Writing in a book is brainlet savage behavior

writing in a book is brainlet savage behavior

Attached: margin3_jpg.jpg (653x540, 458.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/20335300#p20335606
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

women do this

Imagine annotating a fucking Stephen King book.

I want to buy used books with previous owner's inscriptions. I like it for some reason especially when the book was a gift and it mentions names.

More proof that lit doesn't read

Elaborate, how writing on a book is a good practice? I read a lot and I don't write on books, I write on a notebook and to text files

i can read better than any woman that does retarded scribbling on books

Literary soul

Attached: a0f.jpg (641x530, 31.26K)

it helps me to understand it

Attached: 1645259768037.png (1500x2000, 3.19M)

shakespeare did it

and also to find the meaning of some obscure words

Attached: 1635001217196.png (1500x2000, 2.15M)

it's taught to you in school

and basically op is a fool for not doing it

Attached: 1627501952419.png (1350x1800, 1.11M)

>obscure words
>whetstone

Attached: 6dBt2Oj.jpg (251x242, 15.4K)

Why are you reading Horace in English lmao?
Can someone explain the point of reading translated poetry? Surely you're only going to get a fraction of the poems total meaning?

>Surely you're only going to get a fraction of the poems total meaning?
No.

>If you can't extract every single drop of context and meaning from the text it's pointless to read it
I don't even read English works like this so I don't see why it would bother me.

English is a superior language

because I don't know greek

user...

I'm reading a book where the previous owner made a mark in the margin every time they needed to look up a word in a line and it appears we have almost the same vocabulary. It feels kinda nice

Attached: 1465662922127.png (514x480, 6.52K)

It's a lot easier to underline something that you think is important then to copy down the whole line on a computer.

Women don't read philosophy

>t. Latinlets
I can understand translated fiction but translated poetry is a crime. There is no effort to replicate meter. The literary illusions embedded within the poem are now buried even deeper. You can't pick up on the author's word play (in Latin this is especially important) or the particular grammatical constructions.
The hidden allusions and carefully set out structure is vandalised for the sake of a lazy monolingual pleb. You're not reading a poem, you're reading a mockery of a poem.

>to read a book you must deface it with pen
outside of making notes for an essay or report, scribbling all over a book like a child is not required to read

Attached: 1579983414582.jpg (447x444, 15.73K)

Attached: 1647817807190.jpg (222x227, 4.4K)

alright you fools now give me the meaning of wheatstone without looking it up.

Astonished at this.

Attached: 1648033200196.gif (352x199, 2.87M)

where's the definition, cunt? Note that it's wheAtstone, with an A, and not whetstone as in

is there no overlap here with /ck/ niggas?

Attached: 1492042503673.jpg (600x600, 143K)

did you have no interest in medieval weapons as a child/angsty teen? did you never learn how to cook?

I looked it up and I don't think wheatstone has anything to do with wheat or /ck/ at all. It's: "a bridge used to measure resistances."
I Also found:
in the archives (picrel.) I think we've been baited lads. The original was just an user asking:
>Anybody else buy their college books used and have this shit all over it? BRB getting my classical oxfords from college out.

Attached: 1647199274843.png (531x393, 101.79K)

warosu.org/lit/thread/20335300#p20335606

Agreed. It' subhuman. Use a notebook before defacing a perfectly fine book with your primitive apelike scratch marks that feign to pass as handwriting .

Attached: Girls.jpg (600x536, 80.54K)

I do depending on why I'm reading the book in the first place. If I'm going to be writing a report/essay then I underline and label sections I find relevant. If I'm reading for pleasure then I'll only mark sections I want to revisit at a later point so I can move on and not get stuck in a thought loop

there is no wheatstone one can imagine to measure this count of seethe

a whetstone is definitely for sharpening blades and thats what was in the image, a wheatstone I'll admit idk the definition
we've been successfully baited anyway

it's worst to remember or use it so you're acting like a retard, bless

Notice that only Anglos tend to underline and circle words.

Attached: 1633815091773.gif (420x420, 87.52K)

As a muslim we were taught to not abuse books, and there are strict rules for how we are to handle the Quran. In my mind writing on a book would be like writing on the Quran, its just wrong. Any christians/jews/hindus/buddhists have a similar experience?

If you’re not reading with a pen in hand then you’re not reading, period.

This goes especially for philosophy

Stick with watching tv or something if you don’t want to make the effort

>taking notes
nigga, why do you think god gave you this thing called memory? if you don't train it and just rely on writing it out without having to think shortly and search in your memory you'll always stay a brainlet.
harold bloom also said that memorzing is far superior to taking notes btw...

Because you’re all mindless drones

Abuse your first book, let it be the Quran, you cuckshit faggot

Many Protestant bibles are made to be scribbled all over. Anyone who does this and sticks with their studies will look back and cringe. Anything written in a bible can be written in a notebook. However I do write in plays.

since when easier=better? i dont underline because of respect for the author and the next reader: if they read a previously underlined, annoted or any other form of the reader's ideas printing, they will be unnecessarily influenced by it

>because of respect for the author and the next reader

Attached: CEBD12F6-0059-4BDB-AC3F-0DEED07C0BC2.jpg (235x308, 16.94K)

no, christians write all over their bibles. we have the personal bibles of aristocrats and famous writers like shakespeare and they're filled with underlinings and annotations.

I use post it notes. Combined bookmark + note taking surface.

seems girly

I mean if the book is from a library then you shouldn't mark in it, if you bought it then go ahead and do whatever you want.

Don't care.

>we have the personal bibles of aristocrats and famous writers like shakespeare
I'm pretty sure we don't have Shakespeare's Bible.

Are they color coded to reflect how you FELT when you read the passage, user?

I do, and you can have it for 400 thousand Australian dollarydoos or 60 USD

fucking savage

Writing in a book is a smoothbrain action.
If you want to take notes, do it in a separate notebook faggot.

Attached: 1598861663678.jpg (436x436, 93.84K)

If you have to underline "important parts", that implies that there are parts of the book that are unimportant, and you probably shouldn't be wasting your time reading it in the first place.

aye go on then

You are a complete victim. You are a complete slave.