Which books would be most helpful to read after a psychedelic experience in order to integrate it properly?

Which books would be most helpful to read after a psychedelic experience in order to integrate it properly?
I'm guessing Jung might be good, but I've only read Man and His Symbols.

Attached: 1630938352103.jpg (1125x1125, 172.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameral_mentality
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gravity's Rainbow

Idris Elba

Why?

Kinda depends on your spiritual belief at the time but unironically the early Patristic fathers and Buddhism both help.

Did you see the afterlife where all souls are one simultaneously and eternal?

I will be having the trip in a few days actually, making sure to set a good environment and all that. I'm just asking in advance.

Seriously make sure you read the Gospels. Pic rel

Attached: 1651586030891.png (1200x1941, 620.43K)

I've read them already, but I'm not christian.

All good - you don't necessarily need to believe. I didn't truly believe until my trip. Make sure you've practiced forgiveness or bodhi-satva. At that point you can start breaking through.

maybe read genesis again
adam and eve
always remember its adam and eve
not something else

You're right about Jung. Terrence McKenna rode his cock.

Lul

>forgiveness
What about Metta?

A good next step into Jung is Memories, Dreams, Reflections

Been down this road and the answer I wish I knew at the time was Campbell's Power of Myth
That's spooky actually since I did literally see Sumerian and Egyptian (mostly Sumerian) imagery as well as RGB. It's the first time I heard about that aside from me

What's wrong with Sumerian and Egyptian stuff? Biblical myths were inspired from it anyway.

I enjoyed Tao Lin's 'Trip' a lot even though he is kind of a crank at this point. I was never that into drugs beyond weed and booze and I'm not as into psychedelics these days but I could relate to his journey with them a lot, and I appreciated how personal it is. And while he *is* a crank (even beyond the antivax stuff, he doesn't talk about it in the book but he believes in free energy devices and alien conspiracy theories, etc.) some of the stuff about food and alternative medicine was pretty compelling, he does a good job integrating his various interests into a cohesive work even if it comes across as kind of stoner-rambley in the same way that Terance McKenna does.

'The Doors of Perception' and 'Heaven and Hell' are classics, though if you've taken psychedelics you sort of get the point already. 'The Teachings of Don Juan' is interesting even though it was probably made up. 'Plants of the Gods' is more of an anthropological/scientific work, but interesting if you want to learn more about psychedelic plants and the cultures that use them.

Ultimately, though, you should just follow whatever line of thinking you pursue in your trip. I usually end up thinking a lot about whatever I've been interested in around the time of the trip and it usually helps me synthesize ideas and carry them in new directions.

Joseph Campbell

Why would you frame your trip in some preconceived framework of assumptions instead of taking it as is, seems like a complete waste

Isn't he Jung lite

The fact that people on this board seriously continue to discuss Jung as if his entire ideology isn't plucked from thin air goes to show how garbage the majority of recommendations are here. There's plenty of good recommendations but for every 1 out of 10 good ones you get 10 JP incel fans or people like OP talking about long debunked trash. Jungian psychology is essentially horoscopes, like the Myer's Briggs bs and it's substantiated by...nothing. It's had a massive cultural impact but that's about it. Journaling or reading James Campbell will probably do you massively better than any jungian bullshit OP.

Attached: 68 - dark depression despair doom textless void wojak.jpg (482x427, 50.51K)

Attached: 43FFF9EE-CC06-45BE-BC78-1ED4C05A8A37.jpg (4032x3024, 2.36M)

Jung wrote on metaphysics

annoying

Attached: CF5C0AE4-296F-45FC-92E9-CE7EE51A1FB3.jpg (3024x4032, 2.29M)

You mean Joseph Campbell?

Once felt the same. Keep at it user

Attached: 5106 - d4954f1b23076ace6dc9a573cf77f2a3.jpg (948x1121, 118.29K)

The Upanishads.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameral_mentality

>The book addresses the problematic nature of consciousness – “the ability to introspect” – which in Jaynes’ view must be distinguished from sensory awareness and other processes of cognition.

>Jaynes presents his proposed solution: that consciousness is a “learned behavior” based more on language and culture than on biology; this solution, in turn, points to the origin of consciousness in ancient human history rather than in metaphysical or evolutionary processes; furthermore, archaeological and historical evidence indicates that prior to the “learning” of consciousness, human mentality was what Jaynes called "the bicameral mind" – a mentality based on verbal hallucination.

>Jaynes wrote an extensive afterword for the 1990 edition of his book, in which he addressed criticisms and clarified that his theory has four separate hypotheses: consciousness is based on and accessed by language; the non-conscious bicameral mind is based on verbal hallucinations; the breakdown of bicameral mind precedes consciousness, but the dating is variable; the 'double brain' of bicamerality is not today's functional lateralization of the cerebral hemispheres. He also expanded on the impact of consciousness on imagination and memory, notions of The Self, emotions, anxiety, guilt, and sexuality.

Attached: julian-jaynes-neurological-model.jpg (494x307, 17.2K)

Forgot the name of the book.

"The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind"

Attached: 1651407100234 (1).png (479x635, 119.97K)

based

I've been around a lot of psychedelics. Every "big" psychedelic experience I've had to do with has had one of three outcomes.

1.) Someone who was already a really good person, curious about the world, continues to be good and curious about the world, but ascribes some incommunicable importance to the psychedelic experience. No outward change is notable.
2.) Some shithead either continues to be a shithead to the same degree, or thinks they're got a spark of enlightenment and becomes even more of a shithead
3.) First psychotic break -> Bipolar I or Schizophrenia diagnosis within 5 years.

It's illusion at best and blasphemous idolatry at worst. At best people "get away" with it, at worst they go into a spiral of heavy drug use and/or severe mental illness

I used to be really gungho about them too but I know better now.

A sketch book

This, kek

Trainspotting

Yeah meant to say Joseph Campbell
more reason to not waste time with the quack.

Damn sorry to hear, don't have that problem in my group at all.

>blasphemous idolatry
Thanks for letting me know I shouldn't take your post seriously

Based metaphysical quietist

Bump

Symbols are cool but heaven is cooler. Sort of like the difference between a cave painting and high Renaissance art or something

What a stupid post

Jung is a great bet. Try some longer essays on the process of individuation or better yet a book like psychology and alchemy. Aion is also what you’re looking for but PaA is basically required reading for the latter.

Attached: C99562CB-0454-4360-A6C6-7A8C97EE35F6.jpg (1080x609, 92.97K)

Posts like this tend to upset the druggies.
Psychedelic users create nothing of worth from their experiences. Maybe some cool art.. That's it.
Vague ideas that are oh so deep, trite stonerisms, they seem to pulled into the idea that personal experience is a universal truth.. Not to mention the spiritual delusions (bro i totally felt like a god).
I ask any psych user to show me any worthwhile work written by a psych junkie. Terrence McKenna or Allan Watts lmfao don't make me piss myself laughing.

Attached: 9780393065671.jpg (1000x1325, 83.68K)

Jung was critical of psychedelics and I'd imagine he'd be quote against the 60s movement and what ever the fuck psychedelic cultures has degenerated into now.

>substantiated

Why are you asking to substantiate the transcendental? Why do you recommend Campbell when he is the biggest Jung fanboy? If you're looking for substance when talking about the unconscious mind or the transcendental you're just going to find Achilles and the Tortoise. If you're looking for efficacy Jung opens the world to you like a flower.

Attached: LiT_01.jpg (853x461, 137.11K)

>First psychotic break -> Bipolar I or Schizophrenia diagnosis within 5 years.
This is a good thing though

>Posts like this tend to upset
Not really. It's just wrong.

Bump

The Kybalion.

BASED

The New Earth
The Perennial Philosophy

The Doors of Perception - Huxley
A New Artificial Paradise - Havelock Ellis
The Psychedelic Experience - Timothy Leary
TIHTKAL - Alexander Shulgin
Articulations: On The Utilisation and Meanings of Psychedelics - Palmer

Attached: 1647614645770.png (447x378, 11.3K)

Look into perennialism

Which kind?

bump

Bump

Huxley’s ‘The Perennial Philosophy’ is babies first tldr intro to perennialism

Guenon’s books are for the more serious reader, but its okay to start with Huxley’s

Love is good but love with the recognition and transcendence of sin is the best.
Yep welcome to seeing reality.
You've misread the ends. The goal of pic rel is ti see heaven not to modify a trip.
Cool recommendation!

Nah it's categorically different.

>The Doors of Perception - Huxley

Why do people like this book? It reads like reddit's first trip report. There's maybe five pages of Huxley actually describing his experience. And the rest of the book is just him pontificating stuff like 'dude was his angels were desert trips lmao'

Reading books will PREVENT integration. Integration is not acquiring 1000 lenses to study and compartmentalize your experience with. It’s sitting in silence, with a genuine intent to see what is important… And to move into that, and never come out of it again. And to do so with the understanding that it is almost beyond your ability to do so. That it takes a miracle to succeed. You will forget and go back to sleep. And you will be stuck in an endless cycle of remembering what’s important, and forgetting it again. And becoming more and more complacent and accepting of forgetting it. To move into the truth and never come out of it again requires your devotion. To stay inside of it and not lose it during your day. And to not distract yourself from it by reading a bunch of new books. There’s nothing in those books you need to know.