Thoughts on The Black Book of Communism? Is it a dangerous book? Is it accurate? etc

Thoughts on The Black Book of Communism? Is it a dangerous book? Is it accurate? etc.

Attached: mark-kramer-the-black-book-of-communism.jpg (828x1200, 92.17K)

"Moreover, three of the book's main contributors (Karel Bartosek, Jean-Louis Margolin, and Nicolas Werth)[6] publicly disassociated themselves from Courtois' statements in the introduction and criticized his editorial conduct.[35] Margolin and Werth felt that Courtois was "obsessed" with arriving at a total of 100 million killed, which resulted in "sloppy and biased scholarship",[38] faulted him for exaggerating death tolls in specific countries,[6][39]:194[40]:123 and rejected the comparison between Communism and NazismMoreover, three of the book's main contributors (Karel Bartosek, Jean-Louis Margolin, and Nicolas Werth)[6] publicly disassociated themselves from Courtois' statements in the introduction and criticized his editorial conduct.[35] Margolin and Werth felt that Courtois was "obsessed" with arriving at a total of 100 million killed, which resulted in "sloppy and biased scholarship",[38] faulted him for exaggerating death tolls in specific countries,[6][39]:194[40]:123 and rejected the comparison between Communism and Nazism."
Also a bunch of Indian dudes used the same methodology of reduced population growth = totally a murder to conclude that the British killed 2 billion people in India.

The BBC.

why did you make this thread again

It makes commies seethe. They cherry-pick singular criticisms and act like it undermines the entire tome (e.g. ). I'm happy crying faggots like didn't get you a ban and you were able to make the thread again.

Attached: stalin did noting wrong.jpg (800x2449, 403.5K)

Makes commies seethe as their failure of an ideology collapses in front of them, so its based.

Attached: based_america.png (1126x1126, 1.23M)

>uses wikipedia

>In a period of 40 years...
>ignores territorial changes
>puts in some big numbers unrelated to the argument being made
>puts them in a few more times for good measure
>doesn't plot population growth (because it would undermine the bullshit)
You're retarded.

>okay so communism failed but...
Yeah, I'm sure it'll work THIS time lmfao

This graphic seems inconsistent.

Thank you brother.

Check this one out too.

Attached: 34.jpg (326x500, 21.61K)

Opps. () was meant for .

Thank you bro, I will.

This book makes c*mmunists absolutely seethe.

If it's such a famous book, why does it cost $80?

It makes Bernie Sanders and Noam Chomsky squirm around uncomfortably in their loafers.

Attached: e755030ed1331c4feb7d3f933af5a9e0e8f1ce98603e3db9b6f637d9f514d398_3.jpg (640x640, 51.4K)

Because people are willing to pay that much, commie.

>he thinks murdering factory owners is bad

>hehehehehe lets just murder all of the successful people and then we'll get our utop--
>WHAT WHY IS OUR ECONOMY IN FREEFALL NOOOOOO NOT REEL COMMUNISM NOT REEL COMMUNISM NOT REEL COMMUNISM NOT REEL COMMUNISM NOT REEL COMMUNISM NOT REEL COMMUNISM NOT REEL COMMUNISM NOT REEL COMMUNISM NOT REEL COMMUNISM NOT REEL COMMUNISM

Communists never explain who will provide the work once they get rid of all the scary factory owners

Why are communists and anti-communists so fucking retarded
WHAT FACTORY OWNERS
WHAT FACTORIES
westerners live in financialized service sector economies. this whole conversation is so imbecilic. There are no more means of production, they're on the other side of the world, do you understand? Communism is a dead ideology that describes and criticizes the economic relations of 150 years ago.

>Communism is a dead ideology
I was with you till this part. Yes, things have changed and The plans made a hundred years ago didn’t pan out. Various modern communist schools of thought are currently figuring in the new circumstances, so it’s far from dead. It’s pretty much vindicated by the looming disaster state-capitalism brings us

Embrace MTW.

I bought it like 10 years ago. Still haven't read it, but it being on the shelf has been a good conversation starter and helps very quickly identify which people I've brought to my house should ever be welcomed back.

Useless without a holistic overarching understanding of Soviet intelligence operations and aims against the West, and specifically the USA starting with the conspicuous involvement of Lower East Side you-know-whos in Lenin's Swiss train car entourage out to the Eastern Front That and how it interfaces with their partners in China, Latin America, et. al.

The One-Child Policy alone probably killed 100 million.

But you hate girls

If I did, I'd've already trooned out.

Yes, exactly. It's a comprehensively failed system which killed tens of millions of people. And, that's what the book is discussing. You absolute knob.

No, I’m saying that the one child policy resulted in more males being born and kept.

bumo

this nigga finna be downright incensed when he runs the numbers on the victims of capitalism

Am I the only person who dislikes communism without feeling the need to manufacture ludicrous statistics to justify this belief? Are tens of millions of deaths not good enough?

You're using capitalism as a scapegoat for poverty. Tell me, what communist country has ever succeeded in NOT being totalitarian and running their economy into the ground? NONE OF THEM! That's because communism is really about tyranny, and its mirror is capitalism (ie liberty) (I'm not saying unfettered lassaiz faire, libertarian capitalism is good at all, don't get me wrong). But your mistake is confusing the privations associated with systemic poverty (but still under a liberal & free system) with what is a liberal and free system. Ask anybody who moved from the Eastern Bloc to the United States, UK, Canada, Australia, etc if they prefer it here and they will say yes.

Does the book really inflate the numbers? How would the layman reader know?

>systemic poverty
do you even hear yourself?
kek polls show people preferred communism

Capitalism is perilously close to cause our extinction, user. Communism is the imagined escape from that disaster. There are just attempts to reach it, not actual communism. No, stop. Your brain has been thoroughly infected with biased capitalist propaganda.
The death caused, whatever their numbers, are not excused, though some can be explained and actually blamed on liberal capitalism.

>polls show people preferred communism
According to commisar some fucking random user, that is.

Disliking communism doesn't mean I like capitalism or economic liberalism either, I should clarify

But you do defend it with your ignorance of the idealism of the left.
Read News from Nowhere by William Morris before?

I still haven't seen a serious Marxist discussion on gig economy. If gig workers agree with them, they are workers; if they don't, they are petite bourgeoisie.

I haven't. I would like to. Thanks for the recommendation

Mentioning the holocaust whenever any shitlib screams about how this book exaggerates numbers is fun.

That's funny.

>it's 912 pages long

Attached: BOOBA.gif (450x359, 356.06K)

Best thread on Yea Forums right now.

>There are no more means of production
you're the retard here. your understanding of the concept of means of production is at the level of a 5 year old. and you don't even understand the concept of productivity and what the implications are of having 14 million people in highly productive manufacturing, with regards to the quantity of industrial means of production employed
>the economic relations of 150 years ago.
that's not even the reason you're wrong, but it's ridiculous that you think you travel into the past when you fly over an ocean
where have you looked?

This one is light and tracks the continuity between Lenin's policies and Stalin's dictatorship.

Attached: 996.jpg (1558x2404, 407.32K)

>Source: The Stalin-haters won't believe any source

sorce is at the top
>moscow>moscow>moscow
LOL commies are the joke of the internet.

>Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Jackson, Lincoln, Truman

3 here are not like the others.

Three spoke English

Attached: 53B8CB5D-C93C-4B69-A4EA-9BFE808C518F.jpg (1120x839, 571.8K)

Lenin spoke English

Capital Vol 3

Beautiful.

>such a massive oversight in scholarship to create a biased point
>Ignore that, the rest of the book, that's the good shit
Why would I bother reading a book, when the writers admit it was garbage?

Is this the anti kommunist aktion thread now? I read this last year. Absolutely harrowing.

Attached: Survival in the Killing Fields.jpg (446x675, 149.61K)

I hate communism so much it's unreal.

Do you think Harvard University Press has ever released a banger, which sold hundreds of copies, or something? It's an academic book. That's why it's so expensive, plus it's 900 pages. You absolute retard.