Buy used book at goodwill $2

>buy used book at goodwill $2
>has note written inside
>Happy birthday Aaron

Attached: swm.png (240x240, 53.74K)

I love finding little notes and things inside used books. makes the reading more soulful. For example there's a train ticket from July 2010 to Dublin Heuston station I found in my copy of Ulysses. Makes a great bookmark, and I wonder where the fellow who took that train is now

I found a MapQuest printout from 2006 once.

I love notes in used books. Means that the book has a history. :)

You know you now have to take the train there, right?

Attached: 1641165777471.jpg (1024x709, 72.61K)

I like picking my nose and wiping them in books then donating them

My "Mein Kampf" has a note, a Christmas gift for a dad by his son and daughter, 2001.

>Buy used books
>Has pubes between pages

From a recent book I bought. Wonder what happened to them.

Attached: 20220430_195338.jpg (2739x3921, 1.09M)

One day I'll go to Ireland and see the country properly

>buy SH book at antique store for .5€
>has neat cursive on the first blank page
>To my beloved wife (1975)

Holy shit

My used copy of Jünger's diaries included a bookmark that was the bottle sticker from some bottom shelf-sounding french wine.

cool dad award goes to that guy

I also have Fukuyama's "End of History and the Last Man", with a note from the translator himself (I'm not from an english speaking country) to a friend and his wife, 1994.
That actually sucks.

"Moscow years", parents congratulating their son on enrolling in the Faculty of Political Science, 1977.

Also a very very weird note in my Bhagavad-Gita by some random schizo filling in two pages about how it changed his life forever. I normally have a few Gitas around in case someone's birthday or smtn catches me by surprise so I just gave it to this one fat chick I was dating last year.
I can bet my life she didn't even open it.

I bought a used copy of Treasure Island recently and inside it had a girls name and Year 6 (which is last year of primary school in UK). I googled her name and found what I believed to be the girl, obviously she was slightly older now, maybe 16~. I closed the browser because I felt like a fucking creep.

Northern Ireland is a shithole though, stick to the republic

but was she hot? did you wank it to her bikini pics?

It given to the dad you dipshit

cool kids award goes to those kids

>One day
She's waiting, user. She may not know it, but she is. You must.

Her instagram was private but from her profile pic she looked like a typical thot desu

An abnormally good thread.
Cheers!

Attached: 91a916bab7ad4da9a984d7f48d1afc8a.jpg (1920x1080, 137.25K)

shit user don't hit mah feels like that

Attached: 1647053781080.png (1161x881, 1.04M)

I know an english guy named that.
(he is not english, he's indian pssssssst)

>buy used book at antique store/upscale library book sale
>has note written inside
>Xmas 1902

Attached: 1636322480455.jpg (1200x844, 88.4K)

this is from my 1911 copy of shakespeare

Attached: IMG20220501124207.jpg (3120x4160, 3.16M)

I see that and raise you

Attached: em3.jpg (1151x1544, 45.59K)

>order book from good will
>it comes with pic related as a book mark
>i've used it for like 20 books now

Attached: 20220218_154832.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

I know a guy (unfortunately not close enough) who has Gaddafi's green book with Gaddafi's note.
I asked him how much, he didn't want to sell.

Pic related is something that actually made the news in San Antonio a year ago.

Attached: 2022-04-30 20_18_03-San Antonian finds 33-year-old receipt from former Albertsons store in Half Pric.png (938x798, 421.32K)

Is that strange? I've found receipts and bookmarks from used bookstores from the 70s in books I bought last year

>buy a used book
>pristine condition, no dog ears, person probably never read it
>note on inside cover
>Happy Birthday Jason! This was my favorite book when I was your age. I hope you get as much out of it as I did. xx Grandad

Attached: 3ABB0FA4-DF4A-4C79-8985-FD9A09696582.jpg (714x547, 241.14K)

>wieners AND buns
dang poppa was wildin back in the day

>browsing poetry books in the library and one of them was in perfect condition with a heartfelt dedication from some simp to his obvious crush
I almost cringed to death.

Well, HAVE you tried to submitted them to the local news on a slow news day?

I once ordered a book on Amazon and it came with an original Venusaur card that someone had been using as a bookmark.

I am enthralled by the purchase of both coke and pepsi, what a true centrist

>total 7.38
>cash 20.38
well thats nice, he payed with extra change to make it easier for the cashier to give him a rounded out amount of change

>in my kama sutra there was a flyer for some hindu gatherings in my city, dated 1994.
>bought last year

Attached: 55884208._UY1602_SS1602_.jpg (1602x1602, 141.29K)

The strangeness is that the receipt is for the store she frequents

>bought a nice used leatherbound edition of Tom Sawyer
>there's a Femanon note: you are my best friend user, teehee =3
>"STUPID BITCH" aggressively scribbled over it
>there are heavy tear marks all over the page

Albertsons (still in California and the West Coast) left San Antonio in 2002, so it's nostalgia for San Antonio. She bought the book in a bookstore that was 150 miles to the northeast that had the receipt, which is probably the most unusual part.

I've got an old copy of Kipling's Kim that has written in the front cover, "Merry Christmas 1944" and the recipient's name that I can't remember at the moment. My mom also has some old dickens books that have notes from the 1890s written in the cover as well. Really cool to find stuff like that.

>buy a handful of old hardcovers at a thrift store
>all printed in the 1950s
>have the same name and class number, so were all likely used for school
>tfw the owner likely recently died and these books they kept all their adult lives ended up dumped as soon as their family got a hold of them
>look at my own shelves and wonder what their fates will be

From and old Dickens collection.

Attached: IMG_20220430_224219.jpg (3472x4624, 2.85M)

"in the bright lexicon of youth there is no such word as fail" That is fucking brilliant! amazing.

I just searched it and it's a quote from Edward Bulwer-Lytton
>In the lexicon of youth, which fate reserves
For a bright manhood, there is no such word
As "fail".

>found a worn copy of a book that I wanted to read since I was a teen
>Inside there was a receipt from a liquor store.

>Got a second hand copy from the odyssey
>Inside there was a cardboard slip with some school's logo and a piece of paper to mark the borrowed/returned list.

It's always a nice feeling.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 45.66K)

Fuck.

Attached: 1586204232917.jpg (595x585, 283.3K)

lol dumb bitch probably deserved it (i mean the dumb bitch who wrote stupid bitch). she probably got fat and ugly and became a total bitch

I have a hardback of Mickey Spillane's Kiss Me Deadly with an inscription:
>To Dad
>For Xmas 1953
>From Col & Bev

Which probably means the dad is now dead, and that's why I have his book.

I have a World War 2 Airman song book and it has a message written inside of it dated 8th September 1968-

>To ***, In memory of the happy days at base in 1940

>a copy of King Lear with a news clip about how students blindly apply critical theory on the text without understanding either the theory nor the text back in 2006.
>sparsely covered with scribbles of feminist mumble jumbos.

At least she didn't fill up entire page with her almost illegible scribbles.

I like checking the inside of Book of Mormons at Goodwill to see if a testimony was written in it since the Mormon church encourages their members to do that before giving out one

He’d probably be glad someone else can still enjoy it.

This one made me sad (Christmas 2014 btw, so it isnt super old)

Attached: 20220410_153401.jpg (1512x1964, 581.61K)

Yeah, I feel better seeing a 1953 gift inscription in a second-hand book than seeing ones like and where it looks like the receiver got rid of the book quickly. The 1953 book looks like it was read, too - it isn't pristine, and the dustjacket has been trimmed at the top and bottom, I assume because the 'dad' read it with the dustjacket still on and it got all torn up at the edges.

I'm and while I was at the store I purchased another poetry book (George Herbert) that was a gift from one couple to another, and it had some lines underlined in the same pen that the inscription was written in, so I assume that the gifter underlined lines for the receiver. But the book was also from the 50s so it doesn't seem ungrateful like fucking Leah.

>copy of huckleberry Finn
>Scrap of paper inside
>”I’m returning this. Goodbye.”

Attached: FB49D3A4-1581-4B10-86CA-1A01ABC8EBA0.jpg (348x401, 20.69K)

I’ve seen one that had a shitload of signatures on the last page.

>buy used book for $2
>someone clumsily wrote the author's name on the first blank page
>throw it in the trash

Written in Dutch from some old poetry book by Albert Speekaert.

At an unexpected new years eve visit in Roosendaal.

JFN Roert ??
8/1/63
Lots of warmth

At top a short poem written down by Hannemie van de Ven on old school notepaper.

Attached: 1651382467262638517093.jpg (4128x3096, 3.61M)

In an old copy of Slauerhoff's Het Verboden Rijk i found a short biography of him.

Attached: 1651382866192851742216.jpg (4128x3096, 3.61M)

My copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People has “property of the us navy” along the bottom of the pages.