Is Fujimoto the Tarantino of manga?

Is Fujimoto the Tarantino of manga?

Attached: Chainsaw Man - Chapter 56 - 16.jpg (784x1145, 105K)

Actually, yes. He makes entertaining schlock that's nothing more than that, but his fans are under the impression that his works are somehow revolutionary or even impressive in the medium as a whole.

>that's nothing more than that
You gotta back that up

He is The Kubrick.

Attached: 620476._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1836, 478K)

You have to be 18+ to post here

I don’t think he’s artistically talented enough to be Kubrick. I think Tarantino was a good comparison

>Quentin Jerome Tarantino is an American filmmaker. His films are characterized by nonlinear storylines, aestheticization of violence, extended scenes of dialogue, ensemble casts, references to popular culture and a wide variety of other films
You could replace Tarantino's name with Fujimoto and nothing would change. Even the French call him that

Real talk, I think Fujimoto's style is too passive to be like Tarantino. Just the mood of the OP pic proves this. In that scene Tarantino would probably have a dick joke or some humorous murder. Chainsawman has a lot more cool down moments especially with Denji and Aki who are borderline depressed at times.

Your intelligence is insulting to the rest of us humans.

>no u

Who is the David Lynch of manga?

Nah, that would be Satoru Noda of Golden Kamuy

I don't see it. Explain?

Dont know if it exists in manga but the closest I can think of is ABe and Chiaki Konaka's work.
Shuzo Oshimi might fit for parts of it but I find he's closer to David Fincher in terms of his character interactions.

Jesus, you are so retarded it isnt even funny

probably Matsumoto Jiro is closest. Jiro's stuff is more chaotic though.

Who's the Christopher Nolan of manga?

>Tarantino
you mean rip-off hong kong cinema then get all the fame?

Hell no. Also, CSM's been shit since this chapter.

Attached: CSM page 1.jpg (891x1300, 234K)

Based Huntard.

>are under the impression that his works are somehow revolutionary or even impressive in the medium as a whole.
doing straightforward entertainment right is enough for that

Ito in terms of his stories not making sense and the horror aspect as well.

>Fujimoto
>Not artistically talented
Fire Punch will be looked upon as the pinnacle of storytelling for years to come.

you deluded faggots are the new Hunterfags

This. Can such Kinography ever be surpassed? I doubt it.

Attached: 1581064922028.jpg (579x8192, 2.96M)

Keep forcing it and I'm sure one day it'll stick

Attached: 1581326987656.png (410x888, 178K)

>feet drawn like shit
Honestly, yes.

First half was Tarantino
Second half was Kubrick

Attached: 1583248085459.jpg (1600x1111, 675K)

Forcing what? You're equally as obnoxious as them in thinking your mediocre shonenshit is the pinnacle of anything.

She single handedly ruined the manga for me.
It was kind of nonsensical and hard to follow until then, but when she got into the mix I think it was the decisive point separating the "This is weird but fun" side of the story from the "Nothing matters in this random series of events" side.

Chainsaw Man is great and proves just how much he's grown as an author, now that he has learned how to concile wanting to write crazy stuff with actually telling a story.

Attached: 21574.jpg.gif (192x192, 214K)

Sure. And I'm sure one day you'll get the rest of the board to agree with you.

Attached: 1583248448926.png (366x673, 291K)

You gotta get the rest of the board to agree with you first.

>Fire Punch
>Shounen

based

>now that he has learned how to concile wanting to write crazy stuff with actually telling a story.
Fire Punch isn't perfect, but it does indeed tell a story. I see a lot of people saying similar things to you, that it lacks direction and there's no 'real' story etc. But the way I see it is that you guys don't actually understand Fire Punch because you're constantly comparing it to your understanding of what *makes* a story, using works from other authors.

Based fire chad
Cringe retard

No because Tarantino is a hack, unlike Fujimoto

I'm not as dumb as to completely miss the "main" story, but the way it developed just wasn't satisfying to me.
You can rave all you want about how experimental and unconventional it was, but it doesn't change that it often made for some very poor management of the 'weight' certain things had.

Characters kept appearing and dying out of nowhere, things like the arrival of blades dude and butt girl were devoid of any interest beyond provoking quite a few head scratchings.

The last third is actually somewhat enjoyable again since most of the mess is behind you at that point, but the middle third just isn't very good in my opinion.
It's unconventional, yes, but it could have been done better and with a much less annoying framing to it.
The constant raving about movies and whacky cultural references took up pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and by the end of it I kept feeling tempted to just drop the manga.

Thankfully that persona just ollied out of the story at some point, but still.
I wish more authors had the courage to actually try new things, so we'd be able to judge such works more objectively, instead of having retards like this guy automatically worshipping anything that dares to break the mold for once.

Attached: 1462727977415.jpg (539x600, 164K)

What are some works by ABe that I should check out?

>Nothing matters in this random series of events
I've seen a few people outside of here praising it as a work of nihilistic fiction and while I never agreed with it I can see where they're coming from. By around chapter 20 (when it's revealed there is no ice witch) it becomes apparent that yes, nothing matters. There is no hope for humanity and all of their war, struggles and beliefs are ultimately meaningless in the face of an uncaring universe. At some point Togata realized this and rather than succumb to apathy like every other long living regenerator, she decided to say fuck it, I'm gonna do whatever I want because nothing can stop me. The 'Ice Witch' was the same, when you've lived for thousands of years with nothing left to entertain you and with all life besides yours coming to an end in two decades, hatching a beyond convoluted plan to watch Star Wars makes perfect sense. It wasn't just randomness for the sake of being random, there's a method to Fujimoto's madness.

Attached: 1583251451360.png (889x592, 286K)

I'm saying it wasn't a very interesting story to experience from most of the PoVs that were given. Even if the story is there, you often end up wishing you could just focus on the smaller stories, instead of them just burning out for the sake of moving onto something else.

It's like making a WW2 movie, but for 90% of the time you just follow the PoV of a Turkish farmer who sometimes watches TV or ends up seeing some troops in the distance.
Then you make someone who has never heard ANYTHING about WW2 watch that movie.
That's what reading Fire Punch is like.

You might end up understanding "yes, there's a war in this setting I'm watching", but until the last third where they switch to Hitler's PoV and stay there until the ending, it'll be hard to even care.