Recent purchase/stack thread

I will be upset if Gormenghast is a another meme series

Attached: Screenshot_20220509-195214_Gallery.jpg (1438x1257, 465.23K)

Recent folio haul

Attached: 44B140B6-6331-45BB-84F8-7EDFA3AE56EB.jpg (746x2048, 202.23K)

I’d swipe that top one

I got this in the mail today. $78 fucking dollars. I'm reading it right now at a cafe and am feeling fucking kino honestly.

Attached: 20220509_192532.jpg (4624x2084, 2.26M)

basedcore

Gaudy shite. For me, I prefer a paperback.

What do you think bros. Got these all in the past few days

Attached: 20220509_193915.jpg (3264x2448, 2.14M)

>$78 propaganda
>Ahhhhhh. “Well informed”? Hu? I paid this money for pol cred”

So what. Everything is propaganda. It doesn't mean it's not true – it's history. Take it as you will.
I bet you're an autistic commie because you're a sperg and as a consequence want to bully all the liberals and capitalists happily enjoying their lives, in comparison to your cynical soul. Grow up and make some friends buddy.

>$78 fucking dollars
I got it for $40 like 10 years ago, with the dust jacket still mint. Still haven't read it, but it's always a good conversation piece when someone sees it.

Attached: stack.jpg (4032x3024, 1.54M)

The problem with paperback is that most of the time if the publisher isn't some science focused one, like any University Press, the book's binding will literally fall apart after some time.

Personally, I was always a paperback connoisseur, but the moment your favorite book pages start to literally fall out of the book, you will understand, why you always go hardcover or just use an ebook.

Also there is unironically shit called "mass market paperback", which was created with the idea in mind that you only read the book once and then it's such a mess, that you can't really read it again.

For example I had a paperback (and I read like hundreds of book with paper back from University Press publishers for over a decade and never had any problem), which was literally losing its pages while I wasn't even finished.
And to make matters worse, I'm what people call "very tidy" with reading books. When I read a book it normally looks like new after I have finished it, but even I fail with mass market trash "binding".

Attached: 1651494927053.jpg (2081x2082, 1.05M)

How is Decline of the West?

I haven't read it yet

Attached: FRwWa8eWQAUFINO.jpg (1498x622, 168.68K)

Nice

Why would you just go and lie on the internet, user?

You spent $40 ten years ago and haven't even read the book in all that time. Inflation has gone up since then nigga. Meanwhile I spent $78, received the book today, and am already 130 pages into it. Get on my level, nigga.

Attached: 1650509990348.png (414x499, 373.79K)

These are my two newest books.

Attached: 20220510_012259.jpg (3024x3024, 2.47M)

>I will be upset if Gormenghast is another meme series
Rest assured that it's not. It's genuinely a gorgeous book, and Peake pulls you into his world very quickly. Lady Fuchsia and Steerpike are two of my favorite characters in lit. Every second spent reading Gormenghast is an absolute joy

Waiting for my new shit to arrive but I recently got Byron's Letters and Orion Shall Rise.

>needing to read the Black Book to know Communism bad
Nah.

University presses are some of the worst offenders of lousy low quality product, especially in comparison with the price. I regularly use a dictionary published by Brill that falls apart annually, I'd buy the hardback but it's $300 and most likely just the paperback glued to some boards.

Glued bindings should be outlawed.

So why buy it?

In case I need to be reminded that Communism bad, and because its mere presence on my shelf is kryptonite for commies. In that sense, it's like holy water against demons--something worth having just in case.

I'd probably like Folio more if their bindings weren't stiffer than wood. You need to wrestle the book for the pages to even attempt to lay open flat.

kek, you're absolutely seething. you call that user a killjoy yet you're post is dripping with projection. I bet you're reading in a cafe because you think you are triggering libs or something. what a total faggot tool

Pléiades are the two volums of the shuihu zhuan, and simenon's n°2

Attached: 20220504_154945.jpg (4128x3096, 3.32M)

Your books are defying gravity, m8.

Do you really need propaganda to know Communism is evil and comes from Satan himself ?

> the book's binding will literally fall apart after some time.
Are you in a very sunny place? I’ve never had paperbacks fall apart until I brought a couple to Crete and read in the sun. Within a couple of days they were toast with the block falling out. Direct sunlight and 40C heat was enough to undo them apparently.

My recent haul. All bought within the last week.
I don't have anything else in my life and spending money on books brings me joy and fills the void in my heart at least for a brief moment.

Attached: Unbenannt.jpg (2977x1834, 1.21M)

Best in the thread

Elric is a guilty pleasure

Attached: 1652194468627.jpg (998x562, 256.87K)

Random stuff I got with an amazon gift card. Going to sincerely read Dune after I tried and failed as a teen.

Attached: Stack.jpg (1080x915, 748.72K)

I threw Pow! in the garbage. Loved what's it called though, the one with the reincarnation, Life and Death are Wearing Me Out.

I got Programmed To Kill this week too, haven't started it yet but the chapter names are great.
Have you read any DFW before? If not flip to "Signifying nothing" in Brief Interviews and read that now - a good introduction and only a few pages. I started with the Oblivion collection then went straight into IJ

>Have you read any DFW before? If not flip to "Signifying nothing" in Brief Interviews and read that now [...]
What kind of shaggy fucking dog joke did I just read.

Attached: b972b0e76e426fe1668e9053be768e6c10d820ebbea44b29a9df4f261a2b8d82.jpg (1080x1059, 238.02K)

I like fantasy, I really do, but I don't enjoy Elric. It's so dry, I don't know, his personality, his adventures, the side characters, the prose, the stories themselves can't touch me. I think I've read quite a lot, I have collection of silver small books edited in the 70s or 80s. I think I'm missing the last one, but to be honest I think I'll never read it.

Attached: file.png (375x610, 132.99K)

One of his best

Attached: IMG_8227.jpg (3024x4032, 1.19M)

nice selection user, you made me look for my copy of Dr Jekyll which disappeared mysteriously decades ago

qrd plz

is this bait

Post your collection of communist and tranny books

From the bottom to top:
Fedor Dostoevsky - The Brothers Karamazov
Fedor Dostoevsky - Demons
Nabokov - The Luzhin defense
London - Martin Eden
Stocker - Dracula
Leo Tolstoy - Hadji Murat
Dante - Comedy
Hawking - Brief Answers to the Big Questions

And the one on the right is Der Process, Kafka. Started it just today.

Attached: 8E27CBC2-7C75-4F02-AB3F-93C521C75446.jpg (2847x3715, 2.8M)

They always look nice, but I can never bring myself to want them since they seem cumbersome to read. There is a part of me that wonders why Hardbacks seem to have gotten bigger and bulkier in recent years. I have a feeling it’s an appeal to a collector market.

What language is this user

They haven’t aged particularly well, though the fact that they’ve managed to age at all is a bit of a miracle given how they were never meant to. Pulp and all that. Still like them though. Looking forward to the new one in December even if only because it’ll be a nostalgic kick from my teenage years.

Russian.

This faggot really fell for the Yea Forums memes kek.

Imagine sitting and reading a statistical reference. Then imagine it’s fraudulent.

>Past month’s purchases
Tore through Lewis’ Space Trilogy in a week, became enamored and insatiable with the man. Finished Surprised by Joy on a road trip, meditating on one chapter every day with my morning coffee, absolutely ruined my life and laid a new foundation to build upon.
>Still seeking:
>Phantastes by MacDonald (I’ve checked six used & retail stores across four states and cannot find a copy anywhere)
>Gormenghast Trilogy (Alan Lee illustrations)
>Là Bas by Huysmans
>Always with Honor by Wrangel
I have undoubtedly overburdened myself, but I am very excited with the newfound appreciation. I have rediscovered the Joy of Yea Forums, and am truly blessed for it. Merton’s going great so far, despite the idolatrous Mary-worshipping.
Tear me to pieces, anons.

Attached: FA49EC00-A6BD-4E42-A121-6B612729471F.jpg (750x809, 609.29K)

>became enamored and insatiable with the man.

Why are you writing like a faggot? You sound like a midwit trying too hard kek.

Kys

I’m explaining my recent conversion to homoromanticism without the lust. The St. John of the Cross-sort of dude worship.
Undoubtedly mid, though.

>E-readers exist
Still buy paper books.

Attached: 1621536841840.png (655x599, 326.79K)

Damn, I've started reading my paperbacks in the sun recently (I severely need vit D) so this kind of scares me. I don't want to go back inside.

Attached: 1641417805430.jpg (241x294, 19.31K)

this fucking retard

This is why I always buy Wordsworths and then if I love the book I buy a decent edition