Once you get gud at using mnemonic techniques and Anki memorizing anything becomes absolutely trivial...

Once you get gud at using mnemonic techniques and Anki memorizing anything becomes absolutely trivial. You could shove thousands of pieces of information into your skull in a few days if necessary and move on to the more interesting parts of learning like it was nothing.

Attached: 1640974692143.jpg (925x1076, 140.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_Shereshevsky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anki?

nta, but its flashcard software

>he doesn't use anki to memorize philosophy texts

Attached: 1630770387309.png (600x536, 552.17K)

is there a guide on how to use flashcards properly for maths ? i dont know anything about them

Its sounds very cool, please describe more of your method and what you can achieve with it

I break up each book I want to memorize into 4 sentence sections. I create a card with these on the front, and on the back I create a mnemonic with the first letter of each second word. Using the second word is important because it makes you really work for the retention. Using this technique I've memorized all of the Illiad, the Bible, Malazan book of the Fallen, a Geometry text book, and Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. I'm now preparing to start memorizing select Yea Forums and arXiv publications.

Attached: 1622633875276.jpg (700x867, 105.97K)

Assssheeeeit

You’ve really memorized the bible? How long have it took you?

>move on to the more interesting parts of learning
And what would those be?

Good job user. Try memorizing the mental math techniques and shorthand writing systems too

Attached: 1645136843137.jpg (1200x1190, 128.59K)

You don't. Start from first principles and work up, trying to memorize formula is missing the point.

no i woulnt be using it for this, i would use it for the demonstrations of course

Med-student-user here. We all do thousands of making cars per day. For memorization and maintenance, nothing beats it. Would like to try doing it for a foreign language.

*anki cards

And how exactly do you “get gud”? Anki is just rote memorization at the end of the day. It’s a grind. There’s no skill involved.

what is the point of memorization when you can just have easily accessible notes?

Meh, I learned kanji the same way I learned the periodic table of elements. By using it. Memorizing kanji is boring, so I just looked them up over and over and kept a little notebook while reading the honzuki wn until it stuck.

What is the purpose of memorizing philosophical texts? memorization =/ understanding

This. It's like remembering a word but not knowing the actual definition of it. Sooner or later you're going to use it in the wrong context.

Literally the best way to learn is by experience. If you don’t use something enough to actually remember it then it’s simply not worth remembering.

to what end

>implying remembering trivia is the problem
>ignoring the fact that all I seem to subject my memory to is useless bullshit like philosophy or discographies and album credits

Autism for autism's sake.

My cousin can read a whole textbook page in a few seconds and read it back by heart days later. I had her read my long ass electrician's bill when I redid the wiring in a house I inherited and she recalled it perfectly a week later (numbers too).
No amount of Anki meme, mnemonic techniques and Adderall will even let me approach her level.
I'll stick to what I can achieve, thank you very much. Comparison is the enemy of happiness

I don't believe you did this unless you automated your card making process.

The discipline and endurance needed for memorization is a skill. A highly valuable one that translates well to other areas.

What are you saying dude? Are you saying that you will still use anki or mnemonics because that's still achievable even if your cousin is better than you? Because that would be the logical conclusion reading your post

based khatzumoto getting Yea Forums

I'm saying that rather than become arrogant and pale imitation of the real deal I will wallow in my mediocrity. Nature > Nurture

Your cousin is either neurodivergent and impaired in other cognitive tasks (likely has the 'tism) or has mnemonic training you're not aware of. Normal people having natural prodigious memory is a myth, human memory is very consistent throughout decades of studies, despite the fact that on Yea Forums everyone think they're the exception.

>someone is better than me at thing so i won't do it at all
you'll go far in life

She isn't, she's a research doctor and used her skills to blast through higher education. She's autistic in the same meme way everyone on Yea Forums is autistic. She even managed to pop out two kids.

Where did I say that?
>you'll go far in life
I'm in no rush to die, I'll take a nap, you go ahead of me user.

You still had to go through spaced repetition, you just did it in a long, inefficient, counter-productive way.

How do you automate the card making process?

This is the most famous case study of a high-functioning person with a very advanced memory without any training:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_Shereshevsky
>The man, who would become known in the psychological literature as S., had been sent by his boss, a section editor at a Moscow newspaper where S. was a reporter. That morning, the editor had noticed that S. did not take any notes when the daily assignments were made. When he confronted S. about this, S. explained that he didn’t need to write anything down; he simply remembered. The editor picked up a newspaper and read at length from it, challenging S. to repeat everything back to him. When S. did so verbatim, the editor sent him to have his head examined.
According to you, your cousin can just casually do what this guy did, and without any concomitant psychological impairment, which would be even more impressive because Shereshevsky himself had a rare type of synesthesia that impaired him in other areas.

I've wondered before whether memorizing through Anki all literary terms and devices would allow me to make connections and think at a higher level, because we think in words(?) I suppose it would facilitate--if really thoroughly and effortlessly recalled wherein the concept and label are one and the same thing--an ability to to write, say, compelling fiction, almost effortlesly

I'm not sure it would be a substitute for talent, but I can see it easing the brainpower drain of writing.
Maybe memorizing a selection of quirks will lead to very derivative work, but we can argue about how much everything is derived till the cows come home.

I suppose it could only help; since it would at the very least do two important things: firstly that it would introduce you to ideas you hadn't imagined but which could be useful; and secondly it would allow you to think in a more nuts and bolts fashion, if we know a house needs a 'foundation', 'windows', 'a heating system', it would allow us to engineer and imagine the satisfactory house we want to build

>Once you get gud
It's all true

Attached: greenwizBAS.png (852x944, 178.99K)

>mnemonic techniques
which
>Anki memorizing
how?

this anki this has either become really popular or shilled here on Yea Forums
I'd like to try it, how do I start?

memorization is the beggning of understanging
you need to memorize to understand

two types of people shill anki: NEETs who use it to learn moon runes; and med school pajeets

and weebs. you forgot the weebs.

anki is just an automatic way to do spaced repetition, which is the best way to memorize things

a simple spaced repetition app is triggering insecurities in you because you take the idea that learning requires some effort as a personal insult and threat to your self-image

isnt that NEETs who use it for moon runes?

Stop shitposting.

for me? it's memory palace

>umm ACKSHUALLY on this one Wikipedia article things don’t work OUT that way okay

Attached: D16B6FEE-8799-4057-B891-3CCA6B4DB0A0.jpg (600x576, 30.39K)

Wait, explain better. What are "sentence sections"?

Not philosophical, but you can memorize the Quran so you can become a hafiz(a)

Outside of the bible which is obvious, how would you recall these 4 sentence sections in order? I also don't believe you have memorized Malazan considering a cursory search shows it to have a 3.3M word count, which to me seems as if it would be outside of the realm of possibility, at least to maintain memorization. I'd have a high respect for you if it were true.

>want to use anki to improve my memory and improve my learning skills, which are awful
>always forgetting what I was doing as soon as I boot up the program

how do i escape this loop, ankibros?

Stop smoking weed and drinking alcohol.

More efficient for the purpose of reading the honzuki, though. And more fun.

>because we think in words(?)
we don't

How do you remember so many mnemonics for something like the Bible? I’d imagine you’d have your head stuffed with a veritable book of stupid-sounding phrases. Doesn’t it feel ugly and unwieldy? Wouldn’t you need mnemonics for your mnemonics? Or is my attitude completely off-base?

Wow. Thanks man, this is all very helpful without you I would have never found out about these memory techniques. You sir deserve a golden star!

Scamzumoto never used Anki himself (he used a much more primitive SRS program named SuperMemo).

why did you sage

>hehe im very sarcastic xD
grow up

This is what has always puzzled me about the memory palace/method of loci. Adding this whole extra layer of mnemonics or weird images to me just seems like extra things to memorize that would make the whole process harder. And while I can imagine associating ideas or concepts with mnemonics, how do they help you memorize precisely worded sentences?

>is this evidence that i'm wrong? let me attack everything around it so i don't have to deal with it like a grown up
you do you, the longer you keep this habit the longer you'll remain stupid