Unless you have a better collection than this you may not post here

Unless you have a better collection than this you may not post here

youtu.be/kwl3qc7g7mY

Please ignore his rubbing hands logo

Attached: 1623505018463.jpg (1280x720, 112.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vxY9dtERNoA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_magic
justinsledge.com/faq
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty nuts. I wonder how much of it he reads

This guy is a real man. I can tell by how he chops wood and that he has a big sign to let me know.

>please ignore rubbing hands logo
>dude with massive jew beard and kippa
>first 20 minutes is all jewish texts
okay user

He is a communist. This is the worst combination of Judaism possible. Globalism and esoterism, a guy who doesn't believe in God yet wears a yarmulke. Although I hate Marxism, he might be an interesting channel to follow.

>gay lisp

Attached: 1650270970012.jpg (1076x1076, 162.75K)

Yes his attachment to Marxism despite being so well read otherwise is a mystery

It absolutely does not count if 3/4 of your collection is rabbinic law.

youtube.com/watch?v=vxY9dtERNoA
This is what it takes to be a real scholar

one the one had im impressed it's all very expansive and scholarly and the guy clearly has a good pedagogic rabbinical mind, but it's too encyclopedic. For a guy studding religion, mysticism and witchcraft my feeling is that there is ironically little insight in what he says.
Why is it that this guy, like Malcolm Guite, and a few other people i follow, are all fantasy, DND , sword and sorcery nerds?

Still good collection overall, despite some odd omissions.

It would be better to own a small number of books you care about than a large number which take up space. Keep the ones that aren't digitized if you have to.

What books would you have added to round out his library? It seems pretty exhaustive for a library focused around religion and esotericism to me. Possibly missing some Schuon but he seems uninterested in the traditionalists.

Well for example the Renaissance is summed up with Pico and Ficino, which is odd considering how extensive the list could be:
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_magic

not to mention people like Peiresc or Vala who were always on the edge of heresy.

also there is a comparative lack of christian mystics, which i get, it's not his thing, but still.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17.98K)

So he's a jew. No mystery there.

He's not actually a Jew though. He just LARPs as one.

go on ... is he a convert, was he something else?

He's a convert, yes. He's married to a rabbi in a very liberal almost atheistic strain of Judaism and he himself says he's an atheist.

>What is your philosophical, metaphysical worldview?
I would consider myself a dialectical materialist in the tradition of Structural Marxism. With a little whiskey I am soft on Lukács.

>Do you believe in God?
I don't find the conception of god(s) either metaphysically convincing or mythologically desirable, i.e., I have no good reasons to think such beings exist and, given what I have learned about the lot of them, I hope none of them do.

>What are your religious beliefs? Are you a rabbi?
I am Jewish, belong to the Reconstructionist movement, and closely align myself with the teachings of Rabbi Mordecai Kaplan, z”l. I’m not a rabbi but I am married to one.

justinsledge.com/faq

>I don't find the conception of god(s) either metaphysically convincing or mythologically desirable, i.e., I have no good reasons to think such beings exist and, given what I have learned about the lot of them, I hope none of them do.
Then why the hell is he Jewish? Lol

Alright so it's a LARP, good for him.
I've got little love for hasidic judaism but considering just how difficult and unrelentingly 'pure' that life is i atleast respect their determination,-- though ideally they should stay far away from me. This guy just wants to bang a Jewish chick, i can respect that.

Jews are ethnicity too. I doubt what other user said, Jews are hesitant to accept converts.

funny how every religious scholar i know IRL and the few i watch on youtube are all atheists.

Religion is not a thing to believe, but just another 'subject' to be consumed by the university.
If someone is willing to pay then we will teach it.

So he converted to another ethnicity...?

>Paying to be taught by someone who doesn't understand what they're teaching
No thanks. Nobody who actually understands Plotinus would be an atheist.

>jew
>"some obligatory Jackson Crawford stuff"
okay based

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.

You can be a white dude that dresses, talks, and lives like an inner city black; but you’ll never be black.
She the Seinfeld episode where the dentist converts to judaism for the jokes.

Why?

I could believe that he is a convert, but where did you find this information?

I don't see him saying anything about conversion, he might be born yo jewish parents, and by some miracle he inherited his jewish ethnicity from his parents. Making him inborn jew, who is atheist.

The link is right there at the bottom of the post...

Didn’t he say on a livestream he is a Reconstructionist Jew and recommended Mordecai Kaplan’s books?

He's such a weird individual. I watch his channel because its sometimes a really good introduction to some interesting subjects. But he's like reddit incarnate. There's no substance and real spiritual depth in him. In spite of this he seems like a nice guy.

He also lead a cult in high school and was involved with a school shooting. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting same Justin Sledge

I find Kabbalah interesting froma purely conceptual perspective, but everything else about Judaism I find profoundly repulsive, I don't even know why. Should I start reading Schuon or would I just be wasting my time with semitic schizo ramblings?

His voice has an asmr quality that makes watching him difficult

There's some good stuff in Jewish mysticism but I think it's normal to find a lot of it repulsive because of how much of it revolves around ramblings about non-Jews being soulless golems whose fate is to be slaves to the Jews. Jewish theology is the most unapologetically ethnocentric theology of any religion in the world. There's some especially nasty stuff in there about Christians in particular.

Even in the Quran it speaks highly of Christ, the gospels and Christians. The Talmud contains a litany of the most vile curses and insults towards Christians you could possibly come up with.

>The Talmud contains a litany of the most vile curses and insults towards Christians you could possibly come up with
Right, historically Jews have been nothing but hateful towards every single group of people that wasn't them, yet no one is willing to state the obvious.
There are some videos on youtube about a guy that goes around Israel asking people questions and on one of them he asks what they think about Jesus and you see them getting on the defensive instantly, they look bothered as soon as he mentions the name, and we all know how much more vile some answers would be if there were no cameras. After all the Talmud says Jesus is boiling in hell in a cauldron full of his own excrements.
I can see beauty and trascendence in almost every single religion, Eastern religions, Islam, ancient paganisms, but Judaism just seems rotten to the core.

You can study Neoplatonism without ever having to touch Kabbalah.

wow! this is real!

What if I don't care about mysticism in general? Do I not belong here?

you don't, sorry

Jewish bitterness has been a thing since the fall of the Second Temple. After that the Jews became paranoid and insular, and they had to find new ways to believe in God after it became apparent that God's covenant with them was just mere air. They're God's chosen people alright, the ones he chose to get assfucked. And it was perfectly timed, it fell just decades after Jesus. Basically that whole time period was primed to make them bitter as fuck and it shows.

Ah fuck, that was for you

>From occultism to D&D
from shitty to shittier.

There is also a tragic aspect about all of it. If Jesus was indeed the Messiah the chosen people of God will have been cursing Him for 2000 years. Every single Jew since 100BC would be in Hell and all the suffering of the diaspora would have been for nothing, or even a punishment for their rejection.of Christ. It'd be a hard to swallow pill for them, I don't even blame them individually, but they have been digging their own grave for millenia.
They chose their own pride as a people over a message of universal love and they have been paying the price since then.
I still like the concept of the Kabbalah and think it could be interesting digging into it though.

>I can see beauty and trascendence in almost every single religion
>Islam
Lmao

Oddly he's missing this

Attached: 512XprBxvNL.jpg (348x500, 57.77K)

This dude looks like a massive faggot. Anyways, someone redpill me on Jewish mysticism.

Epitome of this quote

Attached: 1650404972279.jpg (850x400, 44.94K)

>Atheist teaching religion classes
I can't think of any reason besides subversion, why anyone would study and teach a subject they despise so much. That is like a Republican teaching a courses on women studies and queer theory.

Probably because its impossbile to find a copy anywhere

Why would you assume that an atheist despises religion?

Can you teach a class on Greek mythology without sacrificing to Zeus?

>despise
Please stop believing that all atheists are ultra rude fedora tippers. It'd be like calling you a bible-bashing zealot. I unironically believe that religion is the pinnacle of human thought. But I also believe that if there is a God then he isn't to be found in human thought.

>After that the Jews became paranoid and insular, and they had to find new ways to believe in God after it became apparent that God's covenant with them was just mere air.
Imagine getting so assblasted by religious dissidents who teach from a Greek translation of your scripture that you seethe so hard, that you rewrite your own scripture and burn the original, just to discredit a religious movement started by a ragtag team of fishermen, tax collectors, and peasants.

>He's a convert, yes. He's married to a rabbi in a very liberal almost atheistic strain of Judaism and he himself says he's an atheist.

Attached: tjgfgfhg.jpg (260x194, 5.85K)

I've tried to watch this guy's videos a few times but he's the most robotic, uninteresting individual with an interest in the occult I've ever come across.

I got about four minutes in then died of utter boredom. I am a ghost typing this.
Fuck you Esoterica and fuck you OP. Though you are probably one and the same.

Why the fuck does he reads teology and metaphysics when he doesnt even believe in god? What a profane mother fucker

If there's one thing I hate more than a Jew, it's a commie