything by him and only knew vaguely about him. I've still only read a few of his books because he is not my thing, but therapists seem to just go with whatever works for their patient if they think it has positive outcomes. There is no "simple fix" in psychology, most therapists will tell you that, and most of them exist to try to help their patients build up an inner strength so that they do not become dependent upon their medication (so they can ween off and live relatively normal lives).
>Their entire discipline is deeply rooter in physicalism
This is silly. Most of it is rooted in behaviorism, it doesn't presume anything philosophical.

How so? It seems like the therapist was just stating what they saw was the problem.

I don't think it's a proper answer. Back when psychoanalysis was the norm at least they tried to get to the root of the problem (i.e. some deeper issue seated in the psyche, whether it's something blocking him or just desire itself)

Soulcraft by Plotkin

New Self New Wold By Shepherd

Attached: flowers-look-like-animals-people-monkeys-orchids-pareidolia-9.jpg (605x818, 50.72K)

>Sometimes I think I've failed to enter the world of the masculine. Idk.

iron john by bly

read her the Red Book by Carl Jung backwards to her

The Brothers Karamazov

Don’t read the Bible.

Which one would choose to bite in first between the two?

should i read the bible or lewis and chesterton or go for theology/scripture study? I want to know more about christianity/catholicism but im kinda lost

You're better off with Buddhism to be honest.
Christianity has a lot of positives to it, but the biggest negative is that if you don't get that Disneyworld experience with it, if it doesn't just strike a chord with you and become the most magical thing you've ever seen, it's tempting to believe that you've done something wrong, that God hasn't touched you yet and you have to try harder, so you end up running in circles, doing all sorts of crazy selfless shit, so some extradimensional thing will make itself known to you. Christianity tells you that the divinity is all around you and if you aren't experiencing it, you haven't repented properly. Buddhism tells you that the divinity is around and in you, and is you. You just haven't screwed your head on and realized it, yet.

Attached: 1544996026508.jpg (400x400, 62.87K)

That was just to get a proper burial

Heidegger was an ”atheist” (extremely critical towards Abrahamitic monotheism) most of his life

Read the bible with Concordance translations.
KJV has 22,000 mistranslations.