What the fuck was his problem? Was he autistic?

What the fuck was his problem? Was he autistic?

Attached: 49552._UY2400_SS2400_.jpg (2400x2400, 280.19K)

The sun was too bright.

What do you mean?

Ponder the question for a moment, i think you will find the answer.

he was totally distraught by his mother's death. he couldn't get a single wink of sleep. he lost track of days and couldn't remember if she died that very day or the day prior.

pic not related

Attached: TheSTranger.jpg (1280x1440, 201.29K)

Okay maybe but how can we know this without knowing what he was like prior to her death?

He was overweight. It's no wonder he sweat so much.

he was literally me

Pathological case of cognitive dissonance which might have been harboured by his inability of saying no to people.

Arabs.

Attached: gettyimages-1045061080-scaled.jpg (2560x1707, 327.56K)

Trips plz

this but unironically. i lose my inhibition and get irrationally irritable when I'm too warm

what the fuck

I am a god.

You're Satan, not God and don't try to fool me you fag.

Hated the main character by the end of the book, didn't even care about the moral of the story by then. Was just frustrated to no end that he didn't try to argue self-defense and got executed because of it

Give your boipussy into me.

you sound like a woman. please leave my board

Attached: 1626294534458.jpg (680x794, 65.5K)

I'd imagine it has something to do with the fact he has no bond to his family.

Are you retarded? What the fuck

First part was good. Second part was just a Reddit atheist cringe rant.

legend

Attached: photo_2022-04-06_20-54-46.jpg (1057x588, 51.58K)

This but reversed

What was the moral of the story? Dont be so unemotional about everything?

tell us your wisdom satan

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10.34K)

I thought the Stranger was pretty boring desu. Tried twice and couldn't get into it.

The Myth of Sisyphus is easily one of the greatest works of modern literature tho ... imo

can anyone refute this?

Hail Satan, moving on

Attached: large.jpg (800x450, 60.54K)

he wanted to kill himself. shot the ara8 five times in total, leaving one 8ullet for himself. thats why he calls so much attention to his forehead in that scene. he wanted to shoot himself in the forehead with the last 8ullet.

>can anyone refute this random opinion?

Attached: 1598268871457.jpg (211x239, 9.16K)

it's literary in the book

It makes more sense if Marsuilt was Algerian. Nothing between their ears. Except violence.

this is my takeawayhe's a bugman. it's not really his fault. there is no love in his life and never has been. he more or less does not exist.

showing the absurdity of the world by showing how ridiculous societal standard sound when tried to be applied on somebody who doesn't care in the slightest.

Manners really do still matter.

Was he racist towards arabs? saw somone on reddit say that but I just don't see how that is the case.

> reddit

no the protag was just a retard

Thread

>literature
i dont think it counts as literature

he was islamophobic and he hated his mother

He was not racist towards arabs, the fact that "arabs" had no specific name in the novel was a direct criticism of the current relationship between french and algerian back when Algeria was a french colony.
Back then, french and algerian were able to work and live together on a "society" level but they were still separated due to their cultural differences.
It was actually common to call someone who was not in your cultural group for what they were, arabs, spanish, metropolitan etc

Im pretty sure reffering somonone by the group they belong to is still pretty common, atleast in EU but maybe americans think thats racist kek

>Referring someone by the group he belongs is common
Yes, I agree and I dont consider that racist either ( EU as well )
It is probably because the arabs were never named, it was also the case during the trial.
The trial is supposed to be a criticism of the Nuremberg Trial, imo the "trolldit" guy purposely misinterpreted this aspect of the novel to make the statement that Camus was racist.

Considering Camus wrote several articles decrying France’s treatment of Arabs when he was a journalist it seems unlikely. And even if Mersault was it would probably be meant to show how fucked up it was that no one really gave a shit about the dead man in particular because he was an Arab.

He deserved to die for accepting that coffee

Is this thread some kind of in-joke? Am I not getting the humor of this place?

At the risk of ruining your party, I just wanted to point out that The Stranger is basically an entry level book for people interested in existentialism through a nihilistic lens. Camus centralized the absurd as the focal point of the story, not the main character. You can clearly see this by the apathy he feels (or rather lack of feeling) for everything and himself, the meaninglessness of death (his mother, the guys he randomly shoots etc.) and he grotesque nature of how he conducts himself during the story. The Stranger is an extremely simple novel, but it's supposed to be this way. Bland, jaded and full of all-encompassing contempt for rationality.

Some say that Camus was a glorified novelist instead of a philosopher, and I tend to agree for the most part, but that doesn't mean he didn't infuse philosophy into his novels.

Attached: yeji bunny.jpg (2731x4096, 1.74M)

this has to be bait

Attached: weeb.png (750x734, 764.24K)

He literally did nothing wrong

FUCK SATAN
FUCK SATAN
FUCK SATAN

I'm not Satan. But I did make that post

Okay... I'm listening.

Attached: 1620549559467.jpg (600x350, 20.87K)

quantity > quality

>Hated the main character by the end of the book,
missing the point this badly

Whao

>missing the point
what was the point? that we outcast those who abandon society and live like a ghost?

Mersault was a pleb who just lusted an lived like a NPC in other words APATHY

Christsisters... we lost

this is decent bait

No he was the opposite of an NPC, unlike an npc he does not give a single fuck about what society thinks of him and he does not act according to societal norms.