What do zoomers read?

What do zoomers read?

Attached: str8 bussin bruh.jpg (671x1024, 70.22K)

Tweets

the classics do be lit fr.

zoomers are the first post-literate generation. The average american reads at a fourth grade level, something I expect to drop precipitously over the next 20 years as social media returns us to a pre-literate, oral-visual culture.

Whatever audible books are shilled to them in sponsorships by internet personalities.

Zoomers are genuine subhumans. They can't read and aren't even physically fit despite their obsession with lifting. I seriously doubt most zoomers could run even a mile or two without breaking down.

Guenon and TikTok comments

What, do zoomers read?

Attached: 1616149069173.png (696x573, 582.76K)

They probably watch AI Youtube videos that summarise books in 10 minutes.

Do they read? Maybe exclusively YA and high school assignments

Zoomer here. I began reading as a hobby at around 17-18. I started with the beatniks (Thompson, Burroughs, Kesey, Kerouac). Then I moved onto existentialists (Dostoevsky, Camus, Sartre). I did try taking a crack at some situationalist lit (Primarly Debord and some Vaneigem and early Baudrillard) though I will admit I did have some trouble comprehending their respective works especially Baudrillard. At that point I decided to start at the beginning with the Greeks. I read Hesiod, Homer, Aeschylus, Sophocles, and some secondary philosophical texts on the pre-socratics before reading Plato's complete works. Next I read the Nicomachean Ethics, but decided I was tired of the Greeks and decided to go straight to the Enlightenment thinkers. I started with Descartes, moved onto Spinoza, then Leibniz, then Locke, and currently I'm reading Hume's Enquiry. I plan on reading Kant's prolegomena afterwards. I'm 21 now.

Boffa

Nick Land and CCRU
t. tranny zoomer

What's your haircut like?

Fucking idiot lol

Interesting, how did you start?
I'm 30 and found that stuff through K Punk and Simon Reynolds blogs. I never here zoomers talk about ccru.

You are a fucking loser and just regurgitating/Lit/‘s proposed order of reading, fag.

exactly like pic rel, unkempt and everything. my gf is constantly telling me to put it in a bun but fuck that.

Attached: 05b41e0c603c82048ec380d28c5425c1.jpg (640x817, 63.69K)

5 types of zoomers:
(A) Nothing
(B) Manga, LNs
(C) YA/romance trash
(D) A ton of philosophy and classics, but not for any actual reason, rather, just for the status that comes with being "well read" on certain basket weaving forums and Twitter.
(E) A subset of D: Reads """obscure""" authors like Guenon, Nick Land etc. Probably has an anime profile picture on Twitter and posts le epic esoteric trollface memes.

>t. crabs

Based. Tell that bitch it isn't 2008 anymore or just piss her off by growing a mustache and getting a mullet.

1 ticket to The Northman, please.

i'm 23, am I a zoomer?

Yes. Im old enough to be your dad.

I was born in ‘98. Currently blasting Vox Vulgaris and reading Idylls of the King by Lord Venison. What now, chud?

It's not exhaustive, just broad groups. I am not a zoomer, so it's mostly just drawn from ones I've seen online.

They don't.

Attached: 1650310959331.jpg (378x481, 118.12K)

Steinbeck

Unlike you who clearly doesn't read to virtue signal their intellectual status

I have this exact haircut lol. Currently reading Rousseau

I'm reading Sophokles

I used to read shits like divergent when I was a zoomer

It kinda looks like an early stages mushroom cloud

You must become the Cobain of your generation

>when I was a zoomer
???

Your writing style tells me you are not the other guy

zoomers in this thread who do read books, how do you feel about your generation? From my view, literacy significantly started falling off with the advent of radio, then television accelerated the trend, and now social media, particularly the evolution from text-intensive social media like facebook to picture (instagram) and video (tiktok) intensive is eroding the daily utility of literacy. There will always be those who read, but it will become an increasingly elite few as the century progresses would be my guess.

Attached: 4EC1C99D-BC22-49FB-BCD4-E635A84173D3.png (1898x1034, 2.08M)

Generational theory is bullshit.

No it's not.

>zoomers in this thread who do read books, how do you feel about your generation?
It’s easier to fuck girls my age so I don’t care that much. No one gets my actual schizophrenic humour though. Our mental illness is exploding; we have the highest rates of autism and schizophrenia diagnosis, which is pretty funny. I don’t know if health professionals are over-diagnosing it.
>There will always be those who read, but it will become an increasingly elite few as the century progresses would be my guess.
That’s a good thing. From what I’ve read of Antiquity, Medieval, Viking, Elizabethan, and Modernist texts, it seemed better when it was an elite caste of poets and readers. Penguin and its American wing, New American Library, popularised Homer too much in my opinion… now we have shitty prose translations by women.

It is it's much too broad, it holds for a group like the baby boomers, but there are so many variables that generational theory really tells you nothing.

From my experience, it's been pretty accurate. I can tell what someone will be like from their age, just like how I can tell what someone will be like by their looks.

Yeah no shit. Turns out physiognomy is actually real.

I was born in 2003 and I like reading.

Americans can do whatever they want, but I saw this shit imported in my country recently. Keep this divisive shit away from us.

I'm gen Z and I read a lot of Evola and Guenon last year, now it is various Greeks, Plutarch, and other more esoteric stuff. The last fiction I read was American Psycho, which was enjoyable but I don't really like fiction now.

>Plutarch, and other more esoteric stuff
Since when is Plutarch "esoteric"?

This discord servers he was groomed in talk exclusively about it.

You sound like you're double digit IQ

>sound
Nice projection, nigger.

Morals is esoteric.

>Morals is esoteric

These are the people that post on lit…
It’s so fucking over…

My nephew reads greeks and thomas mann+poetry. He has a gf and smokes weed.

You wouldn't know one way or the other.

ok

Most ancient writings have an esoteric dimension provided you know how to read them. Do you think mythology was just bedtime stories for children?

I may have 2 digit IQ... in the octadecimal system!

I'm 20 and I've been reading more Carl Jung and like this user saidmore Evola lately. For years I've really enjoyed reading authors like Aleister Crowley, Israel Regardie, Alan Watts, Timothy Leary, Terence McKenna, Dennis McKenna, Neville Goddard, and a lot of the Greeks. My favorite reads are different culture's ideas of metaphysics and religion, such as the tanakh and the vedas. Its what inspired me to learn Biblical Hebrew as my third language. Next I want to learn Greek. I am not surprised that there is always a faggy "zoomer" thread on this board although I am a little disappointed

Have you read Evola's intro to magic or his work on Hermeticism? what did you think of it? quite different from Jung's interpretation of Alchemy, and there is a "scathing critique" of Jung in ItM 3.

Locke and Kant are good read.

>Our mental illness is exploding
Don't listen to them

I read a lot of Wikipedia, and when if I'm not reading Wikipedia, I'm reading an ancient text or a modern commentary.

"Esoteric" should be defined "provoking interest [as in a puzzle box]"

Similar to how the word "Erotic" means "provoke desire."

How to most Yea Forums guys define "esoteric?"

You make me feel so young
You make me feel like Spring has sprung

just because erotic also starts with an e doesnt mean you can just make up the definition to esoteric

>skips all of Medieval Philosophy
>decided to go straight to the Enlightenment thinkers
>I started with Descartes
>I plan on reading Kant's prolegomena afterwards
Go back nigger

>morals is esoteric
This is grammatically incorrect you dumb gorilla nigger.