What are you reading currently?

What are you reading currently?

Attached: 1651908534298.jpg (474x632, 54.04K)

Just started Nostromo by Joseph Conrad.
I don't like books that start with 90000 pages of descriptions. I don't even know what the book is about, i don't care about the shape of a fucking island. Fucking retardation.

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. Really enjoying it so far and nearly finished. Read Steppenwolf so many years ago I've forgotten the plot but I remembered that I enjoyed it quite a lot. Would recommend Siddhartha to anyone that feels lost and at a crossroads in their life.

Don Quixote in the read along
Master and commander

The Hobbit although I read like 20 pages a day and I don’t really read books too often. I do like visiting and lurking on Yea Forums from time to time but never post here so.

Attached: 097C9790-5E91-48B4-9481-B9DA3ADAD077.jpg (1920x1080, 583.83K)

Das Kapital
The Plague

Rn I'm reading these words as I'm typing them out, and just before that I was looking at your post. The cat is cute, ty for posting it.

As for books, I try to keep away from them.

I've started Das Boot by Lother-Günther Buchheim and The Charioteer by Mary Renault. Still undecided which to continue first. I like the language in Das Boot and have watched the film a dozen times, so that one, probably.

Jew

The Bible (just started yesterday, genesis 29)
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
also have Invisible Cities by Calvino here but i don't think i can handle more than two books at once

Last night I finished Portrait of the Artist. God damn, Joyce can write a sentence. Tonight I'm starting on Anna Karenina.

Checked and baste

Just finished crime and punishment
Started robinson crusoe
Will start the kalevala when it arrives
Also bought a book of every painting by van gogh so I'm gonna bite off my own ear and read that too

Same here, that book was a bit of a drag sometimes but read it in 3 days nevertheless
I liked how characters especially evil ones acted more logically in it than in movies and plot is more consistent but still when it comes to moral message movies done it right and entertainment-wise they're much better.
It's a shame hollywood doesn't adapt books faithfully even if they have budget for 3 3-hour movies in which they could cover literally every line in the book. If that were the case there would be no reason to read them.

„To Have or to Be?“ by Erich Fromm

I like mystics but man some of his arguments are circular as hell.
Also he believes in Hegel lol

Alfabeti, Magris
Quixote, Cervantes

Eli Manning: Making a Quarterback. It's good. Next I will read Heir to the Empire

Attached: 3301_Firefox.jpg (1044x615, 452.11K)

Wait, you guys actually read?

Attached: E37CCC6C-8CE9-46D8-82BF-C5385968A58F.jpg (512x184, 8.58K)

Attached: C5918593-918B-4CF8-926C-9102CAD3A8C1.jpg (333x499, 25.72K)

The Goshawk by TH White and Hellenika by Xenophon

Almost done. Hopefully gone finish today.

Attached: 20A09B01-55AF-4D3A-BD83-B2B0CD9FB91F.jpg (1556x2400, 991.68K)

Dracula
Apollodorus' Library of Greek Mythology

Justine by The Marquis de Sade, one of the best books I've read from a literary standpoint. I'll probably pick up 120 Days of Sodom some time soon.
Anyone have any recs for books that match The Marquis de Sade's elegance? I've been looking for more but can't see to find many.

Attached: IMG_8096.jpg (2788x882, 476.89K)

>Dracula
It sucks ass, doesnt it? The first act in draculas castle is good, but after that the quality drops off massively.

I fell for the Tao Lin meme and began reading "Leave society". It's without a doubt the laziest, stupidest, most narcissistic piece of writing I've ever read in my life. It is literally just his diary. Banal conversations with his parents he recorded over a period of four years and his obsession with "health". He's a Google doctor that constantly interrupts what little story there is to fill pages with pseudoscientific crap. He unironically believes in all that new agey stuff about ancient civilizations, female worship etc etc. At one point in the book, he and his girlfriend are fucking and she starts bleeding from her period and he licks it and calls it sacred and natural. For some fucking reason he and his mom don't talk about things, they email each other. They only make small talk irl. Anything else is communicated through email. Guy is a total retard. I'm so done with this. I'm at page 270 and I cannot take this anymore.

>videogame books
Finally I’ve found that guy who reads these. Explain yourself.

Middlemarch

>authenticity
The biggest meme in literature. Budget James Joyces with 1000 pages of navel gazing nothingness. If you can’t understand if it was even about anything that means it’s good. All those “woman goes on a self discovery journey and confronts her slut nature doing something incredibly mundane and this is a life lesson” belong on this trash heap also.

Authenticity is fine when you're an interesting person. Have your read any Robert Walser novels? They are great

I like video games and I like learning more about the world/characters.

Tao Te Ching :)

Attached: IMG20220507160849.jpg (3072x4096, 2.55M)

Reading Joyce thoroughly makes me acutely aware of how hard he strove to capture very specific feelings and epiphanies. It seems other people try to ape that but try to keep authorial distance and "let the feeling permeate the writing" or some fag shit.

Based
Read the Zhuangzi next (or Chuang Tzu, or whatever)

Augustine's Confessions

several short sentences about writing klinkenborg
it's a book on how to improve your writing

War and peace but I’ve been stuck in the middle for ages. Good book but I wish I could just move on already

Attached: 41eYjANUMOL._AC_SY780_.jpg (322x500, 19.55K)

Stone Junction by Jim Dodge

Joyce is a meme, read better books and stop being a pseud

Attached: 1651375329743.jpg (499x736, 62.37K)

He really isn't. Give me some recommendations.

fuck reading. watching tv series right now

>Three Body Problem.
Completely underwhelmed. Maybe it was better in the native Chinese, but the translator is also a well known scifi author so I doubt it. It felt I was reading a wikipedia summary of some videogame plot. Everyone just says exactly what they're thinking at all times

"Projective Methods" by Anzieu, and
"The Wandering Shadows" by Quignard

The service manual of my sewing machine.

The Misogynist's Guide to Torturing Small Animals, Chapter 9: Cats

The Book of Genesis
Daily flipping through Aesop's Fables
Recently finished Washington: A Life

then you have chosen the wrong author

just beginning scenes from provincial life by william cooper.
i've never heard it/him mentioned except by two of my favourite writers (kingsley amis and p larkin) in their letters which is really the sort of thing i'm looking for

Starship Troopers.
It’s fantastic. I’m going to read The Moon is a Harsh Mistress next. It’s easy to see why Heinlein is considered one of the great SF authors; he’s brilliant.

The Road. It's the first McCarthy I'm reading. Liking the language so far.

Augustus by the stoner guy. Arrian’s account of Alexander’s campaigns just arrived, I’ll read that next. I’m trying to read more inspiring books, any recommendations? I’ve got a book about Genghis Khan on my TBR.

the rules of attraction by Bret Easton ellis

Aristotle's Metaphysics.

>The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare
Very good so far. Funny and interesting.

Attached: signal-2022-05-07-161208_001.jpg (1200x1600, 168.59K)

Erewhon

Wait till you get to the end. One of the best endings ever.

the '100 years of american short stories' anthology edited by lorrie moore

good book. shame we can't quote the first four lines of that poem at the beginning out loud anymore
did you read the intro by kingsley?

Just started reading the hungarian translation of Infinite Just, translated by my hungarian waifu (pic related).
Maybe if I like it I will read the English version, but I prefer my mother language, would feel traitourus to our literary history and culture

Attached: FB_IMG_1651957488655.jpg (1028x1028, 104.34K)

I am the Monarch. Just some korean webnovel genrefic to skim before I fall asleep.

How do you know your right when you are too afraid to engage with the text?