Convince me this man is a good writer

Convince me this man is a good writer.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 155.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/neBrN--mPwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

I think he is non-supreme, and I think its a known fact that he is a non-supreme writer.

I mean, it's a different skillset than your usual, classic writer for sure. The guy isn't Proust or Flaubert, of course, but what's new here is that he, and his generation of peers, openly admit to not care for style, to not even try. Bit like how so many singers said listening to Bob Dylan freed them and cured their fear since bob sang like crap (his voice being kinda nice sounding is another matter, the singing on a technical level is garbage).
So these writers, genre fiction mostly but the phenomena isn't limited to them, are a sort of a new, unapologetic stylelets who assert themselves as wordbuilders, or tale-tellers with no interest towards prose.
So yeah, to answer your question, if you think prose is useless, then this guy does some of the rest pretty well and is hence a good writer. I'd say his worse problem isn't even prose, though, it's how his characters seem to think, talk, and act like they're teenagers straight out of a telenovella, it gets tiresome pretty quick.

I may add, that his smirk can look supreme but don't be fooled, his prose is non-sublime.

Yea Forums hates him

>hated by Yea Forums
This is the misery of Sanderson

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (612x719, 69.98K)

Hey Lois, I just invented a new magic system. When someone pulls the hero's finger he farts eeeerrrheheheheheh

New magic system! he farts baaahhahhhh

Attached: 1644585088203.png (593x580, 620.84K)

Brap magic, he braps!

Attached: 1644585583505.jpg (378x361, 25.88K)

Why does he look like he has down syndrome?

I just know he has a massive following. He even broke a world record on kickstarter or some shit. His fanbase his loyal as fuck because he values his fans a lot and his always writing. That old pig Martin could learn a thing or two from Sanderson.

He's good at social media and catering to the masses. Shit writer though desu

he's published
>b-but--
cope

He has good concepts and great pacing. It’s fantasy written for younger people so you can’t expect deep, meandering prose. For what it is and what he set out to do it’s very good imo. If you wonder what he’s capable of read his novella ‘Emperors Soul’ to get an idea. Dude is a machine.

He literally write marvel-like plots with fights that read like he is describing panels in a manga. If this sounds like you might enjoy, go for it; nobody cares.

he's american

He writes for those who don't want to read.

true

God, rent free

name one (1) metric of success that isn't an index to popularity.

>is best selling author and published many books
>probably millionaire
>does crowdfunding anyway

I heard hes a mormon but I think hes really a jew

for good reason, his "works" are sins against literature

He finishes his books even if they are ridiculously large.

>I heard hes a mormon but I think hes really a jew
On paper he's mormon but he is also allegedly a freemason so yeah jew
I can't convince you, unless you like shonen anime.
Here is based RJ btfo Sandersons faggy magic systems youtu.be/neBrN--mPwg

I work a full time factory job and listen to shittons of audiobooks. I'd guess 80-100 a year. I've developed patience for shitty boring crap because of this. I've sat through some ridiculous sociopolitical books that are retarded and wrong being entertained by the psychology of the author more than the content itself. I listen to random best sellers no matter the genre. I listen to random fantasy books from the last 40 years. I've listened to several sanderson books and was bored out of my mind. he's above average with setting and abysmal with characters and deciding what the hell is worth actually telling in a story and what isn't. my conclusion is unless you a 10-20 year old boy you will hate him.

He's a competent writer, yes. Now, his merits as an author are highly debatable. Pulp fantasy series isn't exacly any literary achievement. He is most certainly a good marketeer, though

Can you give an user a solid? Please answer Thanks

I haven't listened to much YA parody, closest I've got to that is mainstream titles like hitchhikers and princess bride and yeah listened to a few discworld books. terry pratchett seems hard to run out of though the guy was pretty prolific. tho I got pretty tired of him after a couple of books.

I picked a book just to assume something, this is Skyward (2018)

To me it looks like a long MMO quest written in text

Attached: xiOmAgw.png (580x1103, 191.47K)

>first person
This unironically reads like a middle school girl wrote some fanfic. On the good side though, if this is considered top tier in the American literary world, then we're all going to make it bros, I've seen better written and more entertaining green texts.

Told you he was non-supreme and non-sublime.

>first person

Absolutely integral to writing self-insert power fantasy for teens.

>Convince me this man is a good writer.
he's a storyteller, mainly.
he writes in a way so that readers don't notice his writing and the writing doesn't interrupt their immersion
that's an art in its own way

But it does interrupt the reader and disrupt immersion. The modern language use takes you out of the story every time you read words like "squad" or them refer to Magic as "mechanics" of a system. It's like video game characters where the player is speaking into a microphone and talking about game play. Then there is the cringe political woke stuff. stormlight archive is full of sexism lectures that scream modernity. Finally there is the awful language choices. Colloquial dialog that comes across as immature, no poetic beauty, no nice imagery, and makes me cringe. Sanderson really could have used one of those AP English classes growing up where they make you memorize advanced English words and terms to expand your vocabulary.

True, this why he will never be supreme, this is why his prose is non-sublime. this why the reader drowns in misery every time he reads Sanderson.

has he ever used "mechanics" in a book?
but yeah, a lot of fantasy writers use "feet", "miles", "hours", etc. it does take me out of the story for a bit, but i really don't want a fantasy writer to come up with their own units of measure.
same goes for squad. we all know what it means. they probably didn't have squads in medieval times, but who wants the author to come up with a random made-up word for "squad?"

"Squad" is a POZZED word, only a librul would use it.

Cope

Attached: 1648114794108m.jpg (1024x480, 73.68K)

Amerifats look non-supreme, HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Christian-Bale.jpg (467x468, 41.13K)

Yes Dalinar is words of radiance or something. He is talking about he doesn't know the mechanics about whatever radiant power he is talking about. He uses the word mechanics. There are a lot of words. Using miles, feet ect... are actually all older terms than the modern metric system. Tolkien uses miles and feet. The issue isn't measurement. They will say words like "espionage" and tons of modern terms. Everything is modernized.

Yea Forums is a Traditional Catholic board, we hate sin and Sanderson is allegedly a freemason who is spreading jewish masonic luciferian doctrine through his works. I mean look at what he's most known for, his magic systems, it would not surprise me if he was a kabbalist (jew magic).

This, Sanderson may appear as the ordinary Mormon, but in reality he is operating the Mormon lit machine, and he is the puppet master of the Mormon goons who rule /sffg/ and terrorize respected authors, his goons have ruined /sffg/ and made it a breeding ground for pozzed literature and women protagonists.

Attached: ezgif-2-0a8ed4c426.jpg (1024x538, 39.73K)

this video was complete garbage and he meandered and took way too long to make a concrete point. I watched half of it and I want my time back, he didn't ever draw a real connection between magic and wokeness

This is worse than children’s literature I read as a kid.

it is a book written for kids

He’s good, certainly better than your average Detroit citizen of darker complexion. However, is he a real artist? Is he a Milton? A Chaucer? No, but he’s also not trying to be. He just wants to write Mormon Tolkien fan fiction for impotent nerds. Who gives a fuck.

He's the literary equivalent of a decent Shonen writer. He has solid magic systems and tries to halfassedly tackle complex themes occasionally. However, he's handicapped by the fact that he's targeting an audience under the age of 25 that's looking for cool fight scenes and characters they can self-insert as, not literary complexity or masterful storytelling.
If you liked Demon Slayer, you'll love the Stormlight Archives.

He is Stephen King of fantasy.

I got nothing

Never read Sanderson, but that sample an user posted earlier is definitely worse than King.

Any evidence of him.being a Mason? My understanding is he's a member of the main temple of Mormon or wwhatever. You gotta be rich and influential to be accepted or something. I bet Mormons at the high level are basically a cadet branch of masons. As much as I dislike Sandersons writing, I do admittedly feel bad whenever I tear him a new one I very his writing. I've never seen any evidence to suggest him being an asshole. Which of itself is suspect because those kinda of people can be the worst, but I digress. He definitely projects this innocence and pleasantly that would make you feel like an asshole for for meaning mean.

Masons use Mormons as the underdog goons, Masons elected Sanderson as the leader of the Mormon mafia which does the dirty work for the masons, by doing that masons will not get caught if the Mormon work goes messy, and Mormons can do whatever they want including Blackmail and terrorizing respected authors, this is why Sanderson is very successful.

Attached: 0a8U0I2w_400x400.jpg (400x400, 25.59K)

I guess I have no taste because I like his stuff. What would Yea Forums consider the best of the best fantasy?

Sanderson terrorizes other authors? I have to hear this. Does he break the bones of competing fantasy authors?

He doesn't do it himself, The Mormons do it for him, through Blackmail and other sensitive methods, if the Blackmails don't work, they send their Mormon goons to "take care of business", for example This is Elijah R Braxton, A known Mormon trickster, he is Sanderson's favorite goon, he blackmails authors and documents search history and nude pics, he might look like an average goon but he is the most feared in Utah.

Where can I find out more about this mafia

It's very secretive but not hard to spot, the ones involved in freemasonry and the main temple of Mormon obviously know about them, you just have to spot the successful Mormon and the shady business will reveal itself, disrespect a Mormon and the Mormon goons will appear.

Attached: 6b5f5f347244f65c45dfedd8a54ce797_400x400.jpg (400x400, 29.13K)

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

The evidence of him being a mason is anecdotal: 1 he is a Mormon, mormonism was founded by the freemasons and their whole (false) religion is based off of the tenants of freemasonry which is luciferian jew gnosticism. 2. Mormons regularly become freemasons considering the close ties, its like rotc:military mormonism: freemasonry their luciferian worship preps them for full thing. 3. He is a high ranking member of the Mormon church, they wouldn't let such a highly visible member enact his own agency, he is controlled through masonry. 4. He is a high ranking professor at byu a Mormon college, same point as (3). 5. He finished Robert Jordan's work wheel of time who is a known Freemason someone who puts that much masonic themes and esoteric knowledge into his work would not hand it off to a non mason.
This guy is doing an obvious subversive troll to shoot off suspicion of the real mormon mafia that exists.

Everything he has written is rated higher than anything of Tolstoy's on Goodreads.

Is he woke/leftwing?

Attached: rick riordan persy jackson.jpg (1371x1685, 219.04K)