Now that the dust has settled, why did he do it?

Now that the dust has settled, why did he do it?

Attached: mishima.jpg (1100x865, 229.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1975/09/28/archives/the-nobility-of-failure.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kino

To send a message, and to die heroically. These two motivations became synonymous in the action.

Some say it was as much an insult to the Emperor as an honour.

It's pretty fucking obvious why he did it
I'd suggest you read his writings and an account of his life

Maybe his butt hurt

He wanted fo die relatively young while his body was still beautiful because he was scared of his body growing old. He was extremely vain and obsessed with his appearance. Gay men have even more body issues and insecurities than women.

The most central and foundational part of his life, from which everything else flowed, was that he was a giant attention-whoring faggot queen.

This is not to be confused with his homosexuality; his homosexuality is incidental rather than constitutive, but nonetheless derived from the fact that he was a giant attention-whoring faggot queen, namely via the fact that women are not capable of the boundless adoration and worship that men are, necessitating that Mishima become a homosexual to satisfy his giant attention-whoring faggot queen impulses by being adored and worshipped by those most capable of it, i.e. men.

The same fundamental explanation goes for his books, with all their boring bourgeois pseudo-transgression, expertly tip-toeing the exact line between a harmless eccentricity vis-a-vis social norms, attracting large crowds on account of its peculiarity and shocking nature to pearl-clutching normies, but never once crossing the line into real transgression, something that would alienate the normie crowds in his book. Oh wow, the character killed a cat and seems indifferent, very transgressive, such symbol.

However, this not being enough to satisfy his giant attention-whoring faggot queen impulses, he established the perfect situation for himself with his poorly attempted coup: either he would succeed and be the primus motor of a return to imperial Japan, or he would fail and spectacularly kill himself. Both options would secure him a place in the history books, satisfying his giant attention-whoring faggot queen impulses. It could not fail, or so Mishima thought.

In a pure show of ironic force crafted by the hand of God himself, his feeble 5'1 body was not capable of producing enough volume in his voice, in the speech to instigate the coup, for the soldiers below the balcony to hear him - it cannot be stressed enough what a fundamental and metaphysical failure this was for the faggot queen who craved nothing but attention. One can only speculate, but it is possible that this alone was enough for his seppuku to be motivated by more than attention-whoring, that he felt, for once, actual shame. Even further getting blown the fuck out by God, his backup plan, that would honorably remove him from this world in a faggy-aesthetic way, failed - his secondary, who was to decapitate him after he had disemboweled himself, was too weak to do so, and tried three times to separate head from body, failing each time.

In short: he did it to satisfy his narcissist, faggot queen urges; what he attained instead was becoming a joke so sophisticated and perfect that it must have come about by divine intervention.

I was not expecting a diss this hard... I'm actually speechless.

Really? Because it’s projection from someone that never did anything.

For sure, but the last paragraphs, especially the part about the failed decapitation, makes me want to cry or throw up.

>The same fundamental explanation goes for his books, with all their boring bourgeois pseudo-transgression, expertly tip-toeing the exact line between a harmless eccentricity vis-a-vis social norms, attracting large crowds on account of its peculiarity and shocking nature to pearl-clutching normies, but never once crossing the line into real transgression, something that would alienate the normie crowds in his book. Oh wow, the character killed a cat and seems indifferent, very transgressive, such symbol.
huh, i've always struggled with putting into words just why i dislike his books so much and this perfectly captures it

To cum

>google
>its true
Holy lmao this nigga really was 5'1. I thought he was tall (for asian) because he lifted natty and still remained a dyel. Apparently he was just terrible at fitness. Imagine failing to put on any bulk as a hypermanlet. His anus was probably the only muscle he worked out for real.

Well, user, you speak like someone who actually did something. Committed sepukku perhaps?

There is some merit in what you say, but I don't think you've ever really read Mishima's novels, plays and essays. There's a lot more to him than
>bourgeois pseudo-transgression
Jut because he prefers a more subtle aesthetic approach over a Patrick Bateman-like gore fest doesn't mean the transgression isn't there. Presumably, you're American, and as such are used to constant sensory overload in media.

Attached: Rene Magritte Ed.jpg (1149x1416, 277.02K)

How do people have the gall to write such tripe like this. This is a 'male' website but in temperament it is absolutely female, vindictive, and 'gossipy'.

I'll tell you why he killed himself. Because the world has changed, and he could not recognize himself in it. Japan did a cultural 180 after being conquered by the Americans. He was a romantic and poetic soul who regretted not dying on the battlefield with the rest of his countrymen. He chose to die, rather than to live in a world he does not recognize as his. It's Tragic.

>huh, i've always struggled with putting into words just why i dislike his books
If you're not reading his books in Japanese then you're not reading Mishima.

He was so obsessed with death to the point where he wanted his death to be as cinematic as possible. He couldn't die in a war obviously and dying old in a retirement home wasn't cinematic so he had to do this crazy shit.

He was horny

I mean, if you just use your brain for 10 seconds it should be obvious. The guy almost certainly suffered from some kind of neurotic disease, either an anxiety disorder or something worse like schizophrenia, and on top of this disorder he was indoctrinated into Shinto militarism and god-emperor worship at a very young age, dreaming that he would die in war against the great Satan America.

Since he didn't die a glorious death in battle clearly he spent the remainder of his life trying to create a fiction where he did instead.

Lack of big gaijin cock.

Pls read a book lol this is embarrassing

>Google
>It's True
What makes you unquestioningly believe Google is the supreme authority on people's height, or on anything else for that matter? Take it from a height autist, Mishima was not 5'1, he was about 5'4, still small, but about average for a Japanese man of his era.

>Words, Japan
Suck my dick weeb bitch

Incredible levels of seethe and cope.

You clearly haven't read any of his books nor his autobiographies user. Half his own books are about a sad weak teenager not having the guts to be a faggot, or they are about how beautiful it is to die.

He was obviously mentally ill.

>He was obviously mentally ill.
Name one author who isn't.

You just don't understand how prose works.

Mishima is the only man in history who I found I every really related to.
Championing virile masculinity and the virtues of conquerers and those who respond as dionosyis would to the call of the struggle of life—yet ourselves being the complete . Romantic dreamers who live mostly in the images created in our heads. Delicate in both the physical and spiritual sense, dainty and yielding.

At least Mishima was a homosexual, and he could allow a man to 'conquer' him. I am however destined for solitude.

Attached: 5868f2108ca86a3ecadfabb3f91b65b4-116.jpg (640x640, 211.07K)

>Mishima is the only man in history who I found I every really related to.
Then you're a larper.

>Mishima is the only man in history who I found I every really related to.

Attached: MishimaIsPureHeterosex.jpg (600x904, 124.32K)

Mishima was no LARP. He was caught in between two civilizations with completely different values. Most of his childhood friends died in a war he was prohibited from participating due to his health. Everything which to him is virtue was not valued in the new post war society. He could not cope with it. I doubt he even wanted to start a 'coup'. But to give a really public statement of how shameful he thought the situation of Japan was. He died in a way which was honorable to the laws he felt were sacred. There is definitely something to respected in that.
I wouldn't mind being gay. It would make some things easier. Though I most certainly am not. [I checked!]

Attached: Yukio-Mishima-graduate-Japan-1947.-Photo-unkown_thumb.jpg (662x828, 66.13K)

>I'll tell you why he killed himself. Because the world has changed, and he could not recognize himself in it. Japan did a cultural 180 after being conquered by the Americans. He was a romantic and poetic soul who regretted not dying on the battlefield with the rest of his countrymen. He chose to die, rather than to live in a world he does not recognize as his. It's Tragic.
Nigga, he used to have men tie him up so he could pretend to seppuku and he would cum from that alone. Plenty of people (i.e. 90% of anons) hate modernity but don't commit ritualized suicide after romanticizing and sexualizing it their entire lives.

>Nigga, he used to have men tie him up so he could pretend to seppuku and he would cum from that alone.
That's a Yea Forums meme

>Plenty of people (i.e. 90% of anons) hate modernity but don't commit ritualized suicide after romanticizing and sexualizing it their entire lives.
That's because they're LARPers. They don't have what it takes.

you have been
>retroactively refuted
by one of his aphorisms:
_The cynicism that regards hero worship as comical is always shadowed by a sense of physical inferiority_
It was one of the greatest works of art in the latter half of the 20th century

There isn't a person who posts any of these youth pictures of this kid in his little sailor outfit who is not a pedophile. You're a dirty pervert, user. Don't get close to boys now, will you.
That aside, Mishima is nothing like you. He wasn't some pathetic slug, some hypocrite, who idolized struggle yet was himself soft; he actualized those ideals, even unto death, he turned himself from soft to hard.
Lastly Mishima had a family, and he had friends and admirers and I highly doubt he was the passive participant whenever he would visit those bars and brothels.

I think he looks nice when he's young.
When he gets older, he looks kind of lonely.

Attached: ms3.jpg (600x400, 23.06K)

>a sense of physical inferiority
>5'1

Unironically screencapping this to make Mishimafags seethe in all their threads in perpetuity.

Lots of reasons. The guy was suicidal, self-hating, larped as someone from older times and was even more fascinated with death than the average jap artist.
Also, he was obsessed with the frontier between concepts he saw as opposite and his whole suicide represented a lot of them in ways both symbolic and literal.

its a pretty cringe post, where he just says the word faggot a bunch of times incessantly to make his underdeveloped point seem worthwhile.

It's quite the sperg.

Attached: chad mish.jpg (909x1079, 161.17K)

How did a fag like Mishima manage to write such a masculine book like "The sailor who fell from grace with the sea" ?

>underdeveloped
In fairness, it is actually a pretty comphrensive argument as to why Mishima is indeed a faggot (although the term is overused), and the point about "a show of ironic force crafted by God himself" is pure kino.

>"honor"
>fails decapitation 3 times
>slaughtering him like an underdeveloped teenage greenhorn farmhand would a pig
>"glory"

>[cums violently]
Grab your facial expression flashcards and look up the closest thing you can think of to
"sublime bliss." Get it now, autist?

Attached: imageedit_3_9223406199.png (1000x667, 999.52K)

Masculinity is not at odds with bisexuality.

>bourgeois
Ah, so the unironic use of this word basically means that you're a seething tranny. Stopped reading right there.

Kino (Mishima's life, not your post).

its really is actually not.
mentions a scene in sailor, makes some strawmans about what he thinks mishima thought,mentions the obvious that mishimas suicide was botched (how this makes mishima an attention whore is unclear) without any real evidence from mishimas text or any understanding of what mishima wanted to accomplish with his so called "transgressions". He basically made zero argument and has zero basis and just made random facts cohere to an argument not based in any sort of truth or evidence

>The same fundamental explanation goes for his books, with all their boring bourgeois pseudo-transgression,
Mishima's purpose was never to portray transgression, either pseudo or real. Claiming otherwise is is like saying Dostoevsky wanted to shock people with the "transgressive" murder scene in Crime & Punishment, an utterly insipid and dull interpretation that misses the whole point, only the most uninspired and banal can come up with retarded critique such as that. You're saying a lot of empty words and I'll prove it by asking you the following question, what exactly do you define real transgression to begin with and how can somebody portray it to your satisfaction?

>or he would fail and spectacularly kill himself. Both options would secure him a place in the history books, satisfying his giant attention-whoring faggot queen impulses.
Death undoes all and you're too much of a blind faggot pseud to realize that all these sorts of illusions fall flat on their face in your mind when you're looking death in the eyes. You are so safe and complacent that you can't even imagine that a man staring death in the face would have a different way of viewing things then someone sitting comfy in his armchair like you are. The fact that Mishima looked death in the eyes and still chose to proceed is proof that he was being led by something more elemental in his spirit, something you assume doesn't exist because you've never felt it in your life being a boring lukewarm spineless faggot.

Rest of your post is bait that I won't bother responding to. You said a whole lot of nothing and retards here eat it up because you mingled your words with le ebin maymays. This place is truly shit.

>namely via the fact that women are not capable of the boundless adoration and worship that men are
t. incel

>confused with his homosexuality
>homosexuality is incidental rather than constitutive
>boring bourgeois pseudo-transgression, expertly tip-toeing
>but never once crossing the line into real transgression
>the fact that women are not capable of the boundless adoration and worship that men are
>feeble 5'1 body was not capable of producing enough volume
>by the hand of God himself
>blown the fuck out by God
>a joke so sophisticated and perfect
user is insecure about his own homosexuality.

his life was pretty cool lol, he based and cute

this, the post sounds like a women trying to diss someone

nytimes.com/1975/09/28/archives/the-nobility-of-failure.html

This is one of the best explanations for why he did it. He already knew it would fail. It was an action in line with other Japanese historical figures, and it made his pp hard.

>pseudo-transgression
What do you mean by this? His approach to violence was never to transgress or offend people, that's an American thing. It (was) common in Japanese culture to merge eroticism with violence. That's what he was aiming for, spirituality and ecstasy tinged with pain. In the West, I'd imagine it was something shocking, but not in Japan.

Mishima can be many things. It's already been observed by himself that he was a narcissist and all that, but he remains sincere in his beliefs nonetheless. I mean, he died for them.

Mishima was Japan's Byron. As with all things in Japan, they overdid it.

He had borderline personality disorder.

If you haven't seen the last debate don't even bother to talk. It's a shame it only came out recently but it explains much of his thought process, if you're not a brainlet and can listen and understand that is.

The sheer amount of seethe and cope from weebs who think dying is cool is astounding. 10/10, excellent piece of Mishima scholarship.