Why France and the French language has no outstanding writers?

Why France and the French language has no outstanding writers?
What I mean here is that France has many great authors (Hugo, Flaubert, Racine, Molière and many others) but they don't have that outstanding, GOAT tier author. Like the English have Shakespeare, the Spanish have Cervantes, the German have Goethe, the Italian have Dante but France has nothing to compare with those names. They have many authors that belong on the tier just below and who come short of achieving actual greatness but none of them quite get there. Why is this?

Attached: bbr.jpg (509x339, 56.14K)

They decided not to place all their bets on a single guy and meme him to death. Instead of a God, they have many great knights.

France has had many writers better than Shakespeare and Cervantes.

Which ones?

because they're a nation of larping performance artists, always has been
LOL good meme, audibly laughed irl

Not really but they do have many better than Goethe. Goethe is immensely overrated as a writer.

such as
none of the writers mentioned in the op really compare in terms of global impact and influence on one's language and literature overall. You can have personal preference of course.

Geniuses don't come from France.

Moliere is very close to Shakespeare and Cervantes and at least deserves being considered a goat.

Baudelaire and Proust likewise.

>Baudelaire
Lol no
>Proust
Lol no + naming jews is cheating.

>Moliere is very close to Shakespeare
Kek

Proust is not a Jew.

>Proust's mother, Jeanne Clémence (Weil), was the daughter of a wealthy Jewish family from Alsace
Sound pretty jewish to me.

He was raised Catholic and later became an atheist and was culturally French. You're not le Jewish just because one of your parents comes from a family of Jews.

Rabelais

>culturally French
French culture is crypto kike degeneracy at it's worst.

I think first one has to ask themselves how much of the idea that these men were better writers comes from objective judgement and how much from highly subjective taste and the fact they are memed to death.
I remember Moliere having a very good reputation, even in my school days my peers were happier with him than with Shakespeare.

>you're not Jewish just because a Jewish woman birthed you
The Rabbi would like a word with you, bigot.

>German have Goethe
Kek. Goethe wrote a single great (Werther) and one very influentual (Faust I) book. Otherwise, he wrote two or three nice poems, but everything else is just Goethe bragging about how great Goethe is. When it comes to writting, he was talented and pretty lucky, but also pretty mediocre - he was a genius in self-marketing, nevertheless.

That's only a thing in Judaism (which he was never a part of)

Proust solos the entire Spanish and German canons

Lope de Vega and Schiller say more in a play than Proust in 4000 pages.

>but everything else is just Goethe bragging about how great Goethe is.
That's because Goethe literally is great. His greatness shines through his works, but his self is centre to all.

Or did you literally think that which is self-descriptive in Goethe's works is only self-referencing and lacking the innate content whereby that worthiness is judged?

It's Ballsack

Attached: hbalzac.jpg (800x998, 229.15K)

Camus.

>inb4 hurrr camus is great but not as great as cervantes because... because it just is ok!

France has many God-tier writers.

Camus is YA.

There’s a painful amount of stupidity in this thread. France has consistently produced world-class literary talent for centuries now. The fact that a single name doesn’t stick out as overwhelmingly better than the others is more a testament to the field of talent than anything else.

Too bad he's not ethnically French.

>these people share a board with you
Jesus fucking Christ.

Overrated vulgar writer.

Rabelais and Mallarmé are goats. Racine. Char. Flaubert. Queneau.

Voltaire
Celine
Rousseau
Montaigne
Hugo
Stendhal
Rabelais
Zola
Flaubert
Sand
Sade
Balzac
Proust
Dumas
Saint-Exupery

>Queneau
he's kind of like their Joyce

>Mallarmé
>Queneau
fucking who
Everyone can make that kind of list but
>Saint-Exupery
kek

>Girl, you'll be a woman soon

>kek
Are you just going to ignore all of the authors I listed just because of that particular one you dislike?

>Who is Molière ?

He is, on his father's part and partially from the mother.

>not knowing Mallarmé
Is this really the literature board?

entirely wrong lmao

>Who is René Guénon ? (Pbuh)

Attached: 1638966235816.jpg (1440x810, 140.96K)

>NOOO HOW YOU DARE NOT KNOWING [insert some half decent obscure writer] YOU MUST BE ILLITERATE

You ' re only embarrassing yourself.

shut the fuck up

For me, it's Jules Verne. Innovative, tasteful, adventurous.

retard

If you don't know who Mallarmé is, yes, you're illiterate.

seething hard rn

>tfw when anglos know people like Camus or Dumas but the finest French poet
We really are bad at advertising our great authors. Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hasard is likely the greatest achievement of French poetry.

>Mallarmé
>half decent obscure writer
bruh

>English have Shakespeare,
Moliere is just as good. Just not as well known in the anglo world.

>Saint-Exupery
I need to re-read flight to arras

Brainlet thread

Racine and Corneille even better

>Just not as well known
Because he's just not as good

Italy and Spain only have Dante and Cervantes

Bon dieu.

Attached: NoComment.jpg (300x225, 13.65K)

readlet cope

I couldn't believe that retard either kek must be underage or SEVERELY underread.

>I only know these writers, therefore, that's the only ones that exist
>the more famous the gooder!
holy shit, is this the Marvel reddit thread?

>>I only know these writers, therefore, that's the only ones that exist
It's always like this when Yea Forums discusses anything outside the Anglosphere and Japan.