What are some books about the consumerist rat race and how to escape it?

What are some books about the consumerist rat race and how to escape it?

Attached: polyp_cartoon_Rat_Race.jpg (720x550, 145.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_research
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Das Kapitlol

>how to escape it?
An adblocker and self-control.

is there an ad-blocker for real life?

Attached: 0990af05a.jpg (940x749, 272.13K)

Yes

Attached: efb.png (600x393, 73.79K)

Moving to middle of nowhere usually does the trick.

To escape the rat race, you have to stop being a rat.

That picture is from the middle of nowhere

the rat race is the nigger. Just don't be a nigger.

>when your brain is so fried from /pol/ tier racism that you can't make coherent sentences

nigger

This is your brain on /pol/

good. nigger.

That's clearly still somewhere. Middle of nowhere is nature all around and nearest civilization is some old village many kilometers away.

Attached: cabin-in-the-forest-85390977-4b08-411d-b5d9-812cb7012903.jpg (700x466, 103.65K)

read en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_research when you're ferling aloof

Marxists are guard dogs for capitalism. They enable the rat race while pretending to be against it.

Imagine not buy limited edition books for 325$

Capitalism is value neutral, peaceful and voluntary exchange that merely reflects whatever be the current zeitgeist. Stop blaming it for our moral deficiencies.

Op never mentioned capitalism

It’s actually an interchange, so by definition it’s the middle of everywhere.

Crime

Attached: BankRobber.png (1200x802, 828.95K)

Stop buying retarded things lol

Kek bunketranny got btfo

Nice headcannon

It's called moving out of America.

Unironically this

Attached: 51l5MuPPyJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (355x500, 31.57K)

>advertisements are manipulative!! they just want you to buy more!!

Attached: 6ca.png (645x973, 49.94K)

Yes that is the purpose of an advertisement.

Work harder. Don't buy more things. Save money. Invest money.

Retard how is it manipulative. If you don't want to buy something don't buy it.
No one is forcing you to buy anything.

I feel like this is bait, but they have teams of psychologists figuring out how to subliminally make you want to buy something. That's the whole point of advertising nowadays - it's not about selling you a product you want, it's about convicing you you want something you didn't even know you wanted.

strange that the zeitgeist has been degenerate ever since capitalism began

you're a fucking outdoors virgin.

have you done the math on homestead logistics?

you'd need to get a hundred couples together for it to work functionally. and then when youve gone through the hard work and somehow succeed, the feds will come down to fuck with you thinking youre a pedophile death cult and/or running drugs because their little brains cant fathom how yall could survive without the state.

fucking based.

keep big business and the state hamstrung with little wrenches in the geartrain.

pic rel is obviously too noticable and will get shut down faster than you could close a deal on a single chalet condo in Aspen, CO.

I'm aware that advertising today has incredible access to consumer data to micro-target advertising. As well as in advertising playing to a desire for recognition/status, to fear of loss (e.g flash deals), among other psychological tricks. All I'm saying is that at the end of the day if you're an intelligent person you choose how much you want to spend.

Your brain tends to block most of it out. There are studies that suggest people in supermarkets don't really pay attention to most other products than whatever they're in there to buy.

industrial society and its future

Attached: 1650484347298.jpg (1080x720, 779.61K)

I don't live in USA, the government here is actually encouraging people to move to remote places, so they can lower the pressure of overpopulation in big cities and revive small towns/villages. It's also significantly cheaper than trying to get an apartment in the city.
But even in USA I can't imagine it's that hard if one is really motivated. Where there's the will, there's the way.

being rich and only going to places that are curated the way you want, zooming in nprivate jet/taxi in-between

follow ur dreams

Attached: Perfume.jpg (640x993, 63.19K)

good for you, go get a bunch of friends and their partners and start a settlement like the yankee pilgrims (and, of course, keep your noses clean.)

in the US, especially after the blowouts of the 80s-2000s, with feds busting up the Branch Davidians, that family in Ruby Ridge Idaho, and Teddy K trying to murder a bunch of university IT teachers, going out into the woods with your own provisions as a suburbanite is considered a "red flag" in society.

the best way to divorce the system is to become a business owner of a fairly low maintenance operation and live in a backroom with your own distractions (like vidyas, neet out on imgboards, books, and model building) and then take a 4x4 or dualsport camping often. Otherwise, you could be a social recluse with access to the benefits of being in a community like groceries, libraries, and temples. And personal participation would be fairly optional. You can privately be the flakiest SOB anyone knows and still survive.

Work functionally for what? What are you trying to achieve with this. You can easily have it work well enough that you can live without starving or freezing to death.

Seems like you just want to live in society, in which case ngmi go kys.

to grow and preserve enough food enough that you dont need to go "resupply".

also, firewood, diesel, candles, etc.

>to grow and preserve enough food enough that you dont need to go "resupply".
Unless you live in literal Alaska or a desert this is honestly not very challenging. 1-1½ hectares should be plenty. More if you want to eat animal products and are not willing to fish/hunt for them.

>firewood
Literally a matter of how much land you can acquire and what trees you plant on it, not about how many people there are. In fact, more people requires more firewood requires longer distances to gather it.

>diesel
Get a horse.

>candles
Candles are stupid and highly inefficient if you actually rely on them for light. Oil lamps are much more practical. If your chemistry skills are up to par, you can make camphine and fuel them that way.

ah, the classic dunning kruger overconfidence I expected from Yea Forums. youre not so different from the regulars from /out/ /k/ /o/ or /pol/

it's painfully apparent that some people get their idea of reality from video games

I have been growing/hunting/fishing 80% of the calories I consume for 3 years now, living in central Finland (basically Alaska in terms of climate), on 2 hectares of land and a chicken coop. This was fairly trivial to achieve. Hardest part was learning the canning process.

I run electric lights, refrigeration/freezer, and this laptop with solar panels. This is somewhat tricky in the winter, but you can just toss things outside in the snow.

Of course, Finnish government doesn't hate hermits and I don't have to generate and save up money in case I have a medical emergency. There is also plentiful groundwater so I can get my water from a well - you might not be as lucky.

If you're determined to do this and have enough money to actually buy some land, I'm convinced it's doable without a large community. People on homesteading/permaculture forums on the internet do it all the time.

>.m.

jej

Earthship: how to build your own
Any gardening, homesteading, hunting, fishing, trapping books

And finally just look at senators investments and copy what they do. They have to publish them by law do just buy the same mutual funds the senators find stable and growing as often as you can

This was already solved in the 1970s. Heating? Solar. Cooling? Passive convection. Water? Cisterns. Food? Greenhousing. Then just add on whatever animals you want and hunt. You won't be completely self sustaining but you will pay no utilities and property tax is like $300 a year. You can barely work as hvac or remote work 2 or 3 days a week and be food to go on fixing up a compound.

Attached: G2_Global_model_Earthship_Taos_N.M..jpg (4592x2576, 2.37M)

Just don't build an earthship anywhere with low-reaching frost or radon

Anywhere sunny is better for greenhousing. High desert or lower plains states are pretty ideal for greenhousing and pasturing beef with cheap lamb. Plus plenty of deer and pronghorn and the rabbit hunting is easy in that kind of brush. Why would you attempt to go off grid somewhere costly with poor sunlight for growing? Plus that biome is extremely close to alpine pine forrests whether you are in south kansas and 8hrs to co, new mexico, arizona. High plains are cheap, good pasture, and sunny.

*cheap land

No, the feds are the pedophile death cult. They'll destroy you for trying to escape the system.

Most states have homestead exemptions for property tax.

based indivigualist who makes personal choices.

many such cases!

>Capitalism is value neutral, peaceful and voluntary exchange that merely reflects whatever be the current zeitgeist.
Capital accumulation, profit, dividends, exploitation, unfair competition, economic layoff even if the company is profitable, relocation for lower wages, mass immigration for important lower wages, mass pollution, monopolies, trusts, cartels, are value neutral.

Fuck off Aimee

Economic freedom in the west has been in nothing but decline for at least 200 years and was all but subverted since central banking took root. The correlation is inverted.

They're only marginally better

these threads are so retarded
>Just go to Bumfuck, Alaska if you don't like it bro