Pre-ordered

pre-ordered

Attached: 231.jpg (799x800, 64.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/18XNZdfH9ku8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>dude science and incest xD lmao

Attached: topsters2.png (660x600, 206.58K)

I read blood meridian last year and I think he took the last vestige of innocence from me

Christ, Blood Meridian wasn’t even that bad. Watch Bone Tomahawk.
Really tired of giant floppy vaginas crying about how they put the book down because it was too violent.

Kek

They're just repeating Bloom. The book is fine, but it's the worst thing he's written. If you're not rolling your eyes and laughing, you've been rused.

You're on Yea Forums. What in the fuck are you talking about? I can't think of a single thing in the book that would take any vestige of innocence" from someone.

Attached: 1638660114918.jpg (768x1024, 210.64K)

It's not just the violence but the general depravity all around, but yeah the massacres just do not stop.
Sure I've seen some fucked up shit on here but something like BM is different in that it has more depth than just surface level shock, it wears the reader down.

>it's the worst thing he's written
This is not even remotely true.

What was worse? I've enjoyed everything else by him a lot more.

There's nothing surface level about cartel videos. And there's no depth to Judge Holden. You picked up on that right? Or you as brain dead as the Glanton gang?

The Orchard Keeper and The Road, at the very least, are objectively worse, don't be an idiot

I'm not sure what you mean 'worse.' BM is one of his better novels. The only thing I can see some people call better is Suttree.

>tfw you've read every McCarthy novel but not Blood Meridian and No Country for Old Men
Am I missing out on something?

big time

I think you've been duped. I definitely overrated BM for years. I reread it recently and was shocked. The Road and The Orchard Keeper are absolutely higher quality. Blood Meridian is goofy as hell. It goes from laugh out loud bad to simple cringe and eye rolling.

The book My Confession: The Recollections of a Rogue is back in print. You can pull it off libgen if you're interested. It has McCarthy's sources for Holden, which were basically inaccessible until 2019. There wasn't much invention around the character, Chamberlain describes the same guy, a number of the same scenes.

Attached: Jumbo.jpg (1050x549, 128.67K)

How so?

Not literature.

Blood Meridian is a masterpiece.

But why? I doubt anything could be better for my stone-cold heart than All the Pretty Horses.

>oh cool a limited edition hardcover boxset!
>60 god damn motherfucking dollaroos
Yeah, I think I'll be pirating this one, boys. It's pissed me off too much, and now I can't even bring myself to buy the normal edition (WoOw only 40 dollars?! such good deal!). Fuck buying books. If you have ever bought a physical book in your entire life you are a pussy. The only exception is if nobody has scanned it yet.

Attached: BeegPepe.png (478x1024, 403.57K)

Letting poor people read was a fucking mistake in the first place.

As a rule of thumb I pirate everything I read for the first time.

What to read after blood meridian? If I’m being honest I almost dropped it but it caught my attention halfway through.

And yet people will pay $90 for the latest yearly piece of shit AAA shooter or fifa or madden or assassin's creed or they'll pay $20 a head to go see the latest Disney/Marvel/Sony drivel but no, people who buy physical books are pussies.
Try not looking at a screen for an hour for once in your life and go touch some grass.

And they rode on to the rust colored tabernacle and the haciendas sat toadlike on the barren wastes and the tortillas flaked like dried mud as the Kid shallowed with a dry throat and the mexicans scalps tried tortilla like on the belt loops of the baroque gang dressed in a mismatch of grotesgy finery tortilla tabernacle scaple nightwire

like some great blood meridian or the evening redness in the west.

And then he rode and then he took the tortilla and then he took the coffee and then he drank the coffee and then he crumbled up the tortilla and then he put the tortilla into the coffee cup and then he used the tortilla as a moist maker and then the tortilla was slathered in the leftover coffee and then he ate the tortilla and then he rode on and then he scalped an indian

Thought about getting those but I want to have them right away.

They rode until sunset then stopped in a chaparral to make a fire in an arroyo next to a cordillera atop a caldera. They sat in silence for some time, gazing out at the tortillas and haciendas and coal miners, niggerblack from coaldust. The expriest Tobin opened his exbible and sang some exhymns. Glanton spat. They ate a dinner of cornmeal and bacon fat fried in a cast iron pan the Judge forged in a furnace made from one of the mexican’s skulls, bleached white now made niggerblack from the coals. Glanton spat and punched a little girl in the ribs so hard you could hear the bones snap like dried tortillas falling from an arroyo.

voca.ro/18XNZdfH9ku8

You didn't explain why it's bad.

Horrible cover - I will not be reading this novel

Is all the pretty horses his best novel?

It's obvious you got filtered but this made me kek

The absolute fuck? Child of God is the objectively the worst fucking thing he’s ever done

it's suttree

This is the funniest post on Yea Forums right now

Damn Sut

it's The Crossing

>preordering
>pirating
reddit really has taken over. books are not video games.

kek

mfw reading the abuella's story about gustavo

Attached: EaP7abrWAAAEm19.png (1644x1216, 1.01M)

Have you ever read any history book ever? Blood Meridian was tame compared to anything based in real life.

Based and aristocracy pilled

>What was worse? I've enjoyed everything else by him a lot more.
finally, I have found a friend

Yes.

You want me to post quotes for your evaluation?

Don’t read it then you fucking dick head

Child of God is excellent. You're forgetting or missing how fucking goofy Blood Meridian is I swear lol

Attached: ow.jpg (574x440, 29.84K)

That's a big hat

where can I pre order it

>epic hacker Yea Forums

Attached: 064.gif (326x281, 170.84K)

Best villain.

Why? She's the best villain McCarthy has invented. Fuck her.

Or anything in the news. You'd have to be seriously asleep at the wheel to feel the way that kid does. Perhaps he's just posing. Which is whatever.

Lol only Border Trilogy bros will truly understand how funny this is

Attached: rp.jpg (644x453, 34.06K)

Is there another tree fucking scene.

lmao tor-till-ah

The dollar becomes less valuable by the second, and printed books become more valuable just by their existence. It’s the only medium where age perfects and creates it, like wine. You’re truly a moron if you can’t see or appreciate that, or if you value your dollarino more than the words of some of the greatest men that have graced this planet

Attached: E9119AA1-19A8-4111-8902-3A57C02AFB13.png (854x480, 389.41K)

lmao
the Border Trilogy is his best work but you goofballs never get past BM

Attached: 1508549767484.jpg (479x359, 20.5K)

I only like corncob tortilla when he is writing about hillbillies.

>30 dollarydoos per hardback
I don't know where you live user, that's pretty average for a hardback let alone a newly released book.

>goofy
>I swear
go back to twitter and take your niggerspeak with you

>He’s pre-ordered the box set which isn’t out until December, while the individual books are out in October and November.

Enjoy waiting an extra month.

The Border Trilogy was like having acid poured down the center of my spine: AtPH - ooh fun adventure and coming of age, though a bit more brutal than usual -> The Crossing - Fun wolfie adv---wtf? WTF cmon WTF WTF -> CotP - oh cool it's like Gaddis but fun rancher li---wtf oh come on wtf---WTF ok at least it's ove---WTF *ends*

Attached: RosyCross.jpg (600x700, 60.91K)