Does Yea Forums consume psychedelics?

>What psychedelics or mind altering substances do you consume?
>has it affected your reading abilites? How?
>do you ever read while tripping?
Thinking of microdosing some shrooms to see if it has a possitive impact on my reading skills and general cognitive abilities

Attached: 1645801989365.png (826x827, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

hermetic.com/bey/pw-multicul
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i dont believe i can speak for everyone when i say this, but, do it. i had an incredible journey through The Book Of Disquiet while tripping. surreal and hard to explain.

Were you tripping on weed, shrooms, acid or what?

microdosed shrooms

Microdosing may help, but macrodosing can make it difficult to read, you might not even want your eyes open. I only have experience with shrooms though. However, writing/coming up with ideas or solutions to writing problems is thoroughly helped with any dose, in my experience. On the days I microdose, my prose is 10x better.

Can you describe the general reading experience while tripping/microdosing? How does it compare to reading sober?

You niggers are faggots and are a waste of a good trip. I have have dropped lsd, psilocybin, aminita, mescaline, datura, and every research chem my Chinese homies could get me. Not once did I ever decide to sit down and read a book like some fag.

>>What psychedelics or mind altering substances do you consume?
LSD and mushrooms when I can get them, I have enjoyed doing Mescaline and the 2C-series before and would continue do them multiple times a year if I could.
>>has it affected your reading abilites? How?
makes me more motivated to read in the weeks and months after good trips
>>do you ever read while tripping?
Yes, shrooms don't work well with it IMO, but I find that taking .5 to 1 tabs of acid help makes one's mind more receptive to grasping subtle concepts when reading works on metaphysics
>Thinking of microdosing some shrooms to see if it has a possitive impact on my reading skills and general cognitive abilities
It may very well work, I have only tried to read on 3 or more grams of shrooms and I was too distracted by the trip to get much out of it.

You don't trip on a microdose. You hardly feel it, just a general uplifting feeling, but way beneath a trip.

>he hasn't tried reading Hegel while tripping in the summer sun on a limestone spire
Ngmi bro

bro really wanted to say some slurs on Yea Forums today.

Generally i felt like i understood the tones and emotions easier and more fluently! its hard to describe since microdosing isnt super trippy.

Tranny janny ain't shit. I can post nigger all I want and the only reason ill get banned is because some autist on other boards keeps getting rangebanned. You psychedelic fags are delusional if you think taking a megadose will make you chill brah and make you want to start sucking dick.

Isn't microdose just another "use drug to escape the crushing reality of wage slavery"? It seems like everyone who talks about it is some soulless NPC programmer.
I've never done drugs but if I did I would do them to like see what reality looks like inside-out or something.

Attached: 1651527423495.png (432x429, 239.98K)

Excellent intellectual analysis, thank you for providing such a brilliant and insightful contribution to the discussion!

>What psychedelics or mind altering substances do you consume?
lsd, mushrooms, weed. the usuals
>has it affected your reading abilites? How?
sometimes while tripping ill have a revelation telling me that i should be more cultured and thus read more, but that has never really stuck with me. im still a dopamine addicted zoomer who cant even get through a sub 200 page book without online analysis
>do you ever read while tripping?
fuck no, my mind is going a million directions at once. and i can barely focus on a book sober without a cup of tea and a good nights rest, no way im focusing on acid lol

I'm a neet and use it for depression.

I take mushrooms once a week for BED. It doesn’t affect my reading or really anything beyond better mood and self-regulation. I don’t think it’s possible to read on a serious dose. The closest I’ve gotten is reading album lyrics while listening to music, and that was barely possible.

Microdose is basically placebo. It’s like drinking an eighth of a cup of coffee and thinking it has some big effect on your life.

Powerful and inspiring.

Attached: 2003663C-1F75-4B9D-B8DB-63ADEAAABEEE.gif (346x367, 530.79K)

Attached: 373959393.gif (498x345, 924.56K)

Dropping psychedelics more than twice a month at best is retard shit.

I'm interested in the subject but I'm too much of a pussy to try it myself. I'm already a bit of a nutjob without drugs so I don't want to take risks

>I read it somewhere therefore it must be true

I did a lot of acid in college and read considerable portions of Infinite Jest on the stuff. It was badass.

Attached: 1647082368575.gif (499x499, 1.27M)

How does one consume such psychedelics legally?

One doesn’t.

Ok brainlet. Thanks for telling me you know nothing about tolerance or psychedelics.

>I read an internet listicle that said two weeks so it must be true

Then that means anyone who does psychedelics is a criminal and a nigger, regardless of skin color.

Do you turn black every time you go over the speed limit? Sounds rough

In Amsterdam you can buy psilocybin truffles legally.

In several major American cities including Washington DC, there are shops that sell psilocybin mushrooms mixed into chocolates and the police know about them but don't bust them because of various decriminalization measures that have been passed.

In most countries you can order Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds, which contain LSA, which is like a more subtle and calm version of mushrooms. You should order them from ethnobotanical sites and not gardening stores so they are not treated and are higher potency, and you can look up ways online to make them into a brew.

You can also order grey-area-legality research chems (there is a whole subreddit for it), some LSD analogues like 1P-LSD feel very similar and I think you can still get it online in the USA. Ordering RCs online is slightly more risky than the above options

Speeding isn't a crime. It's a civil law, which is why you get a ticket instead of going to jail.

Laws are just arbitrary nonsense. Mushrooms were legal 100 years ago and they’ll be legal 20 years from now.

Plowing teenage puss was legal 100 years ago, but society doesn't always move forward.
>the smoking age went UP just a few years ago

I used to take mushrooms, but I did them wrong. They turned me into a Republican and I started having kids. I got better; I'm apolitical now.

Good boy.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96.98K)

I'm female (female).

(OP)
Average psychedelic addict:
>Skinnyfat-chubby
>Smells funny
>No chin
>Acts like a know it all, makes absurd claims about having taken apart reality despite sitting on their ass all day

Average methamphetamine enthusiast:
>Slim, muscular physique
>Masculine smell of oil and sweat
>Defined jaw from all the chewing
>Has taken apart every electrical appliance in the house, still has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge

You may not like it, but this user speaks the truth.

Nutmeg, amanita muscaria/fly agaric mushrooms, LSD (as well as analogues like 1p and 1cp-LSD, practically identical in effects and chemical composition), psilocybin, and LSA from morning glory seeds mentioned here . This was done many years ago in late high school and my early uni years mostly, I no longer experiment with these, I’m glad I got out of the phase but also glad I had it for the Timothy-Leary/Robert-Anton-Wilson-style insights on the deliberate experimentation on one’s own human nervous system to attain altered states of consciousness and trying to carry these insights over to waking sober life. The classic 5HT2A-receptor psychedelics (also known as the serotonergic psychedelic drugs, psilocybin, LSD, mescaline/peyote, LSA, and ayahuasca/DMT falling into this category) are known to promote neurogenesis — the genuine growth of new brain cells — as well as neuroplasticity, according to scientific research. Which is maybe surprising for those still in the trap of

>DUDE LMAO YOU’RE JUST FRYING YOUR BRAIN IF YOU DO CRAZY DRUGS LIKE ACID YOU’LL BURN YOUR RECEPTORS OUT AND BECOME RETARDED FOREVER.

Ironically, though, after such heavy experimentation and some bad trips I came to the realization that taking care of one’s mental and physical health to the greatest extent one can, as well as stimulating one’s mind and soul with the greatest literature and philosophy one can, in a mostly sober life, is the best thing of all. Reading and being permanently deepened and changed by Heidegger or Hegel, Zen scriptures or the Hwa Yen Sutra, the Gospels, Neoplatonic and Ancient Greek philosophy, the Corpus Hermeticum, Sufi theological tracts and their rich tradition of mystical poetry through Rumi, Hakim Sanai, Fariduddin of Attar, etc., or even something like Joyce’s Ulysses, Jung’s works, or Eliade on shamanism, is potentially just as great of a “psychedelic” (literally meaning “psyche-revealing”, revealing the secrets already buried within the psyche) experience as a hit of LSD is, with the added bonus that it’s more controllable and more likely to be permanent in its effects on you as a person as opposed to giving just a fleeting glimpse of satori. Psychedelics can give you the glimpse of “It,” the undefinable X-factor, the cosmic flow-state, but then you have to do the work of carrying this over into your waking sober life.

I've done 5g of shrooms a couple of times. I just lay in bed and think for a long while, until the proactivity kicks in

Forgot to mention salvia — certainly the most unique and powerful out of all the ones I did, and also the one that felt the most genuinely “shamanic” — like being ripped out of one’s modern societally-induced normal interpretation of reality and thrown into the ghostly realm of one’s tribal ancestors.

Yep, this is probably a shitpost but counterintuitively enough — you’d think I’d be something like an airheaded liberal “all cultures and races are one maaannn and we have to learn to be one with each other and fight the powers that be man. Fuck wypipo!” or whatever vapid stereotype of a flower-power 60s-era acid-dropper we have, but no, these actually got me in touch with a more primal and skeptical way of viewing reality, far removed from modern politically-correct societally-engineered conventions. I actually stopped being a self-hating White liberal during this phase. For figures like RAW and Leary, the counterculture and consciousness-expansion was associated with a shift away from a more patriarchal rigid modernized industrialized mindset and a reversion to a more matriarchal, egalitarian, hunter-gatherer-type primitive consciousness — getting in touch with the internal feminine side, basically — and they even brought up some kitsch interpretations of anthropology to support this... but today, ironically, I think the experience can be just as strongly tied to throwing off modern social conditioning of the “PC” mindset and getting in touch with primal masculinity. Genuine deconditioning and reconditioning of one’s view of reality should also include deconditioning oneself from the entire artifice of “political correctness”, the acceptable views to hold in modern society ... which after a certain point very obviously come to seem like views crafted for the masses deliberately by a globalist elite. The underground figure Hakim Bey, a very psychedelic writer, postmodern philosopher, and cultural critic, has this little gem, “Against Multiculturalism.” It’s NOT from the “alt-right” view of, “Multiculturalism is against White culture and therefore bad,” but it DOES make a link between the ideas of multiculturalism and ethnic cleansing, as well as with a totalitarian globalist power structure that seeks to subsume all racial and cultural differences under Commodity and Capital, while claiming to be more “open-minded” “progressive” “tolerant” and “liberal” than ever...

hermetic.com/bey/pw-multicul

Also to respond to OP’s question about actually READING while on psychedelics — in my opinion, that’s not quite the point of them. You’re not in the best state of mind to read while on a sufficiently strong dose of them. The insights come from the alteration, distortions, and exaggerations of your mindset itself, and the parts impacting enough that you’re changed even while sober after the trip.

Normal feelings of love, compassion, and empathy one already naturally has as a human can become HYPER-love/compassion/empathy on a psychedelic drug trip. Normal relaxation can become HYPER-relaxation. Normal contemplation, love of philosophy and art and thinking and music etc. can become SUPER-contemplation etc. Normal self-criticism and awareness of one’s bad personality traits, one’s flaws and failings and imperfect history, can become HYPER-MAGNIFIED-self-criticism, and normal paranoia and anxiety super-paranoia and -anxiety (forgive me for all these “super”s and “hyper”s and capitalizations, corny writing, I know), thus leading to the infamous “bad trip”. The ideal outcome is that you can take the positive insights from the expanded states of consciousness into your sober life, instead of just seeing these drug trips as an end-in-themselves.

Interestingly enough, the Tibetan sage Chogyam Trungpa, when asked by his American students about what role LSD could play in enlightenment, responded that taking LSD to become enlightened was like taking a spaceship to get to your living room. He also called the states of consciousness reached by drugs like LSD “super-samsara” ... a magnified, distorted, enhanced version of samsara (the normal world of human bondage and unenlightenment) — which, however, is not TOTALLY useless in trying to gain enlightenment, since it can show some ready people a state outside of the confines of the ego, and, by magnifying some of ego’s distorted views of reality, show oneself the limitations of these very views, or the state-beyond which is inherent in each of these views... just as in the classic Buddhist formulation, samsara is nirvana. The sage uses the ordinary things of samsara, eating, drinking, shitting, sleeping, fucking, working, to attain enlightenment. Similarly, in the Tantric path, negative emotions and states of being can be transmuted to their enlightened forms instead of merely discarded as in the ascetic’s way — the unenlightened person’s anger hiding the enlightened righteousness of the sage, unenlightened lust hiding an enlightened attitude towards sexuality, unenlightened attachment to the people in one’s life, friends and family and loved ones, hiding an enlightened empathy for all living beings, and so forth.

Psychedelic drugs are ultimately like this super-form of samsara which CAN show some people the way beyond the confines of ego but which shouldn’t be taken as an end in itself, since this can easily just become a more refined form of hedonism.

Over the course of about three years in college I took shrooms maybe about a dozen times and smoked DMT twice. At the time I thought it was a big deal but now I kind of find it silly. Maybe it did help me open my mind and see how things are connected, but I don’t think you really need drugs for that.

Is it true that shrooms alter your brain connections basically making you more creative and smarter?

Actual methhead:
>bloated and/or gaunt
>reeks of cum and shit
>teeth rotting
>steals anything of value from close friends and family
>rages and says the most evil shit they can think of when coming down
>destroys all relationships then whines that no one loves them
I hope every crackhead drops dead as soon as possible. Evil animals.

Attached: 53F4BCE3-7FEC-41D7-821A-A03D8C110BD8.png (720x715, 626.53K)

Yo meth sucks but keep crack out of this beef. I recently started smoking crack again after ten years of not doing it and man have I been missing out.

Bro don’t smoke crack.

Crack is fun dude and thanks to Californias lax weed laws I can now smoke crack in public without anyone noticing. Well besides other crackheads.

Interesting, so I've heard that shrooms help form new neural connections and basically rewire your brain, having long neurological changes. Do you think constant microdosing would provide someone higher cognitive and creative abilities to engage with literature and philosophy?
I have never tried shrooms but from my basic understanding it looks like it opens up a creative and artistic part of the brain better than other psychedelics

bump

Maybe you should address the root causes of your feeling instead, faggot

I tried to read while on a large dose of lsd once. So many pictures. It wasnt a picture book kek.

Not reading this shit lmao. Stupid druggie.

I have done acid several times some time ago. I don't do it now, but I think I'll do it again at some point in the far future.
One book I was reading on acid was Mythology by Edith Hamilton, and I still can recall the pictures I saw when I was reading about Demeter and her importance.
I also read some passages of the Iliad and every sentence seemed to have a very serious consequences and every sword strike was very emotional

I don't get the point of microdosing. I took 1g shrooms last weekend and it barely did anything at all, microdosing seems like it would just be placebo.

Buddhist masters tend to be dismissive of psychedelics but some Zen teacher took acid once and freaked out precisely because of these assumptions he had. I don't think they're right

Then you might microdose with 1g of shrooms
Who said that microdosing = the same dose for everyone?

It just seems like a waste of product, no? Why not have a real trip occasionally, considering that leaves you with a mood-enhancing kind of afterglow?

because a full trip is too strong. microdosing makes you feel good but you won't be tripping.
the afterglow after a full trip is decreasing in potency over time, whereas microdosing is more consistent.
once you get your fill of tripping it becomes too tiresome in my opinion