What's your drop ratio? How much time does it take you to drop a show?

What's your drop ratio? How much time does it take you to drop a show?

>6:10
>2/3 episodes

Attached: what412331.jpg (460x460, 34K)

I don't record shows I drop, so I don't know or care about a drop ratio, but I watch every show that airs each season.

Let's say each season has 40 shows on average.
I end up watching 6-8 of them by week 2 or 3.
I drop 90% of shows I will drop before the first episode finishes.

I'll continue about 3 out of every 20 things I check out.

On average I give em about 5 minutes to convince me.

bump

I think Im heading to this kind of thing, fuck I should start dropping even more

I have refined my taste over the years so I just know if it’ll be worth a try by the summary and poster alone. I end up watching a couple shows per season and rarely drop anything this way.

Attached: D62EF2FC-5DDF-43FC-9764-E3A3B3004E79.gif (300x350, 113K)

You can get an idea in the first episode, no need to watch more. Sometimes 2 minutes is enough if the animation sucks so much that it's unbearable.

>drop rate
Currently it’s 100%
>how long does it take
The opening should be enough

I actually wasted money to ride shinkansen last week, it was nothing special fuck this girl.

It takes a lot for me to drop something because even though it may be overtly bad, it usually has some hidden good parts. Naurto is a great example of this, it's mostly god-awful, but every so often it has some genuine good-greatness that keeps me interested.
Something has to be an actual 4/10 or lower for me to fight my autism and not finish it.

One episode because if you can't interest me at the start then you aren't worth another 10 hours

I usually do some research before I start a new show so I rarely drop. But when I do its usually within 3 episodes. If I make it to half the season I force myself to finish even if I'm not enjoying it, but that's also rare.

The synopsis and trailer will usually tell me if it's worth checking out, picked up like a dozen this season and dropped one after 2 episodes.

I don't remember Vigne wearing this shirt

she got reverse isekai'd as a high school girl

That's exactly what Vigne is though

does GO really count as one though?

>9/10
>1 frame - 1 minute

everything is trash

I watch shows from a backlog and haven't watched a show that I thought was bad enough to drop yet
I must have good luck

1:20 if not even less, I trust my gut when picking shows so I mostly end up watching what I like
Usually 1 or 3 episodes, the last show I dropped was Franxx at 5

I literally dropped reviewers the second I saw the first frame
I could already tell exactly where everything will go, I felt like I already watched it
It's surreal

>the last show I dropped was Franxx at 5
shame, you missed the best episode.

MR ADVERTISER GET DOWN!

Attached: 1573359813269.png (327x333, 118K)

What are you talking about I didn't post anything.

This. How much a fucking shitter do you have to be to STILL be dropping hows in the year of our lord 2024. Just stop watching shit shows
>hurr how do you know it's shit
Books have covers for a reason, anons

>by the summary
Premise Summary literally doesn't tell you anything about the writing quality

>written by
>doesn't tell you anything about writing quality

and which one would that be?
Didn't care for either the characters or the world

how I drop animes
>3rd episode isn't a beach episode
>11th episode isn't a school festival episode

What's the furthest anyone has gone with a show before giving up? I can't imagine dropping anything once I've watched it half-way. (I suppose I would if it really annoyed me, but that hasn't happened yet.)

I came pretty close with K-On! I persevered because everyone seems to love it so much but half-way through E5 I just couldn't stand their vacuous time-wasting behaviour another second.

Katanagatari for me. I binged 10 episodes in one night, passed out before starting the 11th and just never finished it.

i typically drop stuff by episode 4-5
the furthest i got into something was vinland saga (ep.10 iirc) but i since picked it up again and it turned out to be my favorite from that season

>watching vinland saga
Yea Forums never ceases to make me seethe

I drop in about equal parts for boredom and displeasure. I dropped K-on a little later because I realized I was just letting it play in the background and not actually paying attention. I've learned I just can't get into CGDCT unless it's actually an otherwise strong comedy. I dropped franxx at like...10 (? honestly can't remember, certainly past half) because it just got less and less appealling.

I'll skim the first episode and if nothing interesting pops up that makes me stop skimming, I drop it. Simple as.

I drop at 3 episodes
only time I didn't make it was wataten, dropped it three minutes into episode 2

My bad, it was my imagination, you can keep "not posting anything" good citizen.

Attached: 1557223801736.png (325x296, 123K)

don't know about ratios but my attention span is shot to shit for various reasons; if the first episode doesn't interest me, i drop it. might pick it back up if it gets good reviews from sources that don't seem too retarded

mawaru penguindrum? i think i got to episode eleven (blonde lady perving on stalker girl) before i just couldn't take anymore.
i don't understand how ikuni went from utena to that kek

Going right to almost the end of a show and then dropping it is a huge flex on the show I think.

It reminds me of the film Cinema Paradiso. A girl tells a boy he has to stand outside her window every night for an hour for a year and then she'll marry him or something.
So he stands for 1 hour every night for 364 days and then doesn't turn up on the last day. That's quite a cool move actually.

>How much time does it take you to drop a show?
A chapter, with my experience I don't need more. Speaking in Anime, now in manga also a chapter.

Does it count if you watch season 1 of a show but just don't care for season 2? Not talking about situations where directors change etc. Because I very much enjoyed Kakegurui but the setting exhausted itself pretty well with the first season.

Are you alert to the danger that the show might only get into its stride in E2? That's not so rare. For example, the first episode of Girly Air Force was terrible, but then it improved markedly. (The overall plot was still a dumpster fire admittedly.)

I think different seasons are a different thing. For example, with Familiar of Zero, I can quite understand someone watching S1 and S2 and then stopping. But stopping mid-season... that's just plain wrong.

>Been on a dropping spree for the last month straight
>Get six episodes in and feel like I've seen enough

This is hell

4:3

Attached: artworks-000190390138-3y2e64-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 44K)

I don't drop.

Attached: ezw3e3kqtma41.jpg (4032x3024, 723K)

Dropped Toradora at ep. 17, the biggest waste of my time, feels like I'd regret my spent time less if I were starting into nothingness and for multi-season series, Tales of Zestiria 2nd season at ep. 8. And as for time to drop, usually one episode is more than enough, but sometimes I get bored midway and may drop few episodes away from ending. At the moment the completion to drop rate is about 5/3, but the drop number keeps rising.

Mine is very low. The only one I can recently recall dropping was Black Clover.

Don't get me wrong, I keep up on the manga, but I just can't staAAAAAND the waAAAAYYY Asta speaAAAAAAKS all the tiIIIIME! It killed it for me within the first few episoOOOOODES!

If anything I take too long to drop shit shows. Took me 9 episodes of Magia Record to realize I was just forcing myself to sit through it and it's just fucking terrible.

A lot of anime have strong first seasons and go to shit in the second. Almost any anime that goes beyond 2 seasons turns to absolute garbage with rare exceptions.

>Dropped Toradora at ep. 17,

Literally me

>with Familiar of Zero, I can quite understand someone watching S1 and S2 and then stopping. But stopping mid-season

Dropped at episode six. Can't stand Rie Kugimiya, I watch to reach through my screen and strangle all of her characters to death.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (500x280, 3.23M)

SAO
Finished Gun Gale with Sinon, didn’t bother picking up the rest
Second place is BnHA
Finished Tournament arc, dropped it because I could feel it turning to shit