Manga

How profitable is it to keep old manga? Is it worth keeping old volumes of manga to resell at a later date or to simply sell them for a few dollars?

I have a bunch of manga that is old and I don't like anymore and I have a friend thinking of buying them all. Do you guys think there's any value in keeping rare manga that you don't really like?

Attached: 00821d65d56e50b4b0b39bfef928b953c8a17dc7_hq.jpg (1024x576, 98K)

>localized manga

Attached: madotsuki.jpg (680x680, 85K)

I see the dragon ball manga you have in my local comic shop it's prob not worth much

doesn't Japan treat manga like used newspaper?, I can imagine a NA version being worth next to nothing.

Basically unless it's signed by the creator or a manga that doesn't get published it's next to nothing

OP here that's just a picture I got off the internet.

Show or name your collection or better yet go into the buyfag thread

I know currently it's basically worth nothing. My question is the value of it goes up after a couple of decades. Sort of like how some American comics go up in value.

Look on Amazon.co.jp, used manga that's no longer in print still sell for 1 yen.

Manga is not a collector's item. Very low resale value.

Thank you both.

"Some American comics" that have value are all the ones from the 30s and 40s. There is no manga from before the 50s and it's heavily reprinted if it's Tezuka.

Well it's a collectors value for buyfags like me but yeah if it's used it needs to be dirt cheap

I want them to keep localizing, but I also will buy original Japanese to support those mangaka. I also want to support localization. Spreading of these titles!

Maybe by next century.

This. But doujins can have really high resale value, see Cura's (maitetsu/monobeno artist) last Illya doujin.

Everyone who is autistic enough to pay large sums of money for japanese comics is autistic enough to learn japanese. These people would buy the original and even that original isn't worth anything in virtually all cases.

Most manga won't sell for much unless they're not only out of print, but also in high (and I mean high) demand.
Some of your TokyoPop shit might be worth something, but I doubt it.
Some manga go for outrageous prices.
I was considering getting the issue of WSJ that HxH premiered in for the colour pages it had, and that thing was $300

This.
I still collect manga, but I'm never selling any of the shit I buy. Mostly because I literally can't.
My anime collection on the other hand has some nice rarities that will fetch a lot more than what I paid
>Code Geass R1+2 Limited Edition (BD)
>Devilman OVA Collection (BD)
>Familiar of Zero Complete Collection (BD)
>FMA Conqueror of Shamballa (BD)
>Hunter x Hunter Pilot (VHS)
>Middle Manager Tonegawa (BD)

For obvious reasons, the most fuck-off expensive doujins are by Azuma Hideo.

Things that will have skyrocketed resale value
>Figures
>Doujin
>First press limited edition BD

good. the collecting/reselling aspect is one of the many things that made american capeshit go into steep decline. old manga volumes should be cheap, because manga volumes should not be rare.

No profit, unless you want to wait for 100 years.

When I was 12 y/o I started to collect volumes of shitty shounen like Naruto and One Piece because I was to dumb to read them on internet.

That caused me a severe autism and now when I read a online manga I enjoyed, I feel the consoomer urge to buy the physical manga if it's published on a language I can understand (Spanish or English).

I know the money I spent on those books are fully wasted, at most I can recover a 30% of the original value l, but don't know feels good to have full shelves of mangas, and I reread them when I like

From what I've seen, the only ones that are ever worth something are the last couple volumes of a series. And that is because there's usually less printings of those volumes.

Having said that, most of the stuff out there has discolored paper or is all ragged, like the trash in that picture. Would you pay top dollar for a softback with a broken spine and the corners all fucked up? I wouldn't.

I did however pickup a really beat library copy (on the cheap), with the explicit intent of slicing it up and scanning it. Which I did and later upped to pink goddess.

Doujinshi is actually the only thing I've ever bothered collecting, since the chances of there ever being reprints is almost nonexistent and the total printings is significantly less than commercially available products.

This is an interesting take, I like the way you think.

Attached: the rundown.png (1850x1347, 672K)

Not really
1. You're lucky if can resell for list price, let alone more. Even double in a decade isn't impressive when the stock market exists
2. Anyone who REALLY wants a series would have likely already have bought it
3. Stupidly high eBay prices don't necessarily mean anyone's actually buying
4. Books don't last forever, certainly not in the way the average person can preserve them anyway

For faggots that actually want to take care of this shit, I suggest you stop by your nearest comic book store and buy a pack of these. Most standardized amerifat manga, lightnovels and NES boxes fit inside these nicely.

Attached: 41ZKzrEbtxL._SX294_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (296x499, 21K)

Also I keep my doujinshi in golden age comic book bags, with matching boards, inside a golden age short box. Doujinshi fits a bit loose, so boards are absolutely necessary.

Attached: 4152tcxvDXL._AC_.jpg (498x337, 24K)