Indoaryan lit thread

I started reading Mahabharata some days ago and I am really excited. I am Spanish, so I am just reading a shorted version (no full translation avaiable in my language). Despite that, I am really enjoying It.

It is like rediscovering the Illiad but longer and deeper. I don't know, which is the consideration of Indian classics in Yea Forums? I am just willing to share my enthusiasm with you.

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 12.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5565772/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Mahabharata and Ramayana receive an excessive amount of attention in all discussions about Indian literature, despite being pretty atypical works
This is understandable since they are very influential and furnish many subjects for latter writers, but reading only them will give you a false idea of Indian literature as exhibited in pic related
Reading them in abridged form is probably prudent, they are extremely long
In my opinion, the best works of Indian literature belong to later periods, Bhavabhuti excels in drama, Bharavi and Magha in epic poetry, and Kalidasa is supreme in everything
He is probably the best author to start with, I can go into more detail if you are interested

Attached: Kopeshwar Temple.jpg (1079x1333, 398.49K)

fuck posted wrong pic, this is what I meant
The poster here criticizes Indian works for using formulaic and conventional expressions, while in reality latter works feature some of the most inventive and far-fetched similes in any literature

Attached: lit.png (1662x124, 32.24K)

What is he talking about?

yes it is pretty amazing. Have you seen the movie? If not watch it, it is really good as well

"these fuckers" meaning white people, he is arguing their literature is superior

He's just an arrogant fuckhead. It's fine if he prefers Western literature, but the way he acts like it's an absolute fact is very Jewish in mentality.
For example, I prefer Chinese poetry over Western "poetry", which I personally consider largely garbage. However, I won't act like my preferences are absolute fact.

curious, why do you prefer Chinese poetry? and who do you like? Li Po and Tu Fu?

I like Wang Wei, Shiwu, Han Shan, and a few others. I like the sense of "uninhabited space" in Chinese poetry. There is a sense of space that goes beyond (whilst while including) humanity, an "all-encompassing place" in other words. The way the metaphors and similes are used is more organic, and many of them can tie into Buddhist or Daoist philosophy in a more "profound and elegant manner" than Western classical poetry's obsession with endless references to the Greeks, Jewish myths, and so on. It gets tiring when I'm reading about a simple idyllic scene or object, and then there's a random reference to Jewish or Greek mythos. It personally bothers me.
The closest Western poet to the Chinese style I've found is Tom Hennen, who is a Midwestern American. He was influenced by "Deep Image movement". I recommend his book Darkness Sticks to Everything. Note, the title makes it sound pessimistic, but it really isn't.
It's hard to describe poetry in terse language, especially personal preferences.

If you think the group “white people” was a thing before the 20th century, let alone in ancient times, you are uneducated

This is a good and intriguing perspective. What other naturalistic Westerners do you enjoy? I had similar feelings about Keats, who is very involved with the idyllic world, but is also very stuffily involved with dense references to Greece. I don't think that's bad, but it does interfere with the liminality of such poetry, as it fixates on a very specific set of cultural associations.

nice try redd1t

whites = WHG + EEF + Steppe

Attached: Principal-Component-Analysis-PCA-on-all-present-day-west-Eurasians-with-ancient-samples.jpg (850x846, 130.03K)

Attached: 1631308039473.jpg (488x435, 89.09K)

I'm not a leftist, faggot.

According to the Iliad the Greeks had red and blonde hair.

idiot. Aryans are wypipo

We have plenty of ancient Greek genetics at this point, they were largely WHG+EEF in the Minoan period, WGH+EEF+steppe in the Mycenean and classical and then received more steppe mixture in the 6/7th centuries.

they cluster with the rest of europe.

>modern greeks have more steppe than their ancient cousins
sorry varg :/

>minoans and myceanans had no levantine, natufian or otherwise MENA admixture
sorry taleb :/

You're arguing with low IQ altright Amerimutt trash. He spams the same shit in many other threads.

What about the different castes? Presumably the lower castes/slaves were different genetically from the elite rulers who conquered them originally.

OY VEY WE ARE ALL ONE RACE GOY THE HUMAN RACE EXCEPT JEWS ARE CHOSEN BY GOD

this. Greek is an IE language imposed by a conqueror/settler culture. can't compare randos to Alexander

Read the physical descriptions of the Roman emperors, they are very white except near the end I believe. Far whiter than the present day population.

we have samples from "royal"/high status tombs. the profiles are the same as the low-status graves. there is an even more recent study that shows the same. i'll have to find the link. no difference in Steppe % vs Neolithic % in low or high status burials.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5565772/

Not supported by genetic evidence. Iron age Italians and "republic" era Romans were roughly similar to modern Italians in terms of ancestry. During the Imperial era there was a significant influx of "eastern" type admixture that looks Greek. There was then an influx of northern admixture in the early medieval period that looks south German.

Iron age Italians, Etruscans and Republic era Romans were all roughly similar and were mostly R1b U152. The Imperial era influx seems to have been a transitory event that disappeared after the Empire fell. Roman cities were always population sinks that required constant immigration to keep the population levels up so it is unsurprising these "eastern" types died off.

Modern southern Italians and Greeks plot nearest to the Imperial Romans. Central/Northern Italians cluster nearest to Iron Age Italians, Etruscans and Republic era Romans.

R1b U152 was heavily present in most, if not all, Roman populations we have samples of.

This PCA sums up that rough summary i typed out

Attached: Ancient_Rome_PCA.png (1218x757, 201.51K)

There was a Syrian emperor by 218. But it doesn't matter what stock the Romans themselves were. Rome itself was entirely of immigrant, alien stock by the 200s. The old Roman and senatorial families grew as degenerate as our own families today, they barely had children, didn't want to marry, practiced abortion, and largely died out, and were quickly replaced by Semites and other Eastern immigrants who had higher birth rates. The poets of this time all wail and cry for the fate of the Roman stock and inveigh against a Rome of foreigners.

You dumb nigger, at least half of the emperors who we have descriptions of had red or brown hair and blue, grey or green eyes. Northern Italians are white, so whether you admit it or not you've shown how they became muttified since then.

Yes, as societies decline they become more brown.

i think you completely misunderstood that post.

>muh hair color
are you 13?

He's a piece of shit and has been spamming the same alt-right shit for years. He's derailed so many topics with spastic Nordicist bullshit.

Yep. Thankfully the Eastern "new romans" seem to have died out and Italy shifted back towards the rest of Europe. many modern Italians are R1b U152. it seems the countryside was still ethnic old stock Latin even as foreign blood flooded into the cities. The true Roman gentlemen class had retired to the country villas.

I've seen at least one study that suggested otherwise. I don't see anything in that link saying anything about caste but I only skimmed it on my phone. There are countless descriptions of the legendary Kings, gods, demigods etc. as having golden hair and blue or gray eyes.

>everyone saying the ancient greeks were white is a "nordicist" and the same person
You have schizophrenia.

link to such study?

>caste
No evidence of that in these cultures

>mythology
Interesting stories but not real science

I've seen Italian cuties with red hair. Also in some of the pictures of medieval aristocrats they appear to have red hair as well. Know anything about that?

I can tell it's the same person based on syntax.
Ancient Greeks didn't have high steppe admixture.

Ok? Not sure your point. Ancedote is not evidence.

There are red haired Italians, what point are you trying to make?

Like the rest of Europe they are WHG+EEF+Steppe. Those groups had a wide variety of eye and hair colors

He's basically a Jew that thinks having light eyes and hair makes you somehow special and chosen.

Are you saying that the ancient Greeks didn't have castes? And you think it is irrelevant that ancient Greek royalty and gods were consistently described as having Nordic features in the original sources, because you have some sparse and incomplete scientific studies, which also still have a high degree of uncertainty in them subject to interpretation and the bias of modernity. You said in your last post that the royals and pleb graves were the same, but now you're saying there is no evidence of caste?

Lol now this is just trolling

We have samples of high and low status graves, they look the same.

What "caste" are you trying to find? Lol

I just asked if you would know about more ancient Italians having red hair at higher rates, why are you so defensive?

> I don't know, which is the consideration of Indian classics in Yea Forums?
Indian literature is BASED

Attached: Adi Shankara guide.jpg (3108x2840, 1.95M)

What genetic evidence suggests "higher rates" of redhair in Italy on the past? Link to a study?

>We have samples of high and low status graves, they look the same.
Post them. You gave me a study and there was nothing in it that I could see regarding such things. I've seen at least one study that suggests otherwise. And you're ignoring the fact that gods in greek legends are consistently described with more uniquely white features, just ignoring this and putting all your faith in some flimsy study open to a high degree of interpretation is idiotic.

I dont think we have *any* ancient Italian DNA sample showing alleles for red hair.

I would wager there is a higher % of redheads in Italy today than there was 2000 years ago.

Link to study you claim to know of?

Your trolling either way.

I am asking you, dummy. There are a few rare Italians with such traits, where do they come from? How can you not answer such a basic question?

I don't think he's trolling. I think he's high off a power complex based on a false narrative.
He also thinks every non-European royalty from Ancient Mesopotamians, Sumerians, Jews, Egyptians, Indians, to Persians, likewise, had Nordic features. He is pestersome and has derailed many topics.
(reposted for corrections)

But you can look at old portraits of their nobility and see it was more common, at the very least among the upper classes. You can find examples of Italians whose families have been there for centuries and they have red hair.

You are literally too stupid to answer any of my questions even when I repeat them.

lmao. fuck off varg

>we wuz rome n shietttt

>non-whites are this insecure about their ancient history
Le yikes

topkek

ya'll penis is tiny AF

>literally no argument
Top kek

I've studied the population genetics, which your shit brain is incapable of understanding. Stop acting like a Jew and claiming other peoples' cultural legacies.
Ancient Mesopotamians, Sumerians, Jews, Egyptians, Indians, and Persians did not cluster with Europeans on PCA autosomal DNA plots.

touch grass incel

saged and reported btw :)

What does that have to do with anything, you drooling mong?

tiny white shrimp dick

>I've studied the population genetics,
So? Do you think that is challenging? My degree is in engineering physics, you are too stupid to look at your studies critically, there is an enormous amount of subjectivity and uncertainty in the studies, which they even admit to. Why are you repeating the same irrelevant bullshit over and over again? We are talking about ancient Greeks, go take your meds you fucking annoying retard.

Nigger inferiority.

>being this BTFO

You've been spamming the same Nordicist bullshit in plenty of other topics. It's you that needs to take your meds or fuck off to /pol/.

>he thinks having a degree in social studies makes him intelligent
Top tier bait, nice work

i am richer than you btw :)

and i have had sex with women you can only fantasize about.

t. LX570

I have two STEM degrees.
Also, I don't think a single positive thing came from industrialization.

eat a dick faggot

Do you honestly think population genetics is stem?

If it's bullshit why haven't you refuted it? why are you so afraid of people talking about it?

Trannies aren't women.

>Do you honestly think population genetics is stem?
I have a Computer Science and Neuroscience degree. I've just studied the population genetics on my spare time.
>If it's bullshit why haven't you refuted it? why are you so afraid of people talking about it?
That guy already refuted it for Greeks or at the very least pointed out they didn't have much steppe admixture in ancient times.
I just think it's a very rude thing to go around yelling certain peoples are mongrels and that their ancient forebears clustered with NW Euros when we have autosomal samples that show otherwise.

>I just think it's a very rude thing to go around yelling certain peoples are mongrels and that their ancient forebears clustered with NW Euros when we have autosomal samples that show otherwise.
I asked why there are Italians with red hair and why they are frequently depicted with red hair in medieval and renaissance portraits and you started sperging out about nordicism.
>comp sci
>neuroscience
nice man