What does Yea Forums prefer, figures or dolls?

What does Yea Forums prefer, figures or dolls?

Attached: 358941.jpg (869x1024, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1999.co.jp/eng/10670433
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2D to stay 2D.

They're really incomparable. Figures are just collectibles but dolls are a hobby. Also Yea Forums is full of poorfags and the DD barrier to entry is really fucking high. I've only got 1 doll and 2 outfits, and a used camera with the kit lens and that set me back over $2000. I know guys with multiple dolls and a full wardrobe and camera setups worth at least $10k. It's especially insane if you ever go to an event in Japan and guys are just casually strolling around with $5000 worth of dolls and clothes and accessories and a $2000 camera bag.

I really like dolls but I don't have the money for them. Buying all sorts of cute outfits for her and taking pictures of her in different cute poses sounds so nice. Maybe some day.

There is probably not a single person on Yea Forums who can actually afford to collect dolls.

1/12 scale dolls are like $75 new.
1/6 are around $125 (i.e the price of a similar sized figure)
Example: 1999.co.jp/eng/10670433
DDs like the one in the OP pic are indeed expensive. Azone dolls are just a little smaller than DDs but are much cheaper, they run around $450 new, 1/3 scale, come with a complete outfit and "theme", stand, etc. so you don't really need to spend anything more on the doll.

Attached: 10670433a.jpg (900x1200, 84K)

I don't get the camera stuff at all. I have a SLR I bought a decade ago, no additional equipment, and I've managed to take some nice photos. But I mainly want to play with the doll for myself not show her to others on Twitter or something. I don't get that.

Doll ownership just leads to photography for a lot of people. You take a picture with your phone but you realize phone cameras suck so you get a DSLR. Then you get a prime lens for that sweet bokeh. But then you realize you need a slower lens because you actually want the background in focus when you're outdoors. Then you need a tripod. Then you need a flash. Then you need a bag. Then you want to upgrade to something with a tilting screen. And before you know it you're lugging a full bag of gear around.

I prefer kigurumi

Figures: plastic decorations
Dolls: Real waifus that can pose, wear different clothes suited to particular occassions, have realistic hair, and need to be played with, talked to, and treated in general like a little companion.

Attached: EPmoxHlVUAANIW8.jpg (2730x4096, 1.27M)

Dolls are creepy and move when you don't watch them

Why do they always draw lighting effects in the eyes?
Why not just use glass eyes?

Hopefully this year I will finally get a DD Miku. I've wanted one for ages.

Definitely prefer figures. They don't have any glaring imperfections like joints. And everything about them is tailor made so you have no oversized clothes making them look silly. Dolls can't really be posed in any sort of dynamic way like figures. Dolls also obviously don't have elaborate bases. Figures are higher quality and nicer looking. You can admire the paint and craftsmanship put into them whereas dolls don't have that kind of manufacturing process.
Also dolls are creepy while figures are fucking sexy and fappable.
Basically figures are art pieces while Barbies are for little girls.

While I admire the craftsmanship of dolls. I personally feel they kinda fall a bit into the uncanny valley while most figures manage to stay out of it.

Attached: 1582057922007.png (236x195, 108K)

>glaring imperfections like joints
Totally subjective, user.

My ideal would be a middle ground, something like a figma I can dress up.

No one appreciates seams on a scale figure, so I don't really see how anyone can find joints attractive.

Attached: 49791457_p0.jpg (1196x855, 536K)

If you're going to try and convince me, at least take a photo of your actual doll.

Something important came to mind. How big do doll's boobs get, and do they have nipples?

Regarding boobs: About this big.

Attached: ELLFVB3UwAEbsnP.jpg (1365x2048, 290K)

Nice, those cans look delightful. I take back what I said about dolls not being sexy.
Bit too big for Rin though.