Open bible

>open bible
>magic fruit and talking snakes in the first few pages
Were wars really fought over this?

Attached: proxy-image-28.jpg (1200x1200, 165.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C16eiQH06RE
lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v28/n20/terry-eagleton/lunging-flailing-mispunching
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Were wars really fought over this?
Not really, no.

Attached: 1d2dd2aff944499d0be0b7eeed2b082b.jpg (563x1020, 64.46K)

Attached: proxy-image-5.png (785x788, 331.95K)

>denies the crusades
user….

>violent political entity conquers your territory over the course of centuries and slaughters your people
>you respond to this casus belli
>therefore, this war had nothing to do with politics or self-defense and instead centered around a book
You should stop being ignorant about history and stop being irrational with your atheism meme ideology.

People are fucking stupid trash.

Yes, and now we also have people who dislike symbolism and subtle nuances in favor of "prose"

Attached: 7f3611d60c269f57831de3441cae21fa.jpg (390x310, 30.41K)

>Muslim conquest of Jerusalem 637
>Crusader conquest of Jerusalem 1099
Kind of a big delay there.

yep, and all you fags who can't understand metaphors are gonna be put to the sword

>It's just a metaphor
Ancient christcucks took it literally

>It's all literally true
Science points out that it's full of ridiculous nonsense
>It's all metaphors

>It's all metaphors
Besides God. All the stupid magic shit is a metaphor besides the sky daddy. He literally exists.

>2022
>atheists still acting like it's 2007
Grow up already. The atheism fad died a decade ago.

Yeah and they were partially wrong by doing so, but they were also partially correct because when you take Genesis' opening chapters literally you also accept it symbolically by doing so, since the idea of the original sin and the resulting realization of sin and imperfection in humanity is realized whether you take it literally or symbolically

Lmfao, you Christians are fucking hilarious, the hoops you'll jump through to continue believing!

People died over ancient schizo fairytales...

Next you be telling me God is three people but also one person and also a ghost. Wooooo!

What hoops? You're the one with the irrational and unintelligible position to defend.

>irrational and unintelligible
You must be confused. I'm not a christian

Well, what if I'm wrong, I mean — anybody could be wrong. We could all be wrong about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and the pink unicorn and the flying teapot. You happen to have been brought up, I would presume, in a Christian faith. You know what it's like to not believe in a particular faith because you're not a Muslim. You're not a Hindu. Why aren't you a Hindu? Because you happen to have been brought up in America, not in India. If you had been brought up in India, you'd be a Hindu. If you had been brought up in Denmark in the time of the Vikings, you'd be believing in Wotan and Thor. If you were brought up in classical Greece, you'd be believing in Zeus. If you were brought up in central Africa, you'd be believing in the great Juju up the mountain. There's no particular reason to pick on the Judeo-Christian god, in which by the sheerest accident you happen to have been brought up and ask me the question, "What if I'm wrong?"

Right, which is why your position is irrational. Fundamentalist atheists and fundamentalist protestants are the same exact people.

>your position is irrational
I don't know why you keep insisting I'm a christian.

i'm not religious but man, the bible is the greatest book ever written. it's basically a highly schizophrenic power fantasy with tons of unintentional comedy and really great metaphors.

AAAAA TEH BIBLE IS JUST LIKE MY JAPANESE ANIME, POWER FANTASY, ARCS, KINO

Attached: Holbein%2C_Hans_%28II%29_-_Erasmus_-_National_Gallery.jpg (3232x4605, 3.44M)

It is also time to put to rest the mistakes and assumptions that lie behind a phrase used by some religious people when talking of those who are plain-spoken about their disbelief in any religious claims: the phrase “fundamentalist atheist.” What would a non-fundamentalist atheist be? Would he be someone who believed only somewhat that there are no supernatural entities in the universe—perhaps that there is only part of a god (a divine foot, say, or buttock)? Or that gods exist only some of the time—say, Wednesdays and Saturdays? (That would not be so strange: for many unthinking quasi-theists, a god exists only on Sundays.) Or might it be that a non-fundamentalist atheist is one who does not mind that other people hold profoundly false and primitive beliefs about the universe, on the basis of which they have spent centuries mass-murdering other people who do not hold exactly the same false and primitive beliefs as themselves—and still do?
-A. C. GRAYLING

No, I'm insisting that you've spent the last 15 years in middle school and haven't gotten over your fad. Grow up and join the rest of us rational people in worshipping the Lord instead of shoving fruit up your bum. Science proved God centuries ago and you're so uneducated that you haven't realized it.

>you've spent the last 15 years in middle school and haven't gotten over your fad.
For the last time, I'm not a christian.

yes

remember when your deity murdered 42 children with bears?

>christcucks
>Rational

Literal preprogrammed responses.

>literal preprogrammed responses
>says the christcuck

I grew up in Sweden, which is majority atheist and yet I'm a christian. Why is that? And I'm orthodox too, 1.4% of swedes are orthodox. So how do you explain that?

The duality of man

Attached: 1643155527606.png (112x112, 21.62K)

Are your parents orthodox?

Statistically, only a select small portion of the planet is retarded.

>Bible is metaphors when it suits me but real metaphysics too!
Then why isn't Yeshua just a metaphor?

Both of my parents are atheists, not hardcore just typical liberal parents

post-trump /pol/ raised you

Now you're thinking with portals

Attached: 71OFCJJxbjL._AC_UX385_ (1).jpg (385x363, 22.02K)

Because you're a pathetic Yea Forums contrarian larper who tries to make up your lack of any life accomplishment as being because of le modernism so you made up a fake religious persona to cope.

I see, so you weren’t indoctrinated… very well then.

I love my family, my girlfriend, my studies and my God

ok, this is bait.

>love my family
"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."
>my girlfriend
"But I say to you, that whosoever shall look on a woman to lust after her, hath already committed adultery with her in his heart"
>my studies
"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain."
>my God
Yes, you love "your" God, one that you invented and call God, but isn't, because if you believed in God, you wouldn't have set up these countless idols before him. Stop living in sin, abandon your vanities, and repent.

>it is impossible to be happy and have purpose in life
my friend, i think the larper who tries to make up for his lack of any life accomplishment is you... I will pray for you tonight

youtube.com/watch?v=C16eiQH06RE

Can you think symbollically?

Larper BTFO

In muslim sources they werent even aware that something like a crusade was happening, in their eyes they just fought invading Franks
Same for the Europeans, they just went on armed pilgrimages
Also, if you really want to claim that, they didnt fight over the Old Testament

The problem with these reddit tier atheists is that they are uneducated, so they cant for example appreciate the human suffering expressed in the psalms and its poetic language or lets say the historical context of one of the more boring books.

>took it literally
Is this really what they teach kids nowadays? I remember when Augustines Confessions were a precondition for posting here

Attached: oil-Saint-Augustine-canvas-Philippe-de-Champaigne.jpg (690x388, 46.87K)

lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v28/n20/terry-eagleton/lunging-flailing-mispunching
Worth a read, this might be the best analysis of the reddit atheist mindset

>If you had been brought up in India, you'd be a Hindu. If you had been brought up in Denmark in the time of the Vikings, you'd be believing in Wotan and Thor. If you were brought up in classical Greece, you'd be believing in Zeus. If you were brought up in central Africa, you'd be believing in the great Juju up the mountain.
Dam this is do reddit tier.

1. India has several faiths including Islam, now nor only is it a multireligious society, but Hinduism is just a catch all term for several different dharmic schools.

2. If you lived during the time of the vikings, you most likely would not belief in Odin because he would be the god of the warrior class.

3. The Greeks all had their local pantheon, again depending on your polis and rung on the ladder, your day to day religion night be very different.

4. "Juju up da mountain" heck yeah, such reddit. Most tribal people have a loose concept of tabu or the supernatural that doesnt get seperated from nature.

Thank you for this. A good read although most of the points I already gathered just from listening to the Richard Dawkins type folk.

Nice article, but its focus is on the intellectual arguments, while I experience reddit atheists and creationist baptists as essentially children who focus on le talkin snek and le splity moan, because their minds do not have the maturity for deeper emotions and self refelection, so they read the Bible purely like saturday morning cartoons.

The metaphors are retarded and made ambiguous so people can say the Bible is G*ds work you just don't understand, if you applied the level of mental gymnastics' brainpower used on Abrahamism onto literally anything else you would actually contribute to society.
>ohh the stroke that turned a wise non believer into a believer is actually a metaphor for how much smarter God is and how demons actually hurt you if you think youre smart because you dont believe and how God really loves you and lets you love him especially if youre retarded

Do you read poetry as a hobby?

>no

I didnt think so.

Did you happen to read a great many internet posts about orthodoxy and/or catholicism? That counts too.

>2. If you lived during the time of the vikings, you most likely would not belief in Odin because he would be the god of the warrior class.
What are you talking about? Do you think Odin was exclusively known by mystery cults? You can believe in something without worshiping it.

>You can believe in something without worshiping it.
Belief is literally a Christian concept and your definition of it is a bizar one at that, for example a Christian would say Apollo is just a demon, an citizen of Athens would accept a Pazuzu as just the local version of Athena. Does the concept of belief now make sense, no it doesnt.