Required Reading

I was required to read this for a sociology class and don't understand why it's so controversial. It's obvious Africa was dealt a tough hand--why the friction?

Attached: B06X1CT33R.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg (331x500, 43.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

westhunt.wordpress.com/2017/09/04/guns-germs-and-steel-revisited/
bitchute.com/video/qvaxPH3ftUQ/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Zebras can be used as beasts of burden.

i like that book

it's just chuds pushing the narrative that because black people are at the bottom of every society they are part of, and the fact that africa is still the poorest area on earth despite having abundant resources and access to modern technology and knowledge that genetics are more important than anything the book proposes.

Attached: 20919DE5-764F-4EFB-AA32-D3A8A6747B89.jpg (1024x1276, 131.72K)

europe was connected to asia and got many things from them (indian mathematics for example) africa was always isolated

>Africa is isolated
Britain is a island

Doesn't Africa have sea routes to Asia that Europe Doesn't?

Nigger it's a whole continent.

Europe is cut off from asian by the alps and the carpathian mountains. That east west same climate argument this book makes is horseshit.

>Fibonacci popularized the Indo–Arabic numeral system in the Western world primarily through his composition in 1202 of Liber Abaci (Book of Calculation).[13][14] He also introduced Europe to the sequence of Fibonacci numbers, which he used as an example in Liber Abaci.[15]

>In the Liber Abaci (1202), Fibonacci introduced the so-called modus Indorum (method of the Indians), today known as the Hindu–Arabic numeral system,[25][26] with ten digits including a zero and positional notation.

What does numerology have to do with agriculture? The lack of time for intellectualism was caused by the harsh environment and lack of resources.

Libnigger cope

Europeans started colonizing the world because they lacked resources

It denies the contribution of culture to developing a society… it’s all wrapped in white guilt usually. Your position is a deterministic one that says how far you go is determined by your geographic location. But the reality is that ideology plays a big role in the development of a society. Think about why you are trying to push this viewpoint hard… is it because you are actually right or because you hate retards that are obsessed with blacks

What a stupid book
The fucking Chinese had invented gun powder before the god damn European but I guess the author forgot that

Chuds just like to deny the superiority of the people from Papa New Guinea. Jared Diamond knows the truth.

Liberals don't like it because it makes Europeans look too innocent/competent and downplays the actions/agency of natives

The far-right doesn't like it because it doesn't posit a genetic explanation for divergences in outcomes

Because it's garbage, the moron argues that living with livestock made euros more resistant to diseases and created diseases with more potential to become epidemic then proceeds to list a bunch of epidemic diseases that don't come from livestock as the ones that rekt the americas, he argues metal armor gave an advantage to the conquistadors over the natives when in reality they stop using them early on since leather armor was good enough, he argues west-east orientation gave europe and advantage over the north-south oriented africa and americas when at their widest both of them are wider than europe and then he argues europe had better livestock animals by comparing domesticated animals to wild ones

When you reject the obvious answer, you have to for remoter and remoter possibilities.

>Guns Germs and Steel
Debunked

westhunt.wordpress.com/2017/09/04/guns-germs-and-steel-revisited/

Attached: guns germs and steel.png (662x5691, 443.66K)

>>Africa is isolated
>Britain is a island
Damn I wonder what this guy's IQ is

woah dude... your saying these little tiny things in our bodies are like... super important? that like... there putting a limit on our capabilities as humans? that's like... woah dude... who would have thought...

It basically gives plausible excuses as to why certain races outperform other races without saying that those races are superior because you kinda can’t teach sociology without the question coming up of why brown and black societies are so much less developed than white ones. So it preempts that by chalking it up to really simple answers that seem plausible but actually aren’t true. But actually, it’s just because white races are the most developed race and that’s how God made it

It's this The basic premise that local resources and climate affect the development of a culture is solid and a no-brainer, but that's all there is. Like yeah, no shit Africa didn't do anything impressive, it's hot and miserable down there

lmao based cro-magnon

any good alternative you would recommend about the same topic?

Why did Europeans figure out planting seeds 7000 years before Africans?

>harsh environment
Lol

>It's obvious Africa was dealt a tough hand
lol no it is one of the most blessed places in terms of resources

You know Egypt is in Africa, right?

Because they weren't dealt a tough hand, niggers are simply retarded.

Decline of the West

I wonder why this fellow white man would write such a ridiculous pseudo scientific book and present it as facts. I also wonder why would the whole academic world not laugh at his face but instead parade it like some beacon of science
hmm...

It's enough to make one (((think)))

Because any hint at European supremacy is dangerous to them. If we begin to collectivise by race, the world changes.

Attached: 1622053090996.jpg (674x1024, 114.63K)

I never had to read the whole thing but back when I was 15 they made us read passages from it for AP world history class and test questions referenced jared diamond. I remember thinking that a lot of his arguments sounded like bullshit. Came across this video a year ago and it looks like diamond was a hack after all.
>inb4 made by a white nationalist

bitchute.com/video/qvaxPH3ftUQ/

Tldr Diamonds main thesis is one of historical and geographic determinism based on small made up narratives about individual situations

Attached: Screenshot_20220416-164226_Chrome.jpg (1440x1500, 681.55K)

You mean Aryan mathematics.

>Im just gonna stay in this hot miserable place till whitey comes to pick me up

We were just talking about it in the other thread :)

Didn't South Africa have agriculture when the Dutch arrived?

True although to be fair northern Africa is/was separate from sub-Saharan Africa. Egypt culturally, economically and geographically is more related to the middle east than South Africa.

Good luck trying

You are retarded beyond belief

Yeah, a bunch of subsaharan african kingdoms were around late bronze age/early iron age or greater level of development before the slave trade fucked their economies, in the americas they also had some sophisticated farming techniques like building terraces on the mountainsides do they have flat land to farm and take advantage of the rain

where do ideologies come from

Intelligent and educated individuals within a community, that has first mastered the basic requirements for life to thrive. Small wonder they developed any in Africa.

Attached: 774px-David-Oath_of_the_Horatii-1784-1.jpg (774x600, 107.79K)

generally not liked because environmental determinism is an old theory in geography that usually struggles to answer the question of why Asia never became the world power because the answer there comes down to a legitimate degree of happenstance. I don't know why your sociology class made you read this most academics or people who've gotten degrees in history and geography don't really like it.

I agree this was always a question I had and one I still repeatedly find relevant in my day-to-day life after I read the book. This book provided the answer in an easy and entertaining way. I don't think it would be an exaggeration to call this book one of the things which make up the foundation of my thinking.

and by the problem with Asia environmental determinism usually tries to solve it with race loaded justifications like weird theories about climate and personality or that Asia had special waterways that made them despotic for some reason.

read the book and stop embarrassing yourself by talking about something you clearly have no idea about.

The book lies and contradicts its own arguments. Sometimes in the same sentence.

Attached: EgUAWW7XkAIaaOU.png (696x737, 1.33M)

Perhaps Tocqueville.

I too haven’t managed to find anything which has similar subject. There must be some academic ones available to use for less than enrolling in a course..some user can recommend ?

Racist assholes don't like looking like assholes. This book makes them look like assholes.

Haven't even commented in this thread, but you talk like an absolute faggot redditor. Go back.

Attached: guns germs and steel.jpg (1551x805, 453.93K)

based /pol/ poster

This book is the epitome of source: trust me

based

>blogger "deboonking"

It did get a lot of criticism in the academic world.
Holy seething

A thought provoking but very flawed book.
He ignores the biological diversity of humans to push for a purely environmental cause for success or failure.
The degree to which it is promoted over other texts that better encompass the broader subject paint as if not intentional propaganda then utilised as such.