What does your mother read?

What does your mother read?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Can-Speak-Manager-Eve-Emelia/dp/1723935662
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

analytic "philosophers"

How we die
Kite runner
That's all I remember

Nothing

amazon.com/Can-Speak-Manager-Eve-Emelia/dp/1723935662

David Sedaris, Augusten Burroughs, a lot of non-fiction history books and shit

Jo nesbo

This

Christian lit and disaster stories

no one read in my family including me

Celebrity biographies/autobiography

you American?

50 shades of gray and similar garbage

Attached: 1621031989822.jpg (768x1024, 90.1K)

She doesn't read much any more, but when she was young she was into occult/pagan hippie stuff. Her basement still has all her books on germanic mythology, witches, the upanishads, etc.

my mother, who is in her 50's, only reads YA fantasy and science fiction novels.

Yes

I wasn't aware Savitri Devi had any children

Quran when she has time to in the morning.

Biology/Genetics, New England/Colonial history, and popular pseudo-conspiracy books like the one on Hunter Biden's laptop

sounds cool

Unironically books about cats

Attached: 0446407410.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg (339x500, 31.51K)

>What does your mother read?

Attached: 1485471028335.jpg (1280x1004, 128.91K)

She seems smart.

retards on this board think they're special but most karens have read the critique of pure reason cover to cover. karen reads gravity's rainbow on the beach in aruba and had more original and incisive thoughts about it than you ever will. karen did her undergrad in english lit and philosophy before her career as an accountant's personal assistant and basically, you're a faggot. have sex incel

Woman don't read, they look a words.

I think she read a Stephen King book 30 years ago.

She reads what she gets recommended, or the newest book by an author she already read a previous book from.

She wants to read the second sex when i'm done with it.

Light crime novels. To be fair, she's a medical doctor who works 60 hour weeks at an age where all her peers are retiring and is often too tired to read anything with more substance at the end of the day.

>substance
And what is more substance to you? Sitting on Yea Forums arguing with idiots?

Christian lit
The bible
Magazines for women (clothes, home, etc)

Btfo

She used to be a massive SF and mystery fan, but has given up on reading in the last decade or so. Probably when she realized smartphones were a thing and is now constantly online.

Attached: TheFeatheredSerpent-C3.jpg (399x640, 103.22K)

>And what is more substance to you? Sitting on Yea Forums arguing with idiots?
I think you should work on your reading comprehension.

She reads what I tell her to read

Attached: _ground.jpg (479x315, 33.24K)

half of a lot of books

The only book I've ever seen her read is 12 Rules For Life by Jordan Peterson

I don't believe she has ever read a book before but she "claims" her favorite book of all time is Walden Two.

Mostly paperback mystery novels with female detectives. They almost always have a pun for a title, and the protagonist always seems to own a small business that's unrelated to being a detective. Picrel is about a woman who owns a flower shop I believe, and I think I remember seeing ones about a baker and others about a bookstore owner. Similar to I presume?
She was a theatre major though, and she was familiar with all the standards I had to read in gradeschool and college. So she must have read more widely in the past.

Attached: BD40609D-9EB8-4B29-95B1-1CA82616C039.jpg (375x500, 44.48K)

>What does your mother read?
she cant read

Wilbur Smith. He sounds like an annoying anti-racist cunt to me though.

When she was younger she would read just about anything, but ever since her eyesight got bad and reading started to give her headaches she only watches TV, mostly low budget romance movies or action series (she loves the new Magnum).

>Crime thriller
>Feminist Yea Forums, first and second wave only she's a TERF in denial
>Celebrity autobiography
She cannot entertain anything that's in any way fantastical or allegorical, as kids she didn't like us reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe because she thought it was rotting our brains. Anything technical is also off the table as I tried to get her to read some /bizlit/ in 2020 when she wanted to know about crypto and GME for a few days, she said it was too boring. I've thought about trying to get her to read the creature from Jekyll Island

Mostly best sellers and novels by african women. I just got her to read Herzog though

She liked reading journals and period writings of the wild west
A lot of new age spiritual stuff
She had almost every book by Susanne Somers

She was reading the Bible again apparently, when I was going through her stuff after she died she had a bible open on her desk. I hope it brought some peace in her final years to a very troubled woman

My mom reads the Bible every morning and nonfiction books about sales and growing business. The rest of the time is Protestant spiritualism and prosperity gospel.

Describe picrel with your best prose.

Tell us more about your mom user, are you the kid of an analytic professor?
This honestly. My mom doesn't read.

mainly detective books
however she does read other stuff and is in my book group so here's what she has chosen and what i have chosen that she's had to read as a result of me picking it (the way our group works is we take turns picking books we especially love that everyone reads and discusses)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (495x360, 112.83K)

A lot of diet fad books and whatever Oprah’s favorite her book group is reading.
Having our home library be, no exaggeration, 60% diet/exercise books gave me a severe lifelong eating disorder, which is annoying as it’s such an effeminate problem to have.
6 weeks without binging/purging/fasting right now, though. Maybe I’ll kick it for good this time.

Attached: 19AF4F9E-776C-4C98-9BB1-DE7AD2ADF6F9.jpg (469x440, 70.2K)

Cormac McCarthy, C.S. Lewis, Dante, Tolkien, Huxley, Ray Bradbury; basically anything.
The only book she’s ever actually thrown away was Don Quixote because she’s an anti-nihilist.

My mother read 50 Shades of Grey, and I still haven't forgiven her.

Murder mysteries both gritty and whimsical, love stories on European islands, books set on cruise ships, thrillers.
We don't have anything in common, as far as literature goes. She calls what I like meandering plotless garbage and I call what she likes repetitive melodramatic garbage and we're both right.

Attached: 1542950817190.jpg (750x481, 31.22K)

Gardening, Cooking, and Christian books.

"TERF" god what a stupid term. She must be based huh?

>>Prosperity gospel
she reads the Bible and also worships Satan?

This picture gave me an incredible sense of longing

protestant books of the pentecostal kind

>drummer in my old HS band was a complete fuck up
>always played in his garage since, drumset
>one day go into his house to poop
>home is spotless, immaculate really, but stinks like cigarettes
>see his mother in the corner chain smoking cigarettes and reading one of those romance novels with Fabio on the front
>see her probably 3 more times that summer, each with a different Fabio back

Not really sure what that was about.
Just an odd memory thanks to this thread.

>Kite runner
Hey my mom read this too

she reads the first 20 pages of whatever new lib bullshit comes out

hillary clinton biography, trump bad expose novel, etc

There's like a genre of mystery novel where nothing is scary, the mystery is really easy to figure out, the stakes are low, and half the book is about how it's nice to solve this mystery at a bed and breakfast with a cute employee who will inexplicably bang the dour middle aged author self insert

My mom reads like 400 of these a year, which is step up from the tens of thousands of harlequin romances she read 1980-2010

mostly the usual mom trash but occasionally good stuff. currently she's reading the secret history and a few years ago she read and enjoyed anna karenina

sounds comfy and hot what would be an example?