Do you agree with this?

Attached: 1642690296863.jpg (2560x1440, 600.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/unironically
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I unironically don't give a fuck

Imagine believing that this was unironically posted.

>'In most cases, the meaning of a word is its use', Wittgenstein claimed.

>prescriptivism
Unironically kinda retarded tho

Attached: 1612718161183.gif (1280x720, 294.87K)

I didn't ask sweetheart

based

dictionary.com/browse/unironically

It's in most dictionaries.

A Google Books search for unironically finds a small swarm of early occurrences in the period 1921-1923. From Arnold Bennett, "Mr. Prohack," in The Delineator (November 1921):
>"You will get used to it, Arthur," said Sir Paul indulgently but not unironically. "You're in a nervous state and your judgment's warped. Now, I never even heard your famous clock strike ten."
From Edmund Blunden, The Bonadventure: A Random Journal of an Atlantic Holiday (1923):
>the keynote of which was in the unironically meant remark: "He was darned religious, but he was a darned good man."
And from Richard Curle, Into the East: Notes on Burma and Malaya (1923):
>The town [Singapore], like a camel in the desert, was living on its hump, was living on hope. Its huge fabric reminded one unironically of a whited sepulchre;

tldr
Unironically go read more books dumbass.

Attached: 0Tf2UMF.jpg (1280x720, 197.66K)

the OP is literally a question you retard

>mfw OP goes full autist with literally retarded prescriptive grammer and shitty etymology instead of understanding what the use of the term "unironically" unironically ironically says about the zeitgeist

Attached: dfw1.png (368x396, 203.05K)

>"Make America Great Again" is an ironic statement
Stopped reading right there.

this but unironically

>dictionary.com
lmao

>dictionary.com

Yikes.

BOOM

Attached: 1649139616632.jpg (735x987, 86.74K)

yet post-sincerity non-meta-ironically not this

Unironically, who unironically even gives a fuck? There are unironically worse examples that people unironically use every day.

Unironically.

this nigga is way behind on the meta

> (OP)
>>prescriptivism
>Unironically kinda retarded tho

Attached: 1647917768010.png (1280x854, 459.4K)

your image violates the law of the excluded middle though

>dictionary.com/browse/unironically
>
>It's in most dictionaries.
>
>A Google Books search for unironically finds a small swarm of early occurrences in the period 1921-1923. From Arnold Bennett, "Mr. Prohack," in The Delineator (November 1921):
>>"You will get used to it, Arthur," said Sir Paul indulgently but not unironically. "You're in a nervous state and your judgment's warped. Now, I never even heard your famous clock strike ten."
>From Edmund Blunden, The Bonadventure: A Random Journal of an Atlantic Holiday (1923):
>>the keynote of which was in the unironically meant remark: "He was darned religious, but he was a darned good man."
>And from Richard Curle, Into the East: Notes on Burma and Malaya (1923):
>>The town [Singapore], like a camel in the desert, was living on its hump, was living on hope. Its huge fabric reminded one unironically of a whited sepulchre;
>
>tldr
>Unironically go read more books dumbass.

Attached: 1631374603850.png (674x1072, 514.71K)

huh whats wrong

Metasincerely ironically this

Same. Why are they like this?

this so much this truly this is this this this

Your prescriptions

Attached: 1651430633808.png (622x622, 770.07K)

I add prefixes and suffixes whenever I feel like it, honestly. It's no concern of mine whether or not it has an established meaning. It is ultimately inconsequential to me whether that word has been used before by another.

>inside is unyellow :)

Attached: inside is yellow.jpg (616x674, 171.18K)

The posts definition is embarrassingly limited.

"Unironically" is a post modern term used in a specific cultural context. It's use implies a requirement to rebuke what may be perceived as use of irony in statement without it as a qualifier.

We invent words to suit our needs all the time. In these incredulous times, "unironically" is apt. Stop pretending the dictionary is a holy book.

For real on God? No cap.

Attached: 1627580641133.png (1550x943, 1.07M)

I'd rather not be nagged about word choice, thanks. As if years of english classes that would've been better spent just reading weren't already enough.

>ironically is the opposite of literally
figuratively go fuck yourself

That cringes, unununununironically

this is the most autistic thread on this board

This is the best thread UNIRONICALLY

Unironically no.

Attached: R (49).jpg (1024x699, 137.81K)

>nothing can be uninside, just as something can't be unincongruous.
Uh, outside. Congruous. Pretty simple concept, really (and yellow has nothing to do with either).
>inironically
This can't be serious.

As predictable as Reddit.

>
>
>
>As predictable as Reddit.

Attached: 1631548652902.png (600x966, 173.83K)

The English "language" is a joke. At least other languages like French set actual standards for what is and isn't a word.

Attached: French_Institute,_Paris_2014_002.jpg (800x1333, 270.51K)

OP is not an unfaggot

very reddit, all this

It means although it sounds like an irony, it's not. Not only you should take the assertion literally, you're stressing the fact that although you might be tempted to take it ironically, you really should not.

Also fuck off, imaginable is of latin origin and we say unimaginable. That's just one example off the top of my head, I came up with it in 0.25 seconds.

Don't @ at me
/thread

Layers of unironic irony.

Both of your examples aren't ironic
1/10 bait

English is unironically the greatest language in the history of mankind.

Attached: ivotrfhnr3g01.png (2518x1304, 286.25K)

vraiment

Attached: rg17.png (690x518, 223.66K)

Language is a spook.

>English: extremely diverse dialects
>French: barely any dialects
Are you retarded?
Confirmed for knowing absolutely nothing about French. How fucking embarassing.

Didn't ask

so embarrassing knowing nothing about french!

This but post-ironically

Unironically false. The idea is to imply that the audience anticipates that you are so full of shit, they will automatically assume whatever you say is complete bullshit. To affirm that you are serious, you tell them "unironically". But that's where the irony comes in, because in actual fact, you ARE full of shit and trying to get them to fall for it regardless of their original suspicions. Unironically

Unironically yes.

Whoever made that is unironically less than 100IQ

ask any prescriptivist to prove the ultimate authority of whatever semantic/grammatical rules they're advocating for, and watch them shit their pants

Attached: 1_CIjxfX_1Xk_ts763BA39MQ.jpg (1400x933, 168.53K)

>the ultimate authority of whatever semantic/grammatical rules they're advocating for

My own personal taste and aesthetic sense.

That's not capable of being a rule for all though, because anyone can oppose their own personal taste and aesthetic sense.

although I agree, is still based

They can, but they're wrong.

Absolutely bodied.

Attached: 1650833026424.jpg (720x671, 20.95K)

English has a retarded grammatical structure and a million loan words that clash aesthetically. The lack of subtlety, ambiguity, wordplay, and efficient communication makes the language shit tier for writing literature and philosophy