How does Yea Forums arrange their books?

I do this at my house
Find a more perfect system
I dare you

Attached: Dewey Decimal System mp4.png (1650x1275, 128.82K)

Literature and non literature, as simple as that. non literature should be closed in a trunk to not waste shelve space, with a couple of exceptions, maybe.

I ain't gonna do your homework for you, sucker!

Science
History
Pol
Philosophy
Economics
Fiction

i put all the books which are male-authored on the shelves, and i don't need any shelves for the books which are female-authored

I don't arrange them, I just stick them on the shelves and remember where they are

Rolling.

I like this concept

Ok but where do you put the decimal point? Ah! Maybe you read the numbers right to left?

Attached: Dewey-Decimal-System.jpg (900x900, 92.69K)

Read the post numbers right to left, that is, then apply it to the dewey decimal system. Not sure how to get the letters at the end though.

Attached: dewey-decimal-system-png-dewey-decimal-system-chart-1275.png (1275x1650, 179.63K)

rollin', will read a book from the DDC I roll on

wow what are the fucking chances of that

Attached: ddc 504.png (161x169, 2.33K)

Try the numbers right to left. Then you can get decimals too. (Maybe just keep counting down until you get a number that exists)

Dewey Decimal System
405 Serial publications

>Philosophy
>Who am I?
>Books about Witchcraft
Wut.

I just put them on the shelves without caring much about organization.
Sometimes I'll rearrange them so the shelves are more equillibrated in terms of book weight, but that's about it.
Books by the same author are not grouped together.

Highly based

Mine are organized by the size, shape and paper quality of the book.

I organize mine by the cost of the book, adjusted for inflation.

A practical, objective consideration controls: heavy books toward the bottom, lighter books toward the top.

Religion and philosophy along the top row, then some fiction. Various histories, chess books and other miscellany. the bottom two quintiles are where the heavy stuff is kept. Undergrad science textbooks and along the bottom shelf, several precious/heavy hardback art books.

Non fiction by subject. Fiction by country, period, and author. This does not include the random piles of books that somehow show up everywhere.

Reddit thread

I do nonfiction books by subject. In my case, most of the nonfiction books I own are history books, so the groups are mostly by region / time period. Fiction is grouped by author. I have 3 bookcases and not enough space on them for all my books, so I prioritized shelf space for books I would hate to dig out of a box if I wanted to read or reference it. I wound up with two and a half cases devoted to fiction and half a case for nonfiction.

I organize by colour

rollan

My book app just puts the ones i opened last at the top.

Absolutely vulgar. A patrician keeps them in the order of Bloom's canon, and if it is not in the canon, then into the trash it goes.

I don't. I only have around 200 books so I know where I put them. Also I have different sizes of shelves so I try to optimize that

I arrange them by year written, for ancient texts or poems I just ballpark. In a weird way it helps me place movements / developments in thought visually. Having that context is interesting

In folders

Attached: krkrkr32 Dr7EXFmVsAALjME.jpg (768x1024, 88.53K)

by publisher and format
they're not arranged to be found but for proper conservation and aesthetic pleasure

Where do you keep fiction, or are you too aloof for that?

>800-899: Literature
When does a book become classic and belong in the non-fiction instead of the fiction?

Rolling

Who knows. But check this out,
800-890 western literature
890-899 everywhere else's lit

Religion section is at least as funny.

Yeah... But Dewey makes the same joke again with languages.

I just sorta have them laying about

Rollin

>witchcraft in the philosophy section

roll

It's a Reddit board these days.

AY YO THIS LIL NIGGA ARRANGES BOOKS

Fucking nerd

Rolling

Top shelf: Religious (Orthodox) texts
2nd: History / Epic Poetry
3rd: Fiction
4th: Poetry
5th: Assorted, economics, gramsci stolen from uni library etc

Rollan

Well nothing matched exactly but I think this is gonna be a fun time lads.
Anyone else get something cool?

Attached: 229DBB40-61AE-42C7-BC05-568809A45FEA.jpg (1284x2394, 1.18M)

Hmm

I just stack them, It's not like I don't know what books I have or that I don't have regular contact with my own books so I've to search my whole library for a single book.

Roll

I have over 700 books. They're organized into categories and then further organized by author name.
Recently I've considered making a excel spreadsheet and using it to organize them based on some existing system.

Once I'm finished with a book, I just fling it at the next beggar that tries to waste my time. If they're that desperate they can find a way to sell it or something.

Based

Rolland.

rollan

Just arrange by Goodreads review score, nominally, a 1-5 scale.

In actuality:

>4.4-5: doesn't exist
>4.2-4.4: Top level, incendiary masterpieces
>4-4.2: Marginal work, brought up in score by paying for likes on fiverr
>3.8-4: Truly execrable, derivative nonsense
>3.6-3.8: Reviewers attempting to salvage a mediocre read into something more edifying
>3.4-3.6: Truly bad anti-literature
>Below 3.4: doesn't exist.

All ya plebs rolling better roll down to specifics for better results.

160 - Logic

541 - Physical & Theoretical Chemistry

012 - Bibliographies of Individuals

439 - Other Germanic Languages

680 - Manufacture for Specific Uses

928 - Not assigned or no longer used
Closest is 929 - Genealogy, Names, Insignia

145 - Sensationalism (Philosophy Of)

756 - Not assigned or no longer used
Closest Are:
755 - Religion & religious symbolism
757 - Human figures & their parts

767 - Etching & drypoint

user surely it’s right to left, 829.1 is my nearest (I’ve already checked out books from that section, she’ll be right)

I arrange them by color so I can post pictures to /r/booshelf

This is the only correct responce

>arranging books
>not piling them atop of each other until you've taken up all room in the house, all shelves and boxes and floor, your working desk is borderline unusable except for the laptop standing on top of a dozen books, shelves warping under the weight, all in all a massive fire hazard and a likely symptom of hoarding disorder, a collection in which you can't find your way around anymore

Attached: 626.gif (264x264, 801.57K)