I fucking love math. What is some literature for people who fucking love math?

I fucking love math. What is some literature for people who fucking love math?

Attached: 138ba0aef7dd72bafaaf0f80fcb2cb91.jpg (850x1093, 179.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_A._Pickover
youtu.be/bk_Kjpl2AaA
youtu.be/8oD6eBkjF9o
algorithmicbotany.org/papers/abop/abop.pdf
invidious.sp-codes.de/watch?v=rx1afLXd8us
prespacetime.com/index.php/pst/article/view/352
arxiv.org/abs/1103.5274
groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/projects/amorphous/6.978/papers/turing-chemical-basis.pdf
pmneila.github.io/jsexp/grayscott/
mechamug.github.io/brotfoo/page/conjugate-julia/
dhushara.com/cossym/index.htm
khanacademy.org/math/k-8-grades
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A bullet to the head should help you with that.

FPBP

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_A._Pickover

Attached: pickover-jih.jpg (293x400, 50.43K)

/thread

Simon singh
youtu.be/bk_Kjpl2AaA

Do Dice Play God?

Douglas Hofstadter PBUH
Paul F Kiskak's compilations
Guenon on Sacred Geometry and Symbols
Guenon on Infinitesimals
Pythagorean Sourcebook

Get ready to Kundalinize your Jeethole, OP

Im gonna spiral lotus your hyper sphere up the polar parametric sinusoidal planes of mind fuck with my effortpost

youtu.be/8oD6eBkjF9o

Morris Kline, The Loss of Certainty
Roger Penrose, Road to Reality

Bayes Theorem is magic
Dependent Origination is magic
Hyper self potential plotting is magic

the 17 equations that changed the world

Alice in Wonderland. Not even joking. It was written by a mathematician, who at the time, was sick of the type of mathematical proofs being presented at the time. The impossible logic, the nonsensical logic, were all things he hated.

The mad hatter speaks in contra positives, which is a type of logic used in proofs that he hated.

Attached: madhatter.png (350x445, 233.95K)

Induction Is All We Got has been on my reading list as has Consilience. This stuff is like roids for math crunching and memorizing.

This is why I went Joker mode Chuddha

What the Tortoise Said to Achilles is a favorite as well.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 10.52K)

Flatland works on multiple levels.

The Algorithmic Beauty of Plants and L-Systems by Prusinkiewicz and Lindenmayer.

PDF:
algorithmicbotany.org/papers/abop/abop.pdf

I think that books is like a treasure.

Attached: image_2022-04-30_211959551.png (196x257, 68.52K)

It was also supposed to make fun of Quaternions, which turned out to have great uses.

Attached: image_2022-04-30_212323881.png (800x574, 520.9K)

Also, Chris King is awesome. He has published a lot of papers on fractals, which are always fun to read. Very different from other publications. Very quirky character. Speaks about a thing he calls "resplendence" a lot. He gives all the regions of the Mandelbrot fractal all sorts of funny names.
invidious.sp-codes.de/watch?v=rx1afLXd8us

Chris King is the guru of fractals.

prespacetime.com/index.php/pst/article/view/352
He also calls the Mandelbrot set the "dark heart of chaos" apparently. He seems to have authored some sort of fractal explorer in Java or something rather - I forget the details. But go search around if it's interesting to you.

Other characters of interest:

Lubos Motl of quantum physics "The Reference Frame" fame.
Christopher Langan and The Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe.
Gödel, Escher, Bach (some consider this book a meme at this point, think it's overhyped and have thus developed a dislike for it - or maybe they just want to show off their refinement by expressing their scorn).

Attached: image_2022-04-30_212529698.png (320x180, 137.34K)

>tranime
>abhorrent post
Like pottery.

The Lost Lecture, Richard Feynman.

Attached: image_2022-04-30_213103032.png (400x400, 251.17K)

Oh, and read some of the papers by Alan Turing! He has written some very interesting thing besides computer science / cryptography that few people seem to talk about. For example, his paper on Turing Patterns. Read about Gray-Scott a reaction-diffusion systems and the Lotka–Volterra equations for predator prey models. I have never felt differential equations to be this beautiful. I know, those are not books per se, most of them are papers, but those people write in a way that is so captivating, it's far better than most books. They are really in a league of their own.

Attached: image_2022-04-30_213506722.png (850x1149, 713.31K)

Never have I seen so much beauty in such compact form as reading about math from those authors.
arxiv.org/abs/1103.5274

Everything these people write is like poetry.

Attached: image_2022-04-30_213748376.png (1182x1284, 1.43M)

Attached: image_2022-04-30_213857366.png (2328x1104, 2.47M)

And if you read just one of them, definitely read this paper by Alan Turing:

Turing, Alan Mathison. "The chemical basis of morphogenesis." Bulletin of mathematical biology 52, no. 1 (1990): 153-197.
groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/projects/amorphous/6.978/papers/turing-chemical-basis.pdf

He expresses as differential equations how many of the intricate patterns in nature and animals come about, basically through an equilibrium of a dynamical system, which he expresses as ODEs.

This man had insights into nature that were pure genius. We even find these sort of patterns in our brain, for example in the ocular dominance column of the visual cortex.

It might sound ridiculous to most people, but I was moved to tears by some of the discoveries I have made reading these.

Attached: image_2022-04-30_214311416.png (700x636, 753.65K)

If you're interested in fiction then I'd recommend The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yōko Ogawa. It's a short book that I think was heavily inspired by Paul Erdős.

For those who are more visually inclined, her is a simulation showing off a Gray-Scott reaction diffusion model.

Once you wrap your head around these you will see differential equations completely differently, like a more expressive language that was made for describing dynamic systems. There are many books on this topic, but I do not think most of them do the topic any justice. They are lifeless, sterile, bloodless (as Nietzsche would say) - no passion. You have to get passionate about a subject first to be interested in it. You cannot just "learn it" for the sake of learning it and then expect people to be excited about math. It's no wonder so many people hate math if it's approached like that.

pmneila.github.io/jsexp/grayscott/

Attached: image_2022-04-30_214812443.png (2484x1242, 3.62M)

I wish I loved math. My lack of math knowledge among other things has ruined my life.

If you wish to love it, go make it happen.

When I left university I hated math. I didn't want to touch another book. I had always done math under pressure, for some great, so of course you end up associating it with everything unpleasant.

Start doing math on your own, YOUR way and you will eventually love it. And, most of all, stop treating math as a "spectator sport", that is, "get your hands dirty" - do something with it. Even if it's "just" drawing a Mandelbrot fractal and exploring it.
Start somewhere BEAUTIFUL. Then, math will cease being an obstacle and start being a tool, a friend, art, poetry.

Attached: image_2022-04-30_215731978.png (1888x546, 323.83K)

Attached: image_2022-04-30_215903661.png (2058x1436, 1.98M)

Don't even bother. Too old and broken down to fix myself.

mechamug.github.io/brotfoo/page/conjugate-julia/

Attached: image_2022-04-30_220055709.png (1810x1318, 1.13M)

That sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Read this book.dhushara.com/cossym/index.htm

Attached: image_2022-04-30_220151560.png (2242x1354, 1.9M)

there is no "royal road" to mathematical knowledge
start from the beginning: khanacademy.org/math/k-8-grades
people who hate it invariably have weak foundations. which makes everything that builds on them a miserable experience

based

Yes, okay, but that's like making people do breathing exercises and stretches before they have ever tried climbing a hill. They don't see what it's for. You have to show them a mountain they eventually want to climb. Of course, they will fail at first, but that gets them excited. They have a goal in mind suddenly. Then, they look for tools to solve the first problem, how to climb a small hill. But they understand that it's about something BIGGER.

I think it's wrong to do this sort of "spoon feeding" approach and keep telling students "one day this will all come together and make sense". I think we are doing it totally wrong. Get them EXCITED first. These books are rubbish because they don't get anyone excited about math.

Or take all those piano lessons. It's all those fingering drills at the piano, day in and day out. You go through all them and you are excited about every piece you can play, but you are excited because you have first listened to what great music is LIKE. You have listened to some great composer, you have already fallen in love with music. Imagine teaching someone how to play the piano who has never heard any music.

That's how we teach math.

IQlets

It doesn't good until you look at shapes and wizard statements

I love you Dr Big Brainonymous

the Jew-controlled education system has instilled fear and loathing of numbers into its subjects. this will not be overcome by staring wistfully at a 3blue1brown video and saying "i wish i could do that, maybe next life". one must learn how to take charge. a confident command of the foundations unlocks all paths. this "two cultures" allergy to mathematics among the verbally intelligent is a hideously modern sickness

Paul F Kisak is my flouride detox watering hole. The Tau Manifesto is my anti soijak notation. Little rare jewels of good Pedagogy. Terry Davis inspired this guy on YouTube who swears during his calculus videos. There was also this semi jacked Latino lad who kms'd himself to death in real IRL because he was Blackpilled doomerpilled on his boomer parents.

Go play the football, says the tortoise

Well, fine. You're probably right. You have to start with the basics, but you should look up at the clouds and dream from time to time.

Greg Egan

I decided to do a math major after reading Diaspora in high school. Ended up dropping out of grad school though, turns out being interested is not the same as being talented.

holy hell I never knew this and explains a couple of things I suspected thank you user.

Borges
Also just go to /sci/ man

This desu. I recommend the 150th anniversary Annotated Alice

Spoken like a liberal arts degree burger flipper, or a NEET dropout.

and yet you respond
some part of you wants to change
take the leap

What was the last exercise you solved?

Gravity's Rainbow invented fractals

Attached: tempFileForShare_20220219-112715.jpg (1251x1135, 506.93K)

Good thread, bump

There is none, stick to textbooks and papers.
Most math that makes its way into novels is incredibly normie stuff and nonfiction is always incomplete, rarely enjoyable and (I believe) dangerous

fpbp

The Simpsons invented science lore

If you're a weeb, Math Girls. Series about girls in a math club.

kys tranny freak

>math
Wrong board. Post shelves.

Correct. quantityfags fuck off.