What's your *favorite* book? Don't lie, we're anonymous in here

What's your *favorite* book? Don't lie, we're anonymous in here.

Attached: w.png (563x223, 11.08K)

hamlet, the prelude, ulysses

....k....
k...
...kafka on the shore...
please don't Yea Forums gangbang me

Treasure Island

Crime and Punishment. I reread the part where Rodion dreams of that mule being whipped death once a month. Most intense thing I've read. The confrontation where Petrovich accuses Sonia of being a thief and the love Sonia shows Rodion when he reveals his crime are also pretty good moments. Book turned me from a slav-hater to a quasi-Russophile in a week

bro

he said don't lie

brlo what bro?

Attached: L.jpg (327x500, 35.93K)

mine are the books i read as a kid
winnie the pooh, alice, wind in the willows, stig of the dump, charlotte's web, all that kind of thing
and asterix. i usually find if someone hasn't read most of the asterix books they are not worth knowing.

My favorite from Shakespeare is the Taming of the Shrew

I really enjoy reading Chapo Guide to Revolution. Lighthearted, and lulls me to sleep gently with a chuckle. Lolita is my favorite novel.

2666 gravity’s rainbow or Ulysses

Original I know

>not having spinoza on that list
ngmi

Name of the Rose, with a close second

where is the rest of OP's chart

The Waves by Woolf
pls no bully

Brothers Karamazov

Attached: b.png (939x243, 15.47K)

i didnt. those are all very conventionally enjoyable, poppy books.

I hate books

The Bible

Just kidding. It’s Lolita.

oops i fucked up

Joseph and His Brothers

Reading Shogun when I was 17 was the most fun reading experience I've had. I wouldn't say it's my favorite book, but I remember that time fondly.

;

Hack

Naked Lunch
Breakfast of champions
The temple of the golden pavilion
Blue of noon

Infinite Jest and Ulysses
>he said don't lie
There's something about those two books that calms me down

Attached: image_2022-04-25_174144608.png (388x388, 154.17K)

God Emperor of Dune and I don't care who knows.

Brothers Karamazov
The Elder Zosima chapters alone were enough to break and rebuild me. Dostoevsky was ahead of his time

Brave New World or Crime and Punishment. I also really like Catcher in The Rye and Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Catcher in the Rye

gay

What do the yellow and green denote? and is this just a a chronology of influential

nothing i just did that to make it easier to visualize

Spring Snow by Yukio Mishima. I just think it's nice.

probably blood meridian, before that I was really stephen king and "genre shit", but that book broke my brain by the end of it (alliteration intended).

Demons, dostoy

motorman

love in the time of cholera

Iliad or DQ, loved both

Don Quix

Infinite Jest is probably my favorite book too. I was a heroin addict the first time I read it which probably explains a lot.

Joan of Arc by Mark Twain

Attached: chad 3.jpg (1280x720, 64.66K)

Jane Eyre
The Arithmancer (a Hermione granger fanfic)

I'm not even a girl.

What's good about arithmancer? Does arithmancy actually turn out to be magic and not just maths for wiztards?

Homeless junkie or high functioning

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

followed by The Once and Future King

Yes Arithmancy isn't just algebra class. The magic is developed well. Probably more sensibly than j.k did. But I meant I enjoyed the story. Particularly the first few chapters which didn't break the canon at all, even though Hermione is a math genius the boys don't even notice. I was a little disappointed that wasn't maintained the entire book but I still enjoyed the story.

(and ok perhaps I'm no good judge of what is a great work fit for the western canon, but it's better than many published works I've had to read.)

Brothers Karamazov. The 'The Grand Inquisitor' chapter was like an out of body experience, that was my "Stoner hearing Shakespeare for the first time" moment. Exhilarating

Phenomenology of Spirit

Lolita. I don't know if it's possible for any book to be better.

Little Big Man

Samyutta Nikaya. I don't remember any other book putting me in shock so many times with its conclusions. Still makes me think about what the fuck was original buddhism.

Twain himself felt that was his best, even though it was a flop both at the time and ever since.

I'll have to read it someday. It sounds like it deserves more love.

Napoleon the Great. Not fiction. Not philosophy. It reigns above all.

Tie between Moby-Dick and Paradise Lost. I'm sorry I don't have guilty pleasures

The Old Man and the Sea

Murphy by Beckett :DDD

There's an intense chapter in Demons that hits me hard around that level of intensity. Anyone who's read the book probably knows what I'm talking about